http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 05:04:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 94586 times)
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: May 17, 2012, 01:38:13 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 17, 2012, 01:35:15 AM

Quote from: Caine on May 17, 2012, 01:19:14 AM

so now instead of error 37's, 3003's and such, we get queues.  bugger all for luck.  by the time I get home, the damn servers are full of all of you east-coasters who snagged the spots hours before I get home and then park there.  not blaming you per se, but damn if I'm not feeling a bit put off by the whole thing.

haven't had any queues yet, but I was just in and got disconnected during single player.  now I'm getting error 37.  makes me want to look and see if anyone has figured out alternative ways of playing.
Just returned from being out of town and experienced the same exact error.  Says the servers are busy. I was hoping to play tonight.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 17, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on May 17, 2012, 01:37:45 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 17, 2012, 01:35:15 AM

Quote from: Caine on May 17, 2012, 01:19:14 AM

so now instead of error 37's, 3003's and such, we get queues.  bugger all for luck.  by the time I get home, the damn servers are full of all of you east-coasters who snagged the spots hours before I get home and then park there.  not blaming you per se, but damn if I'm not feeling a bit put off by the whole thing.

haven't had any queues yet, but I was just in and got disconnected during single player.  now I'm getting error 37.  makes me want to look and see if anyone has figured out alternative ways of playing.
yeah me to..

Yep. Worth it to follow BlizzardCS on Twitter, if that's your thing - they restarted the servers expecting minimal downtime, but that broke their login/auth servers, apparently.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 17, 2012, 01:46:18 AM »

of course I changed my server to Europe and was able to get in right away.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »

nothing is more intense than frantically clicking that yellow loot at 10 seconds before restart
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 17, 2012, 01:51:16 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on May 17, 2012, 01:50:31 AM

nothing is more intense than frantically clicking that yellow loot at 10 seconds before restart

Same! Knocked down the Skeleton King just after the 30 second warning, snagged the yellow and purples and hit 'leave game'.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 17, 2012, 01:54:08 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 16, 2012, 02:51:50 PM

I was right there with you until something about an Abbey  ninja

I hope you Blizzard apologists had fun playing all day this morning because I get back from a long days work only to be greeted with Error 33.  No Diablo 3 for me tonight either I guess.

Hark you on Inferno yet?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 17, 2012, 02:36:33 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 16, 2012, 09:00:39 PM

Don't forget to turn on Elective Mode to increase your customization options!

Am I missing something with that?  All it seems to do is let you swap what category can be assigned to the 1-4 buttons.  It's not like I can put left button abilities to 1-4 or put two of the default number 1 abilities into 1 and 2 or anything like that.  Or not that I saw, anyway.  I guess I don't see how this helps with build customization other than shifting abilities around to different numbers.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 17, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 17, 2012, 02:36:33 AM

Am I missing something with that?  All it seems to do is let you swap what category can be assigned to the 1-4 buttons.  It's not like I can put left button abilities to 1-4 or put two of the default number 1 abilities into 1 and 2 or anything like that.  Or not that I saw, anyway.  I guess I don't see how this helps with build customization other than shifting abilities around to different numbers.

It lets you do exactly the thing you're saying it can't do. smile
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 17, 2012, 03:11:23 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 17, 2012, 02:54:03 AM

Quote from: The Grue on May 17, 2012, 02:36:33 AM

Am I missing something with that?  All it seems to do is let you swap what category can be assigned to the 1-4 buttons.  It's not like I can put left button abilities to 1-4 or put two of the default number 1 abilities into 1 and 2 or anything like that.  Or not that I saw, anyway.  I guess I don't see how this helps with build customization other than shifting abilities around to different numbers.

It lets you do exactly the thing you're saying it can't do. smile

Yeah and it wasn't intuitive, but I just figured it out.  Very cool.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 17, 2012, 03:58:42 AM »

Had a good time tonight playing with a friend, just ran up through the Skeleton King twice (once with Demon Hunter, once with Monk) to get them both up to level 9. I figure I'll probably aim to get a character up to level 10 in each class, just in case I'm running with a bigger co-op group and need to fulfill some role (or in case I just particularly enjoy one of the classes I didn't think I'd play much). Besides, this lets me be greedy and keep all my gear.  icon_twisted

So far - Witch Doctor is still my favorite, though in the early twenties it's starting to feel like it's getting a bit underpowered - I probably need to shuffle up my build and find some new skills to learn how to use. Monk seems reasonably bad-ass, but it seems more than any other character I've tried like it probably needs a unique, focused build in terms of gear. I love the status effects I can put up on enemies, really nice to set up big groups for a Wizard to knock down. Demon Hunter is fun for pure DPS, but when I briefly ventured out into the Goatman lands to get my last bubble to get to level 9, I felt suddenly and deeply overmatched. Fortunately that' the level that Vault comes in, so hopefully the new mobility will help me be a little more survivable without a Barbarian to tank for me. Might be stuck with the Templar if I want to solo that one.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 17, 2012, 04:19:32 AM »

why do I always find the 25% extra XP shrines right after a big fight?  I just had 67 kills and just to the left of the area is one, all that bonus XP I could have had.

Because I can,
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:54 AM »

Holy moses this is addicting.   
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 17, 2012, 04:57:48 AM »

dangit, I didn't realize you could keep checking Leah's room at the in for a new journal after each quest.  I'll have to remember to check when I roll a new character, missed journals 2-5.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 17, 2012, 05:00:47 AM »

Quote from: Morgul on May 17, 2012, 04:38:54 AM

Holy moses this is addicting.   

Just one more dungeon....
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 17, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »

Diablo Players:

We'd like to extend a very sincere thank you to everyone who joined the global Diablo III launch celebrations this week, as well as to everyone who was ready to jump into Sanctuary the moment the game went live.

To that end, we'd also like to say that we've been humbled by your enthusiasm — and we sincerely regret that your crusade to bring down the Lord of Terror was thwarted not by mobs of demons, but by mortal infrastructure. As many of you are aware, technical issues occurring within hours after the game's launch led to players experiencing error messages and difficulty logging in. These issues cropped up again last night for the Americas and Europe servers. Despite very aggressive projections, our preparations for the launch of the game did not go far enough.

We've been monitoring the game 24/7 and have applied several optimizations to help our systems better weather the global rush. As of late last night, specifically 11:50 PM PDT on May 15, all systems have been online and running relatively smoothly. We're continuing to monitor performance globally and will be taking further measures as needed to ensure a positive experience for everyone. This includes some maintenance to implement additional improvements for each region.

In order to make sure everything is continuing to run as it should, we've decided to move out our target launch for the real-money auction house beyond our original estimated date of May 22. We'll post further updates on that in the near future.

Aside from the tremendous number of players simultaneously logging in to the game, one of the launch-day service issues was linked to the achievement system. Some players began to notice early on that achievements were either not being earned properly, or not being saved between multiple logins. We're investigating this issue and will provide a specific update as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate everyone's support, and we want to sincerely apologize for the difficulties many of you encountered on day one. Please visit the Battle.net Support site or Support forums for the latest service-related updates or for help in troubleshooting any technical issues you may be having downloading, installing, or while playing the game.

Thank you again for your patience while we reinforce the gates of Sanctuary and further strengthen it for your onslaught.

Respectfully,

Blizzard Entertainment
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: May 17, 2012, 05:35:56 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 17, 2012, 04:57:48 AM

dangit, I didn't realize you could keep checking Leah's room at the in for a new journal after each quest.  I'll have to remember to check when I roll a new character, missed journals 2-5.

There are also multiple journals in Cain's house.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1576 on: May 17, 2012, 07:00:47 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 17, 2012, 04:19:32 AM

why do I always find the 25% extra XP shrines right after a big fight?  I just had 67 kills and just to the left of the area is one, all that bonus XP I could have had.

I've discovered that if you're tired of fighting and want a little break, all you have to do is activate an xp shrine. You'll magically never encounter any monsters over the next few minutes. slywink
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1577 on: May 17, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »

ok.  just got a three hour session with this using the DH.  damn, I am loving this.  it has the addictive-ness I remember and more.  I haven't had as much fun with a diablo since TQ and this is much better.  I had to make due with Dungeon Siege 3 yesterday and this just blows that one away.  glad that BZ got their shit sorted out as it was worth the wait.  

thumbsup

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 17, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »

Although they had authentication server issues for a while Wednesday evening, and took the servers down, things eventually smoothed out and I was up way too late. I was actually about to post a long diatribe about all things Blizzard, when I was finally able to log in and I canceled it.  icon_smile

The login screen indicates they took the servers down this morning for "scheduled" maintenance 5-6 a.m. Pacific (8-9 a.m. Eastern). I suspect they're just going to have to have a daily maintenance window, perhaps twice a day even, to avoid all this mess.

An old work pal's visiting me the next couple days so I suspect I won't play much again until Saturday. Here's hoping to some server reliability progress by then.
============================

Got my DH to 17. Per the progression chart:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/progression
that suddenly unlocked a mess of stuff, including the Companion (raven pet), Fan of Knives and Spike Trap. Grenades was at 15. So at times I feel like a one-man army, and it's just hard to figure out what combinations to use.  icon_smile

Action Shot's (as you travel, fire 75% dmg arrows at nearby targets) a fun rune for Vault at 16.

I was commiserating with someone in chat about how I wish the game "remembered" the rune most recently assigned to a skill, when you swap to something else and then back. Instead, it "resets" the skill to no rune at all, which can be easy to miss.

As far as difficulty/challenge goes, I did manage to die maybe once or twice later in Act I. By the time I hit 15-16 I was feeling pretty omnipotent. Some areas early in Act II hit me pretty good. I don't know if the difficulty sort of ramps up gradually in a way that's easy to perceive. For me it's been sort of here and there it feels too easy, and here and there it spikes up a bit and I feel challenged.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:40:00 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 17, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »

Do I have to worry about what runes and build I use?  (IE> can I respec it all if I find out unlocking everything sucks?)

What about for my companion?
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1580 on: May 17, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »

Yes to both.  The only downside to respeccing is that your magic item find background boost number which keeps climbing the longer you don't change your abilities will reset.

(That sentence made sense when I first typed it.... )

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 17, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on May 17, 2012, 12:47:44 PM

Do I have to worry about what runes and build I use?  (IE> can I respec it all if I find out unlocking everything sucks?)

You can respec your abilities as much as you like for yourself or your follower. 
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 17, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »

Oops, the forums indicate the maintenance window started about an hour later than initially announced, so it won't be over until 7 a.m. Pacific/10 a.m. eastern. Bleah!  mad icon_razz

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 17, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

Do I have to worry about what runes and build I use?  (IE> can I respec it all if I find out unlocking everything sucks?)

You can respec your abilities as much as you like for yourself or your follower.  
What he said, and don't forget the Passives.  icon_smile Eventually you can use three but initially only one and you may have a bunch to choose from (DH: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/).

Some are awfully tricky, like Steady Aim: "As long as there are no enemies within 10 yards, all damage is increased by 20%." I mean, I don't have a D3 tape measure. I don't have the foggiest idea what "10 yards" is in D3, so I read that more as "if you like to stay back and blast things at long range, this passive might help ya."

I do but in many areas the enemies are so aggressive, and or the confines so cramped, you're very rarely NOT going to have some enemies close to you. So it's not a passive that's always useful to me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:26:20 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 17, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on May 17, 2012, 12:52:19 PM

Yes to both.  The only downside to respeccing is that your magic item find background boost number which keeps climbing the longer you don't change your abilities will reset.

(That sentence made sense when I first typed it.... )

It sounded a little more complicated on the forums, too. Let me see if I've got it right.

I think it's called 'Nephalem Valor', and it kicks in at level 60. Basically, you get it when you wipe out a champion or elite pack (the groups of monsters in different colors). This builds up in the background, until 1 of 3 things resets it: either you switch out a skill or a rune, or you kill a boss, or you leave the game. The more spirit you have when you knock down the boss, the higher your magic find for that boss kill is.

I don't think it affects anything else (Edit: it does, it actually does give you gold find and magic find). It seems like a way to encourage people to play the game, rather than straight-up rush bosses - Blizzard said in the past (and the streams seem to confirm) that the bosses with known patterns, weaknesses, strengths, etc. are going to be much less of a threat at the highest levels than the elite and champion monster packs. This means that choices have to be made - either you buff your spirit by taking risks and fighting the mob packs, or you lose some efficiency at farming loot from bosses. Essentially, I see it as insurance against someone finding an easy boss-kill exploit and wrecking the economy with a flood of the best items.

Interesting following the progress of the groups racing to beat the game on Inferno first. Sounds like there's a group that's gotten through Act II, but only by rushing bosses, constantly rezzing in boss fights, and avoiding the monster packs (which are powerful enough to two-shot their barbarian tank), and hit a wall after that. Sounds like it will be a long time before anyone except maybe the most dedicated full-time players can legitimately clear the game, even without counting hardcore mode!

(Edited for valor and fixes to my mistakes)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:37:27 PM by Clanwolfer » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 17, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 17, 2012, 07:02:53 AM

ok.  just got a three hour session with this using the DH.  damn, I am loving this.  it has the addictive-ness I remember and more.  I haven't had as much fun with a diablo since TQ and this is much better.  I had to make due with Dungeon Siege 3 yesterday and this just blows that one away.  glad that BZ got their shit sorted out as it was worth the wait.  

thumbsup

Pretty much my feelings as well.  For me, the one thing that sets the Diablo games apart from all the other hack-n-slashers is it (for lack of a better term) personality.  Even though it's a randomly generated tileset, there's all these small touches that make it so cool.  I love knocking out the supports and seeing a wall come crumbling down on top of the baddies.  Or watching the huge spider webs in the corner sway in the breeze when I swing my weapon near them.  Or the way the bookcase crumbles when I loot it.  Or seeing bits of the wall crumble away and skeletons come crawling out.  There's so many of these little things that give the game a ton of character, where (for me, at least) all the other games in this genre seem incredibly generic.

I hit level 11 last night, and can't wait to get home and dig in again...assuming the servers are up.   Tongue

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 17, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »

I had a blast playing last night! Game kept me playing until 3am, until I defeated the Skeleton King. My monk is now lvl 9. I started to work with the Blacksmith to craft better armor, and I got that Templar warrior to follow me. The Skeleton King boss fight was exciting. This game definitely hits my sweet spot.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 17, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »

I think a lot of folks who played Titan Quest didn't stick around for the terrific Immortal Throne expansion, which beyond fixing some badly needing to be fixed things, added some excellent new levels/areas and did some really interesting things with quests and storyline.

Some quests late in Act I actually reminded me of some things in TQ: Immortal Throne.

A few tricks in Immortal Throne are features I hope D3 has at some point:
-Pressing different keys allowed you to see items filtered based on whether they're broken or magical. i.e., if you only wanted to see magical items on the ground, and ignore the junk loot, that's all you'd see in terms of the names on screen.
-The basic character inventory got an auto sort option so you could make more room for your loot as you make your way through the levels. [I'm not sure D3 needs this -- it seems pretty smart, from what I can tell, about positioning items in inventory efficiently]
-It added caravans in most of the towns that act as safe deposit boxes for items you want to keep but aren't ready to use yet. Any item you placed in a caravan would be available at any caravan throughout the game [you wouldn't have to backtrack].

You could transfer items from one of your characters to another through these caravans so, if you find an item that doesn't suit one of your characters but works for another you can switch them freely. [I'm not clear yet on whether the town stashes in D3 work like this, or are only for use by that one character?]

Playing
PC
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 17, 2012, 01:24:00 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 17, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

Do I have to worry about what runes and build I use?  (IE> can I respec it all if I find out unlocking everything sucks?)

What he said, and don't forget the Passives.  icon_smile Eventually you can use three but initially only one and you may have a bunch to choose from (DH: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/).

Some are awfully tricky, like Steady Aim: "As long as there are no enemies within 10 yards, all damage is increased by 20%." I mean, I don't have a D3 tape measure. I don't have the foggiest idea what "10 yards" is in D3, so I read that more as "if you like to stay back and blast things at long range, this passive might help ya."

I do but in many areas the enemies are so aggressive, and or the confines so cramped, you're very rarely NOT going to have some enemies close to you. So it's not a passive that's always useful to me.

I posted a pic with the ranges...
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 17, 2012, 02:35:39 PM

-It added caravans in most of the towns that act as safe deposit boxes for items you want to keep but aren't ready to use yet. Any item you placed in a caravan would be available at any caravan throughout the game [you wouldn't have to backtrack].

You could transfer items from one of your characters to another through these caravans so, if you find an item that doesn't suit one of your characters but works for another you can switch them freely. [I'm not clear yet on whether the town stashes in D3 work like this, or are only for use by that one character?]

It does indeed work exactly like that. I've pulled stuff from my stash across both locations, and characters. The only thing I think might be set aside is transferring between hardcore and non-hardcore.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: May 17, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »

Any WD out there?  I have a question on a rune for Haunt:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/active/haunt

Resentful spirit rune (looks bugged on the guide) but in game it says 288% weap dmg over 2 seconds.  Does that mean it replaces the main Haunt tooltip, or that it does the arcane dmg in addition to?  I can't tell.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 17, 2012, 03:03:29 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 17, 2012, 03:00:29 PM

Resentful spirit rune (looks bugged on the guide) but in game it says 288% weap dmg over 2 seconds.  Does that mean it replaces the main Haunt tooltip, or that it does the arcane dmg in addition to?  I can't tell.

Might be that it's entirely based on INT, so that when there's not a character context it always shows 0%? In any case, next time I'm playing after I hit 23 I'll swap in that rune and test - should be easy to tell.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 17, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on May 17, 2012, 03:03:29 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 17, 2012, 03:00:29 PM

Might be that it's entirely based on INT, so that when there's not a character context it always shows 0%? In any case, next time I'm playing after I hit 23 I'll swap in that rune and test - should be easy to tell.

It might be based on INT, I'm, just wondering if it adds to the main ability or the rune replaces the main ability.  I liked having the haunt last 12 seconds and bounce around.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 17, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 17, 2012, 02:41:44 PM

Hmm, recall what page that was on (or a keyword that might find it?)? I tried doing a search on "ranges" but wasn't pulling it up. Sorry I missed it.  icon_smile

Well, crap, if the stash is for all characters, I guess I should've saved a few things. But I'm sure I'll find better when playing as the other classes. My DH has only gotten one rare bow in loot drops to this point but it didn't really beat the magic or crafted stuff I already had.

Up to the early teens I was complaining about the paucity of hand xbows and quivers, and by golly, they now drop more often than pine needles off a dry Xmas tree.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:29:34 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 17, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 17, 2012, 03:27:12 PM

Hmm, recall what page that was on (or a keyword that might find it?)? I tried doing a search on "ranges" but wasn't pulling it up. Sorry I missed it.  icon_smile

Well, crap, if the stash is for all characters, I guess I should've saved a few things. But I'm sure I'll find better when playing as the other classes. My DH has only gotten one rare bow in loot drops to this point but it didn't really beat the magic or crafted stuff I already had.

Yeah - at least through level 21, the mantra "I'll find better" is usually backed up pretty quick! I've stashed a few things for other classes but not a lot - I've salvaged or sold most of what I find.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 17, 2012, 03:39:53 PM »

What's the prevailing opinion on salvage vs. sell?  Not having seen any of the higher level equipment, I'm not sure if it's better to hoard components for crafting or get more money so I can grab equipment from the shop.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Crabbs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 17, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 17, 2012, 03:27:12 PM

Hmm, recall what page that was on (or a keyword that might find it?)? I tried doing a search on "ranges" but wasn't pulling it up. Sorry I missed it.  icon_smile

Up to the early teens I was complaining about the paucity of hand xbows and quivers, and by golly, they now drop more often than pine needles off a dry Xmas tree.  icon_razz

Here it is smile  No need to go digging

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 17, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

If Diablo 3 were a girl...   Sort of NFSW

Love G+

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 17, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 17, 2012, 03:39:53 PM

What's the prevailing opinion on salvage vs. sell?  Not having seen any of the higher level equipment, I'm not sure if it's better to hoard components for crafting or get more money so I can grab equipment from the shop.

What I've been doing is training up the blacksmith ahead of my level and seeing what items I will be able to use. What's been happening is that there will be a weapon or armor I can use, but not until a few levels away, and I can see how much materials it will need. So I can at that point salvage enough to get the materials I'll need when the time comes and then just sell everything else. That's been keeping me in enough gold to pick up interesting stuff from the merchants as well as being able to immediately pick up items from the blacksmith when they become available for my level.

I also stopped picking up whites and greys a long time ago. They are worth nothing vended and you fill up on blues pretty quickly.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 17, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »

I never thought I'd say this but, the game only starts to get really good in Nightmare. I just fought for my life across the Weeping Hollow and each of the half-dozen Elite fights were intense. I had to really work to beat them, tactics were critical. And the loot they dropped was nuts. Mostly rares and gems. Between finally opening up the better skills, getting the good loot drops and Elites that fight back hard, Nightmare is twice the game Normal was. I'm having a blast!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: