http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:35:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] Dishonored  (Read 9861 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 01, 2012, 12:49:18 PM

I finished this last night

I liked the game,the graphics and art were great,but i do feel a little disappointed

I killed pretty much everyone i came across and got the ..i guess bad ending

Spoiler for Hiden:
It made me laugh when Emily said about the others who had been killed at the pub and said she probably would of had them killed anyway

Samuel shot into the air at the beginning of the last mission to give my position away,so i shot that bastard....sick of him being soooo fucking perfect anyway

I got the end,where Emily was older and she put a teddy bear on my grave....Samuel's grave featured,only for some reason i was not pissing on it

If it wasn't for collectables,there are some missions that could be done very quickly,even with no killing

It was a good little title to fill in the gaps between Borderlands 2 and the games coming out now,but nothing more i think
Yep, you got what is my least favorite ending. If anyone wants to see how things could have been different you can see them here.  MAJOR SPOILERS
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »

I started to see what achievements i could rinse from this before i traded it in,and there is one where you can let vital targets live,by having other people take them off your hands and out of harms way if you do them a favour..so i mission selected the first target(about mission 3 i think),and just ended up playing through the game again and this time i got low chaos and the good ending...Samuel was more friendly this time,infact the whole last level was in daylight instead of darkness,and Emily's picture of me before that level looked human rather than Terminator(the mask)..in the end i got 44/50 achievements,so not a bad haul

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2013, 05:18:42 AM »

I just finished this tonight and have to say that I really enjoyed it overall...very cool and well executed concept. I was going for a non-lethal playthrough and almost succeeded, but I somehow got charged with two kills over the course of the game. I went out of my way to avoid intentionally killing anyone, but the level stats show that I killed one person in each of two different levels...not sure what happened. That still gave me the most positive ending though.

That said, I did find the ending to be a little disappointing. After all that happened in the game, I found the final mission to be surprisingly simple and was really disappointed by my final deeds that brought on the ending cutscene...pretty anticlimactic. I still had a lot of fun getting there, however, and think that Dishonored is a great game overall...would love to see a follow-up at some point  icon_cool

Spoilers for my ending...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I managed a 'very low chaos' ending in which I stopped Granny Rags, saved Emily, left all the major characters alive, brought an end to the plague, and died a hero...not a bad life's work. I was really disappointed that my final mission to stop Havelock was as basic as climbing the lighthouse, walking into a room where he was standing alone at a table, Blinking behind him for a choke-out, and letting Emily out of a locked room. As soon as she jumped into my arms, the final cutscene and credits rolled...no final dialogue with the big bad guy, just a summary of everyone's life after the rescue.  It wasn't bad, but I guess I expected a bit more.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:41 AM »

Just fired this back up again after getting add and away from it. It's awesome. This time I will finish it!
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »

Quote from: disarm on February 26, 2013, 05:18:42 AM

Spoilers for my ending...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I was really disappointed that my final mission to stop Havelock was as basic as climbing the lighthouse, walking into a room where he was standing alone at a table, Blinking behind him for a choke-out, and letting Emily out of a locked room. As soon as she jumped into my arms, the final cutscene and credits rolled...no final dialogue with the big bad guy, just a summary of everyone's life after the rescue.  It wasn't bad, but I guess I expected a bit more.
Spoiler for Hiden:
The bad guy has a big long monologue if you jump down in front of him instead of just killing him outright.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »

So quick question - I know there is an effect on the game if you create chaos by killing, but does morality have any effect on chaos? For example in the first mission I find a note that says some guy is waiting somewhere with his life savings. Am I penalized in some way for stealing from him or is it just a role play thing?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »

No morality although sometimes doing side missions will have effects on later events, like a character will help you or a house will be abandoned and boarded up.

The chaos system is actually pretty logical.  Killing people results in more corpses, which increases the number of rats feeding on them, which in turn increases the amount of plague victims.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »

They'll only feed on someone if they are dead, not if they are passed out the ground? That's kind of them.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »

what if you get the Shadow Kill ability that turns foes to ash?  no corpses for the ratses biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 09, 2013, 07:08:19 PM

They'll only feed on someone if they are dead, not if they are passed out the ground? That's kind of them.

icon_razz Unconscious people tend to get back up before being thrown in the dead body landfill. 

Quote from: CeeKay on March 09, 2013, 07:31:06 PM

what if you get the Shadow Kill ability that turns foes to ash?  no corpses for the ratses biggrin

Well, um, you see…magic draws the rats because…

*runs away*
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »

Rats will totally eat unconscious people.  It may not bring more rats, but they will eat 'em and mess up your no-kill game.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »

DLC news due tomorrow.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »

I have this game.  I don't dislike this game.  But I can't seem to motivate myself to play this game.   icon_confused

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 12, 2013, 08:31:19 PM

I have this game.  I don't dislike this game.  But I can't seem to motivate myself to play this game.   icon_confused

I've had the same problem.  I like it when I play it, but I can't actually bring myself to play it.  It may be because the levels are fairly massive.

I was actually kind of hankering for it last week and then Tomb Raider hit.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »

I had this game,finished the game and thought it was a good game,but not sure i would play the game again for DLC...maybe a year or two down the line when i just replay the whole game

This,last week won game of the year(well 'Best Game' if you want to be fussy) at the BAFTA Video Game Awards

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2013, 01:42:19 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 12, 2013, 08:17:34 PM

DLC news due tomorrow.

Squee!  Barely have time for gaming right now, but I played this game through 2.5 times in a row.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »

You know, I wonder... (mid game small spoiler)
Spoiler for Hiden:
If the DLC mission will finally let us meet that witch coven that one of Daud's notes mentioned. Besides murdering the Empress, Daud and his men seemed to cleaning up the streets of all sorts of dangerous people.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

The Knife of Dunwall/The Brigmore Witches

very small spoiler in the tags,that happens at the start of the main game
The campaign add-on - and its follow-up DLC, The Brigmore Witches -
Spoiler for Hiden:
will see players assume the role of Daud, the assassin who killed the Empress at the beginning of the main game
, granting access to his weapons, gadgets, allies and supernatural abilities as he sets out on a journey for redemption.

Set for release on April 16 (April 17 on PS3 in Europe), the DLC will be priced at 800 MS Points (£6.85 / €9.60 / $10.00 / AUS13.20) on Xbox 360 and £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99 / AU$14.45 on PS3 and PC. A release date for part two, which will conclude the story, hasn't been confirmed

same here
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Knife of Dunwall: After assassinating the Empress, and forever changing the fate of Dunwall, you embark on a search for redemption. The Outsider reveals the key to your atonement, but who-or what-is Delilah? Accompanied by theWhalers, your loyal bandof mercenary assassins, your search will take you through never-before-seen districts of Dunwall as you face off against new and terrible foes. Employ a unique arsenal that enhances Dishonored's dynamic combat, mobility and stealth systems. In the struggle to hang onto the last shred of your humanity, the choices you make will ultimately determine your fate.
New Powers, Weapons and Gadgets: The mark of the Outsider empowers you with unique supernatural abilities. Call upon the Whalers to assist in combat with 'Summon Assassin', track down hidden Runes and Bone Charms with 'Void Gaze' and learn to use new variations to powers, including 'Blink'.To aid in your dangerous exploits your customized arsenal of weapons and gadgets will include Chokedust to daze your enemies, whale oil powered Stun Mines to shock your targets, and a concealed Wristbow to launch sleep darts and explosive bolts.
Explore More of Dunwall: Make your way through the Legal District and infiltrate the Rothwild Slaughterhouse, a steaming factory filled with colossal whale carcasses and their hulking butchers.Revisit the decaying Flooded District, the location of Daud's hidden base, first seen in the original game. Return to the scenes of key events in Dishonored with a new perspective, including the fateful moment that sets off Corvo's journey.
Choose Your Path: On your search for answers, approach each mission with your own style. Your redemption - or your turn towards darkness- depends on your skills and the decisions you make.Discover the mystery behind Delilah in this stand-alone chapter, and then conclude Daud's story in the upcoming final add-on, The Brigmore Witches.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:08:50 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »

We've got the screenshots and the one piece of art they released on the front page.  I'm stoked - the multiplayer challenge mission DLC didn't blow my skirt up, but new single player content is  thumbsup

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »

Sounds great to me.  If the levels are as detailed as the originals that’s a pretty reasonable price too.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »

I'm cross posting this from the April Fools thread because it's worth it.

Developer Commentary for Dishonored

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2013, 04:15:23 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 02, 2013, 02:20:51 PM

I'm cross posting this from the April Fools thread because it's worth it.

Developer Commentary for Dishonored

Skraeling19   1 hour ago   

I did a window playthrough of the game but I found the gameplay too transparent.

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »

The Knife of Dunwall DLC expansion is out today. It includes three new missions and people are reporting that it takes between 3-8 hours to finish depending on your play style. That’s a pretty nice chunk of content for $10.

Mine is downloading right now.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »

Nice! I'll have at it this evening.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »

Picked it up and gave it a spin at lunch today. The gameplay is definitely more Dishonored, but I don't really have any connection to this new character - at leas not yet.

I don't think this is really a spoiler, but just in case... (very beginning of DLC opening cutscene spoiler)

Spoiler for Hiden:
They show you a cut scene of the character you play in this DLC killing the Empress (at the beginning of the proper Dishonored game). I find it an absolutely STUPID decision that they didn't have you PLAY this section of the game....

Michael Madsen is fine as the main character's voice... This guy's not a mute like Corvo.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2013, 02:52:02 AM »

I just completed the first mission of the DLC.  I spent about 2 hours with it, completed all the optional objectives and finished with a nonlethal score.  If the other two missions are as good this will be one of the best pieces of DLC content I’ve played.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2013, 02:18:12 AM »

I finished the DLC campaign tonight.  Completed all side objectives and didn’t kill anyone.  Total playtime was 5.6 hours according to Steam.  The third mission was the shortest and weakest of the bunch but still very fun.  A very solid piece of DLC all around.  If you enjoyed Dishonored and want more of the same from a slightly different perspective, I highly recommend it.

--Edit--

And… I also completed a speed run on the hardest difficulty playing as the most ruthless bastard who ever lived.  For those that like to replay, there are multiple endings.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:12:54 AM by Lordnine » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »

the Void Walker Arsenal is out now, for $3.99. 

With the Void Walker’s Arsenal add-on pack, gain immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Dishonored. The Acrobatic Killer Pack, Arcane Assassin Pack, Backstreet Butcher Pack and Shadow Rat Pack offer unique character bonuses, additional bone charm slots, unhidden books and bonus coins that will aid you in your pursuit of revenge. Found in the Hound Pits Pub, use these items to enhance your playthrough of Corvo’s main campaign in the original game.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2013, 03:59:48 PM »

and the final piece of DLC, the Brigmore Witches, hits August 13th.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »

I grabbed the Knife of Dunwall DLC and quickly realized how rusty my thieving skills had gotten.  Had to replay the first couple missions of the regular game to get back my bearings.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 16, 2013, 03:59:48 PM

Awesome.  Can't wait!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on July 16, 2013, 05:22:16 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 16, 2013, 03:59:48 PM

Awesome.  Can't wait!

Got two pieces of art and two screenshots to share the love:  http://gamingtrend.com/2013/07/16/dishonored-gets-brigmore-witches-dlc-details/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »

LOVED this game - did it end up doing well?  critically, sales-wise, at the box office etc etc etc? smile
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2013, 05:05:03 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on July 19, 2013, 12:05:57 AM

LOVED this game - did it end up doing well?  critically, sales-wise, at the box office etc etc etc? smile
It received fairly unanimous critical acclaim.  Sales wise I believe it did respectable but didn’t exactly set the charts on fire. 
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »

I got this during the Christmas Steam sale, and only started to play it 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately my gaming time is rather limited lately (a couple of hours max / week), so it took me this long to finish the first mission (kill Campbell). I started out trying not to kill anyone, but it took too much reloading and replaying. This is my fault, I often reload when a situation hasn't gone "perfect" in a game. For instance, if I alert a guard and he deals me a bit of damage, I'd often reload because I felt I could have handled it better.

But I can't really do that anymore, because with such slow progress I'll burn out on the game before I'm half-way. So yesterday evening I changed my gaming style: I will be a ruthless bastard, who will kill if needed to, and I will not reload scenes but live with the consequences.

Consequently, the game became a lot more fun and tense! And yes, I left a trail of wailing alarms and corpses behind me  icon_twisted
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »

I kinda wish that games would put in more ways to be a bad ass and defeat enemies, whilst not actually killing or maiming them. There's a lot of great combat gameplay in Dishonored that you miss out on of you're trying to get the low chaos (good) ending, or just trying to sneak.

I'm not talking about quick escapes, I'm talking about all those cool knockout moves you see in movies and some other games. These would require even better execution than just killing them. Kinda like the Bourne series of movies, or Batman, where you constantly see him knock the crap out of guys, but mostly not kill them. All these moves would take a lot more skill and execution than just simply killing people though.

I'm thinking if I did a stealth game where combat was an option, I'd put in stuff like attack moves that took a lot more accuracy and timing during a fight to outright knockout someone instead of killing them. Something like having to more accurately hit target points with blunt weapons, non-life threatening wounds with blades, or a secondary button press to turn your blade to the flat of the blade. Then, if you accidentally "killed" someone, you can spend the time to apply a bandage or medical treatment from your own supplies to patch up the person you hurt before leaving.

This way, all types can still get that fast and great combat gameplay.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »

Quote from: The Rocketman on July 19, 2013, 07:50:09 AM

But I can't really do that anymore, because with such slow progress I'll burn out on the game before I'm half-way. So yesterday evening I changed my gaming style: I will be a ruthless bastard, who will kill if needed to, and I will not reload scenes but live with the consequences.

I actually had more fun playing this way.  I still did everything stealthily (wasn't running around with guns a'blazing), but I found that killing was far more fun that just knocking them out.   icon_twisted

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 19, 2013, 01:51:11 PM

Quote from: The Rocketman on July 19, 2013, 07:50:09 AM

I actually had more fun playing this way.  I still did everything stealthily (wasn't running around with guns a'blazing), but I found that killing was far more fun that just knocking them out.   icon_twisted

Oh, absolutely. I'll try to be stealthy, and I won't try to kill anyone, but if I have to, I will.
By the way, that Corvo's crossbow is quite powerful. A guard came down some stairs, he was gonna spot me so I shot an arrow at him. The corpse tumbled down the stairs, and the guard's head actually flew up the stairs. If the indians had these kind of bows back in the day...
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2013, 04:08:26 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 19, 2013, 10:57:19 AM

I kinda wish that games would put in more ways to be a bad ass and defeat enemies, whilst not actually killing or maiming them.

While not to the degree you're looking for, the Knife of Dunwall DLC expansion does offer a couple more nonlethal options. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on July 19, 2013, 04:08:26 PM

Quote from: Turtle on July 19, 2013, 10:57:19 AM

I kinda wish that games would put in more ways to be a bad ass and defeat enemies, whilst not actually killing or maiming them.

While not to the degree you're looking for, the Knife of Dunwall DLC expansion does offer a couple more nonlethal options. 

the backstab upgrade that turns their body to ash actually teleports them to a sunny farm where they can frolic in the fields.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: