http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 06:44:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/XB1/Ps3/Ps4] Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 9974 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

GameInformer continues their coverage of the game with Building A Dragon Age Rivalry: Mages Versus Templars.   Never did read the Asunder novel, I may have to rectify that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2013, 08:26:31 PM »

A World Unveiled

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »

Here's some early gameplay showing off some battles.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »

Seek the light, for the wicked take root in the darkest corners.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 22, 2013, 07:45:44 PM

Seek the light, for the wicked take root in the darkest corners.

Aaaand Ron gets a new desktop background.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »

creating party members.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2013, 02:19:16 AM »

Dragon Age Keep.  don't have your old saves?  don't worry!

"Within the Keep, fans will be able to customize as much or as little about the world of Thedas as they wish," says Darrah. You don't have to commit to your first run through each of Dragon Age's weighty decisions, either. "You can change your choices to see all of the different opportunities in previous games. Once you start a new game, it will use the choices from the previous games from that moment."

So if you want to tweak the outcome of the Landsmeet or whose side you took in an important debate, you can do so ahead of starting Inquisition. It's not necessarily as elegant as moving your saves straight into a next-gen game, but BioWare wants to ensure you join the world as you last left it -- or build one that's better suited to the sort of story you want to have in Inquisition. Living out what-if stories means discovering what might have been if you'd failed to succeed somewhere, and seeing that through in the next-gen RPG.

Because I can,
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2013, 02:28:31 AM »

That's great.  It'll let me transition from the 360 (where I played Origins and have DA2) to the PS3 (or PS4, should that actually happen.)  That's assuming, of course, that EA doesn't charge $19.99 for it.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »

Quote from: Blackhawk on August 29, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

That's great.  It'll let me transition from the 360 (where I played Origins and have DA2) to the PS3 (or PS4, should that actually happen.)  That's assuming, of course, that EA doesn't charge $19.99 for it.

They had been mispelling it the whole time, who knew?!

"EA- Challenge Everything" -> "EA - Charge for Everything"

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »

Just got back from the DAI showing at PAX. They showed a full game demo, the whole works.

Will do a write up for gt if you want it.

It's looking good guys.

Tactical view is back for all versions of the game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2013, 05:34:49 AM »

here's another preview with some new screens, probably the same stuff Turtle saw.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2013, 03:40:35 PM »

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeZbGRglWs&feature=youtu.be
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »

It actually looks pretty good but it doesn’t appear to have many of the elements that I loved in Origins.  I can enjoy it for what it is but it makes me sad that we’re unlikely to ever get a true follow up to that.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2013, 05:41:39 PM »

'this are is bigger than all of Dragon Age 2'.... does that include the areas fleshed out by copying them over and over again? slywink

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2013, 05:41:39 PM

'this are is bigger than all of Dragon Age 2'.... does that include the areas fleshed out by copying them over and over again? slywink

That's exactly what I was thinking when he said that. Not hard to make a bigger world than DA2.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 01, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2013, 05:41:39 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when he said that. Not hard to make a bigger world than DA2.

He also said that the area in question was "far from the largest" area in the game.

It actually looks pretty good but it doesn’t appear to have many of the elements that I loved in Origins.  I can enjoy it for what it is but it makes me sad that we’re unlikely to ever get a true follow up to that.

Have you seen the video that shows the tactical combat view?  It looks very similar to Origins.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 02, 2013, 09:30:33 AM

It actually looks pretty good but it doesn’t appear to have many of the elements that I loved in Origins.  I can enjoy it for what it is but it makes me sad that we’re unlikely to ever get a true follow up to that.

Have you seen the video that shows the tactical combat view?  It looks very similar to Origins.

Link? The video linked to above looks like even more of an abomination than Dragon Age 2 was. I was cautiously optimistic due to the things being said about the game so far, but this video didn't remind me in the slightest of Dragon Age Origins. It also looks like we'll once again get the Bioware conversation wheel that has gone from novel to a system to clearly identify the "alignment" of each option, turning dialogue into a numbers game instead of roleplaying. Mass Effect 3 suffered particularly hard from this.

And the large areas they're bragging about? In this video they are mostly empty terrain. I actually like that because it makes stuff feel more real, but the way the developers are talking about it, they're clearly trying to angle it so people think it's the amount of content that is larger than the previous games combined in this area alone.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »

I hope they release a better version of the demo video at some point.  it doesn't look bad but I'd like to see it full screen, not an angled shot like they have.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 02, 2013, 10:04:50 AM

Quote from: EddieA on September 02, 2013, 09:30:33 AM

Link?
Jump to 4:15 in this video.  It looks like the game even encourages you to use it, as there's a battle at the end of the video that seems like it would be tough to pull off in the standard third-person view. 

It also looks like we'll once again get the Bioware conversation wheel that has gone from novel to a system to clearly identify the "alignment" of each option, turning dialogue into a numbers game instead of roleplaying.
I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but there's now an option to have each choice spell out specifically what will happen if you choose it.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 02, 2013, 12:19:33 PM

It also looks like we'll once again get the Bioware conversation wheel that has gone from novel to a system to clearly identify the "alignment" of each option, turning dialogue into a numbers game instead of roleplaying.
I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but there's now an option to have each choice spell out specifically what will happen if you choose it.

That's part of the problem. Clear consequences make the choices feel like a spreadsheet instead of something more dynamic, such as the choices you make in The Witcher. In Mass Effect 3, almost every choice was either Paragon (in the upper right side of the wheel), Renegade (in the lower right side of the wheel), or more information (every other choice, which would eventually return you to the basic two choices). There were very, very few exceptions to this, apart from the occasional blue or red option. If you wanted to play a Renegade, all you had to do was click the lower right option, or the red option if it was available. That was more or less it for the entire game. The same for Paragon, only using the upper right and blue options. It was as shallow as it gets. Real choice should make you think. I've seen nothing about Dragon Age or Bioware's modern RPG design that indicates they have the faintest idea how to do this.

By the way, Mass Effect 1 managed to use the conversation wheel and make it at least slightly unpredictable. Mass Effect 2 standardized it but still kept some degree of unpredictability.
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 02, 2013, 01:21:18 PM

Quote from: EddieA on September 02, 2013, 12:19:33 PM

That's part of the problem. Clear consequences make the choices feel like a spreadsheet instead of something more dynamic, such as the choices you make in The Witcher. In Mass Effect 3, almost every choice was either Paragon (in the upper right side of the wheel), Renegade (in the lower right side of the wheel), or more information (every other choice, which would eventually return you to the basic two choices). There were very, very few exceptions to this, apart from the occasional blue or red option. If you wanted to play a Renegade, all you had to do was click the lower right option, or the red option if it was available. That was more or less it for the entire game. The same for Paragon, only using the upper right and blue options. It was as shallow as it gets. Real choice should make you think. I've seen nothing about Dragon Age or Bioware's modern RPG design that indicates they have the faintest idea how to do this.

By the way, Mass Effect 1 managed to use the conversation wheel and make it at least slightly unpredictable. Mass Effect 2 standardized it but still kept some degree of unpredictability.

I absolutely agree.  The roleplaying aspect of games should include consideration of what you're saying and of the decisions you're making.  You should be deciding what makes the most sense for your character to say and what the consequences of each of the options are.  Recent Bioware games don't have that.  I just started ME3.  My Commander Shepard is a good guy, continuing saves all the way from the beginning.  Every dialogue option I make in ME3 will be upper right on the wheel.  It makes thinking through your choices irrelevant, as you know in advance which one is going to be the asshole response and which is going to be the good guy response.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2013, 08:36:40 PM »

30 minutes of footage.

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »

Quote from: Blackhawk on September 02, 2013, 02:51:10 PM

I absolutely agree.  The roleplaying aspect of games should include consideration of what you're saying and of the decisions you're making.  You should be deciding what makes the most sense for your character to say and what the consequences of each of the options are.  Recent Bioware games don't have that.  I just started ME3.  My Commander Shepard is a good guy, continuing saves all the way from the beginning.  Every dialogue option I make in ME3 will be upper right on the wheel.  It makes thinking through your choices irrelevant, as you know in advance which one is going to be the asshole response and which is going to be the good guy response.

To Bioware's credit, that's still a step up from Dragon Age 2 in which every version of Hawke was an unconscionable asshole, and the response choices were limited to Sanctimony, Smarmy, or Dickish.

-Autistic Angel
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2013, 01:47:01 AM »

Not going to say it. I promised myself I'd be nice.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2013, 02:29:07 AM »

Quote from: Purge on November 13, 2013, 01:47:01 AM

Not going to say it. I promised myself I'd be nice.

was it Sanctimony, Smarmy, or Dickish?

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2013, 02:34:53 AM »

Naw, I was going to fill in names. Hint: I was going to use yours and mine to fill in 2 of the 3 spots.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2013, 02:35:48 AM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2013, 03:30:16 AM »

good ol Purge, stirring the pot into a thick sludge of concentrated evil.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2013, 03:48:39 AM »

Hey! It's number three! (well, maybe not 3 ... that's my seat) biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:15 AM »

I prefer the U2K, Lorax and Soup options.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »

That footage is the same as the stuff they showed at PAX Prime this year.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
:)
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »

missed this when sharing the pic, but there is also a new blog, courtesy of Facebook.

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »

I like his sharp pokey hat, it matches his stick.  Kickass weeds too.   
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2014, 12:07:39 AM »

There are some new details here regarding which areas of the world will be included, companions, dialogue, and multiple endings.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »

40 endings... Roll Eyes

Many people felt they dropped the ball with Mass Effects possible endings and now they are going to claim to offer 40 different ones.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »

They later clarified the information about the endings.  There will only be a few unique endings, while the rest will be variations on these based on your decisions throughout the game.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2014, 11:50:18 AM »

Here is the gorgeous-looking box art.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2014, 02:46:57 PM »

Kotaku has some more details about the game

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »

Announced today, exclusive to Gamestop for $169.99

Includes:
The Inquisitor's Edition comes in a faux reptile skin Inquisitor Collector's Edition case. It contains a cloth map of Thedas, 72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck, full scale six tool lock pick set and a set of four full scale map markers. The package also includes an Inquisitor's Badge, quill and inkpot, 40-page Inquisitor's Journal, Orlesian Coins and limited edition SteelBook case.

Damn, this is pretty cool.  That price is a bit rich, especially considering how much of a not-quite-sure thing the game is.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: