http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 02:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Devil Saga 2 coming October 4  (Read 802 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2005, 07:10:55 AM »

According to RPGamer, Atlus has announced that Digital Devil Saga 2 will ship October 4.  I'm absolutely loving the first one, but it doesn't look like I'll be done with it by the time the sequel comes out.  BTW, for those who have finished it, I'm doing the Deserted Ship area now, so about how far am I through the game?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 07:19:41 AM »

I would say around half-way or so?  Around there.  People complain about Coordinate-136, but I thought it was a pretty neat dungeon.

Can't wait til the second is released!  That's coming up SOON, WOW!!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 07:22:12 AM »

Oh, going along with that, Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the DS is also shipping for Atlus the same day.  Looks like that week will also be a killer for the wallet.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 09:26:21 AM »

I loved Coordinate 136.  It's one of my all-time favorite dungeons in an RPG.  That and the cutscene after finishing the Citadel (with Mick and Jinana) are the best moments of the game so far.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 09:54:26 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I loved Coordinate 136.  It's one of my all-time favorite dungeons in an RPG.  That and the cutscene after finishing the Citadel (with Mick and Jinana) are the best moments of the game so far.

Agreed and agreed.  Fantastic stuff!  The whole "more story content" that the second game is supposed to have has me salivating.  Yes, over a game.  I'm one sad dude  :?

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 07:00:18 PM »

I am waiting for the reviews to tell me if they have fixed the godawful Skies of Arcadia like encounter rate. That single-handedly made me stop playing the first.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 08:39:54 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I am waiting for the reviews to tell me if they have fixed the godawful Skies of Arcadia like encounter rate. That single-handedly made me stop playing the first.

Me too.  I thought the characters, graphics, battle system, story, music, and evey other facet of DDS was great, but the insane encounter rate ruined what was otherwise a fantastic gaming experience.  I'll wait and see about DDS2.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 05:09:11 AM »

I don't know for sure, but I doubt they'd change the encounter rate.  I think it's just the way the Shin Megami Tensei series works, and I don't think they'd change it for this game.  Although it occasionally gets annoying, I actually like the high encouter rate.  It gives the game an "old-school" feel that, along with the "new-school" setting and presentation, makes for a fascinating experience.

Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

Day 1 purchase.  Unquestionably.  

It's not the frequency that gets me: it's how much more intellegently the enemies fight and the far tougher battle match-ups they give you.  And after initial encountering, I'm starting to work the encounters in DDS.  It makes the game proceed much slower than Nocturne, but you are now paying attention in battles.

Next week?! I'm psyched.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: