http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 12:27:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dude, where's my horse!?  (Read 1862 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »

So I bought a horse in Oblivion, rode it half way across the world and did a little dungeon crawling. When I came out, my horse was gone!! I thought, no big deal, it probably just went back to where I bought it so I'll have to hike back there. But I finally get there and my horse isn't there either!! What the hell?? Can someone please tell me where my horse is? I dropped a thousand bux0rs on that baby!

This is the PS3 version but I figured there be more experienced people on the PC boards.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »

When you quick travel, doesn't the horse show up next to you?  Also, can't your horse die from what I recall...I hope not frown

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »

A few things to keep in mind:

1) Your horse can die (short of an exclusive few). Yeah, it's really annoying.
2) Your horse generally shows up next to you when you quick travel. If he doesn't, go travel to any town and go rest in the inn for a day or two. Wander outside and your horse should be there. If it doesn't work, see 1.

1 is the reason as to why I prefer speed spells. They only stop working if you do. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »

The first time I got a horse, I was riding it to the next town.  On the way, I saw a cave, so I stopped to explore it a bit.  I took out a few bandits on my way in, and was careful to get all of them.  Suddenly, I get hit from behind.  Somehow, another bandit had gotten behind me.  I didn't think much of it, figuring I'd missed one on my way in.

I finished exploring the cave, and headed back outside.  Right outside the cave entrance was my horse, lying dead in the road with arrows sticking out of him.  Apparently the bandit found him, killed him, and then came inside looking for me.  Bastard.

That right then was the moment I knew I was going to like this game.  Then I went and stole a horse.

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »

I like Shadowmere from the black hand - hes a nice horse.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »

I just made it a point to max out my Speed stat- I found horses to be too much of a pain to steer properly.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »

Personally, I pulled a mod that made the Horses invulnerable. After getting my first one killed (and at that point, it was a lot of money), I looked for an 'adjustment' to my game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 10:41:07 PM »

Well I havent even learned how to speedtravel yet so I don't know about that one.  I couldn't find any sort of horse when I came out of the dungeon-alive or dead.  Perhaps I forgot where I parked him.  I guess I'll have to go back again.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on February 03, 2008, 10:41:07 PM

Well I havent even learned how to speedtravel yet so I don't know about that one.  I couldn't find any sort of horse when I came out of the dungeon-alive or dead.  Perhaps I forgot where I parked him.  I guess I'll have to go back again.

You don't have to learn to quick travel.  Just open the world map, and you can go to any of the major cities, plus any other location you've already visited, from the start of the game.  When you do, you should get a message along the lines of "Your horse is stabled outside the city gate", and then you should be able to easily find your horse.  It's even easier if you travel to a cave or dungeon, since your horse should appear right next to you.  Also, you can get a free horse as part of one of the early campaign missions.  Just do the quest where you have to go to Weynon Priory, and one of the people there will give you a horse you can use for as long as you want.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 02:33:11 AM »

DOh! I tried to buy a horse from there but it was like 2500 gold.  Obviously I was not talking to the right people.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 04:50:20 AM »

I can't remember the exact circumstances surrounding how you get the horse, but I know it belongs to Prior Maborel, and it's called "Prior Maborel's Paint Horse".

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »

thats the one at weynon priory, its your first stopping point on the quest.  Talk with the monks about assistance and one offers you his horse.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »

Alternatively you could always just steal one  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ANZAC
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »

Sometimes when your horse is attacked he will fight off the attacker. In so doing this he can move from the original place where you left him. If you look around you casn usually find him.

Other than that pretty much what Destructor says.

Byte me
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

I caught a Unicorn; everytime I went to town he'd kill the city guards.

I love unicorns.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »

Ok I got it back thanks!  I had no idea you could quick travel! I wonder what else the manual tells me that I haven't read.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:05 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on February 03, 2008, 01:21:54 PM

That right then was the moment I knew I was going to like this game.  Then I went and stole a horse.
I've never gotten to play Oblivion yet, but this made me laugh.  Tongue

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 04:18:34 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 04, 2008, 08:39:52 PM

I love unicorns.

They're great until you pull out your own weapon.

16-bit and loving it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: