http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 03:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] Dishonored  (Read 10721 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »

In case anyone is interested and missed it, The Brigmore Witches came out this week.

I actually just finished it with a nonlethal play through and itís pretty great.  It does carry on from The Knife of Dunwal both in story as well as upgrades and chaos level.  Both this DLC and the Knife of Dunwal are a concurrent storyline with the base game and there is quite a lot of overlap in story.  Itís really interesting to find out everything that was going on while Corvo was busy doing other things.

If you put both DLC campaigns together it works out to be about 14 hours; comparable to the main games campaign.  Not bad for half the price.  Highly recommended if you enjoyed the base game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2013, 02:36:25 AM »

yeah, I'll be getting that, but not until it is on sale.  I figure by then it'll have been long enough since I last played to do a marathon run of the main story and the DLC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

Just finished first mission of Brigmore Witches. fun, fun,fun.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »

Quote from: The Rocketman on July 19, 2013, 07:50:09 AM

I got this during the Christmas Steam sale, and only started to play it 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately my gaming time is rather limited lately (a couple of hours max / week), so it took me this long to finish the first mission (kill Campbell). I started out trying not to kill anyone, but it took too much reloading and replaying. This is my fault, I often reload when a situation hasn't gone "perfect" in a game. For instance, if I alert a guard and he deals me a bit of damage, I'd often reload because I felt I could have handled it better.

But I can't really do that anymore, because with such slow progress I'll burn out on the game before I'm half-way. So yesterday evening I changed my gaming style: I will be a ruthless bastard, who will kill if needed to, and I will not reload scenes but live with the consequences.

Consequently, the game became a lot more fun and tense! And yes, I left a trail of wailing alarms and corpses behind me  icon_twisted

I finished the original campaign last weekend. I rather quickly gave up on the above mentioned strategy (in short: kill if needed to, live with results) due to the fact I wanted a low chaos ending. And I didn't burn out on the game, it was a bit shorter than I expected (this is a plus for me these days). It is a brilliant game really. I love games like these in which the levels are just sandboxes for you to play around in. There's not a lot of scripting, but rather a very well made AI that reacts to your moves.

I started a new playthrough on the hardest difficulty, with the intention of killing just about everyone. But it's not really as much fun, nor is it any challenge. As Corvo, you're just too damn powerful really. If you want someone dead, it's really quite easy. Still, there's nothing wrong with being powerful. It's one of the reasons I absolutely love the recent Batman games. Still, the challenge could have been raised a bit I think.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2014, 07:06:26 PM »

I finally got around to playing this and it was super fun. Awesome level design. Except I played for low chaos so I never even got to jump on someone and kill them. I'll definitely have to do another playthrough at some point.

I still want a stealth thief game without any supernatural stuff.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2014, 02:20:28 AM »

Ditto.  I had started it when it first came out...but for some reason it didn't click with me.  Which is strange as stealth games are my absolute favorite type of game.  

But about two weeks ago, I fired it up to give it another go...and this time it hit all my buttons.  I just finished the main campaign this evening and I'm about to play through all the DLC now.  

What a great, great game.  I really hope there's a sequel.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2014, 05:03:15 AM »

Free on 360 last month.

this game is frigging great.

though i wish there were more non-lethal weapons and powers...there's like 3 things that iI get to use.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 07, 2014, 05:03:15 AM

Free on 360 last month.

though i wish there were more non-lethal weapons and powers...there's like 3 things that iI get to use.
The expansion adds a couple nonlethal options.  Make sure to play that once you finish the main game, itís really good.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2014, 08:43:08 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 07, 2014, 05:03:15 AM

Free on 360 last month.

I think the best way to experience Dishonored is to go "High Chaos" for your first playthrough, using your various gadgets and abilities to set up flashy kill streaks against your enemies.  Saving the super-sneaky Ghost Mode run for a second playthrough frees you up to fully explore the levels, find all the loot, and experiment with whatever powers you like.  I'll also say that the game seems best balanced at "Hard" difficulty or above.

Either way, Dishonored is definitely worth playing through at least twice.  I just finished my Low Chaos run and it's a very different, very cool experience!

-Autistic Angel
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: