http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 02:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 2005 booth models  (Read 261 times)
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:50:13 AM »

I deliberately called them booth models. It's up to you to decide if they are babes or not.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 05:01:04 AM »

Im sorry, this is all so sad. It does nothing but reinforce the gamer's are geeks stereotype that everyone thinks is true. I mean, how pathetic. Reasonably attractive women hawking games? Who gives a fuck? Would you buy literature from a couple women dressed like hos? Anyways, I just have always done my best to stay far far away from the gamer stereotype-because I think its needlessly mean and demeaning-and I think us going crazy over these "babes" is just playing right into it.

To clarify-the above post is not in any way shape or form meant to be an attack on the original poster, just what I think about this.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 05:01:56 AM »

I'm in the same camp as you Rage...but I also know the gang will probably have babe shots going up tonight.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 05:10:00 AM »

I would have added all of that, but I figured it was self evident. Of course, it's stupid to hire models for E3 exhibitions, but it's just as stupid to use models to sell 99% of the crap you see in tv commercials.

If you want to freak out over the media using sex to sell products, then you're more than welcome to rant, but it won't stop it from happening.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 05:17:30 AM »

Quote from: "Raven"
I would have added all of that, but I figured it was self evident. Of course, it's stupid to hire models for E3 exhibitions, but it's just as stupid to use models to sell 99% of the crap you see in tv commercials.

If you want to freak out over the media using sex to sell products, then you're more than welcome to rant, but it won't stop it from happening.

NOooonooonooo my man. NO. This is not "sex sells". This is "gamers are such pathetic fucknig losers that the mere sight of chicks will make them salivate with such ferocity that they will be blind to the stupidity of half of the games on display". There is a crucial, albeit admittedly tenous, difference here. Sex sells-sure, I have no real issue with megahotties selling me beer on TV. Thats somewhat a statement on the ultimate interest of every male on the planet, rather than something specific.

I think if you really think about it, the E3 booth babe thing is the "sex sells" targeted to reach an audience that those doing the marketing think are just pathetic. Perhaps some gamers are-I know I break about every gamer stereotype there is, but I'll be damned if I sit quietly while those true "geeks" are debased by EVERY SINGLE company at E3, rather than the occasional commercial on TV that targets all men.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 06:10:32 AM »

We'll be uploading babe shots, yes...but here is the thing -
Some of these same babes (6 of them to be exact) we talked with at length and had lunch with.  Just one of the ways that prove you don't have to be a mouthbreather to enjoy good looking women.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 06:17:12 AM »

I'm actually more interested in what you guys talked about than pictures of them.

I can find pictures of good looking women all over the place, gimme a smart one and she's a keeper.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 07:25:09 AM »

We talked about Muppets- specifically, Fraggle Rock and The Muppet Show.  One of them admitted her childhood desire to be Janice, the bass player from the Electric Mayhem.

Other than that we talked about the shitty power outtage situation.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: