http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 Halo 3 Trailer  (Read 807 times)
jimmyorr99
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

Pretty cool, I wish this was the movie trailer though  icon_wink Who knows when that is going to come. Very cool though..

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »

Quote from: jimmyorr99 on July 12, 2007, 02:46:25 PM

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

Pretty cool, I wish this was the movie trailer though  icon_wink Who knows when that is going to come. though..

Very possibly never- the studios pulled the plug and no one has picked up the ball yet. 

Personally, I just hope that Halo 3 single player is what Halo 2 should have been.  Halo 2 was by no means a bad game but I didn't think it was as good as Halo 1 and the quality overall was inexcusable for having three years of development as MS's top priority.  I was there at midnight to pick up Halo 2 and took the next day off of work but I certainly won't be doing that with Halo 3. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:26:38 PM »

since this is in off topic does that mean we're allowed to go off topic?  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:46:49 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 12, 2007, 02:57:06 PM

Halo 2 was by no means a bad game but I didn't think it was as good as Halo 1 and the quality overall was inexcusable for having three years of development as MS's top priority.

You clearly don't play multi-player.  Best implementation of online multiplayer FPS gaming ever.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 03:49:59 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on July 12, 2007, 03:46:49 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 12, 2007, 02:57:06 PM

Halo 2 was by no means a bad game but I didn't think it was as good as Halo 1 and the quality overall was inexcusable for having three years of development as MS's top priority.

You clearly don't play multi-player.  Best implementation of online multiplayer FPS gaming ever.

Yep- only talking single player. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:54:06 PM »

I'd tend to agree.

Halo 3 beta shows that they've taken it to the next level. Humiliating some gamer named Villain and THEN sending him the footage would just be too sweet.

It's too bad that will never happen though. frown

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 12, 2007, 03:49:59 PM

I would agree that the sp < mp, but H2 was still better than any other console FPS out there (at the time)... I'd say TimeSplitters 2 would be my second choice.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 12, 2007, 03:55:14 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 12, 2007, 03:49:59 PM

I would agree that the sp < mp, but H2 was still better than any other console FPS out there.

I'd have to think about it but I would say that Halo 2 is nowhere near the top of console FPS for me.  Offhand, I liked Resistance a helluva lot more than Halo 2 single player and certainly Halo 1 single player was also better for me.  Riddick was much, much better too but I have to say that with the caveat that I've spent the most time with the PC version of that one. 
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 12, 2007, 03:54:06 PM

Halo 3 beta shows that they've taken it to the next level. Humiliating some gamer named Villain and THEN sending him the footage would just be too sweet.

It's too bad that will never happen though. frown

At least you're realistic!

Fortunately, you can just blame it on the lag between the Federated Provinces of Canadia and the great Pacific Northwest.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »

I read an article recently which said that without Halo the Xbox 360 wouldn't exist.  I would argue that without Halo console FPS's wouldn't be close to what they are today.  They would still exist, much like there are a few console RTS's out there.  But they would be a niche genre on consoles, like RTS's are now. The Xbox 360 is built on a foundation of FPS games.  If you don't like online FPS's then I can understand why you would think Halo 2 was mediocre.  But there has never been a better implemented console based online FPS.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 04:32:25 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on July 12, 2007, 04:25:16 PM

I read an article recently which said that without Halo the Xbox 360 wouldn't exist.  I would argue that without Halo console FPS's wouldn't be close to what they are today.  They would still exist, much like there are a few console RTS's out there.  But they would be a niche genre on consoles, like RTS's are now. The Xbox 360 is built on a foundation of FPS games.  If you don't like online FPS's then I can understand why you would think Halo 2 was mediocre.  But there has never been a better implemented console based online FPS.

I agree with almost all of that but I would argue that by turning it around to online FPS you are selling short the single player aspect of Halo 1(which was huge; the *books* are NYT bestsellers for chrissakes).  Halo 1 wasn't even online outside of some wacky work arounds a few people did.  Hell, although the trailer itself was poorly edited, the big unveiling at MS's press conference this year was the debut of Halo 3 single player footage. 
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 12, 2007, 04:32:25 PM

I agree with almost all of that but I would argue that by turning it around to online FPS you are selling short the single player aspect of Halo 1(which was huge; the *books* are NYT bestsellers for chrissakes).  Halo 1 wasn't even online outside of some wacky work arounds a few people did.  Hell, although the trailer itself was poorly edited, the big unveiling at MS's press conference this year was the debut of Halo 3 single player footage. 

Good points.  I would say that Halo made single player FPS's viable.  Halo 2 made online FPS's (and in turn Xbox Live) viable.  I think they are really pushing the online community aspects with Halo 3's replay sharing and what looks to be much enhanced clan support.  We'll see if it works.   I do hope the single player is great.  But I still don't think it will be the primary focus.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 12, 2007, 04:32:25 PM

Really wasn't much. Microsoft really didn't do much at the conference IMO. Still thought this trailer was cool though.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: