http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 02:38:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 82725 times)
Rowdy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: May 15, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »

Bought the game today at lunch... but based on Meta Critic, Amazon, OO and here, think it's going back to the store unopened.  No patience for this crap in a game I simply want to play single player.  What a nightmare.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 15, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

I got on at around 6:40 PM (EDT) and had no issues (knocking on wood, fingers crossed). So far I am still in the stuff I played on closed beta weekend, so nothing new to report. I really hope there are some non-dark areas; this game really strains my eyes.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 15, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »

This guy's 12 hrs plus normal diff run through sounds more reasonable than the 6 hour figure thread at the forums that had people hyperventilating:
Player Finishes Diablo 3 in 12 Hours, 29 Minutes - Page 1
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1224669p1.html

(Sent from Flipboard)

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 15, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »

So I managed to get some time in with the game this morning.  I created a Witch Doctor and am up to level 14.  Can anyone explain the Haunt skill?  The tool tip doesn't really explain what the skill does other than to say if a haunted enemy dies, a new enemy will be haunted.

I guess I need to look through the options to see if I have advanced tool tips turned on or not, as I am confused as well as to what my weapon actually does to my witch doctor skills.
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 15, 2012, 11:59:58 PM »

Enjoying the game so far but had to log due to lag and rubber banding issues.  Will try again later at oh say 2 or 3 in the morning. 
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 16, 2012, 12:47:17 AM »

Had about an hour of fun just now, then the game stopped responding, and the terrain started disappearing basically. Can't log back in now (keeps timing out). Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 16, 2012, 01:24:18 AM »

Quote from: Rowdy on May 15, 2012, 11:38:12 PM

Bought the game today at lunch... but based on Meta Critic, Amazon, OO and here, think it's going back to the store unopened.  No patience for this crap in a game I simply want to play single player.  What a nightmare.

I really hope the copy I picked up on the way home doesn't turn into a giant coaster (now with special Diablo 3 notepad!  now you can count keep track of how much time you haven't been able to play in style.)

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 16, 2012, 01:35:49 AM »

Downloaded it today. I've been able to get in for couple of hours. Once in I haven't had any issues. Underwhelmed so far with the graphics and for that matter, atmosphere as well. So early in the game I'm sure immersion will ramp up just fine. But with my 580gtx and everything on high the colors and textures are very yesterday. Game play is definitely there, I know soon enough I won't see the graphics as a problem.

Playing a Monk.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 16, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »

Nerd Rage Error 37 NSFW

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1449 on: May 16, 2012, 01:52:32 AM »

I've played a number of characters to level 5 and 6 and luv this game. It's freaking Diablo and that's exactly what I wanted. But why can't I adjust stats as I level?

I can't decide which character to press on with but I'm really digging the monk.

Edit: I'm playing on a 27" iMac and it's running really well at full rez. I have shadows turned down but that's the only thing I tweaked.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:55:22 AM by Crusis » Logged

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
siege

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 16, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »

Just got home with a copy and Im chilling to the installation music. So pumped. Im a huge fan of the first two and I havent followed much of the thirds development nor played the beta. Going in a complete virgin.  Tongue
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 16, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »

Wow. This is getting a Dragon Age 2 type response on Amazon and Metacritic user reviews. Happy I decided to wait on it... maybe I'll play some more Torchlight 2 beta...

Will come back to this once it's stable, I get some more sane reviews to look at, price drops.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 16, 2012, 02:12:57 AM »

While I suppose I can understand some people (in general) being frustrated with issues today, I think it would be unreasonable to expect the launch of a game of this magnitude to go without a hiccup or two.

I just played a Witch Doctor (JohnnyDotCom) up to level 12 or so and I'm having an absolute blast. It's Diablo, but it's also damned good looking, with lots of destructible stuff, and lots of cool little events and things, and (of course) loot galore. We had three people for a bit and it was crazy fun.

More noob questions:

How do you change the appearance of your banner?
How do you access the AH?

Minor annoyance:
You can't reassign the primary and secondary attack buttons to something other than LMB/RMB or change the type of ability on those two buttons (you can do both for 1-4).

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 16, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »

Well, the frustration would be that the only reason it has the issues is they require battle.net...
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 16, 2012, 02:17:06 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on May 16, 2012, 02:12:57 AM

While I suppose I can understand some people (in general) being frustrated with issues today, I think it would be unreasonable to expect the launch of a game of this magnitude to go without a hiccup or two.

It would be reasonable to expect Blizzard to improve in quality of their games. With Diablo and Diablo 2 both had stable launch, it is reasonable to expect the same or better launch with Diablo 3. If it is not because of the client/server DRM, we won't have this big disaster. Blizzard didn't learn from Ubisoft's mistake.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: May 16, 2012, 02:19:14 AM »

For me, having an economy that isn't completely broken is totally worth it.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 16, 2012, 02:27:03 AM »

Got my Witch Doctor up to level 21 - really enjoying things so far. I'm in no hurry to finish - I'd expect I'll go well past 12 hours on Normal, just because I'm exploring every nook and cranny, and in no hurry when I get into town.

Probably going to start a Monk or Demon Hunter for normal co-op, and after that playthrough likely going to toy around with a few Hardcore characters.

So far it's scratching all the dungeon crawly, loot gathery itches.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 16, 2012, 02:28:17 AM »

Minor annoyance:
You can't reassign the primary and secondary attack buttons to something other than LMB/RMB or change the type of ability on those two buttons (you can do both for 1-4).

Have you checked the Options menu? There's an option to fully unlock the UI options in there. That might let you do what you're looking for.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 16, 2012, 02:46:22 AM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on May 16, 2012, 02:28:17 AM

Minor annoyance:

Have you checked the Options menu? There's an option to fully unlock the UI options in there. That might let you do what you're looking for.

Yes, I have, and it isn't possible. I'm going to end up setting up a key on my nostromo as a left click (I think I can do that). I want to take the stress of all that clicking off my right hand.

Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 16, 2012, 03:10:07 AM »

Love the art style.  Love the little things like a small cave-in on a wall of tombs; the dirt pours out in a tiny avalanche and suddenly a zombie crawls out...

Yet I feel like it's a little too streamlined.  The levelng up feels like a straight line even with a few branching choices.  It doesn't emit fear like Diablo II did - I was nervous to leave the first little village and actually used health vials.  Here, I don't think I was ever at risk and I don't know why I even have health vials this time.

Also, am I missing the run key somewhere?  I didn't see it in options.

Where are the Town Portal scrolls?  I just made it to the cemetary and am getting loaded with loot, but there is no easy way of getting back to town quickly, so far.  I'm a barbarian.

And why is Cain silent when I talk to him?  Doesn't he want me to stay for a while anymore?

The game is fun and surely worthy of the Diablo name.  Already had me saying -just five more minutes- for the last two hours... Good thing there is the option to have a clock displayed on the hud!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 16, 2012, 03:12:57 AM »

Quote from: Crusis on May 16, 2012, 01:52:32 AM

I've played a number of characters to level 5 and 6 and luv this game. It's freaking Diablo and that's exactly what I wanted. But why can't I adjust stats as I level?

I can't decide which character to press on with but I'm really digging the monk.

Edit: I'm playing on a 27" iMac and it's running really well at full rez. I have shadows turned down but that's the only thing I tweaked.

What I wanted to hear!!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 16, 2012, 03:13:40 AM »

I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO ERROR 37!!!!

Pre-order Torchlight 2 like I just did.  icon_twisted

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:33 AM »

Was playing with someone and got disconnected, and now can't connect back in.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 16, 2012, 03:27:13 AM »

Quote from: Vinda-Lou on May 16, 2012, 03:10:07 AM

Where are the Town Portal scrolls?

Spoiler for Hiden:
That little mystery will be solved for you soon. Keep pressing on a little further.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1464 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »

Hmm. Maybe I spoke too soon. I just got booted out and can't get back in. I can't remember, did Starcraft 2 have these problems at launch? Annoying, but I'm sure the last thing Blizzard wants is any kind of outage on launch day.

Bummer, too. I was in an EPIC fight surrounded on all sides, taking on some massive beast that towered over me, the blood vial was pulsing, quaff a potion, get ready to finish the beasty and BAM! Disconnected.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 16, 2012, 03:34:27 AM »

It's a disco ball here too. I guess I will go to bed for the night.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:39 AM »

Great fun when it works. Zarkon and I got to co-op for a while in the areas just past the Skeleton King. Then he seemed to time out, then I started getting period error messages, and eventually I timed out

Earlier when I timed out, rebooting and then relogging in seemed to work. Gonna try that again and then call it a night if it doesn't work. I at least got to L11 when you get add that flaming arrows rune to Rapid Fire.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 16, 2012, 03:42:05 AM »

Note to self: once logged in, don't even contemplate going back to character screen to make some more characters.  Keep playing!
siege

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 16, 2012, 03:45:13 AM »

Just got booted. Kinda urks me that Im being disconnected from a game Im playing in single player. Got to level 8 and I like it quite a bit but it's not grabbing me like the first two did. I may just chalk that up to my being older and less enthused with video games but I honestly feel like it's missing something. It's certainly far too streamlined and the voice acting/story is a little goofy.

Gonna try to go back in for a little more time with it...

...or not. Bnet is down.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:51:52 AM by siege » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 16, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »

Was able to log on for about 3 hours tonight. As I was literally 2 steps away from clicking the cemetery checkpoint, I got disconnected...so I'll have to play back through the last 20'ish minutes again from the last checkpoint.  icon_evil  Tried to log back in and got the "servers too busy" error.

Aside from that, I'm thoroughly enjoying my barbarian. The "old shoe" analogy fits very well here: there's nothing revolutionary, just some gameplay and mechanics that are very comfortable and fun.

BTW, I'm Skinypupy on Bnet.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 16, 2012, 03:48:07 AM »

So I just got an email from Blizzard saying that they were unable to process my payment and so they have deactivated my account. 

I checked my credit card statement and I have been charged for the purchase.  Went to battle.net and, sure enough, they have dropped me back down to Starter Account.

Somewhat frustrating to say the least.  Anyone else have this happen?

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 16, 2012, 03:52:13 AM »

methinks this is a server wide outage this time.  even the forums are down.  twitter feed is a bit quiet on the specifics though.

so much for getting any time in this tonight.  this launch has been hell, no pun intended. 

before the servers went down, i tried to get in.  15 failed requests in as many minutes. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 16, 2012, 03:54:07 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on May 16, 2012, 02:06:12 AM

Wow. This is getting a Dragon Age 2 type response on Amazon and Metacritic user reviews. Happy I decided to wait on it... maybe I'll play some more Torchlight 2 beta...

Nerdrage is hilarious/ridiculous to me.  Yes, the game has some issues today with half the planet trying to log in at once.  We can all agree that it's very frustrating, but I'd be shocked if the problems persist past the next 24-48 hours.  

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 16, 2012, 03:55:23 AM »

This just in from the Blizzard News Room! NEWS FLASH!
"We are working on problems concerning the Battle.net 'So-Called Service' and you will be unable to play anything on it whatsoever!
Isn't it great you'll be able to get a good night's sleep when you thought you'd be playing Diablo III all night? Have a nice day!"
 Roll Eyes
OMG. This is reminding me of Ultima Online at launch 1997. I'm sure that's not the comparison Blizzard wanted to get...

Yeah it's great fun when it works but I hate playing like I know any minute I'll get dropped. Good grief, it's like I'm back on dial-up, waiting for my 9600 baud modem to drop.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 16, 2012, 03:59:38 AM »

So, while I can't play, I do have some good news (well for me)  About a month ago Amazon.UK had Diablo 3 for $47.  I had already preordered and had emailed Amazon, if they could price match.  They told me they don't price match their UK site.  So I moved on not really caring. 

Today I get an email saying they are refunding me $15 out of the blue.  To top that off I had already applied $20 in amazon trade in credit towards it so I effectively got Diablo 3 for $26!
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 16, 2012, 04:05:33 AM »

Quote from: naednek on May 16, 2012, 03:59:38 AM

So, while I can't play, I do have some good news (well for me)  About a month ago Amazon.UK had Diablo 3 for $47.  I had already preordered and had emailed Amazon, if they could price match.  They told me they don't price match their UK site.  So I moved on not really caring. 

Today I get an email saying they are refunding me $15 out of the blue.  To top that off I had already applied $20 in amazon trade in credit towards it so I effectively got Diablo 3 for $26!

Grats! I guess you feel $33 less awful for a game that doesn't work  slywink  Played a few hours early evening, my ISP dropped for an hour then couldn't log on again.  Yay  thumbsup

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 16, 2012, 04:09:11 AM »

Quote from: Crusis on May 16, 2012, 03:30:56 AM

Hmm. Maybe I spoke too soon. I just got booted out and can't get back in. I can't remember, did Starcraft 2 have these problems at launch? Annoying, but I'm sure the last thing Blizzard wants is any kind of outage on launch day.

Bummer, too. I was in an EPIC fight surrounded on all sides, taking on some massive beast that towered over me, the blood vial was pulsing, quaff a potion, get ready to finish the beasty and BAM! Disconnected.

Starcraft 2  let you to play single player without requiring constant internet connection to the server.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 16, 2012, 04:10:36 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 16, 2012, 03:54:07 AM

Quote from: Azhag on May 16, 2012, 02:06:12 AM

Nerdrage is hilarious/ridiculous to me.  Yes, the game has some issues today with half the planet trying to log in at once.  We can all agree that it's very frustrating, but I'd be shocked if the problems persist past the next 24-48 hours.  

It's annoying because I can't play a single player game because of login issues.  This never used to be a problem for past single player games.

Lets hope you are right about 24-48 hours because it took Blizzard a month to fix Diablo 2 at release.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 16, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »

Got my Witch Doctor to 19 and loving it.  I've been able to play about 7 hours today, even with the server issues. 

I've been experimenting with some new builds and some completely different ones than I used all in the beta.  Really enjoy the system they have setup for this.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »

Okay, I'm an idiot sucker... I'm downloading this now. Can't wait!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: