http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 09:40:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 82535 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 19, 2012, 03:06:19 AM »

Skill and Rune Changes blog

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4475014/Skill_and_Rune_Changes-2_18_2012#blog

EDIT:  BETA patch 13 is tonight. And I love the new changes.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 19, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »

Patch 13 Notes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123246179#13
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: February 19, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »

Friends got wiped too. frown

Time to resend.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 19, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 19, 2012, 07:03:53 PM

Friends got wiped too. frown

are you sure?  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: February 19, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »

Yes. Ass.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 19, 2012, 11:13:37 PM »

I'm trying to digest the implications of these new changes.  Of course who knows if they'll stick or not.  I'm curious if we'll ever learn what really happened throughout this development, as I can imagine now that the key dev who left might have done it over this change in direction.

Personally, at first glance, it feels like this really kills the creative customization that defined Diablo for many of us.  The original rune system which we never got to experience sounded like it would take it a different direction, but still give players tons of variation and nuance in how they played their character, so it was more or less forgivable that they were straying so far from the system that was so loved in D2.  This new system tightens the grip even further, and in spite of the fact that game still plays remarkably fun, it really looks like things are getting "dumbed down" further in terms of allowing for "creative freedom" so to speak.

Here's how it looks like it works; everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is unlocked via level.  Your 6 active skills are now broken down into specific categories.  For the Demon Hunter, for example, you get  Primary, Secondary, Defensive, Archery, Devices and Shadow.  Each category has 3-5 choices as to what you want to choose for the active skill.  Each active skill has 5 choices that modify the base skill.  It sounds like a lot of variation numerically, but when you boil it down, any lvl 50 DH will have access to the exact same skill base, and be able to clone him/herself accordingly.  Some people are going to love this kind of system, where effectively you can't make any mistakes - but the flip side is that's because you really have no hard decisions to make.  Whatever configuration makes sense for the situation, you just choose the combo you want and away you go.  At lower levels, it's much more dull as you almost make no choices whatsoever.  Early on when you are in the process of unlocking things, your active skills (and their modifiers) are constantly locked in due to the level limit.  So every lvl 10 DH is going to play pretty much identically.  Along with the choice to limit weapons by class and get rid of stat points, everything is so much more limited and simplistic. 

I think this system will work well for short and mid-term players, but not so much for the longer term people who like to experiment and create alternate builds, etc.  I don't see any reason (other than to change sex) I'd ever want or need to create a second character of any particular class.  Maybe gear is going to be a major differentiator, but honestly I don't see how at this point.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 19, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »

They're just getting everyone addicted to doing frequent character changes before they announce respecs will cost $10 at release.  Per skill.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »

Ritt, did you miss the "Elective Mode" ?

Also, the Rune system is still there. I'm not clear on how it's changed from the "first" one, as I've not got 20 hours of time to read through gigantic posts from the past. slywink Got a coles notes version?

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: February 19, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »

Here's a good read:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4475014/Skill_and_Rune_Changes-2_18_2012#blog

That goal and the system have been great successes, but the amount of customization we have available doesn’t mean anything if it’s not useful in combat situations. Combat depth is another one of our goals; Diablo III is designed to be a modern action game, built on the mantra of “easy to learn, difficult to master.” What that means for the player is picking a set of skills and abilities that work together, and then executing them in ways that lead to success: the wholesale slaughter of the demonic invasion. With that combat-depth goal in mind, we’ve been internally categorizing the skills since the inception of the system. Many of you could probably identify what these categories were if we asked, and some players have even mapped out what they are fairly accurately.

One of our other goals is to ensure our game controls and interfaces are easy to use so that players spend their time trying to master game mechanics rather than fighting an interface. Giving players complete freedom to choose “anything” with no direction as to how our systems are intended to work was a failure in our design. There was also a detached relationship between the bottom-bar UI and the skill system. We have six skill slots, and six spots to put skills, but the two interfaces didn't really interact, and stocking abilities in your interface felt awkward.

To fix these issues, we focused on two core changes: (1) exposing the skill design intent by categorizing the skills and (2) linking skill selection directly to the bottom-bar UI to make assigning skills a clearer process. When viewing the skill screen, you’ll be presented with your six skill selection slots; each of these correspond directly to your bottom bar, and each will provide a specific list of skills from which to choose. By providing a clear-cut guide on how to best maximize your build potential, we hope to cover that “easy to learn” half of the mantra.

You may already be fuming because you’re a “difficult to master” type of person, but before you run to the forums, we have you covered. In the Gameplay options, we’ve added an ‘Elective Mode’ for the skill system. With this checkbox ticked you’ll be able to place any skill in any skill slot, as freely as you could before. The Elective Mode option is available at any time with no requirements or need to unlock it. We hope the new, more guided interface will give you an in-game heads up as to the intent of each skill -- and maybe even be the way you play through the game in Normal -- but if you eventually have a build that simply can’t be accomplished the way we’ve laid things out, you’re free to pop on Elective Mode and take the skills you want.

So the Elective mode is for those interested in "spec'ing out" their character, where the default mode is the gutter-rails at the bowling alley. Tongue

Sofar, I really don't mind the rails. They should just make the "Elective Mode" more obvious. I did stumble upon it before reading any of this.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 20, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »

Oh thanks for that!  Definitely a relief!!  I still prefer the original rune system (essentially runes were drops, not level based).  The elective mode will at least make some things more customizable, like if I want my Strafe skill on right click (instead of #2 button).  That's really important for me.

The rune change is hard to gauge, but I think it's a mistake over the longer term.  The game becomes much more heavily level based than item based, and that's something that goes against the overall feel of D2. 
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 20, 2012, 02:47:21 AM »

I understand the intent with the rune system changes, but it seems like there might have been a different compromise. For instance, maybe the level one version of a given rune unlocked at a particular level but there were a way to increase the rune level through an item drop while avoiding the thousands of items they were concerned about. So a level 2 rune item might have upgraded any one previously learned rune from one to two.

In that way, it wouldn't have been entirely level based and, depending on scarcity of the rune levelers, there might still be decisions to make on which rune you enhanced when you found the enhancer.

Also, I had thought the the intent was for the different rune versions to be different but more or less equal (not the case that one or two variants were obviously better). If that is the case, why not let the player choose the order in which they unlock, or even which skill they want to unlock a rune from the next time they level up?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 20, 2012, 03:21:49 AM »

If anything this new system allows for more customization and trying new shit because you don't have to reroll a toon to try it out.  If I'm playing a certain way with x class I can just swap my skills and try something completely new.  As Purge mentioned, elective mode is for the advanced player and you can setup whatever skills you want.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 20, 2012, 06:04:15 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on February 20, 2012, 03:21:49 AM

If anything this new system allows for more customization and trying new shit because you don't have to reroll a toon to try it out.  If I'm playing a certain way with x class I can just swap my skills and try something completely new.  As Purge mentioned, elective mode is for the advanced player and you can setup whatever skills you want.

I think we have a different interpretation of the word "customization" particularly when it comes to a game like this.  To me, it means that the player is given the opportunity to make choices that matter to his character/build, and these choices will set him apart from someone of the same class and level.  In D2, I could create 3 different Amazons and play each of them entirely differently, and by late game (lvl 50+) they would each have a completely different look/feel from someone else's Amazon.  This new system is more like a traditional MMORPG; every level you unlock something new, but so does the next guy.  At lvl 50, you all have access to the exact same skills and skill modifiers.  Sure you can pick and choose what to use and when, but at the character POV, you are essentially the same "build."  The elective mode is nice, but doesn't really change things that much, it's more of a UI customization than anything else.  

Let me give you a specific example as to what is lost in a system like this.  I've been playing Dungeon Hunter on the Vita, and although it's not the greatest game, it does serve to remind me of some of the things I loved most about D2.  I started a mage character.  Early on I got some regular drops of "orbs" that you can shoot and do good damage, but they seemed to shoot slow so the feel was not that much fun.  I started getting some green, blue and purple drops - but most of them had a STR requirement my mage didn't meet. I was dying more than I thought I should, so I would put stat points in Endurance and Strength, hopefully eventually to be able to use some of that phat lewt I'd collected.  Eventually I got a gold sword drop, and for whatever reason it had lower requirements on it.  I started using it and remarkably the game felt better as well, i.e. I liked the combat feel better.  I found another cool purple dagger that made a great complement to it (+mana after kills) and to me.  The next time I levelled I got access to an AoE debuff and a heal. So at lvl 1 I was this kind of pathetic mage shooting firebolts and kiting to survive.  Now at lvl 5 I'm this badass dual sword wielding battlemage wading into a ton of mobs, AoEing them and then slicing them to pieces, and having way more fun.  Both the randomness of the drops AND the freedom to individualize and customize my character are what made this possible.  

The way the D3 system works, you could probably figure out some way to duplicate this on the fly once you hit a given level.  And so could the next guy and the next guy.  There's no loot randomness influencing your decision, no stats to balance out, not much in the way of decision making in the least.  I realize on the flip side you can argue that it's awesome you can just do whatever you want whenever you want (and I'm sure some people will love that), but fundamentally it's a different type of gaming system with respect to building and molding your character.  It's no longer a process guided by you (and fate); it's kind of all just given to you piecemeal in the order the developers see fit to do it.

The game is still going to be a ton of fun regardless, but if this is the system they go with, it will really have lost another piece of the spirit that made Diablo what it was.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:09:04 AM by rittchard » Logged
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »

Holy crap the Auction House is horribly-designed.  You can't view items unless you have a character of that class, you can't just search for an item name...

How the hell did Blizzard not realize that what they have with WoW works...and do something similar?  This is worse than SW:TOR's abortion of an Auction House.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 20, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »

I just did a run with the new rune system and I have to agree with Rittch.  This is a drastic change from the Diablo formula.  I complained earlier about the "skill system for dummies" approach but was told that it will all change when they add runes.  Unfortunately the way they have implemented runes as of  now doesn't change a thing.  Within a minute you can change your build to whatever flavour of the week build, there are no hard choices to make.  There is no need to roll the same class more than once.  I'm sure some people will prefer this approach but this is something in common with pretty much every Diablo "ish" game I can think of.  e.g. I know many people who played Borderlands have replayed the game with the same class to try a different build.  Same for TQ/Torchlight etc.  It's strange that D3 won't be like D2 and most of the other similar games if they stick with these latest changes. 

I'm not saying that the game still won't be great, I still love running through the content in the beta and I've done it several times now.  But the longevity will likely be affected if these changes stick.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

I'm not happy with the Rune system either.

I'd rather there be a Runes-you-can-handle-level-cap.

The runes (in increments) can be assigned to each skill as you see fit. You wanna max out Spirit Fist (or whatever) go ahead. You wanna boost two skills at 50% instead? Go for it.

Arbitrary rune unlocks blow chunks.

It won't stop my pre-order, but it makes me sad.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 20, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »

The more I read about it, the more disappointed I become.  This is a fully neutered version of the game we were promised a while back.  It's no wonder now that the other Exec Producer guy left, it's not hard to guess that it involved this change in direction.  The earlier vision of the game is now completely compromised.  Remember in earlier interviews how excited they were to advertise bazillions of possible combinations (I remember seeing a number but also seeing it described as near infinite) based on the rune system.  And now?  A complete 180:

Originally, we tied this in to the itemization system because it felt like a good fit, as Diablo is all about the item drops. But with around 120 base skills, that meant there were around 600 rune variants; on top of that, each variant had five quality levels each, meaning ultimately there would be something like 3,000 different runes in the game… and we knew we were heading toward a problem.

Seriously?  If 3000 different runes was such a big deal, wouldn't someone have figured that out years ago?  And if so, why not just decrease the rarity to 3 or 4?  Everything they were touting as awesome before is suddenly not "cool" lol.  What a joke.

It looks like even Blizzard can bite off more than it can chew.  My guess is in order to get it all tested out, they probably would have needed an extra 6 months or another year, so someone finally put their foot down and said, dump it so it can release.  I suppose I should just be grateful for that.  I guess I'd rather have the neutered version come out sooner rather than wait yet another year.

I was hoping there might still be some form of customization in terms of enhancing the power of each individual rune/skill, but it sounds like there isn't.

The new skill rune system does not have ranks, and we’ve instead made each around the equivalent to what the rank 4 or 5 rune was previously. One click, you make your rune choice, and you get an explosive benefit to that skill. That feels a lot cooler.

The pathetic part is how he keeps saying how it feels "cooler."  Sorry but it's not "cooler", unless cooler means dumbed down and simplified.  Oh well, here's hoping the game can at least be released now.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 20, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »

So when there were green gems and there were 6 levels of green gems, say you could increase the damage of your bash by 1/2/4/6/8/10/12%.  Now you level and get a rune that you can apply that gives you 10%.  

Re: leveling and replayability, I will say that I think replayability is not reduced but increased by the skill changes.  I personally didn't level more characters because of the hard rules will skill trees and decisions in D2.  Waiting and banking skill points to get to a higher tier, etc.  Much like they are doing away with this in WoW, they seem to be following the same design in D3.  I can play through multiple times and use completely different skills now and not be worried that I'm locked into x path. 

I don't offer this up as an argument, only a different viewpoint.  Maybe I'm the kind of player they are going for.  I don't want to have to worry about picking the wrong build.  I don't want to go to elitistjerks.com (actual WoW guild/forum known as a resource for info) and find what build works for my class.  I want to be able to level a toon and if I feel like playing 10 mins with x build and 10 mins with y build, I can now do that and I think that's cool.  I don't have to be pissed that I only can find the resplendent green gem for only 4% damage increase when I really want the artisan green gem that gives 12%.  I can just choose rune of damage buff and I get my increase for that skill.  I still have a choice because rune B might give me the ability to attack 3 mobs with bash, but for 70% weapon dmg each.  You still get to differ from other people.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 20, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on February 20, 2012, 08:15:11 PM

So when there were green gems and there were 6 levels of green gems, say you could increase the damage of your bash by 1/2/4/6/8/10/12%.  Now you level and get a rune that you can apply that gives you 10%.  

The difference is that this applies to not just you, but everyone who plays the class.  It completely diminishes the "specialness" of wanting, finding, or trading/buying the green gem.  The "everyone gets all skills" already dumbs down the skill system, and I thought that was an OK compromise for folks like you who were afraid of picking the "wrong build."  (Of course I might argue the entire D2 character progression is built upon a system where you take risks and make sacrifices, and in reality there is no "wrong build" - there's only the build that you wanted to play, and items/stats, etc would make you viable at least through Nightmare.)  But now removing this from items makes it a completely fixed system.  Yes it's nice that I can change things on the fly, but so can everyone else.  There's no more randomness to it, no more "if only I got that piece of the puzzle, I could complete my character build...," it's almost like killing a part of the spirit of the game.  Now, just like a MMORPG, I get to 60 and I have access to everything.  What am I going to keep looking forward to?  Perhaps the loot system will be strong enough a motivation, but I really have my doubts given the direction they've been heading. 
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »

Sounds like they've made the stuff i was complaining about after trying the beta and not reading up on the rune system previously become a reality now anyways...

I'm movin farther and farther away from even buying D3 as i see less and less of the total sum that made D2 awesome to me.

Neverthless, updating my beta to at least look at the new bastardization of the Great D2.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:20:50 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on February 23, 2012, 09:15:45 PM

Neverthless, updating my beta to at least look at the new bastardization of the Great D2.

The saddest part is that the core engine/combat really is a ton of fun.  So the game will be awesome in its own way, but just not as a sequel to D2.

Here are some comments I made over at the Wanderers board:

In the ORIGINAL system, the runes were objects/loot drops. So you would have the choice to slot it in any active skill you had available to enhance that skill into a new "runeskill", or you could save it for a later one, or sell/trade it or whatever. Once slotted you could make that runeskill active; the base skill is no longer relevant. Presumably if you slotted over it with a different color rune, you could only make that particular runeskill active. It was not an unlocking process, but more of a slotting process like D2 gems/runes based on your personal choices and preferences.  Given the removal of attribute AND skill points, really this would be the *only* build-based decisions you'd be making.

In the NEW system, a fixed "runeskill" (effectively an upgrade to the base skill) is automatically unlocked when you level, just like in a traditional MMORPG. Everyone playing the class unlocks everything at the same level. Each skill eventually has 5 runeskill choices which unlock at pre-determined character levels; all unlock at the same relative power "rank".  At any point and time you can call up the interface and switch to a different runeskill. There's a 15 second time penalty as the new runeskill becomes active. So by level 60 you'll have access to every skill possible and you can pick and choose what to activate at your leisure. The only disadvantage to casual players is that if you don't play into Nightmare and level to 60, you never get to try a large number of the runeskill variants.

There is no way around the fact that there is far less intelligence, choice making, customization, specialization or whatever you want to call it. The game is a dumbed down version of what was originally proposed, and that's a shame, because it's still an excellent core game engine. Whether it affects the game's longevity is hard to say, though I would argue any dumbing down will increase longevity for one portion of the audience but decrease it for others.

Reading the official forums, it seems approx. 50/50 of people who are happy and people who aren't.  I guess it's not too surprising coming from the Blizzard fanboy crowd, as this new system is pretty much the same as an MMORPG levelling system; every level you get either a new base skill or an upgrade to an old one.  It does solve the one issue they originally had in that nothing was unlocking from lvls 30-60; now at least you get something unique to look forward to every level.

My guess is the change was really done in order to make balancing content, etc. much easier. N ow they have complete control over what skills are available to players and when and at what power level, which should make balancing easy as they can pretty much just do whatever they do in WoW.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:14 AM »

I still think they should revisit the old idea, and cap how much "rune" your toon can handle based on level.

Eg: lvl20 barbarian wanted to dump all runes to max three skills, go for it. Max damage, and beyond lvl4 of 6, they get the oo shiny.
     Instead they decide to bump ALL skills evenly, well, less shiny, more balanced.

That means the 30-60 crowd can still upgrade. (actually, they could restrict the lvl5/6 to 30-45,45-60) so that you need to be a master to get the biggest crap.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 24, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »

Blues pointed out that D3 game director Jay Wilson is attempting to stem the rage...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079872821
Jay Wilson wanted to share a message with the Diablo III community:

Some of you might have seen some headlines or a certain (obviously sarcastic) blue post that implies that we're unsteady about where Diablo III stands, and that you should temper your expectations when it comes to the next installment in the Diablo series.

Let me be clear: Nothing could be further from the truth.

As those of you in the beta have seen, the game is in good shape. Actually, I should say that the beta version of the game is in good shape. The latest full build we've been testing here in the office is in great shape.  

We get a lot of sympathy from the other teams because of the long hours of crunch our design team is putting in, but the secret is that playing through the game as we do final tuning, bug fixes, and optimizations is a real joy. We always know a Blizzard game is almost ready when we have to ask members of the team to stop playing so they can get their work done. That’s definitely been the case around here.

We think you're going to love Diablo III when it's released, and speaking of release plans, you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future. See, I didn’t say “soon,” so I’m not taunting you. slywink You’ll know as soon as I know for sure the exact date.

And by the way, we want you to have high expectations for Diablo III and all Blizzard games. That’s what pushes us to try to make the best gaming experiences we possibly can. If Diablo III wasn’t a worthy next installment in the Diablo series, we wouldn’t release it. That’s the way we do it. That’s the way we’ve always done it.

As I’ve said many times in the recent past, we think Diablo III is coming along great and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on it. We’re doing all we can to ensure you have one hell of a time once you step foot in Sanctuary…

Also, I think Diablo is much more comparable to the Evil Dead series personally, and those just kept getting better.  OK, I know a lot of you prefer Evil Dead 2 to Army of Darkness, but come on, Bruce Campbell fights a squad of little Bruce Campbells!  Priceless. =)
None of this addresses specific concerns players have had about the beta to this point.

While I assume Bashiok (community manager who makes about 90%+ of blue posts at their forums) is the "blue post" mentioned, I'm not sure. Wilson seemed more concern about some perception Blizz had lost confidence in the game's direction.

My 2 cents is still that 99% of the people in the world raging about the beta's current state will still buy D3 on opening day sight unseen, or will quickly give in to "Forum Effect" (as far as people here go) - including me.  icon_smile In the end, I had a blast playing the beta sliver of content, but I just can't really say as to how the entire, much bigger game will feel. I have concerns, I just don't have it in me at this time to rage about something based on playing such a tiny subset of it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:09:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 24, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »

As BJ said, in spite of how disheartening this is to a D2 purist fan like myself, I am sure I will play and enjoy the game.  I play the beta regularly and there's no denying it's fun.  In fact people are loving the new beta more because they get to access more now.  I do think the game will lose something intangible because of the change in philosophy, I guess time will tell.

In the mean time, here's my whiny melodramatic post on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079839650?page=41#801
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »

New release date rumor - April 17.  It looks like we'll hear soon since Blizzard tweeted that, on a scale of 1 to 10, the closeness of the release date reveal is 9.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

I'm thinking that 4/17 looks pretty solid, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced tomorrow now that it's already been leaked.  Jay already said he wouldn't debunk or confirm the date, which sounds like confirmation to me!
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 08, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »

I have the WoW annual pass and D3 is on my bnet account now although the client isnt avail for download yet.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 10, 2012, 02:11:48 AM »

Wow, this thread hasn't gone nuclear over the news that PvP will not be in the initial release?

http://kotaku.com/5892093/blizzard-tables-diablo-iii-pvp-in-favor-of-a-timely-release

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 10, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 10, 2012, 02:11:48 AM

Wow, this thread hasn't gone nuclear over the news that PvP will not be in the initial release?

http://kotaku.com/5892093/blizzard-tables-diablo-iii-pvp-in-favor-of-a-timely-release
no complaints here.  Get it out for the single/co-op player experience and then patch the PvP stuff in.  Sounds like a smart move to me.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: March 10, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »

I honestly don't play PvP.  I'd rather play co-op any day of the week.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 10, 2012, 03:36:56 AM »

I'll never pvp, they can table it forever.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 10, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »

cause the pvp is just ok. i mean it's fun and all, but is it honestly the main draw of the game? not really, no. i can really only see pvp being fun for players who actually do it serious like. a random group probably not so much.
trust me, if you just want to find awesome loot. you aren't missing anything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 10, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 10, 2012, 03:36:56 AM

I'll never pvp, they can table it forever.

this.

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 10, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »

Wow, okay.  I thought everybody pretty much considered PvP in previous Diablo games to pretty much be the best part.  Guess I was wrong.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: March 10, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »

There was PvP in previous Diablo games?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: March 11, 2012, 02:10:57 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on March 10, 2012, 09:02:54 PM

There was PvP in previous Diablo games?

Yeah, remember getting killed in town by hackers, and losing all your stuff?

I DON'T miss PvP in that regard. If done well, I could see settling some e-peen arguments.

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: March 11, 2012, 03:44:58 AM »

Actually, I’ve never played Diablo with random internet people, only with friends in closed games.  It never occurred to me that people would want to fight with other people.  Being a loot based game, skill wouldn’t enter into the fight; whoever had played the most wins.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 12, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 10, 2012, 08:43:08 PM

Wow, okay.  I thought everybody pretty much considered PvP in previous Diablo games to pretty much be the best part.  Guess I was wrong.

we could try and generate some fake outrage if it'll help you feel better.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:43 PM »

I was definitely planning to try the PvP as a side game type of thing, which is what I always presumed it was supposed to be.  It's kind of irritating at this point to hear the PvP might have affected the overall release schedule. 
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 15, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »

According to RPS, May 15th.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: