http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Age Countdown  (Read 25803 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »

hmm, not to step on anyone's toes, but this makes me glad I decided to get the PC version, even with the occasional graphics lag. The battle you speak of, I completed on "Normal". It wasnt easy, but it wasnt impossible either - I really think the pc is easier to use in the battles.

Btw - I heard you cannot start a second character on the xbox, since that will overwrite the old saveslot, is that so?

A new one
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2009, 01:15:12 PM »

I think you are right.  It feels like the game was balanced for the PC.  Since the way actions are controlled on the console are different I think it just is often mismatched. Of course many reviews have said that the battles often too hard then too easy.  It seems like something they didn't do a great job of tweaking.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »

it's ok, consoles got Call of Duty Modern warfare 2, PC got Dragon age smile
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2009, 03:40:04 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 11, 2009, 07:50:19 AM

hmm, not to step on anyone's toes, but this makes me glad I decided to get the PC version, even with the occasional graphics lag. The battle you speak of, I completed on "Normal". It wasnt easy, but it wasnt impossible either - I really think the pc is easier to use in the battles.

Btw - I heard you cannot start a second character on the xbox, since that will overwrite the old saveslot, is that so?

No, that is not true.  I know a guy who has 6 characters going right now.  There are multiple save slots, at least ten if I recall.  The only save that gets overwritten is your auto save.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 11, 2009, 05:40:11 AM

I have to agree with farley.  On Normal, you get so overwhelmed.  4 against 16 is not fair and not fun.  I've been trying to solve this one Chantry Board mission that is near impossible unless you drop down to casual.  Seriously.  9 Hurlocks attacking with 4-5 archers around the perimeter firing at my party and a Hurlok Emissary throwing magic at me from the distance.  Impossible.  Even planning and using tactics.  Impossible.  Had to drop to casual to beat it.  And the next one, my party of four was slaughtered by a pack (i.e., 14 f'ng wolves).  Really?  All at once? 

Awesome game but the combat is ridiculously hard on Normal and too simple on Casual.  I'm so pissed right now.  A fun time is not had by repeating a battle over and over again pushing for almost an hour of real time.  Not fun.

I thought the same thing until I started messing with the tactics for the AI characters.  First thing, you absolutely need a healer.  I use Wynne as mine and her healing spells are maxed out.  She has a group heal as well as a revive spell that can bring you back to life.  So set a mage to heal when you are 50% or lower and you will rarely die, just make sure to set her to drink a potion when she runs out of mana. 

Seriously, the tactics feature is one of the best things I've found in this game and I hardly ever die anymore, even in the real tough boss battles. 
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »

Mages are key.  The lore pretty much hits us over the head with this.  Mages are so powerful and potentially dangerous, they need to be essentially kidnapped as children and locked away in towers.  The power of mages mentioned in the lore or by characters in the story translates directly into the combat.  From my experiences, mages make hard encounters doable, or even trivial. 

Crowd control is key.  Mages have so many spells that stun, sleep, slow, and generally control the battlefield.  I actually recommend including 2 mages in a party, one focused on crowd control and damage and the other focused on healing and damage, with some crowd control.  It makes a WORLD of difference.  I'm learning why mages are so feared in this gameworld, they can make even the toughest bosses and largest packs of baddies seem like fodder.     
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: November 11, 2009, 07:05:14 PM »

I was just about to post on the power of Mages myself. One Sleep spell can lock down an entire group of however many opponents are in its area of affect, and then you can follow up with one that'll stun/fear/make your ally that's guaranteed to work because they're asleep.

Or Cone of Cold, followed up with either a critical hit or a spell out of the Earth line - instant death. Or Grease, followed by Fireball - a flaming mess that they can't get out of. Or just Fireball itself - damage plus knockdown.

Crowd control is extremely important in Dragon Age. And because of it, you will learn to fear mages, no matter which side of the encounter they're on.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2009, 09:45:55 PM »

I see and understand what you guys are saying about Mages and crowd control and healing.  However, I'm early in the game so I don't have all the spells and abilities.  Where the heck is this Wynn?  If she is that valuable where can I find her?  All I have is Morrigan who does not have sleep crowd control spells.  I guess I need to be more patient.

I did start over though now that I'm more familiar with the game mechanics.  Much better now.  I'm using the HOLD feature with my party and sparingly using the tactics in combat.  Basically, I pause at the start of combat holding everyone in place so that I can strategically place them around the battlefield, issue orders for each character and then unpause.  I then control my main character while periodically pausing and checking the others for health and keeping tabs on what they are doing.  I also like the DEFAULT behavior because with that your party does not immediately rush into combat.  They wait for you to issue the first orders.  Big help.

I just wish that you can move a party member to a certain spot on the battlefield while paused.  Unless I'm missing it I don't think you can.

Since I started over I figure I'm going to do the DLC Wardens Keep right after the Grey Warden joining stuff instead of heading right out to Lothering.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on November 11, 2009, 03:46:05 PM

I have to agree with farley.  On Normal, you get so overwhelmed.  4 against 16 is not fair and not fun.  I've been trying to solve this one Chantry Board mission that is near impossible unless you drop down to casual.  Seriously.  9 Hurlocks attacking with 4-5 archers around the perimeter firing at my party and a Hurlok Emissary throwing magic at me from the distance.  Impossible.  Even planning and using tactics.  Impossible.  Had to drop to casual to beat it.  And the next one, my party of four was slaughtered by a pack (i.e., 14 f'ng wolves).  Really?  All at once? 

Awesome game but the combat is ridiculously hard on Normal and too simple on Casual.  I'm so pissed right now.  A fun time is not had by repeating a battle over and over again pushing for almost an hour of real time.  Not fun.

I thought the same thing until I started messing with the tactics for the AI characters.  First thing, you absolutely need a healer.  I use Wynne as mine and her healing spells are maxed out.  She has a group heal as well as a revive spell that can bring you back to life.  So set a mage to heal when you are 50% or lower and you will rarely die, just make sure to set her to drink a potion when she runs out of mana. 

Seriously, the tactics feature is one of the best things I've found in this game and I hardly ever die anymore, even in the real tough boss battles. 

Could you give me a brief explanation of how you use the tactics?  What do you have set up for some of your characters.  That would help tremendously.  Thanks.

XM Channel 76
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2009, 10:28:40 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on November 11, 2009, 09:45:55 PM

I see and understand what you guys are saying about Mages and crowd control and healing.  However, I'm early in the game so I don't have all the spells and abilities.  Where the heck is this Wynn?  If she is that valuable where can I find her?  All I have is Morrigan who does not have sleep crowd control spells.  I guess I need to be more patient.

I just wish that you can move a party member to a certain spot on the battlefield while paused.  Unless I'm missing it I don't think you can.

First off, you can (at least the PC version anyway) - just click on a point of terrain and they'll move there once you unpause the game.

Second off, Morrigan is one power (or is it two) away from learning Sleep when you first get her. Check her lines closely and work towards them. They really change the battlefield.

As far as Wynn goes (just location info below):

Spoiler for Hiden:
When you first get access to the world map, head towards the Mage Tower (or more accurately, the docks outside of said tower). You'll find her within.

Keep in mind though that all she really is is a Mage specced down the healing lines. Any Mage can technically become her given enough levels and such.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 11, 2009, 10:28:40 PM

Quote from: Starshifter on November 11, 2009, 09:45:55 PM

I see and understand what you guys are saying about Mages and crowd control and healing.  However, I'm early in the game so I don't have all the spells and abilities.  Where the heck is this Wynn?  If she is that valuable where can I find her?  All I have is Morrigan who does not have sleep crowd control spells.  I guess I need to be more patient.

I just wish that you can move a party member to a certain spot on the battlefield while paused.  Unless I'm missing it I don't think you can.

First off, you can (at least the PC version anyway) - just click on a point of terrain and they'll move there once you unpause the game.

Second off, Morrigan is one power (or is it two) away from learning Sleep when you first get her. Check her lines closely and work towards them. They really change the battlefield.

As far as Wynn goes (just location info below):

Spoiler for Hiden:
When you first get access to the world map, head towards the Mage Tower (or more accurately, the docks outside of said tower). You'll find her within.

Keep in mind though that all she really is is a Mage specced down the healing lines. Any Mage can technically become her given enough levels and such.

Thanks.  That helps.  I usually auto level my party members (except my character).  Guess I will not do that now.  I don't think you can point to the ground in the console version and have the character move there.  I tried it and it does not work.

XM Channel 76
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

It's worth noting that if you go to get Wynn you will be locked into a very long questline that you cannot back out from. 
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2009, 11:54:20 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 11, 2009, 10:38:55 PM

It's worth noting that if you go to get Wynn you will be locked into a very long questline that you cannot back out from. 

Oh, just wonderful.

XM Channel 76
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »

Quote from: The_Man on November 11, 2009, 03:46:05 PM

I have to agree with Farley.  On Normal, you get so overwhelmed.  4 against 16 is not fair and not fun.  I've been trying to solve this one Chantry Board mission that is near impossible unless you drop down to casual.  Seriously.  9 Hillocks attacking with 4-5 archers around the perimeter firing at my party and a Hulk Emissary throwing magic at me from the distance.  Impossible.  Even planning and using tactics.  Impossible.  Had to drop to casual to beat it.  And the next one, my party of four was slaughtered by a pack (i.e., 14 fang wolves).  Really?  All at once? 

I know the mission you talk of I died 4 times then adjusted my tactics and went through it on normal with no losses... Tactics is king learn it well I took about 30min setting mines up to get it right.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›  ‹(•¿•)›
PS3 Spinks
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 12, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »

even worse, of course, is starting redcliffe...

Spoiler for Hiden:
& then finding out that choosing the option to get what you want from the mage's tower involves you in a very long questline that you cannot back out from, in order to get back to redcliffe & finish what you were up to in the first place - d'oh! smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2009, 01:03:55 AM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on November 12, 2009, 12:28:18 AM

I know the mission you talk of I died 4 times then adjusted my tactics and went through it on normal with no losses... Tactics is king learn it well I took about 30min setting mines up to get it right.

Now I'm curious - what tactics are you running on your team? I'm really only using the basic ones the game uses (with very slight modifications), but I also take full manual control of my team when the stinky stuff hits the rotating piece of enclosed metal. Seems to do me pretty well.

MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2009, 01:18:46 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on November 12, 2009, 12:49:43 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
& then finding out that choosing the option to get what you want from the mage's tower involves you in a very long questline that you cannot back out from, in order to get back to redcliffe & finish what you were up to in the first place - d'oh! smile ...

Oh my god!  You are not kidding there!  I did the exact thing you're talking about here.  I just hope I'm almost done.  Warning!  major spoilers inside about the Circle of Magi questline.  Warning given!
Spoiler for Hiden:
I've wound my way through the tower and have entered The Fade.  I really hope there's not much left there, because I'm ready for this line to be done!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 12, 2009, 01:59:01 AM »

Max, you've got a fair ways to go.  That section is just as long, if not longer.  It's also the low point of the game for many people.  I rather enjoyed it but it's not a section I would really look forward to doing on replays. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2009, 02:26:47 AM »

Quote from: MaxSteele on November 12, 2009, 01:18:46 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Oh my god!  You are not kidding there!  I did the exact thing you're talking about here.  I just hope I'm almost done.  Warning!  major spoilers inside about the Circle of Magi questline.  Warning given!
Spoiler for Hiden:
I've wound my way through the tower and have entered The Fade.  I really hope there's not much left there, because I'm ready for this line to be done!

hehheh... well, all i can say is, if, like kg says, this's the low point of the game, maybe it's not such a bad thing to be done with it early. that said, it's been nice taking a break fron da:o, & also reading people's helpful comments re: command setting - i'm thinking, once i get back to the game, i'll spend some time setting things up a bit & try approaching things differently (again smile )...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2009, 02:38:55 AM »

You know after reading through several threads about the game I really think I would enjoy the PC version more.  The 360 version is fine but I just don't think I am getting the best version...First time I have felt the console version is "gimped" over the PC! 

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2009, 03:16:30 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on November 12, 2009, 02:38:55 AM

You know after reading through several threads about the game I really think I would enjoy the PC version more.  The 360 version is fine but I just don't think I am getting the best version...First time I have felt the console version is "gimped" over the PC!

i've felt that way since my first couple hours with the game. to me, it's basically all about the camera, what you can or can't see, & how that effects the way you approach combat. i think if someone like damage is doing fine, it's because he's over-riding what's there to be seen, & thinking overhead - seriously smile ...

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2009, 03:20:13 AM »

About bloody time us PC gamers got something better than you console folks. Tongue

But yes, the game was clearly designed for the PC. The interface just works out better in the end, IMHO.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2009, 05:24:23 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on November 12, 2009, 03:16:30 AM

i've felt that way since my first couple hours with the game. to me, it's basically all about the camera, what you can or can't see, & how that effects the way you approach combat. i think if someone like damage is doing fine, it's because he's over-riding what's there to be seen, & thinking overhead - seriously smile ...

I'm playing on PC and 99% of the time I keep the camera up close. The overhead view is nice, but you can't see far enough for my tastes. I only use it for tight interiors (Arl of Denerim's place for instance).

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2009, 05:32:14 AM »

i'm playing on PC and have gotten to the point where i'm using a zoomed in view for navigation, but switching to the overhead 'tactical' view when i'm in heavy combat.  maybe it stems from being an addict of the Infinity Engine games, but i like how easily you can view an entire situation from that perspective.  in my opinion, it's much easier to assess and plan when you don't have characters or walls blocking your view, and i can issue orders to each person in my party quickly with just a few clicks and hotkey presses.  granted you can pan the camera to get a good idea of the action on the consoles, but the top-down perspective works so well with mouse control that i can't imagine the action any other way.  that said, i'm guessing both systems work well once you've gotten used to them.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2009, 05:52:29 AM »

Quote from: disarm on November 12, 2009, 05:32:14 AM

i'm playing on PC and have gotten to the point where i'm using a zoomed in view for navigation, but switching to the overhead 'tactical' view when i'm in heavy combat. 

This is exactly what I do.  90% of combat is in top down perspective then I switch regular third person view for exploring.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2009, 06:06:35 AM »

The graphics are good enough that you'll want to use the third person behind view for exploring.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2009, 07:17:45 AM »

I never use top down perspective...I can see fine the other way, and plan fine as well.

A new one
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2009, 09:43:59 AM »

I'm also hardly ever using the top down pulled back view.  I don't know how far the console version lets you pull back, though, as I'm often several notches out from the closest view. 

Besides, you can't see the cool finishing moves very well pulled all the way back.  icon_wink

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »

It isn't just about the camera but that is a huge part.  After I said that though I played another hour or so because aside from combat this game is perfect.  I love the dialogue, I love the story, I even love the graphics! 

Let me describe an early fight and why I just hate it.  I will use spoilers though so no one has to see something they don't want but it is an early fight after the origin story.

Spoiler for Hiden:

So I did the fight where you get Zevran.  I knew it was a trap but I couldn't set my team to hold back, or even to split up because it has a scripted event where they all group together.  When combat started I instantly pulled the trigger to pause and tried to check out the battle field, but even using the d-pad to switch targets I really couldn't get a good feel for it.  Then I issued an order and instantly realtime started again.  I quickly jumped to Morrigan and pause it again and tell her to cast fireball!  Then real time starts again, and suddenly Alistar is dead!  That was fast but things happen really fast and he dies a lot being a tank.  Then suddenly I am stunned, and knocked down, and then dead.  In short order everyone is dead.  I felt frustrated the whole time because I never felt in any tactical control of the fight.  I never felt I could draw my people back to safer positions because I had no way of really looking around to see where those might be, heck I didn't even really know how many people I was fighting! 

I dropped it to casual and I still don't know how many people I was fighting becuase then the fight was over so quickly I didn't even get to count.  It was just stupid easy.  I think I had time to run to one enemy and swing before they were all dead.  I wondered if I turned on God mode! 

All in all it just annoyed the crap out of me that I couldn't move the camera around, that I couldn't easily order each party member and that I never felt like I knew what was going on.   Of course that was the part where I continued to play because Zevran is fun to talk to. 

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 12, 2009, 03:20:13 AM

About bloody time us PC gamers got something better than you console folks. Tongue

Luckily I bought Uncharted 2 from another GTer so I won't be feeling to bad once that arrives.  You should play it...oh wait it doesn't come out on the PC.... smile

MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 12, 2009, 01:59:01 AM

Max, you've got a fair ways to go.  That section is just as long, if not longer.  It's also the low point of the game for many people.  I rather enjoyed it but it's not a section I would really look forward to doing on replays. 

I wouldn't really say it's a 'low point', but I personally don't like getting locked into a quest line where I have to follow it.  And even that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't as long as this section is.  Especially since I came to this area to solve another area.  Spoilers follow describing more of the Mage Tower, not a read for people who haven't finished the whole area:
Spoiler for Hiden:
After getting out of the Fade, I noticed there were an awful lot of permanent stat increase wells all over there.  I'm not sure how unbalanced that will make the game, but my main character's stats are much more elevated than they would have been without those.  And OH MY GOD!  A decision I made had me kill Wynn!  I'm not sure if that's avoidable or not, but man, I really wanted her in my party.  And again, I don't know if it was supposed to happen this way, but one of my warriors finished her by chopping her head off!  That was surprising.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »

Quote from: MaxSteele on November 12, 2009, 01:18:46 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Oh my god!  You are not kidding there!  I did the exact thing you're talking about here.  I just hope I'm almost done.  Warning!  major spoilers inside about the Circle of Magi questline.  Warning given!
Spoiler for Hiden:
I've wound my way through the tower and have entered The Fade.  I really hope there's not much left there, because I'm ready for this line to be done!

Spoiler for Hiden:
heh,even with the guide i was in The Fade for hours,hated every minute of it,and then of course that's when i came across a bug at the end of it(my team didn't show up with me to fight the boss when i had freed them all),and had to reload the last 3 hrs...it has pretty much guaranteed that i wont be playing through this game again anytime soon

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »

Quote from: MaxSteele on November 12, 2009, 05:15:57 PM

I wouldn't really say it's a 'low point', but I personally don't like getting locked into a quest line where I have to follow it.  And even that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't as long as this section is.  Especially since I came to this area to solve another area.  Spoilers follow describing more of the Mage Tower, not a read for people who haven't finished the whole area:
Spoiler for Hiden:
After getting out of the Fade, I noticed there were an awful lot of permanent stat increase wells all over there.  I'm not sure how unbalanced that will make the game, but my main character's stats are much more elevated than they would have been without those.  And OH MY GOD!  A decision I made had me kill Wynn!  I'm not sure if that's avoidable or not, but man, I really wanted her in my party.  And again, I don't know if it was supposed to happen this way, but one of my warriors finished her by chopping her head off!  That was surprising.

That decision is not unavoidable. 
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 12, 2009, 05:25:48 PM

Quote from: MaxSteele on November 12, 2009, 05:15:57 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Always consider the consequences of your decisions. Always, always, always. In the game too. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 12, 2009, 05:25:48 PM

& that statement is not a non-double-negative smile ...

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2009, 07:40:34 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on November 12, 2009, 04:02:05 PM

Quote from: Destructor on November 12, 2009, 03:20:13 AM

Luckily I bought Uncharted 2 from another GTer so I won't be feeling to bad once that arrives.  You should play it...oh wait it doesn't come out on the PC.... smile

Already own it and have beaten it. biggrin

Yes, I do realize that the consoles are the way to play some things. But RPGs for the most part? Give me my PC version. I can't imagine playing the likes of Dragon Age or say Oblivion on a console.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »

I thought I would use the top down view a lot, but I mostly only use it when my view is obstructed by terrain or masses of baddies.  I'm glad we have that option though, because it does come in handy when the 3rd person camera view gets wonky during fights.

I stopped using the select all command last night, and that made a huge difference in my party following through on their tactics setup.

My initial impression of rogue companions up to level 10 was that they just weren't cutting their weight compared to the rest of my team.  And with only 3 npc slots, the choice is tough.  Just as I was starting to feel good about getting ready to boot my rogue out, she siezed a critical opportunity to make a story element signficantly easier because of her rogueish talents.  F**king Bioware! Tongue 

If mages had a knock spell and a disarm trap spell in this game, my rogues would be back at camp turning all of the mushrooms my party finds into souflees.   
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2009, 08:52:56 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 12, 2009, 08:46:22 PM

If mages had a knock spell and a disarm trap spell in this game, my rogues would be back at camp turning all of the mushrooms my party finds into souflees.   

My warrior has Boots of Trap Disarming. He stomps around and wherever he goes traps are no longer armed.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2009, 09:10:22 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 12, 2009, 08:52:56 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on November 12, 2009, 08:46:22 PM

My warrior has Boots of Trap Disarming. He stomps around and wherever he goes traps are no longer armed.

Too bad he can't kick the chests in he finds.

I can summon fire and lightning from my fingertips. My cohort can freeze solid anything she encounters. I have yet another that is made out of solid freakin' granite.

But can we open a locked chest or door? Oh hell no.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »

so, does that mean that playing as a rogue is going to screw me up later on?  i was hoping to take advantage of the long ranch + dual wielding talents the first time out. 

i haven't played much yet, only up past the joining, but i've managed half of my battles without too much difficulty.  mainly, i just need to change my approach from the action heavy games i'm used to.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: