http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 04:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 '07 Coverage: Microsoft Press Event  (Read 4330 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2007, 04:12:43 PM »

Quote from: Laner on July 11, 2007, 04:01:33 PM

I'm not sure what people were expecting... we're heading into the third Christmas shopping season for the 360 - it's time for them to settle into a groove and crank out the AAA games - which is what they showed in the keynote.

They have a great lineup.  However I thought their presentation of that lineup was awful.  I don't think I'm more excited now than I was before on a single game that they showed. 
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2007, 04:13:02 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 11, 2007, 07:07:33 AM

I'm not thinking that.  Even a U3 engine game, if it was dealing with environments as large as Halo's and without load times it'd probably look the same on the 360.  Remember that Gears of War, and even UT3 are still basically corridor shooters, and all the UT3 screenshots are mainly on high end PCs with hardware better than the 360.

That doesn't mean UE3 can't do bigger areas. Brothers in Arms won't be just corridor stuff, And the new Call of Duty won't either. Its just not that impressive visually considering its MS flagship title from their best developer.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »

Quote from: depward
Looking forward to the other press events - Microsoft's was a giant "meh"

I didn't see Microsoft's press conference when it aired, but I doubt it could be as bad as the start of Nintendo's conference today.  I've just listened to Reggie Fils-Amie spend the last fifteen minutes talking about how sales paradigms are shifting between different target age demographics to expand the zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Now there's a video montage of people acting really, really stupid.  I don't mean flailing around with their Wiimotes...I mean dressing up like Nintendo characters and making obnoxious noises.  There's a pause at the end of the video for applause, but its filled instead with deafening silence.

I really like my Wii, but ugh!

-Autistic Angel
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »

The thing that's weirdest so far is that there's no sound with their game footage.  It's like I'm deaf - except with Reggie Fils-Aime piped directly into my auditory nerve.

Like the MSFT presentation, there's very little applause (so far, at least).  These guys are used to delivering lines and waiting for crowd noise, which is awkward.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2007, 04:26:56 PM »

you'd think they'd have watched MS last night and did some last minute re-tooling.  Since Sony is last I imagine they have the best chance at doing so.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 11, 2007, 04:26:56 PM

you'd think they'd have watched MS last night and did some last minute re-tooling.  Since Sony is last I imagine they have the best chance at doing so.

I speak from experience when I say "last minute re-tooling" is a very bad idea when you're about to do a major presentation. slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2007, 04:30:56 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on July 11, 2007, 04:28:22 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 11, 2007, 04:26:56 PM

I speak from experience when I say "last minute re-tooling" is a very bad idea when you're about to do a major presentation. slywink

heh, they should get people who have ran D&D games to do these-  there's nothing like having to retool a whole gaming session on the fly because the group gos off in a totally different direction in the first 5 minutes.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2007, 05:09:07 PM »

watched the mass effect trailer last night.  looks good and now we have a bad guy to go after. 

is VP: party animals just a 4-player party game or is there a sandbox mode to it?  i just traded for the first one with gratch, so finding out that a new version is coming is a little wierd.

surprised at how big the too human trailer is. 

have they put the re5 trailer up yet?  that sounds freaking cool.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2007, 05:19:10 PM »

MechAssault, Crimson Skies 2, Fable 2, new IPs that HAVEN'T had us already drooling... come on MSFT!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2007, 05:20:58 PM »

I just watched the COD4 trailer on my Xbox - holy crap.  Sign me up immediately.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »

Viva Pinata is just another party game like Mario Party.  Damn, and here I was hoping for a VP garden sim that two people could play at once, that'd be great for my two little cousins that love VP, but argue over who gets to play.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2007, 05:31:21 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 11, 2007, 05:19:10 PM

MechAssault, Crimson Skies 2, Fable 2, new IPs that HAVEN'T had us already drooling... come on MSFT!

Is there even any guarantee of the first two?  MechAssault 2 crashed and burned and Crimson Skies did well but didn't lite the sales charts on fire. 
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2007, 05:33:31 PM »

I stayed up to watch that last night, umm it was pretty underwhelming.  I mean some stuff looked nice but it all just looks so familiar, been there done that.  Am I really expected to getexcited that Golden Axe is available now?  

Basically I have been a little to involved in work this last year to buy a new console ( still like computer games best) but now I am looking to grab a new console or two and I am waiting to be blown away and find that must have game and system,  so far I haven't seen it, hopefully somebody will blow my mind this week with something.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on July 11, 2007, 05:14:53 AM

And a whopping 2 people on my friends list tonight, eager to grab the Arcade titles and the new vids on the marketplace!

LIVE IS ABLAZE!!!!

As opposed to the BIG FAT ZERO that are never on PSN except for when the three of us play games? Come on man, why the hate?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »

I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't heard any mention of Star Wars: Force Unleashed yet.  I had hoped that we'd at least see or hear something.  Granted, I'm pretty psyched about a number of the various titles discussed (Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, PGR4), but Force Unleashed is rather high on my must-have list even if only due to the limited amount I've read about it thus far.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2007, 03:47:14 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on July 11, 2007, 11:50:14 PM

I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't heard any mention of Star Wars: Force Unleashed yet.  I had hoped that we'd at least see or hear something.  Granted, I'm pretty psyched about a number of the various titles discussed (Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, PGR4), but Force Unleashed is rather high on my must-have list even if only due to the limited amount I've read about it thus far.

I'm guessing it's a Fall 2008 game at this point so look for it at the next E3 (or the next Star Wars Celebration).

Because I can,
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2007, 05:24:10 AM »

Or tomorrow, on Entertainment Tonight (?!).

http://kotaku.com/gaming/venue-change/force-unleashed-trailer-on-entertainment-tonight-277533.php
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2007, 03:00:10 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on July 12, 2007, 05:24:10 AM

crap, and I'm going to miss it since I won't be home until 8 or so.  Hopefully the segment will show up on youtube quickly.

Because I can,
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2007, 03:39:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 12, 2007, 03:00:10 PM

crap, and I'm going to miss it since I won't be home until 8 or so.  Hopefully the segment will show up on youtube quickly.

"Going to miss it"?  Dude, where's your TiVo?  Or crappy cable-company DVR?  Or your Vista Ultimate machine running Media Center with CableCards?!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2007, 03:58:09 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on July 12, 2007, 03:39:06 PM

"Going to miss it"?  Dude, where's your TiVo?  Or crappy cable-company DVR?  Or your Vista Ultimate machine running Media Center with CableCards?!

They won't do me much good considering I just found out about it and won't be home until after it's already aired.  Too bad I didn't train the dogs to answer the phone and program the DVR  icon_frown

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2007, 04:09:35 AM »

so, did anyone catch the Force Unleashed bit on ET tonight?

Because I can,
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2007, 04:25:14 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 12, 2007, 03:58:09 PM

Quote from: Brendan on July 12, 2007, 03:39:06 PM

They won't do me much good considering I just found out about it and won't be home until after it's already aired.  Too bad I didn't train the dogs to answer the phone and program the DVR  icon_frown

TiVo = online scheduling FTW.

gellar
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: