http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 12:41:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumped Gamerang for Gamefly and could not be happier!  (Read 817 times)
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2006, 07:19:16 AM »

Gamerang's turnaround has become slower and slower and slower.  

A couple of weeks ago I sent back both games I had out.  Gamerang showed that both replacement games in my queue were available to send.  So good, so far.  It took 8 days to get the first game in my hand from the time I sent back the old ones and after 2 *weeks* of waiting for the ship notice on the second game, I closed out my membership.  Enough.

On the other hand, I started with Gamefly on a Monday and had BOTH games in my hands by Friday of THAT week.  HUGE difference.

...and it's the same price for both services.
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:21:01 AM »

I think gamefly also gets slower and slower the longer you stay with them.

Of course, you can always switch back when gamefly gets slow, then switch again when gamerang gets slow again.
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:24:15 AM »

I'll dump them too if it works like that.

Gamerang's service just sux though.  I never got an email ship notice when they shipped something.  I immediately got that with Gamefly.

Gamefly's service and system seems more polished like Netflix.  With Gamerang, I feel like I'm dealing with Brand X.

Quote from: "Turtle"
I think gamefly also gets slower and slower the longer you stay with them.

Of course, you can always switch back when gamefly gets slow, then switch again when gamerang gets slow again.
Scott
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 04:00:19 PM »

Yep, my basic experiences.  Gamerang is pretty bad in general.  Bad UI, hard to tell what's going on, fewer games, slower shipment for no apparent reasons, etc.

Gamefly is very polished.  Shipping times suck for me since I live on the East Coast, but at least I usually know what's going on.  The new Fast Return option works fairly well sometimes, so turnaround is usually a week, much better then two weeks.

I get frustrated and quit Gamefly at times though, but still, I've found Gamefly to be by far the best, and I've tried most.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: