http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 09:05:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/Ps3] Dishonored  (Read 9959 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2012, 09:27:30 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 17, 2012, 03:50:47 PM

Sigh... Probably start my new game tonight of this, with a slightly different play style..

Oh yeah, I quoted myself.

Started a new game, actually interesting to see some of the early stuff now with what I know. Hopefully thats the only time that happens.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2012, 10:28:03 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 18, 2012, 09:27:30 AM

Sigh... Probably start my new game tonight of this, with a slightly different play style..

Started a new game, actually interesting to see some of the early stuff now with what I know. Hopefully thats the only time that happens.

I am probably going to restart this again i got to..i dunno Granny Baggins or whatever she is called,LOL

But i have been distracted with Borderlands 2 DLC,and Sleeping Dogs..and Spider-Man

EDIT: Granny Rags was the one icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 18, 2012, 10:28:03 AM

I am probably going to restart this again i got to..i dunno Granny Baggins or whatever she is called,LOL

But i have been distracted with Borderlands 2 DLC,and Sleeping Dogs..and Spider-Man

Disturbing name...This game should be called...nm... thumbsdown
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

Voiced by Susan Sarandon, BTW.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 18, 2012, 02:01:58 PM

Voiced by Susan Sarandon, BTW.

Really???
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:59 PM »

BAM!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2012, 11:56:43 PM »

Completed my low chaos play through.  The game is definitely my favorite title of the year. 

I really like that the game doesnít explain everything on the surface but if you explore enough you can find out pretty much everything about the world.  The fact that certain details, like the origin of the plague, are only discovered through a non-violent resolution is also an interesting choice.  It definitely encourages multiple playthroughs.

The only complaints I have is that I wish it was a couple missions longer and that the ending, while good is a bit too brief for my tastes.  What I do like about the ending is it seems like it has multiple levels of variance so Iím curious how it plays out for others.

My ending
Spoiler for Hiden:
The plague was cured and I ushered in a golden age for the empire and served as Emilyís most trusted advisor.  She grew up to be known as Emily the wise.  After I grew old and died Emily had me buried beside her mother in the family crypt.

Corvo, the Empress and Emily
Spoiler for Hiden:
I donít think itís ever fully explained but is Corvo supposed to be Emilys father?  Perhaps a secret parentage?  The relationship between Corvo and Emily seems deeper than just bodyguard and at one point if you have low chaos Emily paints a picture of Corvo with Daddy written above it.  I donít know if it was supposed to be literal or just that she perceives him as a father.  There is also a hidden voice message from the empress to Corvo in the tower that seems to imply that they had a romantic relationship.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2012, 01:30:55 AM »

My thoughts

Spoiler for Hiden:
I overall like a lot of the world. They build up a lot, answer enough to keep you interested. The Outsider isn't out and out evil, but just chaotic and powerful, prone to sweeping up people into his madness that can't handle it.

I also like how they don't explain everything, but a lot of the story is there, but though unreliable narrators, if you go and look for them. I know I'm going to have to go back and find that secret audio log reached only by climbing through a fireplace chimney.

The outsider remains an enigmatic powerful entity, not antagonistic but willing to hand out power and see what happens.

Anyone else spare Daud? I did, even though I originally planned to make him be one of the few I do kill. It was also interesting to see all the different takes on Outsider powers that various NPCs had. Most were take son powers you could get, but different. Daud's men could blink to places they couldn't see, although I suppose that'd be difficult to do in a game.

Anyone also try to put a tall boy to sleep by putting a sleep dart through his visor slit? Sadly, it doesn't work.

I do wonder if they're going to do anything with the obvious hints that the heart you're carrying around is the Empress' heart.

Also, I couldn't help but notice something in regards to the distinctly European character design and body type for a all the women in the game. I come from an art background it was kind of nice seeing a different body type being used as the base for the game, even though most won't notice the difference. Although I suppose that's due to the lead artist being from Eastern Europe.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2012, 02:59:06 AM »

Sheesh, I've hit what I'm assuming is yet another major bug.

Spoiler for Hiden:
On the 8th mission (where you re-infiltrate the Hound's Pit), I snuck back in, found Piero and Sokolov, and reactivated Peiro's arc pylon which killed all the guards.  I was then supposed to find a signal flare to signal Samuel.  Made my way up to the room where the flare was supposed to be, used the key, and the quest marker simply...disappeared.  I never picked up a flare (it's not listed in my inventory), there's nothing in the room, and there's no quest indicator for where I'm supposed to go next.  My quest log still said there was a quest to "Find Emily", but all the specifics were suddenly gone.  I wandered around the empty area for another 20 minutes hoping to trigger something, but never did.  Apparently, there is supposed to be a flare cannon in that room that you activate, and Samuel is supposed to meet you on the beach.  Neither were there.  I ended up reloading a previous save (from about 1/2-hour before  Roll Eyes) and I guess I'll try it again.

I'm at the point where I'm sick of the constant bugs (I blinked through the scenery twice during the last mission, bother requiring reloads) and pretty much just want to finish it since I'm so close to the end.  Another few bugs like this one, however, and I'm not even sure I'll bother trying.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:04:08 AM by Gratch » Logged

ďMy next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2012, 03:09:59 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 18, 2012, 07:10:59 PM

Interesting.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:07 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2012, 02:59:06 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
On the 8th mission (where you re-infiltrate the Hound's Pit), I snuck back in, found Piero and Sokolov, and reactivated Peiro's arc pylon which killed all the guards.  I was then supposed to find a signal flare to signal Samuel.  Made my way up to the room where the flare was supposed to be, used the key, and the quest marker simply...disappeared.  I never picked up a flare (it's not listed in my inventory), there's nothing in the room, and there's no quest indicator for where I'm supposed to go next.  My quest log still said there was a quest to "Find Emily", but all the specifics were suddenly gone.  I wandered around the empty area for another 20 minutes hoping to trigger something, but never did.  Apparently, there is supposed to be a flare cannon in that room that you activate, and Samuel is supposed to meet you on the beach.  Neither were there.  I ended up reloading a previous save (from about 1/2-hour before  Roll Eyes) and I guess I'll try it again.

I'm at the point where I'm sick of the constant bugs (I blinked through the scenery twice during the last mission, bother requiring reloads) and pretty much just want to finish it since I'm so close to the end.  Another few bugs like this one, however, and I'm not even sure I'll bother trying.

Hey you didn't loose your progress at least!!!;) I'm still digging it as of now, even after that bs, that being said its a GREAT game, but damn the bugs!
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2012, 03:54:49 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2012, 02:59:06 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
On the 8th mission (where you re-infiltrate the Hound's Pit), I snuck back in, found Piero and Sokolov, and reactivated Peiro's arc pylon which killed all the guards.  I was then supposed to find a signal flare to signal Samuel.  Made my way up to the room where the flare was supposed to be, used the key, and the quest marker simply...disappeared.  I never picked up a flare (it's not listed in my inventory), there's nothing in the room, and there's no quest indicator for where I'm supposed to go next.  My quest log still said there was a quest to "Find Emily", but all the specifics were suddenly gone.  I wandered around the empty area for another 20 minutes hoping to trigger something, but never did.  Apparently, there is supposed to be a flare cannon in that room that you activate, and Samuel is supposed to meet you on the beach.  Neither were there.  I ended up reloading a previous save (from about 1/2-hour before  Roll Eyes) and I guess I'll try it again.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The flare is the audiophone thing that is pointed out the window.  Once you activate it Samuel will show up on the beach not far from the tower, it's not the normal place where you found him earlier in the game though.  I suggest going to your bedroom...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:05:09 AM by Lordnine » Logged
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »

Can someone explain what it takes to get Ghost for any given mission?  I played through the brothel mission (3?) and thought I got it, but it wasn't marked on the screen at the end.  Do I lose it if I knock people out?  If I get any alert icons at all, even just the first one?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »

You can't let people alert on you, and I think you can't let people find any bodies.

By alert, I mean when all 3 of the spidey sense icons fills up and flashes red, that means they have spotted you fully and are on attack/hunt mode. If you just see level 1 or 2, it's still okay.

You can also tell when this happens by listening for the audio cue, a discordant twang of strings.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »

Dang Gratch, you must be unlucky with the bugs. I only ran into a couple of things I thought were a bug but one turned out to be an engine limitation. I'd say hang in there, you're almost through.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 19, 2012, 10:42:32 AM

Dang Gratch, you must be unlucky with the bugs. I only ran into a couple of things I thought were a bug but one turned out to be an engine limitation. I'd say hang in there, you're almost through.

I'm at the point where I'm just Rambo-ing through the last couple missions to see how it ends.  Screw stealth, I'm going for body count at this point...it's quicker.   icon_twisted

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 19, 2012, 01:07:41 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 19, 2012, 10:42:32 AM

I'm at the point where I'm just Rambo-ing through the last couple missions to see how it ends.  Screw stealth, I'm going for body count at this point...it's quicker.   icon_twisted
Gratch, the man who doomed the empire with his callous impatient nature!

I'm surprised you are encountering as many bugs as you have.  I never encountered anything.  Compared to XCOM, which is the buggiest game I've played since Magicka, I was very impressed with how stable Dishonored was.

Quote from: Turtle on October 19, 2012, 01:30:55 AM

My thoughts

Spoiler for Hiden:

Anyone else spare Daud? I did, even though I originally planned to make him be one of the few I do kill. It was also interesting to see all the different takes on Outsider powers that various NPCs had. Most were take son powers you could get, but different. Daud's men could blink to places they couldn't see, although I suppose that'd be difficult to do in a game.

I do wonder if they're going to do anything with the obvious hints that the heart you're carrying around is the Empress' heart.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I spared Daud as well; I was a little disappointed it didnít have any effect on things later on.  He didnít seem to notice that I had stolen from him and just insulted me for running away.

I was wondering about the heart but I didnít think they ever explicitly said it was the empress.  Was there something explicit that I missed?  The biggest suggestion I heard was the area speeches when you are exploring the tower.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:33:54 PM by Lordnine » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »

re: the heart

Spoiler for Hiden:
I believe the same actress that voices the Empress does the voice for the heart, that is what made me think it is the Empress's heart.

I kept on forgetting to use it's alternate power though, gonna have to be more conscious of doing so next time I play.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 19, 2012, 03:09:59 AM

Interesting.

Strangely enough IMDB does not list Brad Dourif who plays Piero...Brad Dourif is probably definitely the best actor in the game compared to the rest of that list(IMO)..Wormtongue,Chucky,that kid from One flew over the Cookoo's Nest,that very cool X-Files episode,Alien 4 etc etc...not sure why it does not list him,and likewise it is not on his IMDB page either

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »

Quote from: kathode on October 19, 2012, 06:29:44 AM

Can someone explain what it takes to get Ghost for any given mission?  I played through the brothel mission (3?) and thought I got it, but it wasn't marked on the screen at the end.  Do I lose it if I knock people out?  If I get any alert icons at all, even just the first one?

Assuming the developers are going by the Thief nerds' definition of "Ghosting" (and I would be shocked if they aren't since this game borrows a TON of design philosophies from Thief, which is why I love it so much), I believe knocking people out would keep you from getting it. As I recall, the Thief nerds considered Ghosting, never being detected and never knocking anyone out or killing anything. I always found this to be beyond the point of fun to me and have never tried it - despite me being an unabashed Thief nerd.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »

Quote from: JCC on October 19, 2012, 06:43:55 PM

Quote from: kathode on October 19, 2012, 06:29:44 AM

Assuming the developers are going by the Thief nerds' definition of "Ghosting" (and I would be shocked if they aren't since this game borrows a TON of design philosophies from Thief, which is why I love it so much), I believe knocking people out would keep you from getting it. As I recall, the Thief nerds considered Ghosting, never being detected and never knocking anyone out or killing anything. I always found this to be beyond the point of fun to me and have never tried it - despite me being an unabashed Thief nerd.

Nope, you can knock people out as long as they are not alerted first.  Being seen by dogs DOES count as being detected.  You are not allowed to kill anyone.  I managed to get my faceless and specter achievements (no alerts & no kills) and on the 3rd to last mission so it is possible but quite difficult.

For anyone trying for only nonlethal.  You are allowed to kill dogs, rats and river crusts. 
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 19, 2012, 06:13:48 PM

Interesting.

Strangely enough IMDB does not list Brad Dourif who plays Piero...Brad Dourif is probably definitely the best actor in the game compared to the rest of that list(IMO)..Wormtongue,Chucky,that kid from One flew over the Cookoo's Nest,that very cool X-Files episode,Alien 4 etc etc...not sure why it does not list him,and likewise it is not on his IMDB page either

I've found that IMDB tracking of video games is very hit and miss in terms of getting everyone involved in a software project.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 19, 2012, 08:55:25 PM

Interesting.

I've found that IMDB tracking of video games is very hit and miss in terms of getting everyone involved in a software project.

Yeah i suppose that's true,i guess i can think myself lucky that they try and put Video games in there at all

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »

Interesting.

I like Brad Dourif and everything, but I'm not sure I'd rank him as definitely better than Susan Sarandon.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 20, 2012, 12:00:11 AM

Interesting.

I like Brad Dourif and everything, but I'm not sure I'd rank him as definitely better than Susan Sarandon.

I am just going to have to say "Okey Dokey" to that Bull,i like Susan Sarandon,but i only really like her in The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2012, 03:20:35 AM »

Finished.  Going on a killing spree through the last few levels was actually quite fun.  Upgraded Blink + upgraded Shadow Kill (? the one that turns bodies to ash) makes for some very satisfying stealth kills.  I never really ended up using the possession or time stop skill very much.  I was surprised how quickly it all ended once you:

Spoiler for Hiden:
got to the lighthouse.  I was figuring I'd have to fight my way up to Havelock...seemed really odd to simply wander right out on the ledge and see him there with Emily.  I stopped time, Blinked up next to him, and grabbed Emily as I pushed him over the ledge.  Seemed a little bit anti-climatic. 

Quote from: Lordnine on October 18, 2012, 11:56:43 PM

The only complaints I have is that I wish it was a couple missions longer and that the ending, while good is a bit too brief for my tastes.  What I do like about the ending is it seems like it has multiple levels of variance so Iím curious how it plays out for others.

My ending
Spoiler for Hiden:
The plague was cured and I ushered in a golden age for the empire and served as Emilyís most trusted advisor.  She grew up to be known as Emily the wise.  After I grew old and died Emily had me buried beside her mother in the family crypt.

Needless to say, my ending was rather different:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Emily took the throne "over a mountain of corpses" with the brutal assassin Corvo by her side.  She ruled, but quite brutally, and the plague certainly didn't go away.  There was an odd scene where it showed her putting a teddy bear over Corvo's gravestone...not sure if that meant I was killed, or that she made everyone think I was killed so I could continue to be her assassin.  Samuel went off on his boat and was drowned by a massive wave in the ocean.  BTW, you can kill him when he drops you off on the last mission...in case anyone was wondering.  smile

Corvo, the Empress and Emily
Spoiler for Hiden:
I donít think itís ever fully explained but is Corvo supposed to be Emilys father?  Perhaps a secret parentage?  The relationship between Corvo and Emily seems deeper than just bodyguard and at one point if you have low chaos Emily paints a picture of Corvo with Daddy written above it.  I donít know if it was supposed to be literal or just that she perceives him as a father.  There is also a hidden voice message from the empress to Corvo in the tower that seems to imply that they had a romantic relationship.

That was confusing to me as well.  My ending
Spoiler for Hiden:
mentioned something about her being Corvo's daughter, but it went by very quickly and I didn't really catch it.

All in all, it was a fun - if a bit unpolished - game.  22 hours was just about right, as I was getting kind of bored by the end.  I'd give it a B+.

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2012, 04:34:32 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 20, 2012, 03:20:35 AM

My ending
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Emily took the throne "over a mountain of corpses" with the brutal assassin Corvo by her side.  She ruled, but quite brutally, and the plague certainly didn't go away.  There was an odd scene where it showed her putting a teddy bear over Corvo's gravestone...not sure if that meant I was killed, or that she made everyone think I was killed so I could continue to be her assassin.  Samuel went off on his boat and was drowned by a massive wave in the ocean.  BTW, you can kill him when he drops you off on the last mission...in case anyone was wondering.  smile

Thatís interesting how the endings differ.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Samuel was a good guy in my ending and lived on with Corvo to serve the empress.  Was any mention given to the two inventors?  They are the ones who cure the plague so if you fed them to the rats earlier in the game one or both may not have been still alive.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on October 20, 2012, 04:34:32 AM

Quote from: Gratch on October 20, 2012, 03:20:35 AM

My ending
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Thatís interesting how the endings differ.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Samuel was a good guy in my ending and lived on with Corvo to serve the empress.  Was any mention given to the two inventors?  They are the ones who cure the plague so if you fed them to the rats earlier in the game one or both may not have been still alive.

Spoiler for Hiden:
It was strange, Samuel was fine right up until he dropped me off on the last mission.  Then he apparently decided he didn't like me anymore and kept telling me to "get the hell of my boat".   It was very odd.

No mention of the two inventors in the post-game wrap up.  I saved them both in the 8th mission, but don't know what ended up happening to them.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »

anyone else like the song that plays during the end credits (Honor for All by Daniel Licht)?  kinda hoping they release it as a single.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2012, 01:15:43 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2012, 12:29:50 AM

anyone else like the song that plays during the end credits (Honor for All by Daniel Licht)?  kinda hoping they release it as a single.

I thought it was great...been meaning to look up who did it.  You saved me a Google, +1 internets to you.

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2012, 12:29:50 AM

Not really.  I would have rather had this song from the trailer.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »

1st DLC details

Not my kind if thing,i think i will skip it,however the highlighted details on 2nd and 3rd DLC sound more like it...just a shame they are not until 2013

Bethesda has detailed the first DLC pack for Dishonored and outlined future content plans.

'Dunwall City Trials' includes ten challenge maps designed to "test and track your combat, stealth and mobility skills".
The ten trials include an arena battle against enemy waves, a drop assassinations test, and a timed race. The DLC will also introduce new achievements and trophies, along with a global online leaderboard.

Dunwall City Trails will be released in December for $4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points.

According to a post on Bethesda's official blog the second and third DLC packs for Dishonored are story-driven and will be available in 2013.

The first is centered around Daud, leader of 'The Whalers', and will feature new weapons, powers and gadgets.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on October 19, 2012, 07:26:10 PM

For anyone trying for only nonlethal.  You are allowed to kill dogs, rats and river crusts. 

What about tallboys?  I assume they are machines?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 25, 2012, 05:06:48 PM

Nope. Zoom in on a tallboy sometime.  Everyone seems to think they are robots for some reason but if you look close you can see that they are really pretty-much just a guy on stilts with a bow and arrow.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2012, 06:09:54 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on October 25, 2012, 06:08:54 PM

Nope. Zoom in on a tallboy sometime.  Everyone seems to think they are robots for some reason but if you look close you can see that they are really pretty-much just a guy on stilts with a bow and arrow.

you can also tell when you go all stabby face on them.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 25, 2012, 06:09:54 PM

Quote from: Lordnine on October 25, 2012, 06:08:54 PM

you can also tell when you go all stabby face on them.

There are also a lot of story bits you can find that indicate this.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »

Finished tonight. Went stealthy and no killing the whole way. Even though I never had a kill at the end of all the missions I still didn't get the Steam achievement for not killing anyone (shrugs). Overall, a fantastic game, and I look forward to going through playing it the violent way and seeing the "bad" ending. In addition to having the best implementation of stealth I have played since the Thief series, I think the designers borrowed MANY other game design elements from the Thief series - so it's no wonder I enjoyed this so much. Probably my favorite game I've played since Batman Arkham Asylum. It's nice to get a quality game like this after feeling like I've been in gaming doldrums for a while.

This really makes me hope we get a Thief 4 and it doesn't end up being vaporware.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2012, 06:07:18 AM »

Since I had to restart this... I'm still loving it and wow, there are alot of different ways to accomplish goals. My replay is vastly different than the first(attempted) one.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »

Iíve now seen all of the endings.  Surprisingly I donít think any of them are bad.  Most games go out of their way to make the bad/evil/corrupt ending depressing and unsatisfying but here I thought they fit the world perfectly.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was a little surprised that I liked the ending where Emily dies more than when she lives if youíre playing with a high chaos rating.  Seeing her become an evil ruler was more disheartening than just seeing the world go to hell after her death I guess.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:25:55 PM by Lordnine » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »

I finished this last night

I liked the game,the graphics and art were great,but i do feel a little disappointed

I killed pretty much everyone i came across and got the ..i guess bad ending

Spoiler for Hiden:
It made me laugh when Emily said about the others who had been killed at the pub and said she probably would of had them killed anyway

Samuel shot into the air at the beginning of the last mission to give my position away,so i shot that bastard....sick of him being soooo fucking perfect anyway

I got the end,where Emily was older and she put a teddy bear on my grave....Samuel's grave featured,only for some reason i was not pissing on it

If it wasn't for collectables,there are some missions that could be done very quickly,even with no killing

It was a good little title to fill in the gaps between Borderlands 2 and the games coming out now,but nothing more i think

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: