http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:17:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 86583 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: May 31, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »

eek

Started a wizzy myself a few days ago. Mind sharing what the "trick" thing is?
 nod
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:23:17 PM by Arclight » Logged

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 01, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »

Korean Government Raids Blizzard Offices Over Diablo 3 Launch:

Blizzard can add the Korean Fair Trade Commission to the list of people who were less than pleased about the way it handled the Diablo 3 launch. The FTC raided the game company’s Seoul office on Monday following reports that it denied refunds to eligible gamers, reports the Korea Times.

“We have received many complaints from Diablo 3 users,” FTC spokesman Kim Hyung-bae told the Times. The organization is launching an investigation

The twelve-year wait for the new Diablo game proved anticlimactic for users across the globe when a massive wave of traffic shut down Blizzard’s servers and subjected legions of would-be demon slayers to the unstoppable force of “error 37.” Since Diablo 3 is an online-only game, it meant that even people who only wanted to play single player still found themselves incapable of signing into Battle.net.

Blizzard apparently refused dissatisfied Korean gamers refunds based on sales contract agreements, and the FTC is looking into whether or not those contracts are unfairly keeping gamers from getting their money back after they discover problems with the game.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 01, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 01, 2012, 07:53:49 AM

Korean Government Raids Blizzard Offices Over Diablo 3 Launch:

Blizzard can add the Korean Fair Trade Commission to the list of people who were less than pleased about the way it handled the Diablo 3 launch. The FTC raided the game company’s Seoul office on Monday following reports that it denied refunds to eligible gamers, reports the Korea Times.

“We have received many complaints from Diablo 3 users,” FTC spokesman Kim Hyung-bae told the Times. The organization is launching an investigation

The twelve-year wait for the new Diablo game proved anticlimactic for users across the globe when a massive wave of traffic shut down Blizzard’s servers and subjected legions of would-be demon slayers to the unstoppable force of “error 37.” Since Diablo 3 is an online-only game, it meant that even people who only wanted to play single player still found themselves incapable of signing into Battle.net.

Blizzard apparently refused dissatisfied Korean gamers refunds based on sales contract agreements, and the FTC is looking into whether or not those contracts are unfairly keeping gamers from getting their money back after they discover problems with the game.

I hope Blizzard and other publishers learn the right lesson from this. They didn't learn from the Ubisoft's DRM backlash.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 01, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »

Happy to report that I beat Diablo last night after 25.5 hrs @ level 31 with my Barbarian @ 600dps. Yes I am a noodler who likes to explore/destroy everything on the map and I was in no rush.

Really enjoyed the game - struggling to decide if I should create a new character or continue into Nightmare with my barbarian.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

I just beat the game last night as well, and I'm also struggling to decide whether or not to switch characters.  Aside from Nightmare combat being more interesting, it's just so much more fun having so many more skill & rune options opened up.

What I really want to do is switch classes but still be able to play with a level 30 character on the new difficulty level.  If Blizzard had character buying/selling implemented, I think I might actually be tempted to fork over real monies to be able to skip past easy mode on a few more classes.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 01, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »

I've beaten the game with my Witch Doctor - I started Nightmare a little bit, and it is fun, but I think I'm going to get my other four characters through Normal pretty quick too. It's more fun keeping a bunch of characters close, as I can use about any well-rolled rare drop on somebody.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 01, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »

Just finished Nightmare, and am halfway through Act 1 on Hell and it is even more fun now.  Playing this and Dragon's Dogma with both Mechwarriors on the horizon and I feel like I'm in gaming heaven
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 01, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »

Skeleton King on Hell took a BEATING. He wasn't that difficult to kill, but it just took a long time. The difference between Nightmare and Hell was pretty clear. Of course, I really haven't used the auction house at all - gearing up probably would have helped.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 01, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »

I started Hell last night too and really got owned by packs of elites.  WTF invulnerable???
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 01, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »

Quote from: Roman on June 01, 2012, 01:18:02 PM

Happy to report that I beat Diablo last night after 25.5 hrs @ level 31 with my Barbarian @ 600dps. Yes I am a noodler who likes to explore/destroy everything on the map and I was in no rush.

Really enjoyed the game - struggling to decide if I should create a new character or continue into Nightmare with my barbarian.

Tough call, but I was playing in act I of NM last night with my barb and it was fantastic. New mob abilities (and in combo with old ones), a new event or two, gems from the start, rates, blacksmith and jeweler pages....

My first Waller desecrator pack was a blast.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 01, 2012, 04:14:40 PM »

Roman you should continue on. You haven't seen all the effects of runes on your skills! The game gets to be a lot more fun as stuff opens up as you level.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 01, 2012, 03:03:06 PM

I started Hell last night too and really got owned by packs of elites.  WTF invulnerable???
Diablo Inc Gamers had a post looking into that a bit:

Are Invulnerable Minions Challenging or Imba?
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/are-invulnerable-minions-challenging-or-imba
*If like me, you're out of the loop on all this leet speak, "imba" generally means something in a game (usually online variety) is deemed "imbalanced" and probably needs adjusting.
Lylirra [Blizzard rep]:Speaking in general about monster affixes:

The intention is for there to be differences in the difficulties of the monster packs. Some are hard, some are easy — and some may seem impossible. When you are first beginning Inferno, you can pick off the easy ones without much challenge, but you may have to skip some of the harder ones. That’s okay. As you become more powerful, you can survive better, deal more damage, and take on some of the affix packs you previously chose to avoid. And after gearing up even further, eventually you can take them all on. It won’t be a cakewalk, but you won’t run in abject terror the next time you see that Invulnerable Minions combo pack sauntering your way (okay…you might run a little). Certain monster affixes will also punish certain skill builds more than others, as many of our affixes do.

We’ve been watching feedback closely about all the affix types and we’ve seen a lot of responses to concerns such as “I have no problem with them” or “use skill X instead and you’ll be fine” or “I used to have trouble but then I got some X gear and now I’m fine”. This is what we intend to happen over time.

Speaking of Invulnerable Minions specifically:

All that said, we definitely are paying attention to your feedback (as mentioned earlier), and we’ll make adjustments to monster affixes as we see necessary. We will always intend that some affixes are harder than others, and we’ll mostly be making adjustments to ensure some affixes aren’t radically out of line.
I'm not sure I've run into that. I do remember running into some groups where either the summoner or his minions seemed impervious to nearly everything my follower and I threw.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 01, 2012, 08:19:29 PM »

I ran into invulnerable minions in act 1 of hell. Can't imagine if they were invulnerable mortar or something. It was not a fun 5 minutes of kiting.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:24 PM »

Just started INFERNO!!! Didn't seem so bad at first. Then a Risen in the first "Cellar" I encountered, one-shotted me. The loot drops are obscene. Everything has stats WAY higher than anything that dropped in Hell.

I'm a level 60 Wizard, with 54814 Life and dealing 9132.73 DPS. Just finished the fight against Captain Daltyn in Adria's Hidden Cellar. The fight took over two minutes and I was near death several times. Thank goodness for Teleport with Fracture.

There is  going to be some white-knuckle combat ahead! biggrin

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »

Had a weird thing happen where I was in the final section of Act 3 on Nightmare with some people in my game.  When I would teleport back to town it would bring me to New Tristram instead of the Keep.  Then, a bit later, I got this message with a countdown timer saying the Act was going to end.  Then suddenly I was in the second section of Act 4.  Anyone run into something like this?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: June 02, 2012, 01:32:53 AM »

Back with the 41 Monk I have, in Act 2 of Nightmare. I'm not sure what I feel about the game at this point. The drops are a bit baffling at times. The armor will be more and a stat or two, but the life will be rediculously lower than the item I have equipped. It just doesn't make sense. Also the quality and class specific drops are, for the most part meh.
I know what makes these games tick. The combat and the drops. I'm loosing interest fast..even thinking of starting up SWToR while I have a few days left on my cancelled account.

I guess the attention for me now switches to Guild Wars 2.

At least with the Diablo games you can pretty much be confident they will continue to tweak the game. Unless the rumors of Mr. Blizzard and Mrs. EA becoming better than just good friends is true.(comparison wise)

Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1936 on: June 02, 2012, 04:46:13 AM »

New gear outta AH
13k hp
5287 armor
5450.15 dps
67% damage reduction
49-89 varying resistances.

Skilled for damage reduction, Tough as Nails + Nerves of Steel

.......... still dying to elites near the end of Act I:Hell.

Why am I still going with this barbarian...

Gonna eat your face
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: June 02, 2012, 06:16:36 AM »

random drops are random.  not sure why everything feels that every single drop should be good, an upgrade, or even decent.  Crap happens, and so do amazing drops.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: June 02, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »

46 monk and 55 wd and I still haven't see a legendary or a recipe drop.  Anyone else finding recipes?  Are they only in Inferno or something?
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: June 02, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »

I got a recipe for a crappy white staff off diablo in normal. That's the only one I've seen so far (in act I NM).

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: June 02, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 02, 2012, 02:59:15 PM

46 monk and 55 wd and I still haven't see a legendary or a recipe drop.  Anyone else finding recipes?  Are they only in Inferno or something?

And just like that I got a legendary to drop.

EDIT:  But it's no good for my class.  Woo.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: June 02, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 02, 2012, 03:01:29 PM

I got a recipe for a crappy white staff off diablo in normal. That's the only one I've seen so far (in act I NM).
That 'crappy' staff is the secret level key.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 02, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »

Rolled up a Hardcore Monk last night and played with a couple of friends.  Definitely fun knowing that if you die, it's for good.  We played long enough to beat the Skeleton King and it will be a weekly Friday night get-together kind of thing.  Will be cool to see how far we can make it before one of us dies.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 02, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »

Quote from: Mikagami on June 02, 2012, 04:46:13 AM

New gear outta AH
13k hp
5287 armor
5450.15 dps
67% damage reduction
49-89 varying resistances.

Skilled for damage reduction, Tough as Nails + Nerves of Steel

.......... still dying to elites near the end of Act I:Hell.

Why am I still going with this barbarian...

Not sure what level you are but at nightmare diablo i switched to a build similar to this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeYVPR!bed!aaZcZZ

I use a shield and focus on vitality+strength stuff and life on hit is also nice. Some elites are very very easy. Basically the strat is to get 5 stacks of frenzy going then pop your wrath of berzerker. The goal is to take out 1-2 of a pack before wrath expires.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 02, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 02, 2012, 03:27:21 PM

Quote from: Misguided on June 02, 2012, 03:01:29 PM

That 'crappy' staff is the secret level key.

Hahaha, I had no idea! I should have clicked on the staff in the list after I learned the recipe.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:39:15 PM by Misguided » Logged

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1945 on: June 02, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »

Well crap. I guess I got hacked. My level 30 Witch Doctor was missing all of his gear, money, and my game was reset to the beginning when I logged in this morning. Lame. I added the authenticator thingy to my account.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: June 02, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »

I had a weird thing happen to me.  I had just killed Diablo in normal mode and played far enough in nightmare mode to kill the blacksmith's wife.  Logged off last night.  When I logged on this morning, I was back at the very beginning of nightmare where you first go into town, meet Leah, etc.  It's like my account was rolled back.  None of my stuff was missing though.  Weird.

Also, I had yet to see any recipe drops at all until this morning where I had about 12 blacksmith and 10+ jeweler recipe drops in about 90 minutes of playing.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 03, 2012, 01:36:59 AM »

Quote from: Dunamis on June 02, 2012, 11:10:54 PM

I had a weird thing happen to me.  I had just killed Diablo in normal mode and played far enough in nightmare mode to kill the blacksmith's wife.  Logged off last night.  When I logged on this morning, I was back at the very beginning of nightmare where you first go into town, meet Leah, etc.  It's like my account was rolled back.  None of my stuff was missing though.  Weird.

Also, I had yet to see any recipe drops at all until this morning where I had about 12 blacksmith and 10+ jeweler recipe drops in about 90 minutes of playing.

Did you play a multiplayer game or join another's game (even if they dropped) when you were doing this?  If so then your "saved" game was completely separate from the game you were playing.  It would have actually reset for you when you finished normal and started at the beginning of nightmare the next day.
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 03, 2012, 03:23:05 AM »

Quote from: ericb on June 03, 2012, 01:36:59 AM

Did you play a multiplayer game or join another's game (even if they dropped) when you were doing this?  If so then your "saved" game was completely separate from the game you were playing.  It would have actually reset for you when you finished normal and started at the beginning of nightmare the next day.

Good thought but no, I was playing solo.  Oh well, I played some more this afternoon and everything seems fine.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 03, 2012, 04:40:07 AM »

Oh boy here we go again. Sitting down to play for a few hrs starting at around 1 am. I'm telling myself I'll be off by 3.. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: June 03, 2012, 06:03:28 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 03, 2012, 04:40:07 AM

Oh boy here we go again. Sitting down to play for a few hrs starting at around 1 am. I'm telling myself I'll be off by 3.. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

lol
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

Those aren't recipes. You use those to level up the crafters and also to make the higher end items/gems.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: June 03, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »

I think I'm gonna go into farming mode for a few levels. I see now that the AH is meant to be the focal point of acquiring the best items. I find the drops of any significance are few and far between.

I've been reading that on nightmare, which is what I'll be farming, the crypts are a good spot. You are basically farming the ashes that are very numerous in the crypts.
I started buying gear yesterday with high "find gold" stats on them. I'm only at about 70% at the moment but as the money starts flowing in I want to get around 150 - 200%.

I don't mind farming in diablo, you never know you just might get that.."Barrack bomba bastard sword of democratic vengeance" with very high stats of, "huge envy of the Canadian health care system"

Ok, putting on my farming clothes and heading for the fields.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 03, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »

As far as finding the best gear on the AH, that makes sense, doesn't it? I mean millions of people are playing, and tens of thousands are posting items. There's a good chance that there are better items than what I have among those tens of thousands of people posting stuff. That's the nature of the random loot system.

Diablo is a slot machine where the domination of the currency varies. You've won 500 (a rare dropped) but is it Pounds or Pesos?

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 03, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 03, 2012, 06:03:28 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on June 03, 2012, 04:40:07 AM

lol

I was correct... Played until 530 am.. This is not even getting remotely boring yet..
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 03, 2012, 03:18:45 PM

Those aren't recipes. You use those to level up the crafters and also to make the higher end items/gems.

Yes, thanks, I finally figured it out when I tried to level my Jeweler.  Makes sense now...

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on June 03, 2012, 04:54:57 PM

As far as finding the best gear on the AH, that makes sense, doesn't it? I mean millions of people are playing, and tens of thousands are posting items. There's a good chance that there are better items than what I have among those tens of thousands of people posting stuff. That's the nature of the random loot system.

Diablo is a slot machine where the domination of the currency varies. You've won 500 (a rare dropped) but is it Pounds or Pesos?

Yeah, looking at it like that makes sense. Its just that a big part of the fun for me in these types of games, is the anticipation of the next drop. If I've pretty much resigned myself to just farming the "cash" to buy what I want. I'm sure things will get tweaked and re-tweak for a few years to come. No panic here, yet.  icon_cool

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 03, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »

Finally finished Normal last night after a few hour marathon gaming session. I have only been playing one character (a barbarian). I finished at level 32 with 27 hours and 27 minutes time played.

Overall, I think the game is great. I think it is in nearly every way a great improvement over Diablo 2. All the little streamlining they did from the UI, inventory, skills, frequent checkpoints and waypoints, etc. has made my overall experience much better. I wasn't overly impressed with the graphics when I first played the game on open beta weekend, but they definitely grew on me.

I thought Act 3 in particular was a blast. Thank god they didn't make me go through that damned jungle again.

The big complaint for me is the way it's so deeply tied to a server like a MMO. Forgetting about issues about DRM or crappy launch issues, my main complaint is that of performance. Being shackled to the whims of a server creates real problems when playing the game. I experienced lots of rubber banding and issues with phantom enemies that I am swinging at and missing because they aren't there any more but I haven't caught up with that yet. These things really break immersion and irritate me. I really hope they can clean up the performance of their server(s) and these issues are temporary.

Anyway, thumbs way up. I think I'll dip my toe in Nightmare before starting an alt...

Edit: Forgot to mention my chief complaint about the game. I really wish this had come out 5-7 years ago. I would have been delirious over this game back then. I just don't understand why they had to wait 12 years to get this out. My interest in this genre has waned since 2000, and I know that while this game is far, far better than its predecessor, I will never come anywhere near to playing it as much.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:13:53 PM by JCC » Logged

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:30 AM »

Fast molten invulnerable minions - first time I decided to quit out rather than try and beat the monsters. F that.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: June 04, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 04, 2012, 12:16:30 AM

Fast molten invulnerable minions - first time I decided to quit out rather than try and beat the monsters. F that.

lol.  Yeah some of those combinations can get down right nasty.  I had some molten, jailer, buffed health mobs that were damned near impossible.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: