http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 08:38:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DS Lite.........connect to cube?  (Read 787 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:00:54 PM »

when i had a gameboy advance i used to connect it to the cube and play wind waker and final fantasy chronicals

then i part exchanged it for a DS.....but to my horror..there was no place for me to connect the cable from the cube.....so i had lost that feature,which i quite liked,especially on wind waker as it opens up more of the game

does anyone know if the new DS lite will have this feature?did they miss it off the first version by accident?....i hate to think that i will have to buy an old GB advance just for the connection with cube...as i can play advanced games on the DS

thanx

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »

The connection 'feature' of the Cube to the GBA was an utter failure, and as such Nintendo removed the capability (the port itself if I'm right) from the DS.

Actually, now that I think about it, the DS lost the ability to play other GBAs in multiplayer (from said port) entirely. I though that was a design decision, and my first thought isn't entirely true. The connection feature still wasn't used though.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:16:36 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
The connection 'feature' of the Cube to the GBA was an utter failure, and as such Nintendo removed the capability (the port itself if I'm right) from the DS.

Actually, now that I think about it, the DS lost the ability to play other GBAs in multiplayer (from said port) entirely. I though that was a design decision, and my first thought isn't entirely true. The connection feature still wasn't used though.

Hmm, I liked the connection when used with The Wind Waker and Crystal Chronicles.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »

Hmm, I liked the connection when used with The Wind Waker and Crystal Chronicles.

And Link: Four Swords.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 06:15:01 PM »

I thought I heard somewhere that the Wii and DS should have some sort of connectability.  Can't say for sure, though.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »

I've always thought that any game designed to use the two separate consoles was just shooting itself in the foot. And I wanted to try Crystal Chronicles, but not enough to get me and a buddy to pony up the cash for separate GBAs.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:47:13 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
I thought I heard somewhere that the Wii and DS should have some sort of connectability.  Can't say for sure, though.

Rumor has it that they'll talk to one another. At the very least, your DS is supposed to be able to use the Wii's 'always on' internet connection to piggyback onto for internet play.

And I also loved the Cube to GBA cable thingy on the two games I used it on (Wind Waker and FF:CC). It was a great idea. Just never used.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 03:40:55 AM »

I've read about a couple of DS games (Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, I believe) that are supposed to be able to interact with their GC counterparts, so thaer has to be some way.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
I've always thought that any game designed to use the two separate consoles was just shooting itself in the foot. And I wanted to try Crystal Chronicles, but not enough to get me and a buddy to pony up the cash for separate GBAs.

actually...i played on my own,the GBA became ...er maps if i remember rightly...it was quite a neat function..cant remember if you could actually use it as the game pad as well

but yeah you're right for CC the connection thing(well the whole game actually)was designed for more than one player

still.......................zelda,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 02:44:02 PM »

I'm not even saying the Link features were bad, just that the userbase of Cube wasn't that huge to begin with, so when you make a game that narrows it down even further by weeding out anyone without a GBA, and you're not really helping the cause.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: