http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 12:29:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 81563 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: June 13, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »

Yup, but it should be easy enough to convert back to item or gold then resell (once gold selling is enabled, and that will carry a 15% fee like all commodities)

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: June 13, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »

To report back on Mac performance... Well, 1.02B fucked it up!!! They said it would improve Mac performance but it many cases its way worse. I thought it was a latency issue, but after testing and reading online I found out otherwise. My fps are usually really solid, but out of the blue, when nothing is even intense, they drop to 10, then way back up. Rinse and repeat.

Well, blizzard has recreated it already and is testing it from what I've read on the forums. So that's good. Being horribly addicted to an awesome game, then out of the blue it being unplayable=not fun!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 13, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 13, 2012, 03:13:56 PM

according to all the people posting on the official forums, including at least one blue, you HAVE to choose paypal when creating the auction.  Once funds are in the battlenet account, there they stay.

Notice the line you quoted doesn't actually counter this, it is just worded less than clearly.  You lose 15% when you choose for the money to go to paypal.

Right, you pay 15% to get real money to PayPal, but you can do it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 13, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »

What type of items (stat wise) should I be holding onto to sell on the RMAH?  It's hard for me to tell from just doing searches on the auction house as you can't see completed auctions.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 13, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on June 13, 2012, 05:29:21 PM

What type of items (stat wise) should I be holding onto to sell on the RMAH?  It's hard for me to tell from just doing searches on the auction house as you can't see completed auctions.

I would be interested in this as well.  I do know any main stat (int, dex, str) combined with +vitality are good items.  Attack speed, movement speed are also good.

So, a pair of boots that have +int, +vitality and movement speed
OR
a  +dex, +vitality and + movement speed = really good pairs of boots.
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 13, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »

What type of items (stat wise) should I be holding onto to sell on the RMAH?  It's hard for me to tell from just doing searches on the auction house as you can't see completed auctions.

+Vitality and at least one other primary attribute
+Resist gear (in particular +All Resist)
+Damage rings / amulets (although it's currently impossible to search for these properly, so their AH'ing value is minimal until that bug is fixed)
+Attack speed (which is basically +damage, of course) weapons, gloves, rings and amulets (I don't think it shows up on anything else)
+Crit Chance / Crit Damage
+Life on Hit (or other healing bonuses, but my sense is that +Life on Hit is currently more prized than the others)
+Sockets are always good, too -- especially on helms (for the +% life gem) or weapons (for the +damage ruby or +crit damage emerald)
+Reduced Level Requirement (primarily on L60 items, as this lets people below 60 use end-game quality gear, which gives you a much larger market to sell to)

Of course, just one of those things generally isn't enough to make an item AH-worthy, I find...but if it has two or three (or more) than it's worth considering. You also have to pay attention to the magnitude of the bonuses versus the item level: if the attribute bonuses are only +25 or something on a L50 item, it's trash regardless of whatever else it might have.

All of that said, I'm far from an expert at the game or the AH, so others may have better suggestions...

EDIT> Oh, and I forgot +Magic Find and +Gold Find, which are obviously popular things to have, although I've never searched for them on the AH myself, so I have no idea how much they're selling for.

- Ash
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:03:08 PM by Asharak » Logged
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:27 PM »

Quote from: Asharak on June 13, 2012, 06:34:16 PM

+Vitality and at least one other primary attribute
+Resist gear (in particular +All Resist)
+Damage rings / amulets (although it's currently impossible to search for these properly, so their AH'ing value is minimal until that bug is fixed)
+Attack speed (which is basically +damage, of course) weapons, gloves, rings and amulets (I don't think it shows up on anything else)
+Crit Chance / Crit Damage
+Life on Hit (or other healing bonuses, but my sense is that +Life on Hit is currently more prized than the others)
+Sockets are always good, too -- especially on helms (for the +% life gem) or weapons (for the +damage ruby or +crit damage emerald)
+Reduced Level Requirement (primarily on L60 items, as this lets people below 60 use end-game quality gear, which gives you a much larger market to sell to)

Of course, just one of those things generally isn't enough to make an item AH-worthy, I find...but if it has two or three (or more) than it's worth considering. You also have to pay attention to the magnitude of the bonuses versus the item level: if the attribute bonuses are only +25 or something on a L50 item, it's trash regardless of whatever else it might have.

All of that said, I'm far from an expert at the game or the AH, so others may have better suggestions...

EDIT> Oh, and I forgot +Magic Find and +Gold Find, which are obviously popular things to have, although I've never searched from them on the AH myself, so I have no idea how much they're selling for.

- Ash
Thank You, that really helps

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on June 13, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

according to all the people posting on the official forums, including at least one blue, you HAVE to choose paypal when creating the auction.  Once funds are in the battlenet account, there they stay.

Notice the line you quoted doesn't actually counter this, it is just worded less than clearly.  You lose 15% when you choose for the money to go to paypal.

I'm not sure if we're saying the same thing or not.  Your statements keep making me think you think you can convert battlenet funds to cash through paypal and you can't.  Not without 'laundering' the money through another auction which means you lose more listing fees.  You HAVE to choose paypal as the means of getting money up front, not battlenet funds.

Can I convert my Battle.net Balance into cash?
Any amount you add to your Battle.net Balance, either through an approved payment method or by adding Diablo III auction house earnings to your Battle.net Balance, will not be refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and you are not able to convert that Balance into cash. Battle.net Balance can only be used to buy designated Blizzard Entertainment products and services or to acquire items from Diablo III's currency-based auction house. In certain regions, Diablo III players may choose to receive cash, rather than add to their Battle.net Balance, from the sale of an item from the currency-based auction house. Those players will be able to do so via PayPal for an additional fee. Players will need to determine which method they wish to use at the time they post their auction. For more information on the currency-based auction house, see the Auction House FAQ
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2048 on: June 13, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »

Just sold one of my leveling items (low-mid 40s item with a lot of int) for $5.70 ($3.99 after Paypal/Blizz Fees).  Yay free(ish) moniez!
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 14, 2012, 05:26:56 AM »

My first attempt of a sale towards my Paypal ended with someone buying my item for 13.50 and an hour later getting auction failed (error 0).

Very descriptive.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 14, 2012, 07:13:58 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 12, 2012, 09:22:16 PM

what did you list and for how much?  trying to get a feel for the breaking point of making a sale

it was actually a fairly good amulet for a monk and i'm kicking myself for not listing at double the price at least. it had like 150 vit 200 some dex and 160 some LOH

I sold some shitty MF chest earlier for 10 bucks lol. only 60 bucks til i get my game paid for!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 14, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 13, 2012, 10:54:03 PM

Quote from: The Grue on June 13, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

I'm not sure if we're saying the same thing or not.  Your statements keep making me think you think you can convert battlenet funds to cash through paypal and you can't.  Not without 'laundering' the money through another auction which means you lose more listing fees.  You HAVE to choose paypal as the means of getting money up front, not battlenet funds.

Can I convert my Battle.net Balance into cash?
Any amount you add to your Battle.net Balance, either through an approved payment method or by adding Diablo III auction house earnings to your Battle.net Balance, will not be refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and you are not able to convert that Balance into cash. Battle.net Balance can only be used to buy designated Blizzard Entertainment products and services or to acquire items from Diablo III's currency-based auction house. In certain regions, Diablo III players may choose to receive cash, rather than add to their Battle.net Balance, from the sale of an item from the currency-based auction house. Those players will be able to do so via PayPal for an additional fee. Players will need to determine which method they wish to use at the time they post their auction. For more information on the currency-based auction house, see the Auction House FAQ

You and I have the same understanding.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 14, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »

cool, just trying to make sure nobody gets screwed out of money.  I have a feeling a fair number of people will by thinking you can transfer out of battlenet funds later.
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 14, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 14, 2012, 04:16:01 PM

cool, just trying to make sure nobody gets screwed out of money.  I have a feeling a fair number of people will by thinking you can transfer out of battlenet funds later.

I was under the assumption that I could to paypall and it would cost me 15%.  So that's not the case in the US?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 14, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »

Quote from: Travis on June 14, 2012, 07:54:29 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 14, 2012, 04:16:01 PM

I was under the assumption that I could to paypall and it would cost me 15%.  So that's not the case in the US?

you can only get the money into paypal, if you choose paypal when you setup the auction.  You can not auction into your battlenet funds and then transfer to paypal.  battlenet funds is the default when you create an auction, so a lot of people are choosing it.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2055 on: June 15, 2012, 03:51:12 AM »

It's not clear if you just go to the auction house, but there are certain requirements to send money to paypal.  Obviously you need a paypal account.  You also need to have all the security features activated on your account.  So you will need the authenticator/mobile authenticator and SMS alerts configured on the battlenet website (under 'account' -> security options).  Then you need to add your paypal account as a method of payment on the battlenet website (under account -> settings -> payment options).  After all that is configured and confirmed, you may set up an auction that pays out to paypal.  The first time each session that you set up a paypal auction you will need to enter the SMS code. So in summary you need:

• Battle.net account with Diablo III activated
  • Authenticator/Mobile Authenticator Activated
  • SMS Alerts Activated
  • Paypal Account added
  • Select Paypal at the time of auction creation
  • Enter SMS authorization code

Simple, right?  Actually, it's not that hard.  I just wished someone had spelled it out for me, so I spelled it out in case someone else needs it.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 15, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »

Well money has finally made it to my paypal account.  Seems to take at least 24 hours.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 15, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »

can now semi-farm siegebreaker with 5 stacks. I'm about 3k dps short, so i still quite a bit getting the stacks especially if there's no room to kite.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: June 16, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »

looks like a good possibility of the patch being tuesday. here's some data mined values remember this is not official http://d3db.com/news/id/268-datamined-10310057-patch-notes-unofficial/

if true IAS is now useless. I'm already finding pieces to replace them on the cheap just in case.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 17, 2012, 12:24:17 AM »

I wouldn't call it useless, so much as that much harder to stack, and you may more often find that a non-ias item has better stats that the 5% just doesnt make up for where 13% felt harder to pass on. If people perceive it as useless, though, prices on IAS gear might drop.

Personally, what I think they should have done before they did this was make IAS additive to weapon speed rather than multiplicative (I.e. have 10% add .1 to weapon speed rather than .1*wpn speed). That might have tempered the issue without having to cut the values so dramatically.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 17, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »

going from 15% to 4% is a wasted stat. that's nothing basically. so stupid when they could've just put a DR on it.

blizzard's balancing team needs to take a closer look at the SC2 team. WoW is balanced like shit and now Diablo 3 is suffering the same fate. Honestly, who fucking cares that people stacked IAS? how could they not see that casters would do that in the first place? I mean, this isn't a competitive game. i just wanna shoot mobs and get loot, that's all. PvP will be a joke anyways having actually played it.

edit:this graph from reddit speaks volume

http://i.imgur.com/fdFDy.png

ouch. Like i said, get replacement now while it's cheap because there's a very good possibility this is going in tuesday. you can replace amulets for about 100k easily.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:23:14 AM by jersoc » Logged
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 17, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on June 16, 2012, 06:26:20 PM

looks like a good possibility of the patch being tuesday. here's some data mined values remember this is not official http://d3db.com/news/id/268-datamined-10310057-patch-notes-unofficial/

if true IAS is now useless. I'm already finding pieces to replace them on the cheap just in case.

I hope! Fix my d3 blizzard, it worked fine and you tinkered with it too much. I can't sleep without diablo!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 17, 2012, 06:28:02 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 17, 2012, 08:00:03 AM

Quote from: jersoc on June 16, 2012, 06:26:20 PM

I hope! Fix my d3 blizzard, it worked fine and you tinkered with it too much. I can't sleep without diablo!
I'm pretty sure you can't sleep because of D3.  In any case, I only want to be survivable with my DH and Barb without suffering a huge drop in DPS.  If the IAS drops kill the DH's DPS too much I'll probably start up another character for a while until they tweak things back a bit. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 18, 2012, 07:11:01 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure they considered the effect the sudden drop in dps will have on many folks.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 18, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »

Sucks for those who dropped money on the RMAH for high ias weapons and gear, heh. Fortunately my wiz has no ias gear so that huge nerf won't hurt my character.

I'm just looking forward to being able to continue inferno. 35k HP and 27k dps with 60% res to all (can push to 70% with prismatic armor) and act 2+ inferno still annihilates me.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 18, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on June 18, 2012, 02:44:40 PM

Sucks for those who dropped money on the RMAH for high ias weapons and gear, heh.

You know, I never thought about this.  Blizzard certainly needs to be careful with how they change things in the game as people are spending real money to buy items and if they suddenly change something that makes an item not worth as much, there is no recourse for the consumer.  I'm guessing they've attempted to protect themselves from being sued for something like this in the EULA, but that won't stop someone from bringing up a lawsuit to attempt to challenge it.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 18, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »

You're absolutely right about that and that's one of the reasons I would not spend a dime on the RMAH. Blizzard has said the changes to ias will be retroactive so its not like they are letting you have the items as they were bought or found. I think that part might be a mistake... It effects the balance to not retro change those attributes but you risk seriously pissing off a customer who spent real dollars to acquire the item.

While I don't like the idea of a RMAH anyway, blizzard created the demon and needs to play fair by it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 19, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »

Confirmed 1.0.3 is out today! Hoping to make some progress on Inferno past act 2.5 tonight!

X360 - Nonnahob

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 19, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on June 19, 2012, 01:37:29 PM

Confirmed 1.0.3 is out today! Hoping to make some progress on Inferno past act 2.5 tonight!

Hopefully it fixes my Mac performance that was perfect until they patched it last time...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: June 19, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 19, 2012, 04:17:08 PM

Hopefully it fixes my Mac performance that was perfect until they patched it last time...

WIN32 FTW. Tongue slywink

/flees

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Crabbs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on June 18, 2012, 04:38:46 PM

You're absolutely right about that and that's one of the reasons I would not spend a dime on the RMAH. Blizzard has said the changes to ias will be retroactive so its not like they are letting you have the items as they were bought or found. I think that part might be a mistake... It effects the balance to not retro change those attributes but you risk seriously pissing off a customer who spent real dollars to acquire the item.

While I don't like the idea of a RMAH anyway, blizzard created the demon and needs to play fair by it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Thing is though, Blizzard has talked about the 1.03 changes & Legendary changes well before the RMAH launched. Don't see how anyone can be pissed about it not being retroactive , besides the regular internet forum whining.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2071 on: June 19, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »

What happened with your performance? I think we have the same iMacs but I haven't seen any issues. Did the game slow down?

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 19, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »

Will you people speak English, for Gods sake???????

What does ias stand for?
 eek
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 19, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »

Increased Attack Speed

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 19, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on June 19, 2012, 05:01:18 PM

What happened with your performance? I think we have the same iMacs but I haven't seen any issues. Did the game slow down?

No issues here either on a MBP. Everything seemed better with the last patch.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 19, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on June 19, 2012, 05:47:21 PM

What does ias stand for?
 eek

Thank you.....in my pride I've been trying to figure out this one for a week or more,,

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 19, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 19, 2012, 06:13:55 PM

What does ias stand for?
 eek

Thank you.....in my pride I've been trying to figure out this one for a week or more,,
Here ya go
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: June 19, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 19, 2012, 06:19:23 PM

What does ias stand for?
 eek

Here ya go

much handier. You know, to get the definition right on the results page . Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 19, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »

Quote from: Purge on June 19, 2012, 06:57:34 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 19, 2012, 06:19:23 PM

What does ias stand for?
 eek

Here ya go

much handier. You know, to get the definition right on the results page . Tongue

um, purge... the first result clearly says 'increased attack speed' on mine
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 19, 2012, 09:46:42 PM »

Oiy... don't know how this will play out. My DPS has dropped considerably, though I had no ias gear.

From looking through the forums (which are 99% complaining right now) it seems sparkflint was showing a 30% increase in damage instead of 15%. I can't confirm or deny.

Act 2 doesn't seem less difficult to me on inferno.

My first repair bill was 26,000 gold. At the point which I repaired, I had made 12,000 since starting. This does not equal out. Gold drops seem dismal.

X360 - Nonnahob

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: