http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 01:55:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Direct2Drive being sold to Gamefly- Gamefly to offer PC games to subscribers.  (Read 923 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

aw man, I like my 15% discount I get from the Fileplanet subscription, and I doubt they'll continue that sicne Fileplanet is still going to be IGN owned.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:13:01 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »

completed, with the possibility of PC games rentals being investigated.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:48:07 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM

completed, with the possibility of PC games rentals being investigated.
As for whether adding D2D was a prelude to offering PC games for rental as well, [Gamefly's] Hodess said "We know that consumers are interested in PC game rentals, so we will investigate this idea thoroughly."
Hmmmm....

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

http://m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=20090058&cid=null&bcid=&bid=-17

Gamefly getting ready to rebrand Direct2Drive?

Because I can,
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »

Was hoping to see that they were going to give you the option to rent pc games via download
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:12:12 PM »

Quote from: naednek on August 09, 2011, 09:31:59 PM

Was hoping to see that they were going to give you the option to rent pc games via download

well, they have this now, where if you are a subscriber you'll get access to some free games.  I just got in the beta, and while the selection is so-so it's a nice bonus for those who also rent console games from them.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »

just got this email about D2D moving:

What do you need to do now?

Right now, it's business as usual; you can continue to pre-order and buy games just like you do today. We'll keep you informed and send you more details when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, your Direct2Drive account will work as it does now, and we will fully support new releases as usual.

At the beginning of next year, we'll migrate all Direct2Drive services to GameFly. We'll take care of everything for you - transferring your account and purchase history to GameFly so you can pick up right where you left off (you'll just need to reset your password for security). If you already have a GameFly account, we'll combine the two.

Important Information    There are a couple things you can do now to ensure a smooth transition:

1. Download your favorite game purchases from Direct2Drive. We plan to have as many game files as possible available on GameFly. Just to be sure, please download your old game files before the transition.

2. Download all of your non-game files (like Prima Guides). These will not be available on GameFly after the transition.

Once transferred, you'll be able to access your account with one login across GameFly's entire suite of integrated services: The GameFly Client, Web site, and Mobile App.

so not all games may be available?

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:19 AM »

I just reset my password and logged in.  And confirmed that I own no games from them.  Steam and GoG get all my business, apparently.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »

I only own one that I bought back in 2008. Never really liked them, so stuck with Steam, GoG and GamersGate.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 AM

Right now, it's business as usual; you can continue to pre-order and buy games just like you do today. We'll keep you informed and send you more details when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, your Direct2Drive account will work as it does now, and we will fully support new releases as usual.

At the beginning of next year, we'll migrate all Direct2Drive services to GameFly. We'll take care of everything for you - transferring your account and purchase history to GameFly so you can pick up right where you left off (you'll just need to reset your password for security). If you already have a GameFly account, we'll combine the two.

Important Information    There are a couple things you can do now to ensure a smooth transition:

1. Download your favorite game purchases from Direct2Drive. We plan to have as many game files as possible available on GameFly. Just to be sure, please download your old game files before the transition.

2. Download all of your non-game files (like Prima Guides). These will not be available on GameFly after the transition.

Once transferred, you'll be able to access your account with one login across GameFly's entire suite of integrated services: The GameFly Client, Web site, and Mobile App.

Just get the key code for any games, enter them into STEAM, and forget about D2D.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 05:31:32 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on December 23, 2011, 05:16:36 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 AM

Just get the key code for any games, enter them into STEAM, and forget about D2D.

not every game lets you do this.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »

and Direct2Drive is gone.

We put the fun in funeral

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: