http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 08:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Age is looking good!  (Read 78837 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 17, 2010, 07:03:34 AM »

Quote from: Scuzz on November 16, 2010, 06:14:38 PM

Well I just did Landsmeet....made it through on one try.....and I must say...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I felt bad for Lohgain when I finally killed him. I wanted to let him become a Warden but Alistar would have no part of it.

The Landsmeet is probably my favorite part of the whole game. Its where it all comes together and...well

Spoiler for Hiden:
Loghain almost convinced me that he was in the right! He was spot-on about so many damn things that it was a close call to whether to just let him win and ride away into the sunset, or to take matters into my own hands. Oh, and the voice actor or Loghain rocks!

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 17, 2010, 07:58:40 AM »

I was so bummed I'd didn't keep a save game from before the Landsmeet, but it gives me another excuse to replay the game again before DA2 comes out (and probably after too).

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2010, 07:58:40 AM

I was so bummed I'd didn't keep a save game from before the Landsmeet, but it gives me another excuse to replay the game again before DA2 comes out (and probably after too).

There is an auto save as you enter the door.......

But yea..it seems like you have so many options in Denerim that the entire sequence cries out to be replayed just so you can see what you can change...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 17, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »

I'm not sure what happened to the autosave; it's been awhile but I'm guessing it got overwritten.

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 17, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

Is there an optimal order to be doing the major quest in?  I have done Redcliffe, the mage's tower, elf's, and am now doing the first area in Denerim.  Should I stop that and go do the Dwarf stuff then come back or what? I enjoy the open nature of doing things but hate the feeling that I am doing something at the wrong time.

morlac00 on PSN
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 17, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »

Quote from: morlac on November 17, 2010, 05:22:01 PM

Is there an optimal order to be doing the major quest in?  I have done Redcliffe, the mage's tower, elf's, and am now doing the first area in Denerim.  Should I stop that and go do the Dwarf stuff then come back or what? I enjoy the open nature of doing things but hate the feeling that I am doing something at the wrong time.

You're fine.  There's a lot of stuff in Denerim so eventually you will want to take a sidetrip and deal with the dwarves whenever you see fit.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1366 on: November 17, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

There is no right and wrong order, particularly after the difficulty of certain areas was modified in a patch. Just play in whatever order feels right for you. Things you do in one area may affect what you can do in other areas, but this isn't something you should plan for.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 17, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »

Another + to there is no real order. Personally I think the Mage tower will always be first stop for the Wynne though.

I like Wynne.

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 17, 2010, 09:15:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2010, 05:33:27 PM

Another + to there is no real order. Personally I think the Mage tower will always be first stop for the Wynne though.

I like Wynne.

She does have that sexy Bea Arthur Golde Girls vibe going.....rrrawwrrr.

Thanks all.  I will carry on with my feeble attampts at stamping out the blood mages in Denerim.  Stuck in a nasty fight in their hideout.  Might need to juggle my lineup for that one.  The AI has no issue setting their buddies on fire with multiple fireballs it seems.  Oh well they are blood mages after all.

morlac00 on PSN
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 18, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »

damn...this thing has twists and turns........
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 18, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »

Quote from: Scuzz on November 18, 2010, 04:54:48 PM

Shhh!  Not there yet!

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 18, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »

Quote from: morlac on November 18, 2010, 07:05:54 PM

Quote from: Scuzz on November 18, 2010, 04:54:48 PM

Shhh!  Not there yet!

Yeah, he's only at the part with turns and twists!

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 18, 2010, 07:45:51 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on November 15, 2010, 04:09:08 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 14, 2010, 03:32:25 PM

In my usual "late to the party" style, as I finally installed, updated and started playing original DA:O today after buying it several months ago at Best Buy:

<snipped>

The bummer is my code for a free character and DLC quest had expired, though that was before I'd even bought it at all (expired in April, I think I picked this up shortly after).

Did you actually try the code?  I'm not sure they actually are enforcing the exp. date.  If it has truly expired, I'd try contacting EA/Bioware and see whether customer service will help you out with a working code since you bought the game brand new.
That's a good idea, haven't tried da code yet.

So far I like that if I want to zoom out and pretend it's Baldur's Gate (which I bought in its heyday but never was any good at), and pause and orders, I can; and if I want to zoom in and bumble around like a 3rd person actioner, I can. It seems fairly forgiving at the normal difficulty level, which is fine by me.  icon_smile If they really are removing the zoomed out isometric view in the next iteration, it really is a shame if maybe not something I'll get out my pitchfork and torch to protest.
===================
I take it I should try something different at Landsmeet? Or would it just result in my main character's head getting sliced off?  icon_smile Wait, don't tell me...  icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:50:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 19, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »

I would really miss not have the isometric overhead view....
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 22, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »

Well I finished the game and I really enjoyed it....just over 100 hours of game play.

A lot like BG but with some significant differences that I think in the end I liked.

Plot twists and some seemingly major decisions towards the end add to the fun.

Well thought out story line and characters you can care about.
map

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 28, 2010, 01:49:53 AM »

Is there any way to get your promo downloadables on to a new computer?

Save America, shoot your television.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 28, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »

Quote from: map on November 28, 2010, 01:49:53 AM

Is there any way to get your promo downloadables on to a new computer?

it should be tied to your Bioware account, s when you install and run Dragon Age for the first time and enter your login info it should automatically download it.  I'm pretty sure that's all I needed to do when I changed PC's earlier this year.

Because I can,
Homard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 28, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »

I finally finished this at slightly over 60 hours played.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I only finish 1-2 games a year and I actually stayed with this one until the end.  That being said, I did the deep roads -> landsmeet last and I was only playing it to finish it at that point.  It was too protracted and the fights, which I'd been enjoying up to this point, either became cheaply difficult or time waster easy on hard difficulty.  I bumped the difficulty down to normal and steamrolled it just to be done from the landsmeet on.
  That being said, it was good enough to finish, which means it was pretty good.
map

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 28, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »

yep, it did it on it's own.

Save America, shoot your television.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 29, 2010, 05:44:27 AM »

I only have 3 achievements left to complete all of them from the original without DLC.  2 are survivor achievements while the last is killing the dragon at Haven's Temple.  This could take awhile, because that dragon is a bitch to kill.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: November 29, 2010, 06:18:33 PM »

Quote from: theohall on November 29, 2010, 05:44:27 AM

I only have 3 achievements left to complete all of them from the original without DLC.  2 are survivor achievements while the last is killing the dragon at Haven's Temple.  This could take awhile, because that dragon is a bitch to kill.

I had meant to go back and do that and never did..............
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 12, 2011, 09:18:46 PM »

whoops!

Over the April 9, 2011 weekend, some of our Dragon Age: Origins content servers experienced an as yet unidentified failure. As a result, users began to experience error messages when attempting to access their downloadable content, indicating that the DLC was unauthorized.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are currently investigating and working to resolve the issue on our end. We will update this thread once we know more.

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2011, 04:26:08 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 12, 2011, 09:18:46 PM

whoops!

Over the April 9, 2011 weekend, some of our Dragon Age: Origins content servers experienced an as yet unidentified failure. As a result, users began to experience error messages when attempting to access their downloadable content, indicating that the DLC was unauthorized.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are currently investigating and working to resolve the issue on our end. We will update this thread once we know more.
It's ok though since their DRM kept the pirates out all this time....  ninja Kind of glad I didn't pickup DA2 yet....
Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »

So uh... I just got this game a couple days ago. The ultimate PC DVD edition. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post in this old thread or start a new one. Anyways, I've got questions.

I'm having serious inventory issues. My bags are full of crystals, salves, dog biscuits, but mostly full of gifts. Dozens of gifts. I could really free up some space if I could get rid of these somehow. I gave a couple to my companions, but some at least some of them seem to stay in my inventory. There's a merchant in the 'camp' that seems to keep what I sell him. Could I sell these gifts to the merchant and 'store' them there till I find a use for them? Most of them are worth little or nothing, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to have to buy them back at some point.

Super game. I wish there was one more companion slot though. I feel obligated to keep the NPC's I have, but there are some interesting ones I'd like to try out.

Thanks,

-Cota
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:11 PM »

If memory serves, there is free DLC that gives you a storage chest in your camp.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:17 PM »

If you do the "Warden's Keep" DLC quest, you'll get a chest in which you can store items.  Since you have access to the world map, you should be able to do the quest at any time.  As far as companions, feel free to take whichever ones will be most useful or interesting at the time.  They all level up the same, regardless of whether they're with you or not.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

Quote from: JCC on February 19, 2013, 11:12:11 PM

If memory serves, there is free DLC that gives you a storage chest in your camp.

there's that, provided the game doesn't go whacky and forgets that you have that DLC installed (not sure if they ever fixed that or not).  personally I used this mod that added a chest to the party's campsite.  so much easier than having to travel to where the other chest is.

Because I can,
Cota
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 19, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »

Alright, thanks friends. I'm going to save the game and sell the gifts to the dwarf merchant in camp and see if he keeps them. If not, check out the Warden's Keep storage or maybe one of the mods. I always feel guilty though using a mod that makes the game easier.

-Cota
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: