http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 09:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 2009 is upon us  (Read 24119 times)
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 02, 2009, 09:10:52 PM »

"You're playing.... RPG game.  You select... fireball spell."
 icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 02, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »

I'm just really glad to see that Alan Wake didn't disappear into the ether. I was really looking forward to the title, and then it disappeared for quite some time. I was seriously thinking that it would be canceled or turn into vaporware. Instead it looks like it may be a spectacular title, one that is shaping up to be better than I had hoped.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 02, 2009, 09:14:55 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 02, 2009, 09:06:38 PM

Has Sony said whether they plan to keep putting PSP games on UMD in addition to download?

Yes.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 02, 2009, 09:18:04 PM »

Quote from: kathode on June 02, 2009, 09:10:52 PM

"You're playing.... RPG game.  You select... fireball spell."
 icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

priceless!!  icon_biggrin

clearly, the engineer wasnt that big on being on the big stage - but his trained assistent did pretty well. Although, I kept waiting for them to pull out a lightsaber

A new one
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 02, 2009, 09:31:59 PM »

Major Nelson just tweeted - Perfect Dark XBLA 1080p coming this winter.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 02, 2009, 09:31:59 PM

Major Nelson just tweeted - Perfect Dark XBLA 1080p coming this winter.

Not surprising, but nice.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 02, 2009, 09:54:16 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 02, 2009, 09:02:34 PM

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

How does the camera not make any sense without a controller? You move your body, stuff happens.

Because you can't account for the full range of all possible actions with just body movement.  Especially overly repetive movements like pulling a trigger.  Or, if you do, then gamers will be exhausted.  Works fine for Wii Sports and the like but if you want to bring motion control into more conventional play experiences then some form of buttons will still be a must.

Hell just camera control would be a bear.  Or body movement- how do you move forward in a first person or third person action game.  Walk in place?  Gimme a break. 

I agree about the gun. I don't want to point at the screen and make the motion of pulling the trigger, or worse make noises. I disagree that gamers will get exhausted though. It's ok to have gamers stand and move around, but curling our finger is going to be so demanding that nobody does it? But if we had a controller to hold, we could stand, twist, move, shake, shout, and curl our finger around a plastic trigger for hours on end!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should never need a controller again. And I certainly don't want to give up the comfort of sitting on the couch and saving the world by doing nothing more than moving my thumbs and a couple other fingers. I'm not even saying that some type of controller wouldn't make this thing better. A light gun makes perfect sense for this thing, and maybe even a joystick type controller like the nunchuk. But in the end, who knows? Different control schemes are going to work for different games. Maybe in one game they will have you "touch the screen" and you move to that location. Maybe in another you lean forward slightly to move. I think it's silly to discount this thing without even giving it a chance.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: June 02, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »

Remember how Fat Princess was on the PSP reel?  It's an actual game, Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 02, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2009, 09:54:16 PM

I think it's silly to discount this thing without even giving it a chance.

My point about exhaustion is that if I have to make some outlandish gesture to account for every single button press in a normal game then it will get tiring and/or repetitive.  Would you want to play Mario Galaxy where you have to pretend to jump every time Mario jumps?  Leaning forward to move sounds great but I don't want to be forced to playing that way for a three hour play session.  Not having a controller would make gaming more restrictive than the Wii.  

I'm not discounting it.  I'm just saying that for it to be more than a novelty then some kind of controller will be necessary in order to have a diverse lineup of games.  It may be that MS goes the Wii route and leaves it up to the game manufacturers to manufacture the peripherals they need or they may introduce something similar to the Wiimote or nunchuck.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:07 PM »

The thing to remember is that I doubt that they're going to take this camera thing and make it an optional control scheme in every standard game that comes out.  More likely they'll make it a mandatory control scheme in games that are built specifically for it.  More along the lines of that Milo thing than Mario.  The people making the games aren't dumb enough to force you to do crazy stuff like jumping or running in place to control Mario.

Of course, this probably means that these two things are going to go down as prototypes and fade into obscurity like the EyeToy did.  The only way you get these types of new control schemes used (usually) is to package them with every system, like the Wii did. 

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on June 02, 2009, 10:13:07 PM

Of course, this probably means that these two things are going to go down as prototypes and fade into obscurity like the EyeToy did.  The only way you get these types of new control schemes used (usually) is to package them with every system, like the Wii did. 

Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't wait until next gen.  I'll be very interested in the price- the 360 may be $200 but with a $50 or more add-on, they will at best match the price of Wii without nearly the casual lineup.  Hard to see how MS competes in that space especially without the Nintendo first party juggernauts. 
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

On the Nintendo RPG front -
Golden Sun DS is coming in 2010 and will be a sequel featuring the descendants of the first two games' characters
Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story - Fall 2009
Glory of Heracles - a DS RPG coming in 2010
Monado : Beginning of the World - RPG for Wii from MonolithSoft - trailer here -

Also, Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box comes out August 24 and there's a trailer here.

There's also a thread at NeoGAF with shots from these and other Nintendo games.

New Final Fantasy XIII trailer (with lots of English voice acting) here - I love Lightning's voice.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:44:47 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 02, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2009, 08:57:43 PM

Quote from: JCC on June 02, 2009, 08:50:44 PM

I give E3 a big meh all around. MS didn't show any games that I didn't know about that I am interested in. Their camera thing doesn't make any sense to me without some sort of controller to go with it and without a price or release date remains vapor at this point.

How does the camera not make any sense without a controller? You move your body, stuff happens.

Thanks to Kevin for explaining what I meant for me. I am not saying the tech wasn't neat, but I don't get how it works in a game other than the Wii Fit type stuff. And as I said, I don't know how much this thing will cost or when it will be out, so my enthusiasm is pretty low at this point. When I know these how much these things things cost and have an idea what actual games will use it and how, I will get more (or less) enthused about it.

I think both Sony and MS don't really get why Nintendo is beating their brains in. The motion control of Wii Sports was a big selling point, but I don't think that means MS and Sony should try to "out motion" the Wii. The idea of a more precise wand tracking/recognition Sony had makes some sense. But, I still think the Wii crushes the other two due to PRICE PRICE PRICE and simplicity (one SKU). It's much easier for parents to buy a Wii than figure out what PS3/360 model to buy and to pony up the extra dough.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:46:22 PM by JCC » Logged

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:52 PM »

On another note, you know what I wish Sony would announce? A $200 PS2 that upscales games to 1080p plus includes an internet updateable Blu-Ray player that is equal to the PS3's. I would buy that RIGHT NOW~!. Those are the two main features I want a PS3 for, and Sony has removed one of those features from the PS3...

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:38 PM »

Quote from: JCC on June 02, 2009, 10:43:03 PM

But, I still think the Wii crushes the other two due to PRICE PRICE PRICE and simplicity (one SKU). It's much easier for parents to buy a Wii than figure out what PS3/360 model to buy and to pony up the extra dough.

Absolutely true.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »

You know, I just realized that this year's show should be called "E3 2009: Coming in 2010".  Seems like 90% of the tiles shown at the press conferences aren't coming out until sometime next year.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 02, 2009, 10:03:00 PM

My point about exhaustion is that if I have to make some outlandish gesture to account for every single button press in a normal game then it will get tiring and/or repetitive.  Would you want to play Mario Galaxy where you have to pretend to jump every time Mario jumps?  Leaning forward to move sounds great but I don't want to be forced to playing that way for a three hour play session.  Not having a controller would make gaming more restrictive than the Wii.  

I'm not discounting it.  I'm just saying that for it to be more than a novelty then some kind of controller will be necessary in order to have a diverse lineup of games.  It may be that MS goes the Wii route and leaves it up to the game manufacturers to manufacture the peripherals they need or they may introduce something similar to the Wiimote or nunchuck.

Didn't everybody complain after the Wii was first shown about exhaustion and how they didn't want to sit there and have to flail their arms through the air to play a game?

Regardless, I agree with most of your points.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2009, 11:33:53 PM »

just watched the mgs: peace walker video - &, yes, kojima did pretty much make the whole e3 thing worthwhile for me...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 02, 2009, 10:59:38 PM

But, I still think the Wii crushes the other two due to PRICE PRICE PRICE and simplicity (one SKU). It's much easier for parents to buy a Wii than figure out what PS3/360 model to buy and to pony up the extra dough.

Absolutely true.

Again, I'll have to disagree. Price is important, but at the same time the 360 could be $100 and you're not going to get the numbers the Wii has. My mom couldn't even play Ticket to Ride using the 360 controller, and yet she's owned a Wii since the first christmas they were on the market! She didn't want the Wii because it was "cheap". She wanted it because it was fun to play, and most of that is due to the motion controller. It makes sense to her, and millions of other people who don't know what to do when you shove a traditional controller in their hand. Price comes into play for these people because they don't have to save up for a year just to get it. That is very important. But if the Wii wasn't fun and accessible to this brand new target audience, price doesn't ever come into play.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2009, 11:46:04 PM »

The show feels weird. It's still not nearly the monster of a show it was before it was scaled down. Not very flashy, not very loud, and not very packed. Disappointed with the show in that regard.

However I admit I'm spending much more time in the Sony booth than I expected. PS3 owners have an excellent lineup to look forward to, especially in the way of exclusives.

Oh and if we have any Marvel Ultimate Alliance fans here, be prepared to get blown away by the sequel!

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2009, 11:27:37 PM

Didn't everybody complain after the Wii was first shown about exhaustion and how they didn't want to sit there and have to flail their arms through the air to play a game?

Right but I think the key thing is that the Wii control set was robust enough not to need waggle in everything.  Two of Nintendo's biggest titles this generation play perfectly with a Gamecube controller (SSMB Brawl and MK).  While it took developers some time to figure things out, I think Nintendo's own first party lineup along with games like RE4: Wii show that the Wii controls work best when they complement a controller rather than replace it.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 03, 2009, 12:14:12 AM »

I agree that the price is not that important, as long as it's low enough that people who want one will buy it.  The XBox360 is now $50 cheaper than the Wii, but there hasn't been a huge increase in sales.  A lot of people want the Wii, and it's cheap enough to afford, so they buy it.  That level of demand just isn't there for the 360 or PS3, regardless of price.

Also, did the whole "big MS announcement after Sony's press conference" thing just turn out to be a false rumor?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:24:23 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 03, 2009, 12:28:14 AM »

Or body movement- how do you move forward in a first person or third person action game.  Walk in place?  Gimme a break.

I was reading an article by a guy at E3 that actually got to demo the Natal with a racing game. They used a simple scheme where putting his foot forward accelerated and shifting it back braked. He said it worked very well and was a lot of fun. You could apply the same thing to a first person shooter.

If the technology is there, developers will figure out a way to utilize it and make it fun. There was a time when people said pretending to play music on a guitar shaped controller was a stupid idea. Or putting a touch screen on a portable gaming system. Why stifle innovation in our favorite industry before even giving it a chance? We're living in exciting times. It's kind of frustrating to see all the negativity when for the first time in decades we're seeing real creativity and innovation applied to video gaming to make it more immersive.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 03, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 03, 2009, 12:14:12 AM

Also, did the whole "big MS announcement after Sony's press conference" thing just turn out to be a false rumor?

The announcement wound up being confirmation that Perfect Dark was getting an XBLA release this summer.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:17 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 03, 2009, 12:28:14 AM

Or body movement- how do you move forward in a first person or third person action game.  Walk in place?  Gimme a break.

I was reading an article by a guy at E3 that actually got to demo the Natal with a racing game. They used a simple scheme where putting his foot forward accelerated and shifting it back braked. He said it worked very well and was a lot of fun. You could apply the same thing to a first person shooter.

If the technology is there, developers will figure out a way to utilize it and make it fun. There was a time when people said pretending to play music on a guitar shaped controller was a stupid idea. Or putting a touch screen on a portable gaming system. Why stifle innovation in our favorite industry before even giving it a chance? We're living in exciting times. It's kind of frustrating to see all the negativity when for the first time in decades we're seeing real creativity and innovation applied to video gaming to make it more immersive.

It's creative, and fun in short bursts, but not practical.

Imagine trying to hold your foot up for an entire race, or keep your arms out holding an imaginary steering wheel.  Modern devices and interfaces have a lot of elements that allow for both humans to rest their limbs as they work the interface, or to deal with the plethora of human errors, and lastly to provide feedback.  One of the big reasons why the current motion controls don't work is the lack of feedback.  Tilt a controller to turn sounds great, but then how far do you tilt the controller to turn a very specific way?  How do you tell if you've tilted too far?

Natal was shown under the absolute best circumstances, the same for the Sony motion controllers, but honestly both of them have drawbacks.  The main thing I'm interested in both controllers is for the things like the very accurate and spatial pointers for the PS3, and the gesture navigation for the 360.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 03, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 02, 2009, 08:33:34 PM

Hey guys, check out the new Metroid game from Tean Ninja, now that one makes up for a lot of stuff.

is it going to be so hard it will kill your friend sitting next to you?  if it isn't it's not a true Team Ninja game  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: June 03, 2009, 12:55:12 AM »

And people STILL don't wanna have to do that. Look at all the Wii Fit's that are used on ebay right now. The Wii Sports stuff, although decently done, is a short term type of gameplay experience. I know when we bowl here at the house, or play golf or tennis, its a game or two and we're done.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: June 03, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on June 03, 2009, 12:31:41 AM

Quote from: EddieA on June 03, 2009, 12:14:12 AM

The announcement wound up being confirmation that Perfect Dark was getting an XBLA release this summer.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................uh, wait a second, THAT is the big MS announcement? Pssh, big damn deal, we all knew that has been coming for weeks.

ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 03, 2009, 01:29:24 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on June 02, 2009, 11:46:04 PM

The show feels weird. It's still not nearly the monster of a show it was before it was scaled down. Not very flashy, not very loud, and not very packed. Disappointed with the show in that regard.

However I admit I'm spending much more time in the Sony booth than I expected. PS3 owners have an excellent lineup to look forward to, especially in the way of exclusives.

Oh and if we have any Marvel Ultimate Alliance fans here, be prepared to get blown away by the sequel!

Another Marvel Ultimate Alliance OMG Moment here.  Looks awesome smile

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:30 AM »

MUA, Bloodbowl and Modern Combat 2 are my anticipated games of the year.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 03, 2009, 01:45:32 AM »

To be clear- I'm not arguing against motion controls.  I think the Wii has proved them more than viable and I think it was inevitable that Sony and MS would follow suit.  I'm just saying that Natal needs some kind of controller to complement the motion control if it is to be anything more than a narrow gimmick. 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 03, 2009, 03:48:02 AM »

Quote from: jblank on June 03, 2009, 12:55:12 AM

And people STILL don't wanna have to do that. Look at all the Wii Fit's that are used on ebay right now. The Wii Sports stuff, although decently done, is a short term type of gameplay experience. I know when we bowl here at the house, or play golf or tennis, its a game or two and we're done.

Wait a minute.  Your argument is that Wii Fit isn't doing well?

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2009, 11:39:14 PM

Absolutely true.

Again, I'll have to disagree. Price is important, but at the same time the 360 could be $100 and you're not going to get the numbers the Wii has. My mom couldn't even play Ticket to Ride using the 360 controller, and yet she's owned a Wii since the first christmas they were on the market! She didn't want the Wii because it was "cheap". She wanted it because it was fun to play, and most of that is due to the motion controller. It makes sense to her, and millions of other people who don't know what to do when you shove a traditional controller in their hand. Price comes into play for these people because they don't have to save up for a year just to get it. That is very important. But if the Wii wasn't fun and accessible to this brand new target audience, price doesn't ever come into play.

The Wii is fun to play because people get it right away, which will happen with the other two controllers in a perfect world, too.  What'll help keep the Wii stomping them, though, is price.  Tied into the price is the fact that their install base is already huge and folks won't have to buy extra gizmos to make it work (my wife has already balked at that prospect). 

Microsoft and Sony have a tough road ahead of them in the "me, too, but better" game.  The people who might be interested in getting all the extra stuff (which, while it might actually be easier to use, will be seen as more complicated gadgetry by the people already scared of too many buttons) will be the hardcore gamer, but this stuff is designed to bring in the casual gamer, but the casual gamer doesn't care about nuance and will think they can already get all that stuff on their Wii, so why would they spend some ungodly amount to do it again?

biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: June 03, 2009, 04:23:57 AM »

Microsoft and Sony have a tough road ahead of them in the "me, too, but better" game.  The people who might be interested in getting all the extra stuff (which, while it might actually be easier to use, will be seen as more complicated gadgetry by the people already scared of too many buttons) will be the hardcore gamer, but this stuff is designed to bring in the casual gamer, but the casual gamer doesn't care about nuance and will think they can already get all that stuff on their Wii, so why would they spend some ungodly amount to do it again?

Maybe people who wants Wii like experience plus Blu-ray player / Media Player all in one.
or people who doesn't have Wii?
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2009, 04:26:21 AM »

Quote from: Koz on June 02, 2009, 08:28:42 PM

Yeah it makes no sense to have a price drop now, but I fully expect one towards the end of the year.

no, it makes every bit of sense to do a price drop now. Have you seen the NPD charts? Have you seen the NPD charts for their "system moving games"? Yeah, the games aren't moving systems. So what if you just showcased a bunch of games? They don't do anything for sony. What would be smart is 50 now and 50 later or 75/50. They need to get competitive and the games alone are not and will not carry the system. Their only game that would have ever moved systems was FF13 and look at that now. Dell sold out of ps3 at 300 like no other during their last sale. It's quite obvious what consumers are demanding. Unfortunately sony reminds ever arrogant in that regard and totally annoying what any dipshit can see on paper. Cause it literally is on paper.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2009, 05:07:56 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on June 03, 2009, 04:26:21 AM

Quote from: Koz on June 02, 2009, 08:28:42 PM

Yeah it makes no sense to have a price drop now, but I fully expect one towards the end of the year.

no, it makes every bit of sense to do a price drop now. Have you seen the NPD charts? Have you seen the NPD charts for their "system moving games"? Yeah, the games aren't moving systems. So what if you just showcased a bunch of games? They don't do anything for sony. What would be smart is 50 now and 50 later or 75/50. They need to get competitive and the games alone are not and will not carry the system. Their only game that would have ever moved systems was FF13 and look at that now. Dell sold out of ps3 at 300 like no other during their last sale. It's quite obvious what consumers are demanding. Unfortunately sony reminds ever arrogant in that regard and totally annoying what any dipshit can see on paper. Cause it literally is on paper.

Can this "arrogance" stuff stop?  It's not arrogance stopping Sony from dropping the price, it's financials.  They are losing money- not just the games division but Sony as a whole.  They can't afford to sell at much of a loss right now (or much *more* of a loss).  No one can in this recession.  It may have been arrogance on Sony five years ago when they committed to a hardware design that was way too expensive but right now they are just playing the hand they have.

Seriously, you don't think Sony would love to drop the price if they could afford it?  Of course they would.  But they just can't do it.  Yes, it will hurt them dearly but that's just how it is. 
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »

I'm hoping we will still see a price drop in the next couple of months.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 03, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »

Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game for the Wii, and it's slated for 2010.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 03, 2009, 11:58:48 AM

Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game for the Wii, and it's slated for 2010.

He actually said 2010 at the earliest.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: June 03, 2009, 12:34:28 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 03, 2009, 03:48:02 AM

Quote from: jblank on June 03, 2009, 12:55:12 AM

Wait a minute.  Your argument is that Wii Fit isn't doing well?

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2009, 11:39:14 PM

Absolutely true.

The Wii is fun to play because people get it right away, which will happen with the other two controllers in a perfect world, too.  What'll help keep the Wii stomping them, though, is price.  Tied into the price is the fact that their install base is already huge and folks won't have to buy extra gizmos to make it work (my wife has already balked at that prospect). 

No, I'm arguing that unorthodoxly controlled games on the Wii, a la Wii Fit, are gimmicky purchases, that people play for a bit, then sit in the corner, until putting them on ebay.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2009, 12:35:39 PM »

Would be interesting if there was a survey that showed how many people actually played on their Wii after having it for 6 months.

A friend borrowed mine for a party, and returned it 3 weeks ago. Its still in the plastic bag he delivered it to me in...

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: