http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 12:25:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Quest 8: Outstanding and Informative Review  (Read 752 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2004, 01:05:37 AM »

Bebpo, over at Gaming-Age, has posted his very detailed and well-written review of Dragon Quest 8.  He's written several reviews for Gamefaqs and is an excellent source for early word on RPGs that have yet to make it to the US.  His overall grade for the game was an 8.8.  

The passages where he described the level of detail in the world almost made me salivate.  Can 't wait for this game.

Review is here:

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=27915
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:57:59 AM »

That's pretty much what I expected.  There's some sort of magic to the DW series that makes what would seem like tedium incredibly fun.  Although I have a great deal of nostalgia for the series (DW1 was my first console RPG), it's more than that.  I'm replaying DW1 and DW3 now on the Gameboy, and they're still fun to play.  I just hope Square Enix stops keeping us in suspense and officially announces a US release soon.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 03:18:16 PM »

Well that was somewhat disappointing.  The length of time leveling is annoying.  He says that the game takes 60 hours but he also talks about how for one boss he had to wander around leveling up for at least an hour before he could win.  

So how many hours are spent doing the story vs. how many hours spent leveling up because of a skewed exp system?  

Also his comment that battles take 1-2 minutes is annoying.  I don't mind if the battles are deep, but it doesn't sound like they are.  It just sounds like they are slow.  

I will still check it out but I am less excited than I was.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: