http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 07:46:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DS or Wii  (Read 538 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:40:11 PM »

I'm not a rich man, but I have around 140.00 saved up for free spending and figure that between now and Wii release I can put together another 150.00.  So figure 290.00 to spend.

What should I do?

In my house, Wii intentionally have but one television.  So, as you may discern, when it is otherwise occupied during the television primetime season (which happens periodically) or when we have company (far more now than ever before) and they take in a show or two, my limited game time plummets as I have no access to my outlet.

PC gaming is out as I'm still not interested in revisiting any of my quite old unfinished games or buying any new ones, so a DS seems like a fine solution.

I don't travel much, but on the occaisional trip, it'd be handy.  There are probably between 6-12 games that I have interest in and of those dozen about 4 I'd REALLY like to play. I'd wait for non-white lite before I purchased so....

Then there's the Wii.  I'd love to have one out of the chute, thus making it my first launch console ever as I pretty much like everything I've read about them. However, the above problem isn't solved by adding a new console.

So figuring that I'd have the resources to do one but not the other around the time when Wii launches (I figure there will be colored DSes by then), what would you do or what do you recommend?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »

Given the choice- DS all the way.  Cheaper to being with ($130 for the new DS Lite next month), the games themselves are cheaper, and there is already a pretty large library for the DS already and Nintendo just announced an ton of great new ones coming soon.

The Wii looks to have a good lineup by launch standards but I think you'll get more bang for your buck with the DS *and* solve your problem.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »

Thanks. But I just looked at play footage of Red steel and Twilight Princess.

I think my decision has been made smile slywink Tongue.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 02:14:58 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Thanks. But I just looked at play footage of Red steel and Twilight Princess.

You don't have a Cube?  Well, that changes things a bit smile  The whole "virtual console" aspect does open up a lot more options and there are some fantastic Cube games you would have access to cheap.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »

You sure you can't do DS in June and Wii in November? Just, I dunno, sell one of your kids or something. Waddaya mean that doesn't help? Hmm.

I have a good feeling you'll wind up getting both systems, so if there's any logic to it, pick up a DS Lite when it comes out this summer. You'll have all of that time to game, instead of waiting for November, you won't be as interrupted, and you do have a solid library to look through. Plus, you will then have four or five months to try to save up for the Wii, which you may pull off in the end.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »

Wii!

I know the DS is a dissapointment, there's still hope for Wii!  Tongue

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1]   Go Up