http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 10:15:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DS Lite  (Read 1438 times)
unbreakable
« on: April 11, 2006, 07:27:45 PM »

When the hell is this coming out?  I'm dying to get a DS now, but of course I'm holding out for the superior model.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »

I've heard rumors of mid-May.  Can you hold out another month?  frown

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 07:36:13 PM »

I was just about to make a post about this - I ordered a white DS Lite from Lik-Sang last night.  Last I heard the U.S. release might be around June . . . but one would think they would want to push their new hardware with the release of the new Super Mario Bros. game in May . . .

But eh, importing at Lik-Sang anyway.  I've been thinking about it for a couple of days and decided to just do it.  I play my DS more than any other console and with the price being $199.99 I wouldn't think that would be TOO off-target of the U.S. price.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 08:44:13 PM »

well it is probably going to retail at the current 130 with the older model taking a price drop. That's what all of the websites and magazines are stating. Also stating a May launch. Ie; show it at E3 and say pick it up in stores a few days later.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:01:50 PM »

I saw the rumors of a May release, but nobody is taking pre-orders.  Which I would expect, given it is about a month away.

This is probably one of the few things I would pre-order, especially if they are going to be as hard to get as they are in Japan.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »

That's so strange that you would make this thread today because I was considering the exact same thing. I'm dying for a DS, yesterday at work in one of our shipments we recieved Metroid Prime Hunters, Animal Crossing, Worms, and Age of Empires for DS and I was basically asking myself what the hell I was doing without a DS. I almost bought one that day but, like you, it seemed foolish after holding off this long on not getting a DS, to get one right before the new model was about to release. The only thing that keeps me from buying one right now is my current backlog of 360 and GC games!

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 09:33:04 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
well it is probably going to retail at the current 130 with the older model taking a price drop. That's what all of the websites and magazines are stating. Also stating a May launch. Ie; show it at E3 and say pick it up in stores a few days later.

Our Nintendo rep said the retail price was going to be higher than the current version. She said how much, but I can't remember. I want to say it was between 150-170.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:14:03 PM »

I just got mine today. I ordered form www.gamechoiceclub.com Got the DS Lite in 4 days. Not bad from Hong Kong to Canada.

The Lite is better in every way than the old model. The screens are so crisp now.
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 12:34:20 AM »

So if you import one, what kind of warranty do you get?
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 12:35:45 AM »

Noticed there was a 90 second hands-on preview video over on CNet today: http://reviews.cnet.com/4660-9020_7-6488242.html?tag=cnetfd.sd
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 01:06:20 AM »

I just got mine today. I ordered form www.gamechoiceclub.com Got the DS Lite in 4 days. Not bad from Hong Kong to Canada.

Hmm, not that I don't trust you but I'm still skeptical of the site. Besides the grammar errors and poor description of the product, it says "Note that If dead pixels found, there is NO replacement and no refund, the sale is final.". So basically there is no warranty.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »

Not sure about the warranty. No dead pixels on the one I got. There wasn't on my original DS either. I honestly didn't know the dead pixel thing was such a big issue with DS. My PsP had quite a few.

I went with GameChoiceClub based on what people were reporting in this thread here

Go to the last few pages for people talking about GameChoiceClub.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 03:21:32 AM »

well the warrant would be with nintendo anyway..so if you had a dead pixel you would go to them.  I don't see how anything would void out the nintendo warrant with it being imported.  (just like how some people had issues with ebgames or gamestop not taking them back for deadpixels)

It's a good idea, but I would be purchasing it just out of excitement..since my ds is working perfectly fine for me.  Maybe if I can find someone to take my old one off of me for a low price ill consider a new one once it comes out in the states.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 03:33:53 AM »

I have seen DS with dead pixels...it definitely does happen.
Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan aren't the same company, and I don't know that they'd be under any obligation to provide warranty service on an imprted unit.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 03:52:18 AM »

the Japan warrantee would still be valid.  You probley would have to just have to pay for the shipping.  but I'm not sure how the Ds lite replacement works compared to the original.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »

I got my navy blue Lite a couple weeks ago and love it to death.  Was worth the extra money to get it early,  but I am a DS fanboy.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 12:24:31 AM »

Meh I bought a DS a month ago when they came out here in Japan.  I feel like I wasted my Biccamera points.  I bought one of those "brain training" games that are all the rage over here and gave it to my girlfriend.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 11:37:45 AM »

I have a trip in July so  as long as it is out by then I can wait, if not I will be forced to import.  I have waited this long for a DS and can wait a little longer, but I will get a DS Lite when it is released here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: