http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 07:59:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawke's Adventure (formerly know as Dragon Age II) - Impressions! Mods!  (Read 44511 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 25, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »

finally getting back to this.  after an incident with Bethany I got curious and looked her up on the Dragon Age Wiki, and wow, they sure made a lot of possible choices for her gameplay wise.

Spoiler for end of Act 1:
alas, I took her to the Deep Roads without Anders.

still, looks like BiowarEA has written the game off with no new DLC or even a full expansion like Origins got.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 20, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »

in what is probably the last bit of Dragon Age 2 news they've released patch 1.04 and announced that there was going to be an expansion called Exalted March, but it got cancelled.

patch 1.04:

GAMEPLAY

The effect of the Sunder ability now persists properly when saving and loading the game.

QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)

When Isabela is present in "Magistrate's Orders", Bethany no longer receives incorrect friendship or rivalry points for resolving Kelder's fate.
    In "Magistrate's Orders", Carver now receives +5 frienship if Fenris kills Kelder or +10 friendship if the player does so.
    Isabela no longer has a plot marker in the post-game save if the player failed to complete "No Rest for the Wicked".
    Aveline's head no longer vibrates in "Finders Keepers" when conversing with the warehouse guard.
    Ending now has seven different colors.

FUNCTIONALITY

Players who choose not to log in will no longer be presented with recurring Lost Connection errors.
    Certain ambient audio no longer cuts in and out when switching between characters.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "THE EXILED PRINCE"

Sebastian's plot marker, if present, is now removed when bringing him into other downloadable content.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "LEGACY"

Players are no longer able to re-use the Memento of Legacy to access the Legacy downloadable content multiple times in a single playthrough.
    Players now receive an item reward when completing "Malcolm's Honor" with Carver in the party.
    Fixed an issue that was causing close to 200 banter lines between Hawke and the followers not to fire.
    Fixed a case where certain follower banter wouldn't appear when playing from a post-game save.
    Isabela's romance banter now properly checks to see if the player is still eligible for romance with her.
    Fenris's romance banter now properly checks to see if Fenris and the player slept together but have not yet made up in Act 3.
    A ghostly Bethany no longer joins in conversations from beyond the grave.
    Sebastian and Anders no longer talk about Bethany or Carver as if they're not present.
    Carver no longer mentions his and Hawke's mother after her death.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "MARK OF THE ASSASSIN"

We have fixed a save-game corruption issue that was occurring for a small number of users in the autosave immediately following the dungeon capture scene.

PC/MAC-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY

Players can now disable the snap feature for area-of-effect attacks by holding the 'shift' key.
    Improved resource loading and memory handling in conversation to address sporadic crashes occurring for some users. The bulk of the resulting crashes were occurring in the conversation after the Isabela sex scene in Hawke's Estate and a conversation with Aveline in the Viscount's Keep, after she was promised the job as Captain.
    Improved handling of login, messaging, and authentication during periods of server disruption.

XBOX 360-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY

Improved resource loading and memory handling in conversation to address sporadic crashes occurring for some users. The bulk of the resulting crashes were occurring in the conversation after the Isabela sex scene in Hawke's Estate and a conversation with Aveline in the Viscount's Keep, after she was promised the job as Captain.
    Triggered autosaves now number themselves correctly, ensuring that they're correctly loaded when players choose to "Reload last save".
    Sebastian no longer gets stuck as a locked party member after the completion of his quests.
    Save games will now load properly after switching between Xbox profiles.

PS3-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY

Sebastian no longer gets stuck as a locked party member after the completion of his quests.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 21, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

finally giving this the final push.  I think once I accepted it as a sub-par Near Dragon Age Lite game from BiowarEA it got to be tolerable, with some decent character moments finally showing up towards the end of Act 2 and into Act 3.  I imagine I'm almost done, it seems like they are tying up all the character story arcs.

I did catch a nod towards Dragon Age 3, when, in act 3, I talked to the dwarves (whatshisface and doofy) and whatshisface said they were

Spoiler for Hiden:
heading off to Not-France.

Because I can,
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 21, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »

I just played and finished this a couple of months ago. I thought it was fine and failed to see what all the gnashing of teeth was about. Had a fun time. I thought that was the point. Then again I tend to be more forgiving and less critical that most on gaming forums.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »

Quote from: Greg Wak on January 21, 2013, 04:27:08 PM

I just played and finished this a couple of months ago. I thought it was fine and failed to see what all the gnashing of teeth was about. Had a fun time. I thought that was the point. Then again I tend to be more forgiving and less critical that most on gaming forums.

I'm with you on this one. I can see what people were complaining about, but those things never really bothered me. I thought the fast combat carried the day.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1165 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »

Eh, I liked DA2, I just think that the only thing they should carry over into 3 is the faster combat.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on January 21, 2013, 08:25:02 PM

Eh, I liked DA2, I just think that the only thing they should carry over into 3 is the faster combat.

I thought that the combat, along with everything else in the game, was a major step down from DA1. However, where the other features are more obviously worse than DA1, the combat gives a positive first impression that muddles the issue. It's only after getting about halfway through the game that you'll realize you're doing the exact same thing every battle because your entire party is built around a certain way to build combos. At least DA1 gave you some flexibility, which made it a far more tactical game. DA2 is all about building the party, with the combat being almost entirely based on that build.

The combo system was a decent idea, but it was executed poorly. I can't really imagine a way for them to salvage it, so I'd rather they dropped it altogether.

Then again, I have no plans of getting DA3. Bioware has ruined their reputation in my eyes, and I won't touch their games unless they turn out to be the second coming, and even then I'll likely wait for a bargain.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 21, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 21, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

It's only after getting about halfway through the game that you'll realize you're doing the exact same thing every battle because your entire party is built around a certain way to build combos. At least DA1 gave you some flexibility, which made it a far more tactical game. DA2 is all about building the party, with the combat being almost entirely based on that build.

this.  I just let everyone run loose for the goons and then select everyone to focus on the big bad guy if one shows up.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the latest patch, but since I started playing again I've noticed that the auto attack for whatever character you are currently controlling sometimes stops working and I'll have to keep on clicking on the same enemy.

I remember them saying they learned their lessons about re-using the same levels over and over.  last night I visited the same warehouse twice in a row for two quests, and then got to visit the same cave system twice in a row (one for the continuation of one of the quests that took me to the same warehouse).  dead horse one last time: you can't use the same cave, warehouse, mansion or sewers over and over without getting rightfully labeled as lazy.

heck, I'm tempted to rename the game 'Hawke's Adventure' and not even refer to it as a Dragon Age game.  as a matter of fact....

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »

I've made a couple comments recently about what a dull and petulant character Assassin's Creed III's protagonist is, but in the interest of clarity, let me say that if Connor were to launch into a full-on temper tantrum, lying on his belly and beating his fists against the ground like a squalling three-year-old, he would still be a more appealing character than Hawke.

Hawke remains the most detestable character I have played in at least ten years.  I can only pray Dragon Age III concludes its tutorial by having your new hero lop her smug, condescending head from her shoulders.

-Autistic Angel
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 22, 2013, 01:38:23 AM »

They definitely cut corners in DA2, especially the generic level designs.  I read an interview about DA3 where the developers admitted as much, and were promising a more varied experience, with no repeated levels.  That and the waves of enemies that appear out of thin air, or magically leap out of buildings were the 2 biggest complaints I had about DA2.    
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: January 23, 2013, 02:40:29 AM »

and done.  interesting bit at the end:

Spoiler for Hiden:
both the Warden and Hawke are missing?

Quote from: Gratch on April 17, 2011, 04:55:12 AM

EDIT:  One of my biggest annoyances, storywise:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I really wanted to kill Anders after he blew up the Chantry, but since the designers decided that he was going to be the only character with any sort of healing ability, I felt like i had to take him with me.  That really bugged me, and left a rather sour taste towards the end.

yeah, I made that choice based on the exact same idea.  it wasn't about morals, just the fact that I needed a healer and there was only one choice.

on the end of the game:

Spoiler for Hiden:
so basically you kill both the Mage and Templar leaders no matter which way things go?  I chose to help the Mages btw, figured it'd be fun to see Thedas burn.

all in all this felt more like a mediocre piece of fan fiction (especially the cameos from Origins, most of them felt really tacked on).  I have the DLC adventures, and already did the one set in the prison.  figure I'll do the Felicia Day one and call it a....um.... day.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: