http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 05:41:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 98548 times)
jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 06, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »

Next patch info, sounds great. Having most inferno loot drop in hell act 4 should help with people not quite ready for act 1 and having it drop in all acts in inferno is going to be a welcome change. The MP changes will be most welcomed as I never did inferno with others because it wasn't worth getting 1 shotted. I think blizzard is addressing lots of the core problems with the game right now in this patch. Too bad it's probably 4 weeks out frown
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 06, 2012, 07:31:10 PM »

So they aren't going to increase the monster strength in co-op, even in normal?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 06, 2012, 07:53:53 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 06, 2012, 07:31:10 PM

It doesnt now in normal.  Only hp goes up. 
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 06, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 06, 2012, 07:53:53 PM

Oh, I thoughts that what they meant. Does actual attack power go up in any other level?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 06, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 06, 2012, 08:57:55 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 06, 2012, 07:53:53 PM

Oh, I thoughts that what they meant. Does actual attack power go up in any other level?

currently yes, that's what they are going to change.

http://www.clicktoloot.com/p/combat.html#multiplayer%20scaling

Normal

# Players    HP%    Damage%
1    100%    100%
2    175%    100%
3    250%    100%
4    325%    100%

Nightmare

1    100%    100%
2    185%    105%
3    270%    110%
4    355%    115%

Hell

1    100%    100%
2    195%    110%
3    290%    120%
4    385%    130%

Inferno

1    100%    100%
2    210%    115%
3    320%    130%
4    430%    145%
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 06, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »

so the current problem is that as hard as stuff hits in inferno solo, it hits even harder with more players so you go from being 2 shot to being 1 shot AND it takes far more damage to kill them.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 07, 2012, 04:09:40 AM »

So glad to hear they are addressing the damage boost crap. It makes no sense. I don't gain more HP when I play with friends, so why punish me for it?

Also looking forward to the loot tables being updated. Almost 70 hours on my wiz, 20 on barbarian and I've yet to have a legendary drop or find a rare worth much on the auctions house. Into inferno now and trying to gear myself is painstaking when I'm getting crap drops still.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:51 AM »

Mac users: blizzard says the new patch made performance better. It already run well for me, but better is better! So I was going to go to bed after this beer on the patio, but after reading this and literally it only took me to see this thread, im hopping on for an hr... Or two...If you can't tell, I love blizzards cool aid!
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 07, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 06, 2012, 09:31:11 PM

so the current problem is that as hard as stuff hits in inferno solo, it hits even harder with more players so you go from being 2 shot to being 1 shot AND it takes far more damage to kill them.

pretty much, it was just broken in inferno. more than 2 people and good luck! you can a molten or plague and you're fucked. you aren't killing it w/o 10 deaths.

also the reports of the goblin farm  nerf are wrong. he's there just as much. no clue why people were saying it was nerfed.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 07, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

Diablo IncGamers pointed out a Reddit D3 Q&A with a couple Blizz devs:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/amaa-for-diablo-iii-underway
*Lots of interesting info, and details on forthcoming patches/balancing changes. Couldn't really decided on something to pull quote like I normally do.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2010 on: June 07, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 07, 2012, 06:31:51 AM

Mac users: blizzard says the new patch made performance better. It already run well for me, but better is better! So I was going to go to bed after this beer on the patio, but after reading this and literally it only took me to see this thread, im hopping on for an hr... Or two...If you can't tell, I love blizzards cool aid!

Did it improve? I've been pretty happy and it already performs well and looks amazing on the 27" imac.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 07, 2012, 04:19:30 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on June 07, 2012, 03:32:57 PM

Did it improve? I've been pretty happy and it already performs well and looks amazing on the 27" imac.

They say it did;). Like I said as well, I've had good performance since the beginning. They didn't specify anything at all, just said Mac performance increased.. It seemed to be no different than before. But with vsync on I wouldn't see the difference if I got, say an extra 5 or 10 more fps. On top of that I didnt play a ton since the patch..
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 07, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 07, 2012, 04:19:30 PM

They say it did;). Like I said as well, I've had good performance since the beginning. They didn't specify anything at all, just said Mac performance increased.. It seemed to be no different than before. But with vsync on I wouldn't see the difference if I got, say an extra 5 or 10 more fps. On top of that I didnt play a ton since the patch..

Cool - I'm running on a MBP so I will actually notice a performance improvement... will report back tonight.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2013 on: June 07, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »

Is the commodities market fixed?  It's running.  I can search for gems, and it will give me a price and show the average price.  I can then buy them at the listed price.  Then I get the gem(s) plus a small rebate.  The rebate might be the difference between the listed price and the (updated?) average price.  Is that how it's supposed to work?  Regardless, it's nice to be able to buy gems and crafting materials again.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 07, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 07, 2012, 05:49:41 PM

Cool - I'm running on a MBP so I will actually notice a performance improvement... will report back tonight.

I will also chime in if anything runs noticeably better after I play for hours tonight!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 08, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

I finally got around to reading the Blizz blog post about the upcoming patch:
We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional player in a coop game.

Our design goal is for players who prefer to play solo to be able to play solo, and players who prefer to play in groups to be able to play in a group. We feel the bonus monster damage per additional player is one of the biggest inhibitors to wanting to play with your friends.
I may be misreading that, but it seems like they're saying because co-op teams get a damage bonus per additional player that seems to largely make an already mostly too easy game too easier, removing said bonus should -- in theory -- keep co-op teams from feeling they have it too easy.

Though it's basically debuffing co-op teams from what they are now, rather than buffing up the enemy mobs faced in co-op games.

I still feel like it's the mostly wildly imbalanced, erratic-difficulty game I've ever played in my life. I can only speak to Normal, Nightmare and early Hell modes. I can spend an hour being all but bored, and the next 10 minutes terrified. Sometimes vice versa. It depends so heavily on the modifiers on elite enemy groups, and if they're something diabolical, you get a real challenge, you might even have to work together with someone and think about what you're doing; if the modifiers aren't there, sometimes it's like you're beating up L1 rats in an old fashioned RPG.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:57:10 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 08, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »

you've got it completely backwards BJ, they are removing the monsters doing extra damage to players in inferno, not the other way around.  Currently (as I shared the diagram above) as you add players in Inferno the monsters start doing more damage.  This is what is going away.  Monsters will still get more hp and take longer to kill to make up for there being more players hitting them, but they will no longer have increased damage versus the players.

Any game can seem wildly imbalanced if you don't know wtf is going on
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 08, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 08, 2012, 05:00:41 PM

you've got it completely backwards BJ, they are removing the monsters doing extra damage to players in inferno, not the other way around.  Currently (as I shared the diagram above) as you add players in Inferno the monsters start doing more damage.  This is what is going away.  Monsters will still get more hp and take longer to kill to make up for there being more players hitting them, but they will no longer have increased damage versus the players.

Any game can seem wildly imbalanced if you don't know wtf is going on

+1

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 08, 2012, 07:11:16 PM »

Definitely seems to run better. 
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 08, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »

Blackjack,

To me, half the fun is not having a clue what might be around the corner. But if you're finding yourself bored, you might give hardcore a try. It adds an element of tension to everything.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »

I have Ron on my battle.net friends list is that how you find each other to play together?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 08, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 08, 2012, 07:11:16 PM

I can't really notice bc I have vsync on and it doesn't go above 30. A rock solid 30, but no more. Maybe I'll turn shadows up to high instead of medium now!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 08, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 08, 2012, 07:31:01 PM

Blackjack,

To me, half the fun is not having a clue what might be around the corner. But if you're finding yourself bored, you might give hardcore a try. It adds an element of tension to everything.

Tension is an understatement!
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 08, 2012, 10:44:04 PM

I can't really notice bc I have vsync on and it doesn't go above 30. A rock solid 30, but no more. Maybe I'll turn shadows up to high instead of medium now!

Funny with me even though I can have shadows on the highest settings in games I always choose none. Partly because I've yet to be impressed with shadows in most games, and partly no matter how fast your rig is, high shadows causes "hitching" sporadically. To each......

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 09, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »

Yeah I don't bother much with shadows in most games. I mean aside from something like Thief: The Dark Project, not many games really make compelling use of shadows in way where you feel like you're missing something if you disabled it.

They're pulling servers down for a "service update" this morning. Trying to figure out what it is.

As part of the RMT finally coming online "soon," Blizz is going to require using the authenticator in order to be able to add to your RM battle.net balance.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5594218404#1
Battle.net Balance and Authenticator Update
With the introduction of the real-money auction house, account security will become more important than ever. To help ensure that players have a positive experience when using the real-money auction house, we’ve made some adjustments to how players can use and access their Battle.net Balance.

Starting today, in order to add to your Battle.net Balance, players will be required to have a Battle.net Authenticator or Battle.net Mobile Authenticator attached to their Battle.net account. For clarity, this means you’ll need to have an Authenticator to add to your balance via Battle.net Account Management or to send the proceeds of your real-money auction house sales to your Battle.net Balance.

Please note that players who previously added Battle.net Balance to their account prior to this change will be able to use it to make eligible purchases on Battle.net and in the auction house without attaching an Authenticator. However, an Authenticator will be required to add to your balance in the future, as explained above.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:46:33 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: June 09, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »

Is anyone else stuck? I'm through act 1 inferno, but act 2 is an absolute slaughterfest. I tried it last night with my buddy who is a barb, geared out quite well with millions of gold worth of ah gear and we got smoked.

I've got 24k dps, 34k health with 55%ish resistance to all.

I have no interest in chain rezzing to fly thru the levels... Or grave zerging.

At this point I'm kind of done with inferno til the patch unless we are totally missing something here?

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 09, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 09, 2012, 12:16:15 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 08, 2012, 10:44:04 PM

Funny with me even though I can have shadows on the highest settings in games I always choose none. Partly because I've yet to be impressed with shadows in most games, and partly no matter how fast your rig is, high shadows causes "hitching" sporadically. To each......

Yeah I opted out on turning the shadows higher. They didn't look alot better, so medium it is!
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 11, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on June 09, 2012, 12:49:16 PM

Is anyone else stuck? I'm through act 1 inferno, but act 2 is an absolute slaughterfest. I tried it last night with my buddy who is a barb, geared out quite well with millions of gold worth of ah gear and we got smoked.

I've got 24k dps, 34k health with 55%ish resistance to all.

I have no interest in chain rezzing to fly thru the levels... Or grave zerging.

At this point I'm kind of done with inferno til the patch unless we are totally missing something here?

that's pretty much it. this is compounded by (until the patch) you are unable to get the loot you need to tackle act 2 in act 1. so you're pretty much forced to spend millions, but to get millions you need to farm but you can't farm because you can't do act 2 and act 1 gear sucks and. well you see the huge problem. i had no problems with inferno being hard, but until the patch comes there's little point because even farming would be a waste of time.

goblin farming has just gotten boring now.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 11, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »

I read this morning that they hotfixed the mob damage modifier for having more players in your group. That's a step in the right direction at least...

X360 - Nonnahob

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »

I'm bored in Act 1 Inferno now too.  Will probably play more when 1.03 comes out.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »

Yeah, there is really no point in farming act 1 as you have zero chance to get gear for act 2+. Sure you can farm gold and lower level items, but grinding for gold so you can spend millions on the AH seems awful.

I'm leveling a demon hunter and a monk in the meantime, both seem like pretty fun classes to play. I've all but stopped playing my barbarian, just can't get into the combat with him... Shame it took me 40 lvls to figure that out.

X360 - Nonnahob

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »

finished up Act 3 on normal last night, can't wait to unlock Nightmare so the game actually feels like a challenge again.

since I'm pretty much done here is my skill/rune/etc loadout at the end of normal: 

primary attack: Fists of Thunder with Thunderclap (6)
secondary attack: Lashing Tail Kick with Sweeping Armada (15)
defensive: Serenity with Peaceful Repose (23)
techniques: Sweeping Wind with Master of the Wind (27) - I always forget about this one no matter what I have slotted.
focus: Mystic Ally with Fire Ally (31)
mantra: Mantra of Evasion with Hard Target (24)
passives: Chant of Resonance (20), Seize the Initiative (20), Fleet Footed (10)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »

btw the real money auction is kinda up.  Paypal is still having issues though for many
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 12, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 12, 2012, 08:12:59 PM

btw the real money auction is kinda up.  Paypal is still having issues though for many

threw some stuff up for shits and giggles, not for Paypal though but Battle.net funds.  I figure I might as well see if I can eventually fund Mists of Pandaria or maybe Heart of the Swarm with it.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 12, 2012, 08:47:53 PM »

well, i just made back 25% of my CE
lol
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 12, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »

what did you list and for how much?  trying to get a feel for the breaking point of making a sale
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 13, 2012, 05:26:58 AM »

and finished.  first Diablo game I've finished since the original.  loved the final act, but damn if some of the levels didn't feel too big for their own good.

Because I can,
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »

Sold movement speed set pants (Inna's Glory) for 15 bucks. 

Another level 61ish dex/vit/resist all belt for 8. 

Wasn't aware you can't cash out from the blizzard bank so I guess I'll have to buy an item and resell.  Gotta love giving Blizzard their cut twice!

I read that you only get a certain amount of free listings.  Any idea on how many that is?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 13, 2012, 02:23:43 PM »

Quote from: Thry on June 13, 2012, 06:49:31 AM

Wasn't aware you can't cash out from the blizzard bank so I guess I'll have to buy an item and resell.  Gotta love giving Blizzard their cut twice!

Not according to this:

Any money made on the auction house is subject to a 15% withdrawal fee if you want to put it anywhere besides the Battle.net balance (which can be used on the auction house, to pay for WoW subscription time and pets, or anything else directly linked to your Battle.net account).

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 13, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »

according to all the people posting on the official forums, including at least one blue, you HAVE to choose paypal when creating the auction.  Once funds are in the battlenet account, there they stay.

Notice the line you quoted doesn't actually counter this, it is just worded less than clearly.  You lose 15% when you choose for the money to go to paypal.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: