http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 03:35:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 13499 times)
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »

I just wanted to pop in here really quick and say that our team is killing it on content for E3. We've got numerous people, running around the show floor, grabbing screens and playing games (which we'll have write-ups for in the coming days), Skyler's been doing his own brand of gonzo video game journalism covering the E3 nightlife, and the homefront has been busy posting up videos, editorials, and other info from around the show floor. I'm so proud of this team and with what they've been able to do without the resources of big sites like IGN or Polygon. Please, if you haven't, check the front page, and browse through all the content. We'll have impressions of Ryse, Killer Is Dead, Witcher 3, and many more in the coming days, as well as a reaction podcast that's already been posted that, I think, is actually rather compelling. Thanks so much for being fans of our site, commenting, posting, and keeping the conversation going. You guys rock just as much as we do.

Here's to a great year for Gaming Trend. I want this momentum to carry forward.

PS -- I got to meet Suda51 tonight. He's a super cool dude. biggrin
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:04:15 PM by davidrobots » Logged

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 12, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 11, 2013, 10:28:31 PM

Don't know if anyone else besides me realizes this, but Titanfall is the gameplay successor to SHOGO: M.A.D. must be why I want it so much despite being just another online shooter.

Have they said this, or are you saying it's that way for you?

I loved SHOGO, but Tit'n'fall is missing the fun anime style and IIRC the robots still felt a little clunkier than the humans.  Maybe it was just the jumping.

But if they're referencing SHOGO, my interest is up a bit more.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 12, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »

Has anyone seen the entire Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo press events posted online anywhere? I missed the Sony and Nintendo presentations and I really want to see them in full unedited form. Will GT post them eventually?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 12, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on June 12, 2013, 05:36:40 PM

Has anyone seen the entire Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo press events posted online anywhere? I missed the Sony and Nintendo presentations and I really want to see them in full unedited form. Will GT post them eventually?

I saw them all listed on IGN.  the official E3 site has a link to Gamespot.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 12, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »

Awesome! Thanks!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 13, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 13, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »

icon_lol

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1207 on: June 13, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

Either there are fewer games getting coverage at E3 this year....or I'm just really bored of what I'm reading (on various sites). 

Just read a horrible story on Joystiq, talking about Disgaea D2 (I'm interested in said game), that literally had one sentence of real information buried among five paragraphs of fluff.   So damn bored this E3.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 13, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on June 13, 2013, 10:22:25 PM

Either there are fewer games getting coverage at E3 this year....or I'm just really bored of what I'm reading (on various sites). 

Just read a horrible story on Joystiq, talking about Disgaea D2 (I'm interested in said game), that literally had one sentence of real information buried among five paragraphs of fluff.   So damn bored this E3.

Sony kicked Microshaft's ass.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1209 on: June 14, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »

Yeah, but outside of that...I haven't seen anything compelling.  Sure, there are some games I'm interested in, but nothing blew me away after reading articles and watching trailers.

davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1210 on: June 14, 2013, 02:04:10 AM »

Quote from: Zarkon on June 13, 2013, 10:22:25 PM

Hey, one of our writers got a hands on with it, and will have an article up shortly. Stay tuned. smile

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 14, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »

Out of the 20-30 games that I played at the show, Ryse: Son of Rome impressed me the most. Bear in mind, some games were not in playable form, like Destiny and Titanfall, so it's hard for me to say whether or not I would have been more impressed by those.

Also, Ryse is a AAA game that offers a cinematic experience - again, if that's not your cup of tea and you're looking for something more quirky and creative, you might not enjoy it like I did.

Dying Light surprised me, I didn't have high expectations going into it but... it's basically Mirror's Edge with Zombies! Seriously, parkour style action-adventure in a open world infested in Zombies ala Walking Dead. It was very interesting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:06:13 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 02, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »

here is a list of the winners of E3 2013

Titanfall cleans up with 6 awards
agree?

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Best of Show
Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Best Original Game
Titanfall

(Respawn/EA for PC, XBox 360, Xbox One)

Best Console Game
Titanfall

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
Tearaway

(Media Molecule/SCEA for PSVita)

Best PC Game
Titanfall

Best Hardware/Peripheral
Oculus Rift

(Oculus VR)

Best Action Game
Titanfall

Best Action/Adventure Game
Watch Dogs

(Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii-U)

Best Role Playing Game
The Elder Scrolls Online

(Zenimax Online/Bethesda Softworks for PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Best Racing Game
Need for Speed: Rivals

(Ghost Games/EA for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Best Sports Game
NHL 14

(EA Canada/EA Sports for PS3, Xbox 360)

Best Strategy Game
Total War: Rome II

(Creative Assembly/Sega for PC)

Best Social/Casual Game
Fantasia: Music Evolved

(Harmonix/Disney Interactive for Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Best Online Multiplayer
Titanfall

Best Downloadable Game
Transistor

(Supergiant Games for PC, PS4)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 02, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »

no The Division?

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »

Yeah, thats a rather silly list - I really don't get what so special about Titanfall. I'm much more interested in The Division.

A new one
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: July 02, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »

I originally scoffed at the notion of Titanfall running away with the awards.    Then I finally watched the trailer and now I'm not scoffing anymore.    It looks fantastic.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 02, 2013, 06:46:41 PM »

It seems strange that Respawn is releasing a version of Titanfall for the 360 too.  I don't remember a developer ever doing that during a new console generation launch.  They normally go all in with the new generation of consoles.  I'm sure they know there will be side by side comparisons between XB1 and 360 versions.  I would think they would want the difference to be huge, to encourage more XB1 sales, and to validate new XB1 purchases, but at the same time they don't want to make a crappy 360 port.        
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1217 on: July 02, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

I think the big difference is that neither Sony nor MS are retiring their current-gen hardware anytime soon. They kind of don't have a choice - the investment in all the DLC, downloaded games etc. not working on their next platform would put them in a ... well, Microsoft's DRM position.

EA is willing to make games for TI calculators, if it's going to make them money.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1218 on: July 02, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on July 02, 2013, 06:46:41 PM

It seems strange that Respawn is releasing a version of Titanfall for the 360 too.  I don't remember a developer ever doing that during a new console generation launch.  They normally go all in with the new generation of consoles.  I'm sure they know there will be side by side comparisons between XB1 and 360 versions.  I would think they would want the difference to be huge, to encourage more XB1 sales, and to validate new XB1 purchases, but at the same time they don't want to make a crappy 360 port.        

Look at Gun though. It got an OG Xbox and an Xbox 360 version.  There are some companies willing to do it.   We are also seeing it for ACIV. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 02, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »

Nintendo did it with Twilight Princess.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 03, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »

Quote from: JCC on July 02, 2013, 11:30:17 PM

It seems strange that Respawn is releasing a version of Titanfall for the 360 too.  I don't remember a developer ever doing that during a new console generation launch.  They normally go all in with the new generation of consoles.  I'm sure they know there will be side by side comparisons between XB1 and 360 versions.  I would think they would want the difference to be huge, to encourage more XB1 sales, and to validate new XB1 purchases, but at the same time they don't want to make a crappy 360 port.       

It seemed to me that Nintendo did it for just about everything...  It seems that the only thing that ever came out on the Wii were GC ports, at lease initially.  Man, I do t miss the days of that being the only console I owned...

Wake up.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 03, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on July 02, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

I originally scoffed at the notion of Titanfall running away with the awards.    Then I finally watched the trailer and now I'm not scoffing anymore.    It looks fantastic.

I wasn't impressed with Titanfall, half way through the video during E3 I got bored because the gameplay looked repetitive. I'm hoping that more elaborate maps and different game modes will alleviate that. Otherwise, it just looked like your typical multiplayer shooter as far as gameplay goes. I do like the wall running, though.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 04, 2013, 02:14:46 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 03, 2013, 06:05:54 PM

Quote from: JCC on July 02, 2013, 11:30:17 PM

It seems strange that Respawn is releasing a version of Titanfall for the 360 too.  I don't remember a developer ever doing that during a new console generation launch.  They normally go all in with the new generation of consoles.  I'm sure they know there will be side by side comparisons between XB1 and 360 versions.  I would think they would want the difference to be huge, to encourage more XB1 sales, and to validate new XB1 purchases, but at the same time they don't want to make a crappy 360 port.       

It seemed to me that Nintendo did it for just about everything...  It seems that the only thing that ever came out on the Wii were GC ports, at lease initially.  Man, I do t miss the days of that being the only console I owned...

I own the Wii, PS3, and the 360 and I loved the GameCube more than all of them combined...

Though the ps3 is a great media machine....

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: