http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:14:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 98210 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1160 on: May 08, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 08, 2012, 12:14:49 PM

Blizz had some warnings on how to avoid spoilers, which may crop up the day before launch:

Spoiler Warning and Rules
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4876967961#1
This is a warning to all that spoilers may occur both in these forums, and the internet at large. We’ve worked hard to craft an engaging story and fun game, and our hope is that you have a pristine experience. For that reason we recommend you exercise extreme caution when perusing the webs of cyber space.

If you’re to be the lucky owner of a Collector’s Edition, we highly recommend you wait until after you have completed the game on Normal before opening the art book or watching the behind-the-scenes DVD/Blu-ray. Both of these items contain big spoilers, and should probably be avoided until later.

You should be especially cautious on May 14, as with the installer unlocking and worldwide releases taking place, the entire game will be available to be discovered and datamined. We also plan to populate the Diablo3.com game guide with item data that Monday, which may themselves be spoilers. If you care about spoilers, it may just be best to not go on the internet on May 14.

I didn't realize there was anything in a Diablo game worth spoiling. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 08, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »

Like the spiders as Hark can confirm but the AoE fire attack that they moved later into the level is the sweetness.  Loved playing with it when we had access to it during one of the earlier beta builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 08, 2012, 05:47:09 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 08, 2012, 05:33:10 PM

LOL
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 08, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on May 08, 2012, 05:47:09 PM

LOL

maybe that means there will be some huge twist in the game.....

Spoiler for Hiden:
CAIN'S NIECE IS DIABLO!

[edit] uh-oh. looking around at some speculation my jest may have been closer to the truth than expected.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:58:45 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 08, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 08, 2012, 05:34:56 PM

Like the spiders as Hark can confirm but the AoE fire attack that they moved later into the level is the sweetness.  Loved playing with it when we had access to it during one of the earlier beta builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't a big fan of the spiders.  At least not in that early build when the poison dart is so much better.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 08, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2012, 05:55:58 PM

LOL

Spoiler for Hiden:
CAIN'S NIECE IS DIABLO!

[edit] uh-oh. looking around at some speculation my jest may have been closer to the truth than expected.

You bastard, I think that IS a spoiler!

I see you tagged it now. -_-
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: May 08, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »

Well, it's fairly apparent even early on that
Spoiler for Hiden:
she's the daughter of Adria and the hero from Diablo/Diablo 2.  Y'know...who becomes Diablo again?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 08, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 08, 2012, 05:59:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2012, 05:55:58 PM

LOL

Spoiler for Hiden:
CAIN'S NIECE IS DIABLO!

You bastard, I think that IS a spoiler!

I see you tagged it now. -_-

sorry, I decided to try and find the name and stumbled across speculation that made it sound less ridiculous than I thought.  of course it also may be too obvious a twist.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 08, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on May 08, 2012, 06:02:39 PM

Well, it's fairly apparent even early on that
Spoiler for Hiden:
she's the daughter of Adria and the hero from Diablo/Diablo 2.  Y'know...who becomes Diablo again?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah but he became Diablo because he shoved that shard in his head.  Did Diablo taint his seed?!!?  Perhaps.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 08, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »

Does Blizzard allow you to buy it once and play it on both Mac and PC (like Steamplay)?  I know it's linked to your Blizzard account, so you could never log on both systems at the same time.  I'm not looking to.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »

Quote from: DonD on May 08, 2012, 09:01:51 PM

Does Blizzard allow you to buy it once and play it on both Mac and PC (like Steamplay)?  I know it's linked to your Blizzard account, so you could never log on both systems at the same time.  I'm not looking to.

I'm not sure, but it seems likely because when you buy the digital version they give you links to both the pc and mac executables.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 08, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »

I bought it for Mac and it never even asked. I think since it's basically fully linked to Bnet now, they really don't care about restricting the EXE.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 09, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on May 08, 2012, 11:46:07 PM

I bought it for Mac and it never even asked. I think since it's basically fully linked to Bnet now, they really don't care about restricting the EXE.

Yeah blizz gives you access to both versions with all their digital copies. 
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 09, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »

If you didn't get in on those custom sigils (the town portal banners, I think?), they're all now available:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888358970#1
As a reminder, all five hero sigils are now unlocked on the Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise launch site. From now until Friday, May 18, you can earn these exclusive in-game emblems to use on your character banners in Diablo III. All you need to do is create a Mark of Valor and you're set!
When will I actually receive my sigil?

We're keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III's release on May 15, we'll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear in-game in the banner customization screen in-game once awarded.
I created a Demon Hunter one but hadn't bothered with the others yet.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 09, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

They've tried to clarify where your character name will be visible versus when your BattleTag ID name will be visible:

BattleTag Update and Diablo III Reminder
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4877377880?page=3#58
When Diablo III launches, your character name will be visible to you in a variety of locations including the character selection screen and game menu.

For other players, your character's name will only appear within your player profile, as hover text in the friends list, and when your character participates in quest dialog. In every other context, your BattleTag will be shown.

Also, just to clarify, your BattleTag identifier (the numbers appended to the end of your BattleTag nickname) will be visible in the "Add Friend" dialog and on a player's profile page. But that's it. When you're just playing normally in a group, only your BattleTag nickname should display.
To help clear up that confusion, the current design is something we feel pretty confident in. After carefully reviewing all of your feedback and analyzing the pros and cons of the system, we found that BattleTags are a better way (overall) to personally identify individuals from game to game, even if they change characters.

It helps players build up street cred, or even the opposite type of experiences where you'd want to avoid another player entirely -- something that would only be possible with an account-wide nickname. As a result, we felt that confusing BattleTags with character names in Diablo III was detrimental to those types of benefits.

We know that some of you may disagree with that approach, and that's totally fine. We just encourage you to give BattleTags a chance when Diablo III releases so you can see how the system works in the actual game environment. You might find that you actually like it! Or, you might not, and we'd love to hear your feedback either way. smile
Certainly some are already concerned this is going to lead to confusion, esp. in public games. I mean, if you're playing a "friends" game and invited me or I auto-joined, you know it's the GT Blackjack. If you're in a public game, and Blackjack4789 or something joins (you'll just see "Blackjack" in your game), you may think it's me but it's not.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 09, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LEAPxgMCEA8

The final unlock video is up now.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1176 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 09, 2012, 03:16:33 PM

..and CLEARLY made by the dude who worked on Aeon Flux. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 09, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »

Can someone briefly explain what this is all about (the sigils)? Is this just a cosmetic thing or what?

Quote from: Blackjack on May 09, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

If you didn't get in on those custom sigils (the town portal banners, I think?), they're all now available:
As a reminder, all five hero sigils are now unlocked on the Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise launch site. From now until Friday, May 18, you can earn these exclusive in-game emblems to use on your character banners in Diablo III. All you need to do is create a Mark of Valor and you're set!

We're keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III's release on May 15, we'll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear in-game in the banner customization screen in-game once awarded.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:55:50 PM by Misguided » Logged

Ruining language with my terrible words.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 09, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »

Just a cosmetic thing.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1179 on: May 09, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »

It's the banners you can drop in-game with 'F' (or 'G', I forget).  I don't know if they do anything else.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 09, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on May 09, 2012, 05:27:47 PM

It's the banners you can drop in-game with 'F' (or 'G', I forget).  I don't know if they do anything else.
In a group game, rather than having blue portals dropped every which way and you trying to figure out what's what, it's instead indicated with personal banners in the town you portaled to. You highlight the banner to see which person's banner is, and where it leads to, then click it to basically teleport to there immediately (I forget whether it takes you to the player's portal destination, or to their adjacent side).

You can't click on your own banner; if you want to take your own portal back, you just go back to the familiar blue portal, which is your own-only. I assume this was to eliminate the confusion in D2 when there were multiple blue portals in town.

I believe "T" is the default "Town Portal" skill key, but it's configurable like just about all the keys.

So when they talk about sigil, you're just able to do a custom banner design a bit in terms of the symbol on it, color schemes, stripes, etc. It's just an optional cosmetic option, no bonus or anything special. I think "sigil" is just a fancy term for the symbol on the banner.

They're doing something similar for those who participated in the ongoing closed beta:

"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888689240#1
In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:23:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 09, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »

And the forums will be renamed Airing of Grievances?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 09, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »

G was the key to slam your banner on a defeated foe
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 09, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

I'll have to remember to do that-  site seems slammed right now.

Because I can,
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1184 on: May 09, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: May 09, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 09, 2012, 07:30:46 PM

Wrong.

The banner (with the sigil on it) allows you to flag something for others.

eg: Hey check out this item / door / path / etc ... or Meet me here!

It has its use, but it is, for the most part, cosmetic. As you progress you also unlock other sigils and banner components (backgrounds, styles, etc).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 09, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on May 09, 2012, 07:50:28 PM

don't make me turn this game around and go back to pre-alpha!

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 09, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on May 09, 2012, 07:50:28 PM

Right?  I was almost entirely indifferent about this game just a short time ago, but after getting a taste during the open weekend I'm like a kid on Christmas morning who has to wait a week to get the unlock codes to the pile of presents in front of him.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 09, 2012, 08:11:54 PM »

Just saw this over on the official forums:

In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Cool! smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1189 on: May 09, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »

Imma gonna lord that over Mikagami... no wait... he eventually got in. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 09, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »

In case you're wondering about the beta client:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4877377991#4
Quote from: Bashiok
Yes, you should uninstall the beta. It has served its purpose.
Clicking it won't let you play the game earlier, nor will it morph you into Diablo.  retard  Torches and Happiness!
==============

And they had a caution note for folks using older ATI video card models:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4876967911
Quote from: lylirra
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7.

ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:20:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »

hey, did you guys hear about the 'One of the Chosen' thingamabob?  totally awesome!  icon_wink

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 09, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 09, 2012, 08:25:32 PM

hey, did you guys hear about the 'One of the Chosen' thingamabob?  totally awesome!  icon_wink

Doh!

Totally missed your post on it!  icon_redface

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 09, 2012, 09:40:36 PM »

Sorry if I missed it, I haven't been following this thread religiously.  But I have to ask the most pertinent question about Diablo 3: Is there a cow level?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 09, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 05, 2012, 07:53:43 PM

Here's a youtube playlist of all the Diablo 1 & 2 cinematics, key battles, dialogue, tomes, etc.

Now let me get this straight...our hero beats Diablo and removes his soulstone. But rather than, say, burying it 15 floors underground where no one would come looking, dropping it to the bottom of the ocean, or maybe hiding it in a tree no one would ever find, he SHOVES IT INTO HIS FOREHEAD.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:22 PM »

Quote from: Purge on May 09, 2012, 07:51:06 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 09, 2012, 07:30:46 PM

Wrong.

The banner (with the sigil on it) allows you to flag something for others.

eg: Hey check out this item / door / path / etc ... or Meet me here!

It has its use, but it is, for the most part, cosmetic. As you progress you also unlock other sigils and banner components (backgrounds, styles, etc).

how exactly is that wrong?  You kill something, then you hit G to shove your banner in their face and taunt the dead AI mob.  You can use it to mark something important if you want, I will continue to rub them in a bosses face when I beat them.  No need to be a dick about it, you're wrong.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 09, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on May 09, 2012, 09:03:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 09, 2012, 08:25:32 PM

Doh!

Totally missed your post on it!  icon_redface

actually it was Blackjack, no one loves BJ around here  icon_twisted

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1197 on: May 09, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 09, 2012, 09:49:05 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on May 05, 2012, 07:53:43 PM

Here's a youtube playlist of all the Diablo 1 & 2 cinematics, key battles, dialogue, tomes, etc.

Now let me get this straight...our hero beats Diablo and removes his soulstone. But rather than, say, burying it 15 floors underground where no one would come looking, dropping it to the bottom of the ocean, or maybe hiding it in a tree no one would ever find, he SHOVES IT INTO HIS FOREHEAD.

SPOILERSSHH!!!  slywink

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

They totally need to re-do Diablo 1 and 2 now to the current graphical specs.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:13 PM »

Eh, part of the problem was the soulstone alone wasn't enough to contain Diablo at that time. Without someone to fight him, he would break free sooner than if he hadn't done the whole soul-brain-crystal thing.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: