http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 01:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DS or PSP?  (Read 9361 times)
JLu
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 02:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Quote from: "JLu"
How are the screens on the DS -- are the screen protectors something that a normal adult would require?  

(I scratched the heck out of my palm pilot over the years, which is why I ask)

Thanks in advance!

The unit closes like a clamshell to protect the screens (sorta like the GBA SP).  The actual screens seem pretty durable.  I've had mine since early August, play it every day and have NO scratches on it at all.  And I don't use a screen protector but I also don't let my kids play on my DS.

Ah that's good to hear on the screen durability.  Far enough away from children still that the next generation of handheld will likely be out before I'd have a child old enough to be using this one.  Thanks!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2005, 02:57:27 PM »

I own both the DS and the PSP and I play my PSP way more than my DS. The DS games have tended just to be ports of N64/GC/GBA games, just like the PSP games are mostly ports of PS2 games. Now, if you want a multimedia device that you can also happen to play games on, the PSP is the way to go. However, so far, the PSP is by far the superior machine for playing actual games, the fact that the DS graphics are severly lacking when compared to the PSP is another plus for the PSP.

I LOVE THESE THREADS!!!!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2005, 03:53:08 PM »

And as far as ports go, the PSP did nab GTA: Liberty Stories, which, if you haven't owned a PS2, could be a hell of a reason to grab the PSP. As far as I remember, the initial reviews were very positive. Don't know how the game has done or been perceived since its release though.

I tells ya, though, I really wish me and my buddies could, I dunno, "borrow" a handful of DSes and play Mario Kart against each other all day.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2005, 08:12:55 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
And as far as ports go, the PSP did nab GTA: Liberty Stories, which, if you haven't owned a PS2, could be a hell of a reason to grab the PSP. As far as I remember, the initial reviews were very positive. Don't know how the game has done or been perceived since its release though.

I actually ended up returning my copy.  My only complaint with the game is that even with a new main character/storyline, it's still basically GTA3.  After spending 100+ hours playing GTA3 back in the day, after 3-4 days of playing Liberty Stories (maybe 3-4 hours total?) I found myself bored to tears as it felt like I was playing the same game I had all those years ago....

That said, if you haven't played GTA3 (or any other GTA game) it's easily worth taking a look at - even the loading times are almost managable smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2005, 09:10:45 PM »

I'm mega-disappointed in the PSP and only sort of disappointed in the DS.

So I guess the DS.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2005, 11:15:06 PM »

GP2X

i'm going to be getting one in a few months... will report back when i do.
ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2005, 11:45:03 PM »

Quote from: "hitbyambulance"
GP2X

i'm going to be getting one in a few months... will report back when i do.

I'm almost ready to order one myself (bought a 512 MB SD card and some Energizer 2500 NiMH Batteries today in giddy anticipation).  Should get it within the next month.
unbreakable
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »

Meh, no wireless.

I'll wait for the next version.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 12:46:03 AM »

ahhh.. it's wireless capability you really want??

ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 12:50:07 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Meh, no wireless.

I'll wait for the next version.

methinks you have missed the point of the system.  However, the XGP
http://gp2x-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/xgp-screenshots.shtml
might be more to your liking.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2005, 05:01:41 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
putting down 80+ bucks on a GBA doesn't really make sense when you can just put 50 more and get the DS which will play the entire catalog of games anyway.

I think the GBA SP, and Micro, are truly portable, pocket systems, where the DS isn't.  $50 more is one of two extra games, and if you buy a used GBA SP, you save more.

Hmm, I carry my DS in my pocket daily, I guess some people have bigger pocket.smile
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2005, 02:46:06 PM »

Hmm, I carry my DS in my pocket daily, I guess some people have bigger pocket.Smile

You must have huge pockets, or at least not use pants pockets. I carry a Treo in my pocket which I'm fine with, but anything bigger, blah.  The micro of GBA SP is fine.  The PSP definitely doesn't go in my pocket.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 05:06:55 PM »

Handheld wars and jokes aside, I have played my DS more than any other gaming console for at least the past two months (and 95% of that time is spent playing it at home). I haven't regretted my DS purchase for a second since picking it up in January. The DS games are phenominal in and of themselves (especially with the recent influx of titles the past few months) but when you factor in the GBA library with your DS you've got a win-win situation. I would highly recommend the DS over the PSP as a gaming platform (and library).

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 05:10:59 PM »

animal crossing in one slot and fire emblem in the other, couldn't ask for anything more. I will admit I sold my PSP in the summer before the library started expanding. Had there been more games I might have kept it. I'm not interested in movies, mp3s or emulation though.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2005, 02:01:23 PM »

Handheld wars and jokes aside, I have played my PSP more than any other gaming console for at least the past YEAR (and 95% of that time is spent playing it at home). I haven't regretted my PSP purchase for a second since picking it up in January (import). The PSP games are phenominal in and of themselves (especially with the recent influx of titles the past few months) but when you factor in the movies, web and music, you've got a win-win situation. I would highly recommend the PSP over the DS as a gaming platform (and beyond).

This is so much fun!!!!  biggrin

Baron Of Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2005, 02:53:30 PM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"

Hmm, I carry my DS in my pocket daily, I guess some people have bigger pocket.smile

frown And I thought you were just happy to see me.

GoneGold refugee, needs food and place to stay
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2005, 02:56:12 PM »

I have to echo Devil here.  I love my PSP.  Being able to switch from playing a game to listening to MP3 or sitting on the freaking Throne to surf the net is just awesome.  

Now that some of the better games are being released the PSP sales should be getting better.  Heck, the interest I get when I am in the lounge area  at my job from men and women is a testament that many people are getting interested in the PSP.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2005, 02:58:06 PM »

I have both and have to admit that I've been having trouble finding PSP games that grab me. The PSP had a good launch but the only game I've really got hooked on since has been Hot Shots Golf (which is sublime, and probably my game of the year) This system badly needs a quality RPG!

The DS started slowly but has become a dynamo (quite unexpectedly, for me). There are so many FUN titles. I think I could literally not play any other system for the next year, nor pick up any new games, and STILL be a happy gamer!!

There are probably a dozen games for the DS that I could throw in a bag -- pull one out at random -- and be guaranteed to have a blast playing all day long!!

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2005, 04:09:19 PM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
The DS started slowly but has become a dynamo (quite unexpectedly, for me). There are so many FUN titles. I think I could literally not play any other system for the next year, nor pick up any new games, and STILL be a happy gamer!!

There are probably a dozen games for the DS that I could throw in a bag -- pull one out at random -- and be guaranteed to have a blast playing all day long!!

My thoughts exactly. While I would love to continue seeing the great DS releases that we've come to expect, I fully agree with your statement. That's not to knock any other system or handheld... that's just speaking to the strength of the DS.

--Devil
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2005, 12:24:19 AM »

LOVE the sig!
 biggrin

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2005, 12:31:07 AM »

I typed that last message on the can with my PSP!! It took almost 3 hours with the wonderful text entry that Sony had decided to torture us with (my legs were going numb!), but it was with my PSP none the less!!

Try that with your DS!!!

biggrin

ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2005, 01:00:48 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
I typed that last message on the can with my PSP!! It took almost 3 hours with the wonderful text entry that Sony had decided to torture us with (my legs were going numb!), but it was with my PSP none the less!!

Try that with your DS!!!

biggrin

Well, I'm typing this from the can on my work laptop.  For portable 'can' typing, a laptop runs rings around the PSP...
slywink

Anyway, just ordered my GP2X a couple of minutes ago, for those interested, I'll give a first impression when it arrives early next week.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2005, 01:59:06 PM »

Here's a question:  where are all the threads on these awesome PSP games I keep hearing about in this thread?  I've seen numerous threads for the DS, including Mario Kart DS (including the Multiplayer forum), Battles of Prince of Persia, the upcoming FF3 remake (3J was never released in the US, and this looks like one heck of a remake, so it's like a port on steroids), Mario & Luigi, two threads on Animal Crossing, one of which is ten pages long and still going strong, and this is only taking threads that generated a fair number of replies.

This is looking through page 5 of this forum, which goes back to late November.  In that timeframe, only one thread was opened on a PSP game which generated any actual replies; that was for Legend of Heroes.  There are several other threads on the PSP, but those are all on either the hardware or playing mp3's/emulation.

So, where are the discussions on the great games out for the PSP?  Honestly, I'm just curious; there's discussion going on games for all the other platforms right now.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
warning

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2005, 02:09:15 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
So, where are the discussions on the great games out for the PSP?

They're still loading?   :wink:
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2005, 02:55:04 PM »

I could throw out threads on all the PSP games that I think are good, but this place is DS heavy so what's the point?

Let's say I start a Gretzky '06 PSP thread. I'll be talking to myself!

Not sure that thread count is a representation of quality.

This is sorta my point about PSP v. DS stuff. The PSP is hammered in here and the DS can do no wrong.

It's funny to see the knocks on the PSP without even a hint of issues with the DS.

A lot of the arguments apply to both systems, which is what I try to do.

I'm on my island but I'm having fun with it.  biggrin

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:25 PM »

I just find it odd that of all the systems out there, the only one not really seeing any discussion going on the games is the PSP.  Heck, where's a Wipeout thread?!  If there's a game on the PSP that I'd love to play, it's Wipeout!

My point was more that, looking at the threads, the DS owners appear to be interested in the games, while the PSP owners appear to be interested in the system and the technology instead.

While I can somewhat see your logic, Devil, if you were right about people not discussing the PSP here because it gets hammered on, there wouldn't even be those 4-5 threads I found on the first five pages discussing PSP hardware and features.

But I also see that you enjoy the arguing which, obviously, I do too.  slywink  So there's that as well.   :lol:

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2005, 03:23:26 PM »

I'm with Devil on this.  I'm well into my 3rd season with the Baltimore Ravens on the PSP, but how many folkws actually have Madden06 for the PSP.

I find the DS a craptacular system, but some of you just can't find anything wrong with it. Keep in mind I have a GBA SP (Which I think is a better hand-held than either the PSP and the DS).  Lets keep in mind that most of these awesome games for the DS just recently started coming out.  When the DS was released and games weren't as plentiful most found the system quite shitty as well.   We gamers do so have short memories

NiM$
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2005, 03:47:23 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"
Lets keep in mind that most of these awesome games for the DS just recently started coming out.  When the DS was released and games weren't as plentiful most found the system quite shitty as well.   We gamers do so have short memories

Well, while that may be true, as I've mentioned in previous threads on this, the DS started hitting its stride in the late spring, only 6 months after system launch.  The PSP's been out roughly 9 months and still hasn't hit its gaming stride yet, so I find that argument a moot point.

Does it mean the PSP sucks or that it won't ever hit a good stride on games?  Not at all.  But it does mean that the alleged "big" lead of time the DS has had from launching about three or four months earlier isn't the big factor so many people seem to be claiming it is.

As I've said before, would I love to have more 3d capabilities and more power in the DS?  Sure, who wouldn't?  "Hey, uh, can you trim down the graphics on my system here?  It looks too good for my taste..."   :shock:

That said, I think that the big thing is that the games are great enough and are doing a great job with what the system is capable of.  The DS is more powerful than the GBA, but that doesn't mean that suddenly the GBA is too pathetic to be worthwhile.  The games on that system are fantastic and do what they can to work around the system's limitations.

Every system has limits to its power.  It's what the developers do with that power that make the difference.

It's all about the games.  If the Revo has crappy games while the 360 or the PS3 comes out with great ones, well, then guess what, I'll change my purchase plans.  I don't care what system is the more powerful one, I care about what games I want to play.

Heck, even on the pc, some of the crummy low-grade indy games are better than the modern stuff.  Geneforge 2, which looks like diarrhetic monkey ass, has great gameplay.  I'm not going to discount it just because it runs in low resolution and has horrible, horrible graphics (seriously, the game looks horrid, looks like something designed 10 years ago).  The gameplay is solid and the writing and story are great.  (I plan to play 3 soon, just haven't gotten to it yet)

In fact, the Geneforge series runs circles around the Dungeon Siege games as far as gameplay and story goes, even though the graphics aren't even remotely comparable.

My point is, it's all about the games.  I love games that look great, again, who doesn't?  But even if they don't, if they're a blast, then they're a blast.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2005, 03:50:06 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
So, where are the discussions on the great games out for the PSP?

They're still loading?   :wink:

Dammit Warning, you owe me a new monitor.

Tru1cy does have a point.  It's only recently that the DS has come into it's own game-wise.  I'm really hoping that the games for the PSP eventually catch up with the sweet hardware, but I don't see much indication that they will in the near future.  I've been very 'meh' about the list of upcoming PSP games.  If they suddenly started announcing some quality RPG titles (hell, even ports would be fine at this point), I could generate some interest in the system.  Until then, the DS will be my system of choice.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2005, 04:15:44 PM »

Well, while that may be true, as I've mentioned in previous threads on this, the DS started hitting its stride in the late spring, only 6 months after system launch.  The PSP's been out roughly 9 months and still hasn't hit its gaming stride yet, so I find that argument a moot point.

Again, thats your opinion.  I think the PSP is now hitting its stride.  GTA: Liberty City, Madden 06, SOCOM and Armored Core all play great.  Not to mention the Prince of Persia, King Kong and Xmen Legends  getting good reviews and playing just as great.

I think some of you are really underrating the PSP with all this DS love.  Just my opinion

NiM$
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »

I think some of you are really underrating the PSP with all this DS love. Just my opinion

and mine too!!

"hitting stride" for the DS is Castlevania, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi and Animal Crossing, Advance Wars.

For the PSP it's GTA, AC, Madden, Virtua Tennis, SOCOM.

The problem, in here, is that the stride hitting games for the DS are considered outstanding accomplishments and the PSP games are shrugged off as ports.

It's the double standard that make me laugh.

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2005, 05:25:31 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"
 Not to mention the Prince of Persia, King Kong and Xmen Legends getting good reviews and playing just as great.

I'm sure I'll be branded a Nintendo Lover for asking this, but this is a serious question. Why would I want to buy these games on the PSP when  much better versions of these games are available on the PS2, Xbox, and GC? Sure the DS games are franchise titles, but most of the DS games are completely new or significantly reworked, not ports of console games that were released only a few weeks ago.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"

Why would I want to buy these games on the PSP when  much better versions of these games are available on the PS2, Xbox, and GC? Sure the DS games are franchise titles, but most of the DS games are completely new or significantly reworked, not ports of console games that were released only a few weeks ago.

You beat me to it. This has been my main point of the PSP vs DS discussions and I'd love for us all to have a serious debate on this without someone wanting to whip theirs out, lay it on the table, and ask for a ruler (or a yard stick for those of you out there with delusions of grandeur).

--Devil
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2005, 05:51:08 PM »

I think some of you are really underrating the PSP with all this DS love. Just my opinion

and mine too!!

"hitting stride" for the DS is Castlevania, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi and Animal Crossing, Advance Wars.

For the PSP it's GTA, AC, Madden, Virtua Tennis, SOCOM.

The problem, in here, is that the stride hitting games for the DS are considered outstanding accomplishments and the PSP games are shrugged off as ports.

It's the double standard that make me laugh.

Mallon made the point that I'm also making.  The quoted games for the DS are sequels, i.e. new games in established franchises.

The quoted games for the PSP, which the exception of GTA and possibly SOCOM (don't know if that's actually a new one or just a port), are ports of existing games, and slightly watered down at that.

The only true port I've seen on the DS that anyone has raved about is Mario 64, and I have no interest in that game, because it's a port, and I can play that on the N64.  So no, Mr. Devil, that's not a double-standard.  I'm applying the same principle to both systems.  One has actual new games, the other has mostly ports.

Criticizing the DS for having new games in existing franchises is, well, silly.  I don't see anyone criticizing Call of Duty 2 because it's part of a franchise, or saying "They better not make Halo 3, because we've already played Halo!", or ranting that Nintendo shouldn't make any more Zelda games, because there are already Zelda games out there.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2005, 06:57:56 PM »

SOCOM for the PSP is new (ie not a port).  I competely agree with Andrew though- I'd be much happier with the PSP if we were getting more "new" games from exisiting franchises.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2005, 06:59:34 PM »

Why would I want to buy these games on the PSP when much better versions of these games are available on the PS2, Xbox, and GC?

Like Mario Kart?

I've adressed this before (and, AM, I'll whip it out if you'd like too  :wink: ) - The benefit of playing Gretzky anywhere I want! The same principle for DS games. I can be in the same room with my family while they watch something on TV, the ability to play it in bed, the ability to play while someone else is using a TV to play something else, the ability to play a game and still be somewhat social with the people I'm living with (wife, daughter, dog). This isn't a PSP v. DS issue - I do the same with DS games.

The quoted games for the DS are sequels, i.e. new games in established franchises.

You're splitting hairs.

Like I've said before - If you're going to use the addition of a map screen for Mario Kart to make it a new game, then EA Trax makes Madden a new game too.

It just doesn't cut it.

You guys are only seeing one side of the argument. The Mario Kart DS map and Mario Kart DS vs. GC is the same as EA Trax with Madden on PSP and Madden PSP vs. Madden Xbox.

Look at both systems the same, that's all I'm asking. They are closer to each other than you guys want to give credit for.

The only difference is which TYPE of games they have. THAT'S IT!!

If you like sports more than Animal Crossing, the PSP is for you!
If you like Animal Crossing more than sports, the DS is for you!

It's that simple!

All the other stuff is crap that's thrown out to make people feel better about the system they own and why they chose it!
 :lol:

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2005, 07:29:27 PM »

Why would I want to buy these games on the PSP when much better versions of these games are available on the PS2, Xbox, and GC?

I've adressed this before  The benefit of playing Gretzky anywhere I want! The same principle for DS games. I can be in the same room with my family while they watch something on TV, the ability to play it in bed, the ability to play while someone else is using a TV to play something else, the ability to play a game and still be somewhat social with the people I'm living with (wife, daughter, dog). This isn't a PSP v. DS issue - I do the same with DS games.

That's great that the PSP offers you an alternative for your situation. Frankly, though, if I'm interested in a mult-platform game I'm going to go with the platform that offers the best play expereince. I'd rather buy X-Men II on the XBox and play it when I have free time, and then buy a well-received PSP/DS title that doesn't have control/loading issues for those times that the TV is in use.

Almost everyone on this forum, including yourself, is a multi-system owner. You can't hold up PSP (or DS) ports of console games released in the last few months as examples of a strong library when much better alternatives are available. I buy games that I'm interested in regardless of platform, not whether it's portable or not.  

The quoted games for the DS are sequels, i.e. new games in established franchises.

You're splitting hairs.

Like I've said before - If you're going to use the addition of a map screen for Mario Kart to make it a new game, then EA Trax makes Madden a new game too.

It just doesn't cut it.

You guys are only seeing one side of the argument. The Mario Kart DS map and Mario Kart DS vs. GC is the same as EA Trax with Madden on PSP and Madden PSP vs. Madden Xbox.

Look at both systems the same, that's all I'm asking. They are closer to each other than you guys want to give credit for.

I think the PSP and DS right now both have a range of titles that I'm interested in playing. Both systems have more quality games than I have time to play. So, in terms of my preference, it's a wash. If I had to choose between systems, I'd sell my DS long before I get rid of my PSP. The PSP's other capabilities give it the advantage for me.

However, looking objectively at the libraries for the two systems as a whole, for every solid PSP title released, the DS has two.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2005, 08:39:16 PM »

I'm sorry Devil, and I don't mean to be rude, but you're wrong.

Madden '06 on the PSP is just a port.  It's the same game as Madden '06 on any other system.  It is not the same game as Madden '05, though it's really similar (sports games are not quite in the same park as other game types when it comes to sequels).

Mario Kart DS is different than on the GC not because it has a second screen (I don't even really count that at all), it's different because it's a new game in a franchise.  It has four new cups of races, new karts, remix of controls and powerups, and some new play modes (challenge mode in particular).

Are you going to sit there and call GTA: San Andreas the same thing as GTA3?  Is Halo 2 the same game as Halo?  Is Dragon Quest 7 the same game as Dragon Quest 8?

No, these are all new games in a series.

In the same way, Advance Wars DS is different from the previous games, Mario Kart is different from the previous games, Castlevania DS is different from the previous games, and so on.

Mario 64 DS is a PORT of Mario 64.  It's the same game.  X-Men Legends 2 on the PSP is a PORT of X-Men Legends 2.  They're the same game, just on a different system.

If they took Project Gotham Racing 2 and put it on the 360, would you argue that it's a new game?  Of course not!  That's a port!  Project Gotham Racing 3 is a new game: different selection of cars, tracks, etc.

I'm frankly rather frustrated that you can't seem to understand this simple piece of logic.  Do we need to go look up in wikipedia and print out the definition of "port" versus the definition of "sequel"?  Seriously, by the logic you're espousing towards the franchise sequels on the DS, practically every game in the entire library of successful games is just a port, because most of the successful games anymore are sequels to games in a franchise.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2005, 08:54:40 PM »

I recently sold off my PSP, neat system, but I just never played it, the games weren't grabbing me.

This thread helped me decide to give the DS a try. Just went out and got the Mario Cart red DS. Got Animal Crossing, the dog game (it just got too good of reviews, so I will give it a try) and Metroid Pinball. Looks good so far.

I should probably get screen protectors huh?

Thanks for all the info in this thread.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2005, 08:56:39 PM »

Wow, simply WOW.   So basically cause the games are ports that DS is a better system?

I don't know but being able to play Xmen Legends  and Madden 06 while I'm on Mass Transit makes the PSP a better system imo.  

Playing fetch with some dog or looking for a fish pole doesnot make a good game.  I see its the stylus that makes the DS a better systems.  

I think Devil is dead on, but you are right and we are wrong.  I guess we should bow down to the DS  :roll:

NiM$
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: