http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 07:04:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 99133 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 27, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 27, 2014, 07:06:56 PM

I'll take you up on that when the expansion hits.  smile  I'm looking forward to starting from scratch in Loot 2.0 with the new class.

I think there will be a ton of full parties of Crusaders lol.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2361 on: February 27, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »

I may have to finally reinstall this and give it a fair shake.  I barely played it when it first came out; it just didn't grab me at all, partially because of the poor loot balance.  Not to mention server troubles in my single player game...   disgust

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 27, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »

Going by achievements, I haven't really played since June '12. I think I finished the game once on normal, started some other characters and enjoyed it but got burnt out on it. I really don't remember how different it was before this patch to know if it makes the game better. Nor have I followed any of the changes, so I am kind of lost of what paragon levels are and other little things. All that said, I started a new wizard and I am really enjoying it.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 01, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »

If anyone wants a group when I am on, feel free to jump in a game if we are sort of close in levels. (I'm Sixtus.) played in a game tonight on expert and the loot was non stop. Big difference from single player hard level.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:24:34 AM by Lee » Logged
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »

Ah ok Lee, I saw you on last night. Had a few hours of coop with SoulChilde last night.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 01, 2014, 05:34:38 PM »

Had my first profitable session last night post patch with 2 legendary and one set items all if which I can actually use on my barb. Managed to increase my dps by 14k because of them.
Was feeling meh post patch - granted I did get 2 legendaries earlier This week week but like before they were useless to my character. Its good to get back into some mindless point and click again.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 01, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »

I'm compelled, but Marvel keeps pulling me away.  Maybe once TF is a bit less new the expansion's adventure mode will grab me
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2367 on: March 02, 2014, 02:14:48 AM »

Playing this again for the first time since shortly after launch, and I have to say I'm actually enjoying myself now.  Got some decent drops for my barbarian in the few hours I played today. 

I still miss putting points into stats and upgrades, but I suppose that won't ever change in this game.

There are also still moments of lag spike where my inputs get ignored and then I'm warped back several seconds, and that is always disconcerting.  I wish they just had a pure offline mode. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 03, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »

Wanted to post this here since it was confusing me when I saw it:

In Reaper of Souls you might notice that some affixes on items have an orange diamond next to it, and they're meant to indicate the affix will not be calculated in the item comparison tool. In other words, any affix with an orange diamond next to it won't change the red or green numbers in the item window.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 03, 2014, 06:39:07 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 02, 2014, 02:14:48 AM

I still miss putting points into stats and upgrades, but I suppose that won't ever change in this game.

You'll get a little bit of that feel *after* you hit level 60 (70 in the expansion).  Why they structured it like this is still something I'll never understand, but whatever it's better than nothing.

For those of you that haven't followed the late/end-game, Blizzard added in a post-max leveling system dubbed Paragon levels (plvls).  The original version worked differently, but here's how it works now.  Once you hit the level cap (60 right now, 70 only if/when you activate the expansion), you start to accrue experience in a new level pool.  Yes, that's right, you get to start leveling all over again lol.  Each plvl you get to spend a point in 1 of 4 sub-categories, with each category having (I think) 4 or 5 different choices on what to improve.  Choices range from your base stats to increased attack speed or improved life on hit.  It's not going to be that big a deal but certainly for min/maxxers trying to optimize to a particular build, or to help fill in some gaps in your gear, it certainly gives some additional knobs to tweak.

The interesting thing about the system is that ALL of your account characters share the same plvl, and can use the increases as soon as they are created.  Any paragon xp you earn while playing a max level character earns xp toward this pool, so you can switch back and forth between your characters and you are always making progress for all of them.  While you play your lower level characters, you can use the paragon bonuses while still playing the game as you normally would and earning "regular" xp.  All in all I really like the system, it gives you a little something extra to play with while hunting for gear. 
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: March 03, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »

Well I was originally thinking of passing on the expansion, but this patch convinced me to pre-order.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 03, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on March 03, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

Well I was originally thinking of passing on the expansion, but this patch convinced me to pre-order.

Same here.  I wasn't going to get it, but the patch really brought my interest back.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 03, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 03, 2014, 06:39:07 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 02, 2014, 02:14:48 AM

You'll get a little bit of that feel *after* you hit level 60 (70 in the expansion).  Why they structured it like this is still something I'll never understand, but whatever it's better than nothing.

For those of you that haven't followed the late/end-game, lotsa lotsa text

Interesting, thanks for all that.  I thought I wanted to wait until the expansion to try the new patch tweaks, but maybe I'll fire up some of my old characters now after all.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 03, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »

i very much prefer this way over the putting stat points in and never being able to realistically change this without making a new character way.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2374 on: March 03, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

I was excited about playing this again, until I had tons of rubberbanding and got disconnected from the servers a couple times yesterday.  Nothing worse than almost fully exploring an outdoor area just to get disconnected and have none of the map uncovered anymore.  Except to have it happen twice.

Back on the shelf for you, shitty online game I just want to play by myself.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on March 03, 2014, 08:29:06 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on March 03, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

Same here.  I wasn't going to get it, but the patch really brought my interest back.

Same here. Fuck.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:30 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 03, 2014, 10:18:23 PM

I was excited about playing this again, until I had tons of rubberbanding and got disconnected from the servers a couple times yesterday.  Nothing worse than almost fully exploring an outdoor area just to get disconnected and have none of the map uncovered anymore.  Except to have it happen twice.

that very much would probably be your connection or system.  Even on crap wifi on my gf's crap laptop it works decently.  On my main system it's smooth as butter.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: March 04, 2014, 12:55:42 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 03, 2014, 11:44:30 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 03, 2014, 10:18:23 PM

that very much would probably be your connection or system.  Even on crap wifi on my gf's crap laptop it works decently.  On my main system it's smooth as butter.

Yeah, I was having Internet problems the other day and went through this, but on the days I didn't, I had zero issues and was nice and smooth.  It goes back to the old argument went this released of why you need to be connected to play a game in single player.  Can be frustrating if you just want to play but are having connection issues.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 04, 2014, 01:46:54 AM »

BattleNet has had a note up the last couple of days that their are connection problems for some people that is not on their end (or something to that effect).

I have had zero problems with connections since I started up again. That said, there really should be an offline mode.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: March 04, 2014, 03:13:15 AM »

From the Blizzard forums, it seems like they have boosted xp 50% up until the new expansion drops on March 25th.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: March 04, 2014, 03:30:28 AM »

Quote from: dangerballs on March 04, 2014, 03:13:15 AM

From the Blizzard forums, it seems like they have boosted xp 50% up until the new expansion drops on March 25th.

Wish they would just release it now, everything seems to already be in there. Caviler items, achievements, and even the final credits have an option to see the expansions credits. Oh well gives me a chance to get some Paragon levels, seems like everyone has some except me.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:27 AM »

Video of all the changes in patch 2.01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW3o0sFldoc
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: March 04, 2014, 11:15:26 PM »

Shouldn't we get the 50% XP boost when the expansion releases so we can power level the new class? Not sure I want to go through the firs four acts again, at least not on Normal.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:49 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 04, 2014, 11:15:26 PM

Shouldn't we get the 50% XP boost when the expansion releases so we can power level the new class? Not sure I want to go through the firs four acts again, at least not on Normal.

Assuming you've already played through to 60 can't you choose any difficulty up to Master on a new character?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:57 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 04, 2014, 11:15:26 PM

You can start on Hard or higher now if you want to I think.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: March 04, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »

Yep, you don't have to start on normal. I did and it was way too easy. Bumped it up to expert (3rd difficulty), it wasn't that tough and I was 54 by the end of it. I started over on master (next level up) and it wasn't too bad, but some of the elites required lots of kiting so I put it bCk to expert.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 06, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »

Detailed look:

Diablo III is fun again [allegedly]
http://gamerhorizon.com/diablo-iii-fun-first-time/

Me? I still have to decide if I want to share an image of my passport or driver's license with a Blizzard tech support flunky so they'll remove my messed up (or hacked) authenticator from my account. In spite of my explanations, answering my secret question, resetting my password repeatedly and receiving Blizzard emails to my account, they still don't believe I'm me. I was going to offer to swab some of my saliva and other DNA to prove it.  saywhat icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 06, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »

No offense Blackjack, but that makes me very happy to hear that it's difficult to rest the password/authenticator. When I read the articles on the Twitter @N thing (basically, companies easily reset passwords for a hacker), it kind of scared me that it might be too easy. Good to hear Blizzard is good about it. Assuming that hacking the authenticator isn't an easy/common thing.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 06, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »

Quote from: Lee on March 06, 2014, 03:54:30 PM

No offense Blackjack, but that makes me very happy to hear that it's difficult to rest the password/authenticator. When I read the articles on the Twitter @N thing (basically, companies easily reset passwords for a hacker), it kind of scared me that it might be too easy. Good to hear Blizzard is good about it. Assuming that hacking the authenticator isn't an easy/common thing.
None taken.  icon_smile I'm just not comfortable, in today's world, with sharing my passport/driver's license with Blizzard. Heck I don't even have a way to confirm the support link I communicated with them on is legitimate.

I mean it's one thing to flash it to a TSA guy or the cashier who's carding me at age 48 (!), but giving someone an image of private info so far is just not something I've been able to get comfortable with. So I guess I either get over my discomfort (a lot of folks claim they do this often and aren't worried about it), or I don't play any more Blizzard games.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: March 06, 2014, 05:24:03 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 06, 2014, 03:48:07 PM

Detailed look:

Me? I still have to decide if I want to share an image of my passport or driver's license with a Blizzard tech support flunky so they'll remove my messed up (or hacked) authenticator from my account. In spite of my explanations, answering my secret question, resetting my password repeatedly and receiving Blizzard emails to my account, they still don't believe I'm me. I was going to offer to swab some of my saliva and other DNA to prove it.  saywhat icon_razz

Btw, I had to have my authenticator removed and emailed a picture of my ID to the tech support.   Felt weird, but she promptly removed it once she got the picture

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 09, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 06, 2014, 05:24:03 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on March 06, 2014, 03:48:07 PM

Detailed look:

Me? I still have to decide if I want to share an image of my passport or driver's license with a Blizzard tech support flunky so they'll remove my messed up (or hacked) authenticator from my account. In spite of my explanations, answering my secret question, resetting my password repeatedly and receiving Blizzard emails to my account, they still don't believe I'm me. I was going to offer to swab some of my saliva and other DNA to prove it.  saywhat icon_razz

Btw, I had to have my authenticator removed and emailed a picture of my ID to the tech support.   Felt weird, but she promptly removed it once she got the picture
Thanks for sharing your experience on that.  icon_smile I dunno, I'll probably do that at some point.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 09, 2014, 03:47:40 PM »

Really enjoying the new patch.  I've played a ton of it when I haven't played this game in forever.  Trying to get the last piece I need for the Staff of Herding.  Got Chiltara to spawn, but it dropped a legendary instead of the piece I needed. frown  I think I was something like level 55 when I started playing again and am now up to Paragon 20.  I'm just playing on Hard right now to get through the story, get the achievements for killing the bosses (which I guess are new or reset or something, because I already beat the game a couple of times and yet am still getting these achievements).  Then, I think I will try playing on Torment as Hard is super easy.  We'll see if the gear I am getting will help me survive, although I only have 6 legendaries equipped.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 09, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »

My account got hacked a while back, and I logged on yesterday for the first time since it happened.  All my characters were still there and had apparently been left untouched, but my entire friends list was gone.  frown

I've run through the game 4.5 times now (3.5 times on PC, once on PS3)...trying to decide if I want to do it all again.

My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 10, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »

Crusader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6tjjToBiTw
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »

Started a new character yesterday. I'm at lv-15 already with the double XP you get. On this Barb
I've already got two Orange-rares.  I'm wondering at this rate how they can keep the loot fresh and exciting
Its like the polar opposite of what it was pre-patch.
Its kinda fun again, I'll see if I can get this guy up to expansion level requirements before it releases.

**not rares, Legendaries.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:57:35 PM by Arclight » Logged

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:35 PM »

it's +50%, not double fwiw.  Levelling IS really fast though, especially if you go to the higher difficulties.  Just upped it to Torment 3 and am finding it quite doable
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 10, 2014, 10:24:27 PM »

I tried torment 6 the other day, it was a slow fight to kill normal creatures and there is no way I could take on rares by myself, but the +%3000 to exp at that level was quite noticeable.  It probably doesn't help that I was on the bridge in Act 3, I may have to try that level in Act 1.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 10, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »

Torment 6 should be 1600% xp, is there another boost other than the +50% I'm not seeing?

I have more than enough toughness to survive T3, but man me dps is a bit behind.  Probably need to group and tank.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 10, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 10, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

Torment 6 should be 1600% xp, is there another boost other than the +50% I'm not seeing?

I have more than enough toughness to survive T3, but man me dps is a bit behind.  Probably need to group and tank.

Did you have bonus xp in your pool?  There are shrines that give +25% until you die and you can keep adding to it with more shrines.  Not sure that gets you up to the level you were talking about, though.

TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 10, 2014, 10:58:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 10, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

Hmm no idea where I got +3k% from.  I checked on my character list and for some reason that's the number that stuck in my head. When I look now it is a mere %1600, which I imagine would still be quite doable. 

My characters were pretty dps focused from back when I played, I got 6 or 7 paragon levels with my WD recently and only found one upgrade so far. Set boots, and they weren't really a statistical upgrade at least not until I get a set bonus from them.  Funny enough my HC character has the highest dps of my entire list.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: