http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 08:50:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone pickup Alien Hominid?  (Read 1049 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2004, 05:02:46 PM »

I'm in the mood for another old school shooter, and this one has been getting decent press and looks like a blast to play.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 04:11:27 PM »

I'd really like to, but all of my time is being spent on World of Warcraft, Half-Life 2, Halo 2, and the games for my new Cube (Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart and Zelda).  I have way too much on my plate to pick up another game right now!  I'm sure I will grab it sooner or later, though, at the very least just to support their independent development.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:07:32 PM »

This will have to wait. I have such a big backlog its insane, id rather play the new POP which will have to wait.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 05:10:43 AM »

I picked it up for the 'cube, and it is a lot of fun!  A little too manic at times (hard to tell what to do in some of the boss battles, for example), but no less fun for that.  It has a great style and looks much more polished than a game that started as flash animation should.  Definitely worth $20, but I'm not sure about $30.  It's a light game.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 01:55:12 AM »

I got it and I can say that this game is the new king of 2d old school gaming on the Cube. I think it's worth every penny at 30 bucks, it's addictive, it looks good, plays fast and everything drips style and creativity. It's easily one of the top five side scrollers ever.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 02:47:52 AM »

Sah-weeeet!  Glad to hear you're enjoying it Tebunker.  It will still have to wait until after the holidays for me, though.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: