http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 11:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 86534 times)
siege
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: September 04, 2013, 06:15:29 PM »

I've completed Act 1 and it's safe to say I prefer the console version. Feels better on a game pad, better loot drops, and couch coop is awesome of course. Playing on hard normal mode is pretty challenging so far but aside from losing item durability on death, there really isn't much of a penalty considering you can re spawn at your corpse after five seconds. I'm sure the gold hit will be a pain in later difficulties, however.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: September 04, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »

Quote from: siege on September 04, 2013, 06:15:29 PM

I've completed Act 1 and it's safe to say I prefer the console version. Feels better on a game pad, better loot drops, and couch coop is awesome of course. Playing on hard normal mode is pretty challenging so far but aside from losing item durability on death, there really isn't much of a penalty considering you can re spawn at your corpse after five seconds. I'm sure the gold hit will be a pain in later difficulties, however.

I feel like there are way less drops than the PC version (granted it's been months since I played on PC so not sure if that's changed)
siege

View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 04, 2013, 07:33:10 PM

I feel like there are way less drops than the PC version (granted it's been months since I played on PC so not sure if that's changed)

That's correct. Less drops, better chance at quality loot that actually benefits the class you're playing.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: September 05, 2013, 05:47:35 AM »

Quote from: siege on September 04, 2013, 08:00:49 PM

That's correct. Less drops, better chance at quality loot that actually benefits the class you're playing.

Meaning, yes it has changed on the PC as well. Known officially as "Loot 2.0".  icon_wink

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 05, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 05, 2013, 05:47:35 AM

Meaning, yes it has changed on the PC as well. Known officially as "Loot 2.0".  icon_wink
Has it changed already on PC?  I thought that patch was still in development? 
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 06, 2013, 12:31:23 AM »

I've got my toon up to about level 17 I think and I've already come across 2 legendaries - and the kicker here is that they can actually be USED by my character!! (unlike the PC version  finger)

I like the interface and quite enjoy sitting on my couch and playing.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 06, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »

Oh so you did get it Romy?  We'll have to hook up next week.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:45 AM »

what can I say - you're a great salesman!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 06, 2013, 02:09:18 AM »

Quote from: Roman on September 06, 2013, 01:44:45 AM

what can I say - you're a great salesman!

Hahaha what was my message? "I like it!" or something like that?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 06, 2013, 03:23:21 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 05, 2013, 05:34:11 PM

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 05, 2013, 05:47:35 AM

Has it changed already on PC?  I thought that patch was still in development?

It's still in development for the PC.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: September 07, 2013, 04:11:42 AM »

Played up to level 21 today - and I got 3 count em 3 legendary drops in one session!
Too bad the PC version wasn't this generous........

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: September 07, 2013, 04:38:37 AM »

Well dang, it is different on the consoles - or as they say on their forums:

So, again: not completely the same, not completely different. The changes made to console contain elements of Loot 2.0, but the experience isn't identical nor is it as comprehensive (also keep in mind that some tweaks were specific to console and are not currently planned for PC).

Full discussion here. Seven pages of drama so far but it seems the pertinent bits are in the large blue post on the first page.

-craig

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: September 07, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »

So how does targeting work?  The GT review didn't touch on it all (yet gave a 95 for controls?) and it is my biggest concern with the console version.  The deeper you get into the game the more important it is to single out certain monsters in a group.  summoners, elites, etc.  Playing in higher difficulties and this becomes critical.  The PC version pissed me off with the auction house BS and terrible loot drops but damn if I don't love a good ARPG so I am not totally opposed to giving them another $50.  I tend not to hold gaming grudges smile

morlac00 on PSN
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: September 07, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »

How do they handle area target spells on the console?  I've seen a couple of videos but none have seem to have showed how that works.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: September 07, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on September 07, 2013, 03:03:22 PM

How do they handle area target spells on the console?  I've seen a couple of videos but none have seem to have showed how that works.

The direction you point the left stick highlights a mob and that's where you fire.  The twin stick thing works really well. 
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: September 07, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

I want this for couch coop with the wife. I really don't want to double dip... Well see how long I can hold off...
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: September 07, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on September 07, 2013, 05:24:39 PM

I want this for couch coop with the wife. I really don't want to double dip... Well see how long I can hold off...

I felt the same way - I traded in a few games and ended up on top - $61 in trades vs $49.99 purchase. Glad I did it!

WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: September 07, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »

Quote from: morlac on September 07, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

So how does targeting work?  The GT review didn't touch on it all (yet gave a 95 for controls?) and it is my biggest concern with the console version.  The deeper you get into the game the more important it is to single out certain monsters in a group.  summoners, elites, etc.  Playing in higher difficulties and this becomes critical.  The PC version pissed me off with the auction house BS and terrible loot drops but damn if I don't love a good ARPG so I am not totally opposed to giving them another $50.  I tend not to hold gaming grudges smile
Holding the left trigger will target a specific enemy, everything else is just standard twin stick. I find that with my barbarian it's really intuitive and well done. I tend to jump in and out of combat and dodge when needed, targeting specific enemies first and then whittling the rest down.

I'm on 360 if anyone wants to co-op.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: September 07, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »

I may have to rent the 360 version at some point just to check it out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: September 07, 2013, 09:10:33 PM »

Count me in as another person who is extremely impressed with the 360 version of Diablo III.  I am playing a Monk on Hard difficulty level, and have not enjoyed playing a character class of any type in any game this much since the Assassin in Diablo II.  I'm not entirely sure if I would enjoy the ranged characters as much, as I like the precision targeting with my Witch Hunter using the mouse.  But for melee characters at least... I am loving this on the xbox!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2260 on: September 07, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

So, for those of you enjoying this on the console, were any of you sorely disappointed in the PC version?  I wanted to like Diablo 3 when it launched, but gave up on it very early because of the problems and poor choices they made.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: September 07, 2013, 09:28:05 PM »

I didn't really enjoy it on the PC to be honest.  So little in fact... I didn't even finish Act II on the initial playthrough.  I still consider myself about 70/30 PC gamer over Console gamer - but I enjoy D3 much more on console so far.  That being said... I also enjoyed Torchlight more on the 360 than on the PC - which is probably not true of most people.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: September 08, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »

When I played through the game on the PC (2 or 3 times I think) I obviously didn't hate it. I did however grow tired of the terrible drops and the perceived need that I needed to hit the AH in order to progress further at many many points.

I like the console version plain and simple. I like the dual sticks, I like that I don't have to keep one 'eye' on the keyboard so I don't mis-press a key etc.

As I posted earlier I got 3 legendaries in one sitting - that makes 4-5 in the first 21 levels or so. On the PC I got maybe 3 in 3 play throughs - only 1 of which was for my barb. It was actually a shitty pair of boots....

Colour me impressed and satisfied.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: September 08, 2013, 04:38:36 AM »

Thinking I'll wait and pick this up on the PS4...

-craig

KC

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: September 08, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »

Would it be possible to add gamepad controller support to the PC version via a patch?
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: September 08, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »

Nice to hear the console version is a better version.   Doesn't surprise me since the PC version was so beat up by the fans. 

I will also wait on the PS4 version.  Hopefully the game will come out within a couple months of the PS4.  Definitely a day one buyer.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: September 08, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Reportedly, saves from the PS3 version will transfer to the PS4 version.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: September 08, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »

Quote from: Roman on September 07, 2013, 04:11:42 AM

Played up to level 21 today - and I got 3 count em 3 legendary drops in one session!
Too bad the PC version wasn't this generous........

The PC version was to focused in its original design on the long term hardcore grinders with its real world auction house and super low high level loot drops. They wanted it to be about people in MMO's that redo dungeon/raids over and over to get one cool item.
siege

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: September 09, 2013, 12:39:25 AM »

Got my WD up to level 36 tonight. Almost to Act 2 Nightmare. I tried playing on the Master 1 setting and holy shit is it hard. I guess I'm not well equipped enough just yet.   icon_razz
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: September 09, 2013, 04:02:31 AM »

According to the Playstation blog, there's a demo coming to PSN this Tuesday.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: September 09, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »

I am really interested in this on the PS4 now, as I've had a lot of fun with the PS3 version, but the constant screen tearing and slowdown is annoying.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: September 09, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »

no screen tear here but I do get the odd hiccup when walking etc. not a deal breaker imho.
maybe if I installed it wouldn't happen? meh. 

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: September 10, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »

I would love for controller support to come to the PC version. After I finish making my way through Normal with my Barbarian I want to take a Monk through it, preferably with a controller since it sounds more fun that way.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: September 14, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »

Just beat normal mode at level 31 and my barb is in almost full legendaries.  Including 2 x 1h swords.  Loot is so much better on the console.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2274 on: September 14, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 14, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

Just beat normal mode at level 31 and my barb is in almost full legendaries.  Including 2 x 1h swords.  Loot is so much better on the console.

Man, I really hope the Loot 2.0 patch for PC makes it much more like this.  That might be enough for me to actually try it again.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: September 14, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 14, 2013, 08:12:03 PM

Man, I really hope the Loot 2.0 patch for PC makes it much more like this.  That might be enough for me to actually try it again.

I'm half tempted to re-install just to see how many legendaries my character didn't have.  only played through normal, and I think I had maybe 1 drop...

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: September 15, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 14, 2013, 09:27:28 PM

I'm half tempted to re-install just to see how many legendaries my character didn't have.  only played through normal, and I think I had maybe 1 drop...

I've taken a Witch Doctor through Normal and Nightmare, a Monk through Normal and half of Nightmare, a Wizard through Normal, and I have a Level 10 Barbarian, and I've never seen a single Legendary in over 100 hours of game time.  I never really felt the need for one, though, as even as a single player with Monster Power at 4 or 5, the game is still rather easy.  If Loot 2.0 is going to introduce much better items, they're going to have to make the game much more difficult.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: September 16, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 15, 2013, 09:36:25 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 14, 2013, 09:27:28 PM

I've taken a Witch Doctor through Normal and Nightmare, a Monk through Normal and half of Nightmare, a Wizard through Normal, and I have a Level 10 Barbarian, and I've never seen a single Legendary in over 100 hours of game time.  I never really felt the need for one, though, as even as a single player with Monster Power at 4 or 5, the game is still rather easy.  If Loot 2.0 is going to introduce much better items, they're going to have to make the game much more difficult.

I feel the same about loot. I want legendary loot if it looks cooler, but I certainly don't need it to get through normal and nightmare.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: September 17, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »

Auction house closing on March 18th, 2014!

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: September 17, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »

what the H?

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-kills-diablo-iii-real-money-auction-house-1335035020

"remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III." effective on March 18, 2014.

Bliz has admitted " it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot"

not sure how I feel about this.  too little, too late?

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: