http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 10:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DOA 4 ....another delay....  (Read 1059 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4217


View Profile
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:50:10 AM »

*sigh*

Another week another DOA 4 delay....

Just checked Gamestop and now they have it as shipping on the 28th....which may or may not hold this time. What the heck is up with this game. Why do they keep pushing it back?

Missing the Japan launch was not good at all for Microsoft. You would think a fighting game wouldn't be all that hard to get out on time...
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
The_Man
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 743



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:23:37 PM »

EB is still showing the 21st, but I have not doubt that will change.  From what I have read, they are trying to tighten up the Xbox Live portion of the game.
Logged
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4850


Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 03:10:04 PM »

I thought it was weird when Gamestop pushed it back one week the last time considering that it came on the heels of an announced 2 week delay in Japan. Hopefully this one sticks.
Logged

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Victoria Raverna
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1091


Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 05:32:53 AM »

They probably still have some glitch with the breast bouncing code.
Logged
CrayolaSmoker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3614

Sponge Bath Slut


View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:17:50 AM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
They probably still have some glitch with the breast bouncing code.

Like most of those playing would even know.  :wink:
Logged

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 18537



View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
They probably still have some glitch with the breast bouncing code.


mmmmm, glitch....
Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4217


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 01:13:14 AM »

*sigh*

Looks like another delay is on the way....got this from another forum. Looks like it may slip again until Early Jan. The game is done....but MS is holding up the game now.

Quote
The XBL component for DoA4 was meant to go live on December 14th. However, most of the Xbox Live team (having been in crunch mode for the last six-plus months) are currently on vacation, and as such Microsoft is unable to get the services online until people come back from their holiday. As such, the game will not be available until early January 2006. The initial hiccup got it 'delayed' until the 28th, and due to the holidays everything is lagged until after the new year.


It's funny the only reasons that I wanted a Xbox 360 are Oblivion and DOA4....both of which are nowhere to be found now after being promoted as guaranteed launch day games.

Bah.
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6073


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 12:51:39 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
*sigh*

Looks like another delay is on the way....got this from another forum. Looks like it may slip again until Early Jan. The game is done....but MS is holding up the game now.

Quote
The XBL component for DoA4 was meant to go live on December 14th. However, most of the Xbox Live team (having been in crunch mode for the last six-plus months) are currently on vacation, and as such Microsoft is unable to get the services online until people come back from their holiday. As such, the game will not be available until early January 2006. The initial hiccup got it 'delayed' until the 28th, and due to the holidays everything is lagged until after the new year.


It's funny the only reasons that I wanted a Xbox 360 are Oblivion and DOA4....both of which are nowhere to be found now after being promoted as guaranteed launch day games.

Bah.


And are you enjoying the 360 despite this?  I think most of us are.
Logged
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4217


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Quote from: "Hetz"
*sigh*

Looks like another delay is on the way....got this from another forum. Looks like it may slip again until Early Jan. The game is done....but MS is holding up the game now.

Quote
The XBL component for DoA4 was meant to go live on December 14th. However, most of the Xbox Live team (having been in crunch mode for the last six-plus months) are currently on vacation, and as such Microsoft is unable to get the services online until people come back from their holiday. As such, the game will not be available until early January 2006. The initial hiccup got it 'delayed' until the 28th, and due to the holidays everything is lagged until after the new year.


It's funny the only reasons that I wanted a Xbox 360 are Oblivion and DOA4....both of which are nowhere to be found now after being promoted as guaranteed launch day games.

Bah.


And are you enjoying the 360 despite this?  I think most of us are.


Oh yes I am....but I am just a little ticked that the most hyped games for launch are nowhere to be found....and in the case of Oblivion, will not be out for quite a long time (early 2006, yeah right Bethesda...fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me).

That's all. I'm sure I would be having more fun if those two games were out, since those were the games I really wanted to begin with.
Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4127



View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 03:36:27 PM »

If Oblivion had been out at launch, they might have sold a lot fewer games. By the time I was done with Oblivion I'd expect all the other launch games to be available used. slywink
Logged

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4850


Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 05:04:14 PM »

Be grateful you have some other purchase options, compared to the Japanese release....

There are some amazing looking things coming down the road a ways, though. We won't have to wait 6 months for the second wave of games to start.
Logged

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15937


▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start


View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 07:26:45 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
If Oblivion had been out at launch, they might have sold a lot fewer games. By the time I was done with Oblivion I'd expect all the other launch games to be available used. slywink

If Oblivion would've come out, odds are my 360 would still be packaged up unused as I would've gotten the PC version of the game. biggrin
Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 10:25:39 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Be grateful you have some other purchase options, compared to the Japanese release....

There are some amazing looking things coming down the road a ways, though. We won't have to wait 6 months for the second wave of games to start.


We won't?  Outside of the games tha got pushed from launch, what else of real significance do we have coming soon?  The Outfit maybe.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.114 seconds with 49 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.031s, 2q)