http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 01:55:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Direct2Drive being sold to Gamefly- Gamefly to offer PC games to subscribers.  (Read 923 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

aw man, I like my 15% discount I get from the Fileplanet subscription, and I doubt they'll continue that sicne Fileplanet is still going to be IGN owned.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:13:01 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »

completed, with the possibility of PC games rentals being investigated.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:48:07 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 10823



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM

completed, with the possibility of PC games rentals being investigated.
Quote
As for whether adding D2D was a prelude to offering PC games for rental as well, [Gamefly's] Hodess said "We know that consumers are interested in PC game rentals, so we will investigate this idea thoroughly."
Hmmmm....
Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

http://m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=20090058&cid=null&bcid=&bid=-17

Gamefly getting ready to rebrand Direct2Drive?
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »

Was hoping to see that they were going to give you the option to rent pc games via download
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:12:12 PM »

Quote from: naednek on August 09, 2011, 09:31:59 PM

Was hoping to see that they were going to give you the option to rent pc games via download

well, they have this now, where if you are a subscriber you'll get access to some free games.  I just got in the beta, and while the selection is so-so it's a nice bonus for those who also rent console games from them.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »

just got this email about D2D moving:

Quote
   
What do you need to do now?

Right now, it's business as usual; you can continue to pre-order and buy games just like you do today. We'll keep you informed and send you more details when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, your Direct2Drive account will work as it does now, and we will fully support new releases as usual.

At the beginning of next year, we'll migrate all Direct2Drive services to GameFly. We'll take care of everything for you - transferring your account and purchase history to GameFly so you can pick up right where you left off (you'll just need to reset your password for security). If you already have a GameFly account, we'll combine the two.

Important Information    There are a couple things you can do now to ensure a smooth transition:

1. Download your favorite game purchases from Direct2Drive. We plan to have as many game files as possible available on GameFly. Just to be sure, please download your old game files before the transition.

2. Download all of your non-game files (like Prima Guides). These will not be available on GameFly after the transition.


Once transferred, you'll be able to access your account with one login across GameFly's entire suite of integrated services: The GameFly Client, Web site, and Mobile App.

so not all games may be available?
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8799



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:19 AM »

I just reset my password and logged in.  And confirmed that I own no games from them.  Steam and GoG get all my business, apparently.
Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3249



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »

I only own one that I bought back in 2008. Never really liked them, so stuck with Steam, GoG and GamersGate.
Logged

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Jumangi
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1797



View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 AM

just got this email about D2D moving:

Quote
   
What do you need to do now?

Right now, it's business as usual; you can continue to pre-order and buy games just like you do today. We'll keep you informed and send you more details when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, your Direct2Drive account will work as it does now, and we will fully support new releases as usual.

At the beginning of next year, we'll migrate all Direct2Drive services to GameFly. We'll take care of everything for you - transferring your account and purchase history to GameFly so you can pick up right where you left off (you'll just need to reset your password for security). If you already have a GameFly account, we'll combine the two.

Important Information    There are a couple things you can do now to ensure a smooth transition:

1. Download your favorite game purchases from Direct2Drive. We plan to have as many game files as possible available on GameFly. Just to be sure, please download your old game files before the transition.

2. Download all of your non-game files (like Prima Guides). These will not be available on GameFly after the transition.


Once transferred, you'll be able to access your account with one login across GameFly's entire suite of integrated services: The GameFly Client, Web site, and Mobile App.

so not all games may be available?

Just get the key code for any games, enter them into STEAM, and forget about D2D.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 05:31:32 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on December 23, 2011, 05:16:36 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 AM

just got this email about D2D moving:

Quote
   
What do you need to do now?

Right now, it's business as usual; you can continue to pre-order and buy games just like you do today. We'll keep you informed and send you more details when everything is ready to go. In the meantime, your Direct2Drive account will work as it does now, and we will fully support new releases as usual.

At the beginning of next year, we'll migrate all Direct2Drive services to GameFly. We'll take care of everything for you - transferring your account and purchase history to GameFly so you can pick up right where you left off (you'll just need to reset your password for security). If you already have a GameFly account, we'll combine the two.

Important Information    There are a couple things you can do now to ensure a smooth transition:

1. Download your favorite game purchases from Direct2Drive. We plan to have as many game files as possible available on GameFly. Just to be sure, please download your old game files before the transition.

2. Download all of your non-game files (like Prima Guides). These will not be available on GameFly after the transition.


Once transferred, you'll be able to access your account with one login across GameFly's entire suite of integrated services: The GameFly Client, Web site, and Mobile App.

so not all games may be available?

Just get the key code for any games, enter them into STEAM, and forget about D2D.

not every game lets you do this.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »

and Direct2Drive is gone.

 We put the fun in funeral
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 48 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.025s, 2q)