http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 04:38:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 96135 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: April 08, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 08, 2014, 02:13:09 PM

If you feel the need to cover every square inch of every zone AND you don't like replaying areas... a game like Diablo probably isn't really your type of game fwiw.  It's based around getting to checkpoints and even more so about replaying the same stuff again and again.

Considering the hundreds of hours I've spent with the Diablo series, I'd disagree.  smile

There's a difference between playing through the entire game again at a higher difficulty or with a different class, and having to play through the same huge area tomorrow that I just cleared tonight.  I enjoy the former, the latter...not so much.  And maybe it's just the OCD gamer in me, but I can't imagine leaving huge areas of the maps unexplored.  For me, the chance of finding that legendary item tucked over in a remote corner is a huge part of the draw of these games.

That said, I don't play any MP and am not terribly concerned about getting to the uber high-end gear (I just play Diablo games until I get bored with them), so I'm sure my perspective is different than others.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 08, 2014, 06:06:29 PM »

It's interesting to hear about different ways people to choose to enjoy the Diablo games, I think that's one of the reasons they are considered classics in that they appeal to people for different reasons.  One of the biggest strengths of this expansion IMHO is that it has provided more options to play the game at the pace and duration that you want while still giving you some sense of satisfaction.  If you only have 10 minutes you can jump in and to a few bounties on a lower difficulty.  If you have a big multi-hour play session, you can hunker down with your buddies for a full Act V run in Torment.  There's much more room to just play the way you want now.

For that reason, though, it's hard for me to agree that there is a fault in the design in terms of being too large (again I actually thought it was too small for my taste).  While I understand the OCD nature of wanting to investigate every nook and cranny, that's really all on the individual player and how much time you choose to spend.  The game has been effectively balanced at Normal difficulty in a way that I think pretty much anyone can blast through the entire act very quickly - if they so desire.  Ramping the difficulty or choosing to enter every *optional* spot is 100% up to you, so I don't think it should be criticized for giving those options.  Just my 2 cents. 
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 08, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »

I'm very pleased to see all of the positive commentary about the additions and changes. Once this releases for the PS4, I'm definitely jumping in. If it's true that the PS4 version will bundle the new expansion and the original game, it sounds like the purchase would be a no-brainier.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 08, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 08, 2014, 03:17:12 PM

And maybe it's just the OCD gamer in me, but I can't imagine leaving huge areas of the maps unexplored.  For me, the chance of finding that legendary item tucked over in a remote corner is a huge part of the draw of these games.

I think the odds are just as good that you'd find it in the next area.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 08, 2014, 07:56:06 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 08, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

And maybe it's just the OCD gamer in me, but I can't imagine leaving huge areas of the maps unexplored.  For me, the chance of finding that legendary item tucked over in a remote corner is a huge part of the draw of these games.

It's not just legendaries, but special events. I don't want to miss a special event that I haven't seen yet. I suppose if I researched it, I could find out what events I haven't seen yet and play those areas until I have.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:18 PM »

Quote from: Lee on April 08, 2014, 07:56:06 PM

Quote from: The Grue on April 08, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

It's not just legendaries, but special events. I don't want to miss a special event that I haven't seen yet. I suppose if I researched it, I could find out what events I haven't seen yet and play those areas until I have.

In Adventure Mode, many of the Bounties center on completing special events in the various Acts.  Do enough Bounties and you're guaranteed to see all of the events, except with much high gold and XP rewards at the end.

That said, I tend to explore every corner of the map when I play story mode, too. smile

-Autistic Angel
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »

By the way, how are people feeling about the patch that just went live?  Looks like there are a bunch of changes, including one to bring the Crusader more in line with the Barbarian and Monk:

Quote from: Blizzard
Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 09, 2014, 04:35:27 AM »

Wow, I seriously underestimated the boost that level 60+ gear brings.  Leveled from 59 to 63 tonight.  In the space of literally an hour, my DPS more than quadrupled (20K to over 80K), my armor more than doubled (5K to over 10K), my health tripled, and my critical % went from 8% to 29%.  I'm still undergeared, but the jump between level 59 and 60 was, frankly, a little ridiculous (in a fun way).  I haven't seen anything other than rares yet at this level...the only legendary I've seen wasn't for my class.  frown  My weapon has a worthless Dex stat, but I haven't yet come across the item which is now required to enchant weapons (Death's Breath).  I think I'm pretty close to the end of Act V (at least according to the map), looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

Did have an odd occurrence though.  When I hit 60, I received the achievements for "getting two classes to level 60" and "getting two characters to level 60"...but I've only done it with one character and one class (Crusader).  Strange...

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 09, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »

ron Maiden
This skill no longer erroneously scales with monster difficulty and provides 6102 Thorns @ level 70.

Well that didn't take long.  Was rather awesome watching Rares and Elites crit themselves to death. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 10, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »

New Hot Fixes to Loot Drops

The Bad!
Unique monsters now drop less items.
*Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
*Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.

The Good!
The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
*This means that while in a rift your chance to find a legendary item from monsters, chests, elites, and everything else is double what it is outside of rifts. No this does not mean opening bounty bags in rifts is the new hotness. ;P

Kadala’s legendary drop rate has been significantly increased.
*Blood Shards are meant to be a compelling element of rift rewards and something players are excited to get.

Loot is an incredibly important aspect of Diablo games and we will continue to keep a very close eye on it. If more problems arise we will continue striving to address them. It isn’t our goal to take loot away from people, we just want to make sure they are having as much fun as possible while finding it and these changes all support that goal.

Good hunting and link the loot!

Some good changes there and I guess I can start using my Blood Shards with Kadala now

NiM$
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 10, 2014, 11:37:16 PM »

Sounds like punishment for people who haven't bought the  expansion to me...

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 11, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »

Quote from: JCC on April 10, 2014, 11:37:16 PM

how could you possibly see that?  paranoid?  seems odd.  they didn't say nobody gets loot unless they bought the expansion.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 11, 2014, 12:41:48 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 11, 2014, 12:18:31 AM

Quote from: JCC on April 10, 2014, 11:37:16 PM

how could you possibly see that?  paranoid?  seems odd.  they didn't say nobody gets loot unless they bought the expansion.

They've reduced loot drops in the main game and increased them in content that is expansion only. Seems like a logical inference to me.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 11, 2014, 05:02:30 PM »

FWIW in the session I played last night it didn't seem like there were any less chests or rare drops.  We did 3 (or was it 4) rifts and I think I got one legendary drop (I'm not actually sure it was in the rift or during a bounty).  I got a TON of rares from monsters and chests, unfortunately none were upgrades.  This was in a group of 3 on Torment I.

Kadala's did seem improved.  I rolled 20 shoulders and didn't get anything, but 5 rings I got 2 legendaries so I can't complain too much I guess.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: May 12, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »

Diablo III : Ultimate Evil Edition is coming to PS3/4 and XB360/One on August 19  drool

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: May 12, 2014, 01:59:34 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on May 12, 2014, 01:37:40 PM

Diablo III : Ultimate Evil Edition is coming to PS3/4 and XB360/One on August 19  drool

Fantastic!
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 12, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »

I did about 4-5 rifts last night and got 3 or 4 legendaries and one set piece.

In my experience Kadala has been less than generous frown

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »

Argg.... I thought this was coming to PS4 at the end of May  crybaby

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »

Sweet!  Which next-gen console version to get though???
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 12, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »

Also, THIS!

The Ultimate Evil Edition introduces even more ways for players to share their adventures. A new Apprentice mode boosts low-level players’ power while adventuring with high-level friends, making it easier than ever to play together. Players will also be able to share treasures with other players on their friends lists via an in-game mail system, including mysterious Player Gifts containing rare loot for the adventurer whose name they bear.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 13, 2014, 02:15:38 AM »

I'm surprised to see PS3/360 versions, and now I'm torn.  I was planning on getting the PS4 version, but it's going to cost $60, while the PS3 version will only be $40.  I can't imagine the PS4 version will look that much better, so I might just go with cheaper one, especially with Sacred 3 coming out a week later.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 13, 2014, 03:22:18 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on May 13, 2014, 02:15:38 AM

I'm surprised to see PS3/360 versions, and now I'm torn.  I was planning on getting the PS4 version, but it's going to cost $60, while the PS3 version will only be $40.  I can't imagine the PS4 version will look that much better, so I might just go with cheaper one, especially with Sacred 3 coming out a week later.
I've played a lot Diablo 3 on the PS3.  It's good.  But when I compare it to the PC, the graphics are kind of rough.  If the PS4 version is similar to the PC, I'd go with that.  I'll be triple dipping with the PS4 version.   
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2542 on: May 13, 2014, 03:27:12 AM »

emphasis mine.  somewhat suspicious timing, eh Blizzard?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2543 on: May 13, 2014, 04:35:40 AM »

For this particular game, the differences are likely to be larger than just graphics. The current-gen versions will be closer to the PC version in terms of things like number of enemies, for example.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 13, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 13, 2014, 04:35:40 AM

For this particular game, the differences are likely to be larger than just graphics. The current-gen versions will be closer to the PC version in terms of things like number of enemies, for example.

I hadn't thought of that, and I think Blizzard did say the PS4/XBOne versions would have greater monster density.  I need an excuse to buy a PS4 anyway, so I guess I'm back to the PS4 version.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 12, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

Argg.... I thought this was coming to PS4 at the end of May  crybaby

I did, too.  I'm bummed it's so far down the line, but happy it's coming at all.

I will also be triple dipping on this.  Has there been any word on your character/save transferring to the new one?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2546 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 13, 2014, 02:02:39 PM

I will also be triple dipping on this.  Has there been any word on your character/save transferring to the new one?

Yes, this is something they've mentioned from the first day this game was announced. You can transfer characters (one way only, and permanently) from PS3 to PS4, and from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 13, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »

OK so that's PS4: 2, XB1: 0 so far!  I'll just go with whatever the majority is here  nod

I was reading about the hardware differences, sounds like it's fairly negligible (PS4 has better graphics memory or something like that?) so I'm assuming both versions will be in 1080p...
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2548 on: May 13, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »

I'm getting the PS4 version too, as if that's going to surprise anyone around here...
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 13, 2014, 05:49:37 PM »

I might triple dip on this on PS4... depends on what else I'm playing at the time. I'm playing the ever loving crap out of the PC version right now.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: May 13, 2014, 06:55:36 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 13, 2014, 04:50:10 PM

OK so that's PS4: 2, XB1: 0 so far!  I'll just go with whatever the majority is here  nod

I was reading about the hardware differences, sounds like it's fairly negligible (PS4 has better graphics memory or something like that?) so I'm assuming both versions will be in 1080p...

They might (and should) be for this title but based on the history of XB1/PS4 multiplats you should not assume they will both be 1080p.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 14, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »

Double rift fragments and double legendary chances this weekend
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 14, 2014, 06:41:29 PM »

Some good changes in that last patch for the Crusader.  Don't feel so gimped by going one hander now

NiM$
TheRockFrog
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 14, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »

I too was disappointed it's not here earlier but I can wait...loved playing it on my PS3
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 26, 2014, 09:18:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 14, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

I heard they made this bonus a permanent change.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2555 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:52 AM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on May 26, 2014, 09:18:23 PM

My impression was that "only" the legendary drop chance would be retained, not the rest of it.
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 28, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 27, 2014, 05:01:52 AM

My impression was that "only" the legendary drop chance would be retained, not the rest of it.

Based on my experience, I'd guess that only the Blackthorns set has had it's drop rate raised....  Roll Eyes
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 29, 2014, 01:43:53 AM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on May 28, 2014, 09:07:00 PM

Quote from: TiLT on May 27, 2014, 05:01:52 AM

Based on my experience, I'd guess that only the Blackthorns set has had it's drop rate raised....  Roll Eyes

LOL.

Legendary rate is definitely upped/same as it was during the anniversary or whatever.

Blood Shards are back to normal but who cares because FFFUUUUUUU Kadala.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 29, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »

Too funny Ed - I've got like 5-6 BTs. Pre-patch I was dying for my 3rd piece and now I can't salvage them fast enough smile

Agreed Gellar - If I have to hear her say 'I've seen better' one more time I'm gonna behead her!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 11, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »

Sony revealed at E3 that the PS3 and PS4 versions of the Ultimate Evil Edition will have a Nephalem Rift filled with monsters from The Last of Us and a set of armor based on Shadow of The Colossus.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: