http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:26:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty of X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse?  (Read 714 times)
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2005, 09:36:46 AM »

No flames please.

I found the original X-Men Legends to be quite difficult.  I replayed too many sections over and over and got lost several times as well.  Because I have very little gaming time, I game up on the game.

Is the new one any easier?
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »

I am personally finding this one to be a bit easier than the first one.  The maps aren't as confusing to me.  I have only had 1 character die so far whom I had to res.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 11:36:49 AM »

I have only played a very little bit near the beginning of the game, but that part was trivially (we're talking Dungeon Siege) easy. It was fun though. It may well get tougher later.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 01:18:10 PM »

I'm at Act 4 right now, and things are pretty easy. Once again you can supercharge one of the meleers (Wolverine or Colossus) with +Damage items, at which point their special attacks practically one-shot your opponents. As long as you don't charge into a roomfull of say 10 guys, things are pretty easy.

Overall though, I say this one is easier than the first. The only time I've ever had anyone die was due to personal stupidity (falling into a 'bottomless' pit of sorts).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 06:11:53 PM »

Good to hear, I was in kind of the same boat.

I got about halfway through the first one and, though I liked it, I found the levels to be a little long, and a little repetetive (probably what made them seem long).  I found each level could have had at least one full board taken out of it with no change to story or gameplay, sometimes more.

How is the second one in that regard?

Also, will I be missing something story-wise if I just skip the rest of the first one and go right to the second?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 08:27:36 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I got about halfway through the first one and, though I liked it, I found the levels to be a little long, and a little repetetive (probably what made them seem long).  I found each level could have had at least one full board taken out of it with no change to story or gameplay, sometimes more.

How is the second one in that regard?

Also, will I be missing something story-wise if I just skip the rest of the first one and go right to the second?

Some of the levels are a bit long, yes, but you gain a power early on to 'port' back to your home base (but only usable every 5 minutes), and from there you can save your game, thus allowing you to play the game in short bursts at a time if you so pleased.

Story wise, not really. The only thing that connects the first game to the second is a short movie right before the end credits of the first title. Beyond that, they're stand alone.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: