http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:29:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Quest 8 US release "as soon as possible"  (Read 871 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:29:19 AM »

According to an interview at RPGFan, Square Enix will release Dragon Quest 8 in the US "as soon as possible".  Also, if it's a success (and it should be) other DQ games will be brought over smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 08:03:30 AM »

One word:  awesome.  Probably the best answer that I could think of hearing, aside from "next week"   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 02:34:17 PM »

I'd prefer to hear "Surprise--it's tomorrow", but this is still good.  I'm looking forward to playing DQ8.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 06:42:59 PM »

This is fucking AWESOME. I just hope they have seriously revised the combat. the old style was classic yes, but it was hopelessly archaic and needed an update. ANyways, now all we need is an official release date.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 06:41:15 PM »

Hey Ron, could you call Square Enix US and see if you could get a timeframe?
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 01:02:23 AM »

" I just hope they have seriously revised the combat. the old style was classic yes, but it was hopelessly archaic and needed an update."
It depends on what you find archaic about it.  From what I've read, combat is pretty similar to the old games.  You input your team's commands, and then you and the enemy attack each other based on each combatant's agility score.  The biggest difference is, as in DW7, there are tons of skills to use.  DW7 had a great variety of skills, and I thought the combat was great, and DQ8 looks to have great variety as well.  Also, for the first time in the series, your characters now appear in battle, rather than the first-person view of the previous games.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: