http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 08:55:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Divinity: what's the final verdict?  (Read 935 times)
Qbe
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:41:48 AM »

EB down the street has a copy of DD in the used section for $6.  The demo bored me to tears, but I heard that the game got better after the demo.  All this talk about Diablo II is making me wonder whether I ever should have sold my copy, and I seem to remember that DD had similar gameplay.  How about it?  Was it a worthwhile game?  Is it worth six bucks?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:20:51 PM »

I also hated the demo but I got the game rather cheaply and didn't regret it.  It's a very good game.  Everything opens up after the demo section.  There's a huge world to explore and it was a lot of fun.

It did bog down towards the end and I got tired of it and didn't finish it.  But for the first 30-40 hours I had a blast.  I'd say go for it.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 12:30:20 PM »

I liked it.  Definitely worth six bucks.  Only a few complaints.  First, once you get a weapon with the frost ability, the game is over.  You can walk over anything.  If you want to make the game challenging, skip over weapons that freeze your enemies.  

Second, the end level sucks.  Hard.  I don't think that I have played a more tedious end game.  So, play until you reach the "divine" part and then quit.  Other than those two complaints, I thought the game was great.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:19:59 PM »

Forget the demo.
Great game. Just stop playing once you get to the wastelands. Yell "Game Over" and congratulate yourself on a job well done...spare yourself the last part.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 09:26:49 PM »

this is the only game i could never get to work on my computer.  it'd randomly crash when entering a building - tried latest patches and allsuggestions listed on the official boards (short of rolling back my ATi driver back to some unspecified version); nothing helped.  it's too bad, as it did look to be pretty good.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:06:36 AM »

The game sucks. Yes, I'll be the voise of dissention. I kept playing it and playing it and kept wondering what the hell every one saw in it. The story was boring, then veered into awful nonsense towards the end, the weapons and enemies blew, it was poor-man's rip-off of Diablo, etc. Just a terrible game.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: