http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 08:24:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Age is looking good!  (Read 78439 times)
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 12, 2009, 11:01:17 PM

Sacred Ashes is a damn cool video

Cool archer.  I appreciated the Saving Private Ryan sniper tribute as she fired off her killing shot. 

Regarding the inventory discussion, I would rather spend most of my time playing the game, and not playing the inventory management mini-game.  I would be happy not to have to manage 4 separate inventories.  Each second I spend sorting out inventories I feel drawn away from the story and action.
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2009, 05:03:13 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 13, 2009, 04:30:30 PM

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 03:56:18 PM

Seriously? You do remember what BG2 looked like, right?

Yes- functionally it seems quite similar to me.  You have a customizable list of various special attacks and spells, you select the character you control on the side of the screen, there is an indication of each characters health, etc.  What I see in Dragon Age just looks like a natural improvement of that system and frankly I can't imagine what sort of issues you have with it.  

Right, so functionally they can do the same things. I see where you're coming from. I am basing my comparison mainly on look and feel.

Its not that I have an issue with what its accomplishing. The sorts of things you do with a RPG interface are fairly standard these days. The only issue I might have is if WoW influences the game in too many ways.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2009, 05:07:09 PM »

Is Dragon Age a CRPG or a WoW clone? Sparkling corpses that need to be looted, minimap, hotbars, auto-attack and special moves. All of these reminded me of WoW. If these are the new genre standard then god help us all.

You are seriously reaching if you are trying to put a Wow-clone label on DA:O. Minimap, hotbars, auto-attack and special moves are present in probably 90% of CRPG's out there, including Baldur's Gate (minus minimap), it's not like WoW invented and patented all those things. Next thing you know, you will be saying that all those warriors, rogues, buffs/debuffs remind you of WoW. And what exactly is so bad about a minimap that warrants "god help us all"?

So instead of showing a little bag (Baldur's Gate), they show little sparkles. Big deal.

I see it as a concession made more for the console audience than the PC audience. I, for one, don't like consoles influencing my PC games.

Gothic is a PC game through and through and it doesn't prevent it from having unlimited inventory.

The whole "realism in games" argument is so silly. Inventory shaffling, eating/drinking, sleeping, peeing/pooing - all this, while realistic, doesn't really add much to the gameplay. In fact, it detracts from it, as it forces the player to do mundane things that are in no way interesting.

Like having some poor warrior walking around the dungeon with 300 lbs of rusty weapons is somehow realistic or immersive.

There are tools other than inventory shaffling to make a game feel more immersive.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 13, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »

For me, I'm 100% fine with the realism taking a back seat to the fun.  Even in classic RPGs, there are plenty of concessions made to reality in the name of fun.  

I think a combined inventory can be perfectly acceptable and retain a nod towards reality.  Of course, a weak mage can't carry 100lbs of stuff.  So you have a burly fighter.  Lets say that each pound of carrying capacity is one block.  Really, what's the difference between having the fighter's 100 blocks on one screen and the mage's 50 blocks on another, and having them all lumped together? In reality, if the mage couldn't carry something, he'd just hand it to the fighter, as everyone's stuff is basically communal anyway.  Forcing the player to do this inventory juggling manually just adds an unnecessary step.

Where do you draw the line between reality that's fun and reality that's not fun? That's a slippery slope too.  If you start going for reality in everything, pretty soon you have to start monitoring your party's hunger and bladder levels, or run the risk of having them pass out or need to pee in the middle of the fight with Foozle.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2009, 05:09:53 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 04:47:49 PM

Okay I'll bite. It adds a sense of realism.

In a game featuring magic and dragons, you are worried about realistic inventory weight and it's effect on the games realism?  Really?

I see it as a concession made more for the console audience than the PC audience. I, for one, don't like consoles influencing my PC games.

Diablo 2 didn't have inventory weight.  All of the Gothics...no inventory weight.  Those weren't console games...the makers of these games just realized that inventory weight just meant having to runn back to town to sell stuff more often.  That's not fun.  It's tedious.
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 13, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »

Considering that this is a Fantasy Roleplaying Game I think we can remove the term realism altogether from the equation smile.

Weight should be factored in somehow though, it's not so much about realise, more about removing cheesy gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:13:21 PM by marcusjm » Logged

Dedicated Gamer - XBL Profile DreamsurferSWE
XFire tag - dreamsurfer
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 13, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

If realism is out the window then why are you even walking from fight to fight? Can't you just instantly teleport? Mundane old walking isn't fun, is it? And those tedious battles. Can't you just click an "auto-resolve" button and move on to the next action sequence and story event? The AI can handle gear choices, right? There is an "auto-equip" button isn't there? Refine things enough and you'll be watching a "choose your own adventure" movie instead of playing a RPG.   icon_lol

Anyway, I obviously stepped on someone's kitten by criticizing a few aspects of Dragon Age so I'll just leave it be. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game, but I doubt it will become my top RPG of all time. That's good enough for me.  Tongue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: October 13, 2009, 05:34:14 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 05:23:12 PM

Anyway, I obviously stepped on someone's kitten by criticizing a few aspects of Dragon Age so I'll just leave it be.

I don't think that's what happened. It seems people here just feel your opinion in this matter is somewhat misguided. I myself agree with them. Managing endless inventory clutter across several characters (and taking weight into account) and having an interface that occupies 1/4 of the screen might have been acceptable 10 years ago, but nowadays we have so many new, shiny games to choose between that such things become tedium when you really just want to fight another enemy or see the next part of the story. Realism is a good thing in all games, even fantasy (I prefer low-fantasy myself), but I don't need a realistic inventory management system for me to feel involved in the setting. I'd rather have the game hand out less crap loot. In my D&D 4E campaign for example, my players never loot non-magical equipment, which means they're carrying around very little equipment at all times. I don't even care what their encumbrance is as long as the players don't attempt to abuse the system.

I do wish there were more turn-based RPGs though. Pausable realtime isn't even close to being turn-based, despite what some people seem to think (hint: It's TURN-based. As in "taking turns").
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 13, 2009, 05:37:25 PM »

You don't even need a fantasy world for teleportation(where it certainly makes sense). That function can be found in Fallout3 as well.
Fast travel exists in most CRPG.s in fact.

In normal RPGs it was even faster, didn't even have load times slywink.

I have played tons of pen and paper RPGs and not once did I play them because I loved shuffling around stats, noting down sword weights etc. I played because I had alot of fun bickering with other players and experiencing some cool story the DM made up (before some rulebook fanatic ruined it at least).

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:40:32 PM by marcusjm » Logged

XFire tag - dreamsurfer
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »

On the sparklies - you'll appreciate it when you see the size of this world.  Not having to click on every object on the planet is a good thing. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 05:23:12 PM

I obviously stepped on someone's kitten by criticizing a few aspects of Dragon Age so I'll just leave it be.

Odd. After reading the posts leading up to this one, I was sitting here thinking "damn, did Bioware step on Aganazer's kitten or something just because they went for a less obtrusive interface design than the old BG2 one for Dragon Age?!" icon_twisted

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 13, 2009, 05:34:14 PM

having an interface that occupies 1/4 of the screen

If you think that's what I want then I've been terribly misinterpreted. The mini-map and hotbar are only half of what reminds me of WoW. The sparkly corpses in particular are what triggered the thought. Knightshade Dragon, who has played the game even agreed that the interface felt WoW-ish. Other than the cheeky "god help us if its the new standard" comment it wasn't even intended to be as much of an insult as it was an observation. As I said, its only bad if WoW has influenced the game too much.

Quote from: marcusjm on October 13, 2009, 05:37:25 PM

You don't even need a fantasy world for teleportation(where it certainly makes sense). That function can be found in Fallout3 as well.

And not so surprisingly, Fallout 3 is also a console game. Most PC RPG's have justified quick travel with at least a spell or portal of some sort.

Quote from: Eightball on October 13, 2009, 05:09:53 PM

In a game featuring magic and dragons, you are worried about realistic inventory weight and it's effect on the games realism?  Really?

Weight is only one of many ways to add realism. I'm pretty sure it has been present in other Bioware RPG's and the NWN games. I don't remember it sucking too bad in those games.

Besides weight, its even more immersion breaking that these items just exist in aether somewhere and don't occupy space in anyone's inventory.

But I'd like to reiterate that its not THAT big of a deal. Its just one of many concessions that a game can make. To some extent concessions are necessary, but how many of these concessions does a game need before its so abstract that its more of a Gauntlet or Diablo style RPG and can no longer be compared to games like Baulder's Gate or the Ultima games?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »

character creator is out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 05:55:24 PM

But I'd like to reiterate that its not THAT big of a deal. Its just one of many concessions that a game can make. To some extent concessions are necessary, but how many of these concessions does a game need before its so abstract that its more of a Gauntlet or Diablo style RPG and can no longer be compared to games like Baulder's Gate or the Ultima games?

It really isn't a major point either way, however, I do like the conversation.  I note that you didn't discuss the Gothic inventory system, which is a hard-core PC RPG, yet had an unlimited inventory.  Also, i note that you stated Ultima...didn't most of the Ultima's have an unlimited party inventory (thinking of Ultima 3-5, where you could have up to 99 of each item in a general inventory system).  And didn't Ultima 7 have a "party inventory bag" without weight?  Yes, there was some weight involved with equipped items in the later ultimas, but you could carry everything in the world with you.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2009, 06:13:55 PM »

I still don't see how most of these changes make Dragon Age on the pc any less recognizable of a CRPG.

Daggerfall (1990's) had fast travel, and the Baldur's Gate games had limited fast travel. No portals or spells for these fast travel methods either.
Neverwinter Nights (2002) had a "WoW-like" interface before WoW even existed.
Wizardry 8 (2001) had a mini-map.
The Infinity Engine games (1990's) may not have had sparkly corpses, but if you held down the highlight key (left alt on my configuration), not only did lootable corpses light up like Christmas trees, so did "hidden secrets" (think loose bricks, etc) and switches you could activate in the gameworld.

The only thing that's been brought up so far as a complaint about the game that also bothers me is the shared party inventory during combat. I have no problem with a shared inventory out of combat, but in-combat it makes more sense for each individual to have limited inventory resources during battle.

Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on October 13, 2009, 06:10:49 PM

It really isn't a major point either way, however, I do like the conversation.  I note that you didn't discuss the Gothic inventory system, which is a hard-core PC RPG, yet had an unlimited inventory.  Also, i note that you stated Ultima...didn't most of the Ultima's have an unlimited party inventory (thinking of Ultima 3-5, where you could have up to 99 of each item in a general inventory system).  And didn't Ultima 7 have a "party inventory bag" without weight?  Yes, there was some weight involved with equipped items in the later ultimas, but you could carry everything in the world with you.

Its not ideal in Risen. Too often I would simply click-click loot all without even considering what I looted. I would have preferred a weight cap of some sort, but I also understand that weight caps make more sense in a party based game where you have more weight sharing options between your characters. There are two other reasons I overlooked it in Risen. For one, its my character's inventory and not my party's inventory that can magically teleport to whoever needs something. And for two, every item in that inventory has a 3D model and can be represented in the game world. The items aren't just icons with stats.

I've never minded weight caps on inventory. Many, maybe even most, in depth RPGs have had weight. Its been a staple of D&D games for as long as I can remember. Even in Oblivion it was a real trade off when developing a character. It was something you needed to consider and make some hard choices about. Critical decisions like that are part of what makes a game great.

I'd also like to point out that its not necessarily the lack of weight that I even noticed in Dragon Age. For all I know there IS a weight cap on the combined inventory. What doesn't sit well with me is really just this idea that inventory exists in game-aether until needed instead of existing on my characters somewhere.

Finding and expanding bag space has always been a game mechanic in most popular RPG's. Even the games at the lower end of complexity like WoW and Diablo have inventory mechanics. For Dragon Age to not have inventory mechanics when most games do, is saying something. I'm not sure what it means quite yet since I haven't played it, but it could be one of many convenience features that set it apart from traditional RPG games. From the sound of things most gamers will welcome this change. If it becomes a standard for all party based RPG's then I will sadly miss the days of realism in RPG's where inventory had a meaning.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2009, 06:43:41 PM »

And not so surprisingly, Fallout 3 is also a console game. Most PC RPG's have justified quick travel with at least a spell or portal of some sort.

Fast travel certainly isn't unique to console games.  Hell, Daggerfall, which was PC-only, had the option to fast travel.  I think including the fast-travel option has been present in most games that feature a large open world where manually walking across a map that would take multiple hours.  It's the equivalent of pen and paper RPGs abstracting the trip from town to the dungeon.

Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2009, 06:49:24 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 13, 2009, 06:43:41 PM

Fast travel certainly isn't unique to console games.  Hell, Daggerfall, which was PC-only, had the option to fast travel.  I think including the fast-travel option has been present in most games that feature a large open world where manually walking across a map that would take multiple hours.  It's the equivalent of pen and paper RPGs abstracting the trip from town to the dungeon.

Do I really need to list all the games that don't have unjustified fast travel or are you satisfied knowing that there are in fact a few games that do have fast travel? Would you agree or disagree that console titles are more likely to have this sort of convenience feature?

This is getting way off topic anyway especially since I have no idea what travel options exist in Dragon Age. I only used it as an example of a convenience feature that we see on these cross platform RPG's.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »

Well, actually, IIRC Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 also had fast travel. And no portal spell.

BTW I also do enjoy this conversation.

I disagree with the arguments that are supposed to support the 2 statements in question - the game looks like WoW-clone and the game is "consolized". Both statements are highly popular these days and are being (mis)used left and right.

WoW did not invent highlighted corpses, minimap, hotbars, etc., so it's not fair to state that any game that uses these UI elements looks like WoW. Besides, what exactly is an alternative to a hotbar?

Similarly, fast travel and no inventory management were used in PC games way before "console-itis" was a concern. So far, in all the gameplay trailers, I haven't noticed the usual "console-itis" symptoms - huge font, awkward mouse support, simplified character development/customization, etc.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2009, 06:54:01 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer
This is getting way off topic anyway especially since I have no idea what travel options exist in Dragon Age. I only used it as an example of a convenience feature that we see on these cross platform RPG's.

That's why I listed no less than three classic CRPG games with fast travel options.

I actually like a lot of the same classic features as you are advocating, Aganazer. I'll take a Wizardry over a Mass Effect almost any day of the week. However, the point you seem to be trying to make (that Dragon Age is abandoning things that make CRPG's, well, CRPG's, in order to "fit" on a console) is, largely, moot. That's all I'm contending, and is why I listed the games I did to show that Bioware is simply taking elements from other CRPG's for the most part, not necessarily from "dumbed-down" games.

So while I'm excited for Dragon Age, I also have to ask: where's my Wizardry 9?! crybaby

Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on October 13, 2009, 06:53:16 PM

I disagree with the arguments that are supposed to support the 2 statements in question - the game looks like WoW-clone and the game is "consolized". Both statements are highly popular these days and are being (mis)used left and right.

WoW did not invent highlighted corpses, minimap, hotbars, etc., so it's not fair to state that any game that uses these UI elements looks like WoW. Besides, what exactly is an alternative to a hotbar?

When you see sparkles on lootable corpses, an exp bar divided into 10 "bubbles", a minimap in the upper right corner, a hotbar at the bottom of the screen that contains special attacks (even the icons contribute), and party member character portraits overlayed on the upper left side of the screen, guess which game comes to mind? I guess I could have said that the interface has elements of various other RPG's over the last 20 years, but it just so happens that I have seen all of these elements combined in one place before.... in WoW! I should have been more specific that I was talking about some interface elements and that it may not reflect the entire game. Still though, I stand by what I said. The interface reminds me a LOT of WoW, much more than it reminds me of any other RPG including Bioware's other RPG games. Even Mass Effect had a very different looking interface and Bioware didn't copy that at all. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who sees the resemblance.

Quote from: Farscry on October 13, 2009, 06:54:01 PM

I actually like a lot of the same classic features as you are advocating, Aganazer. I'll take a Wizardry over a Mass Effect almost any day of the week. However, the point you seem to be trying to make (that Dragon Age is abandoning things that make CRPG's, well, CRPG's, in order to "fit" on a console) is, largely, moot. That's all I'm contending, and is why I listed the games I did to show that Bioware is simply taking elements from other CRPG's for the most part, not necessarily from "dumbed-down" games.

Good point. I guess it doesn't help that I am comparing it to WoW either considering that WoW is a PC game. I think I am wary of anything that is cross platform. In this case I just get the feeling that they are making concession to give the game mass appeal. Whether its a result of being a console game or just a desire to for them to make a popular game, I don't know. I just get that itch.

I should have known better than to imply anything bad about Dragon Age based on a gameplay video. I think I may be the first person I have ever seen on the whole internet that isn't just gushing about how great it will be. I had nearly given up on modern RPG's until I played Risen. I can only hope that Dragon Age impresses me the same.

I know one thing though. When I see those sparkly corpses I'll think of WoW. And then I try to jump off a bridge and hit some invisible wall I'll think of every console port that Bioware ever produced. When I pull those healing pots out of my combined inventory "game-aether" I'll wonder just where they came from. When I insta-travel across the map I'll wonder why I didn't run into the same hazards I would have on foot. I'll get over it and hopefully enjoy myself, but I'll be thinking it none the less.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:30:05 PM by Aganazer » Logged
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 07:24:38 PM

I had nearly given up on modern RPG's until I played Risen. I can only hope that Dragon Age impresses me the same.

Wait!  You liked Risen, even though Risen had an unlimited inventory?

slywink
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on October 13, 2009, 07:44:20 PM

I had nearly given up on modern RPG's until I played Risen. I can only hope that Dragon Age impresses me the same.

slywink

Not to mention that Risen is cross-platform and I've seen some people assign the things they don't like to that fact.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2009, 07:53:51 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on October 13, 2009, 07:48:34 PM

Wait!  You liked Risen, even though Risen had an unlimited inventory?

slywink

Not to mention that Risen is cross-platform and I've seen some people assign the things they don't like to that fact.

The real irony is that Risen may be the first game where the console port is the one that got the poor PC interface and bad performance instead of the PC getting the poor console interface and bad performance.  icon_twisted

I get the impression that both Arx Fatalis and Risen were both designed as PC games first, then got console ports instead of the other way around.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »

Quote from: Aganazer on October 13, 2009, 07:53:51 PM

I get the impression that both Arx Fatalis and Risen were both designed as PC games first, then got console ports instead of the other way around.

Dragon Age is the same- PC first with the console version being a port. 
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »

slywink

I love Risen's unlimited inventory. It is a godsend for packrats everywhere.
marcusjm

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

I always liked the inventory system in JA2 myself. Good compromise there.
There wasn't much I didn't love about JA2 though slywink.

XFire tag - dreamsurfer
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »

When you see sparkles on lootable corpses, an exp bar divided into 10 "bubbles", a minimap in the upper right corner, a hotbar at the bottom of the screen that contains special attacks (even the icons contribute), and party member character portraits overlayed on the upper left side of the screen, guess which game comes to mind? I guess I could have said that the interface has elements of various other RPG's over the last 20 years, but it just so happens that I have seen all of these elements combined in one place before.... in WoW!

So? Does it mean that nowadays, if a game designer thinks that his game should display these UI elements, he should place them differently just to avoid looking similar to WoW? And every game should go to some weird extent just to have an original UI? Triangle icons in a hotbar located on top of the screen?

Nobody is arguing the fact that DA:O's (and a dozen other RPG's) UI looks similar to WoW. It does. However, you see it as the end of CRPG's (I am referring to "god help us all" comment) and I don't. As long as the gameplay is different. smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »

wait.. people don't sparkle when they die?  what the hell have I been taking.....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2009, 12:21:45 AM »

along with the aforementioned character creator they've also launched a social network

Because I can,
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2009, 01:34:51 AM »

I should have known better than to imply anything bad about Dragon Age based on a gameplay video. I think I may be the first person I have ever seen on the whole internet that isn't just gushing about how great it will be. I had nearly given up on modern RPG's until I played Risen. I can only hope that Dragon Age impresses me the same.

See, you're fine when you make reasoned comments, then you start into the emo-teen bit and just lose me. icon_wink

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2009, 02:08:04 AM »

Quote from: StriderGG on October 14, 2009, 12:08:42 AM

When you see sparkles on lootable corpses, an exp bar divided into 10 "bubbles", a minimap in the upper right corner, a hotbar at the bottom of the screen that contains special attacks (even the icons contribute), and party member character portraits overlayed on the upper left side of the screen, guess which game comes to mind? I guess I could have said that the interface has elements of various other RPG's over the last 20 years, but it just so happens that I have seen all of these elements combined in one place before.... in WoW!

So? Does it mean that nowadays, if a game designer thinks that his game should display these UI elements, he should place them differently just to avoid looking similar to WoW? And every game should go to some weird extent just to have an original UI? Triangle icons in a hotbar located on top of the screen?

Nobody is arguing the fact that DA:O's (and a dozen other RPG's) UI looks similar to WoW. It does. However, you see it as the end of CRPG's (I am referring to "god help us all" comment) and I don't. As long as the gameplay is different. smile

And FPS should not use WASD key because then it'll be too similar to other FPS? smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2009, 04:13:40 AM »

potentially NSFW take on the Brood Mother:

Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:18:33 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on October 14, 2009, 12:08:42 AM

Okay I see. I thought you were disagreeing with me about it looking like WoW. All along we were actually on the same page.

From two other posts:
The only issue I might have is if WoW influences the game in too many ways.

As I said, its only bad if WoW has influenced the game too much.

Its just a bit of miscommunication after all.  icon_biggrin
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 15, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »

Dude, it's the 15th! Where is the second part of the preview?! smile

I can't wait.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 15, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »

the got 4 more music tracks availbale for listening on the main site.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 15, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on October 15, 2009, 01:02:41 PM

I can't wait.

+1  Ron is slacking WTF!!!   Tongue   crybaby  2nd preview up, please!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 15, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 15, 2009, 02:38:17 PM

Quote from: StriderGG on October 15, 2009, 01:02:41 PM

I can't wait.

+1  Ron is slacking WTF!!!   Tongue   crybaby  2nd preview up, please!

yah, seriously, it's already the 16th in Sydney Australia! icon_wink

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 15, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 15, 2009, 02:34:38 PM

Any word on who the composer is? 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 15, 2009, 03:02:13 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 15, 2009, 02:51:47 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 15, 2009, 02:34:38 PM

Any word on who the composer is? 

Iron Zur.  he's done a lot of stuff.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: