http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 03:46:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III --Impressions start on page 36 --  (Read 103772 times)
Farscry
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »

I'm completely uninterested in PvP for Diablo 3. It's all about the PvE for me!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 07, 2011, 05:03:00 PM

Same here. 

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 07, 2011, 05:26:14 PM

Quote from: Farscry on January 07, 2011, 05:03:00 PM

Same here. 

That's my prime interest. but the 3v3 arena seems like it could be a blast as a secondary diversion, particularly if you play with all friends and you don't have some psycho overpowered strangers taunting you (I prefer psycho overpowered friends taunting me instead).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »

some hints at when to expect this?

Additionally, Morhaime said that he would talk about Diablo 3 "and the upcoming beta on the next call," in about three months. "Until we get to beta and have the community help us test the game," he later said, "we're not going to lock in a release date."

so maybe the beta doesn't start until May or June, and then lasts however long it needs to be.  They say if there is no release this year we'll see 2 Blizzard games in 2012, so it could be a Diablo/Starcraft fest next year.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »

there's still hope they'll make a 2011 launch.  Maybe it will be a December release like Cataclysm.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »

how Diablo 3 originally looked before the rainbow puking unicorns.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2011, 08:24:17 AM »

A teeny, tiny bread crumb of new visual info at the Facebook page, apparently...

Diablo III Facebook Reaches 675,000 Likes – New Screenshots
http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-facebook-reaches-675000-likes-new-screenshots

I'm afraid that at age 50 (2015), and I'm not convinced D3 will be out even then, I won't have the enthusiasm for this (or perhaps even the wrist/mouse clicking finger durability) I would've had in my 30s and 40s. But asking someone to do a sequel within, ya know, 10 years of the previous game is clearly too much to ask!  smirk

Gawd, this thread was created in 2005!   icon_eek

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 18, 2011, 08:24:17 AM

I'm afraid that at age 50 (2015), and I'm not convinced D3 will be out even then, I won't have the enthusiasm for this (or perhaps even the wrist/mouse clicking finger durability) I would've had in my 30s and 40s. But asking someone to do a sequel within, ya know, 10 years of the previous game is clearly too much to ask!  smirk

LOL, we are about the same age Blackjack and I also have my worries. I know I will still have the enthusiasm but will I still have the reflexes/durability, not so sure, probably be forced to only play singleplayer because of it.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »

Quote from: Warfran on March 18, 2011, 05:10:27 PM

LOL, we are about the same age Blackjack and I also have my worries. I know I will still have the enthusiasm but will I still have the reflexes/durability, not so sure, probably be forced to only play singleplayer because of it.

Why SP only?  I would think in a co-operative game, MP would be that much more friendly... and certainly there will be plenty of friends here to play with.

My biggest concern, and I'm only half joking, is that the Apocalypse or End of Days will occur before I get to play D3.  That would really suck.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

thank god I already played this then. LET THE WORLD END!
Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 18, 2011, 05:58:21 PM

Why SP only?  I would think in a co-operative game, MP would be that much more friendly... and certainly there will be plenty of friends here to play with.

My biggest concern, and I'm only half joking, is that the Apocalypse or End of Days will occur before I get to play D3.  That would really suck.

I was thinking SP only to avoid public humiliation, but your right, with some understanding friends in a co-op game it might be an easier journey.
earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »

A teeny, tiny bread crumb of new visual info at the Facebook page, apparently...

Diablo III Facebook Reaches 675,000 Likes – New Screenshots
http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-facebook-reaches-675000-likes-new-screenshots

On the other side of 50 I can echo these sentiments. The mind is certainly willing but the twitch fingers just don't have it anymore. Is there an ultra-casual mode  icon_wink

Gamertag earicci on PS3 and Xbox 360
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2011, 03:26:07 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 18, 2011, 05:58:21 PM

What?! you didnt know?  The release of Diablo 3 is one of the seven signs of the Apocalypse.  It is the graphically metaphorical representation of the opening of the gates of hell.  icon_twisted

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »

Blizzard Endorses Self-Cannibalism!!!!
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33623/Blizzards_Pearce_Diablo_III_Could_Cannibalize_WoW_Before_Titan.php
"So it's better we cannibalize them ourselves than let someone else do that, because if we cannibalize them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer," he said. Diablo III currently has no announced release date.
drool

Next up... when Apes Attack!!!!!  icon_eek icon_razz

Seriously, I'll need to stick that infamous Diablo crystal into the side of my head in order to have enough wrist strength to play D3 without hurting myself. Oddly, although I gave myself terrible wrist tendinitis in 2007 playing Titan Quest, it was really never an issue with the Diablo games. Perhaps ... age. Get off my lawn! *Fist Shaking*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:30:11 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »

Diablo 3 will eat lots of games. Also, i'm not sure it'll really "eat" wow. I bet the majority of wow players are wow players, not gamers. That is, they only play wow.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »

Well Blackjack, you'll have plenty of time to do wrist exercises and build up that strength.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on March 21, 2011, 07:45:07 PM

Diablo 3 will eat lots of games. Also, i'm not sure it'll really "eat" wow. I bet the majority of wow players are wow players, not gamers. That is, they only play wow.

Bang on there Jersoc, four people play WoW where I work but I'm the only gamer there, they don't play anything else.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »

This is kind of OT, but for those of you with carpal tunnel issues, I recommend trying a "vertical" mouse from Evoluent.

Basic unit looks like this, but apparently they have versions for smaller hands and lefties too:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042R6FNI/ref=s9_simh_co_p236_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=1V79KMRW1NYB7B7Z3XJR&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1280661782&pf_rd_i=typ01

It takes a little time to get used to, but I found it completely overhauled my horrible carpal tunnel issues.  I use one at work and at home now, even for high intensity gaming like League of Legends.  I recently tried swapping back to a traditional gaming mouse and literally within minutes I started feeling the pains again.  Don't know if it will work for everyone but it really helped me a lot.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »

diablo 3 isn't really clicky. you have, from what i remember, the 10 basic hotkeys and i'm fairly certain you can bind those to any keys you want. i remember spending more time using skills than holding my mouse to attack.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on March 22, 2011, 08:47:48 AM

diablo 3 isn't really clicky. you have, from what i remember, the 10 basic hotkeys and i'm fairly certain you can bind those to any keys you want. i remember spending more time using skills than holding my mouse to attack.
Sounds more like an MMO. icon_smile Which wouldn't bother me per se.

The typical Diablo clone motif is left-click to move, left-click to attack, right-click to special-attack, Function keys (F1, F2, etc.) or other keys for choosing special attacks to bind to your right mouse button.

fwiw, I didn't have wrist issues in Torchlight, or that wonky sci-fi Greed game I was touting a few months back that required an insane amount of clicking. Only Titan Quest in 2007. I don't know quite what it was about TQ that wore out the wrist. It wasn't carpal tunnel per se -- it was plain old wrist tendinitis which thankfully went away some months after I gave up Titan Quest. tear

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »

well, why would you auto attack when you could throw mines on guys and explode entire groups at once?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2011, 02:30:35 PM »

the Horadric Cube app for the iPhone. 

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2011, 06:53:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 01, 2011, 02:30:35 PM

Now that's about reasonable effort for an April Fool's joke....

In the mean time, I just saw the Male Demon Hunter, wow that just looks insanely cool.  I simply can't decide what class (and sex) I want to play first now, they are all just so awesome.  Not that I'll ever get to play this game, but I can fantasize about it at least.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2011, 07:37:41 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 01, 2011, 06:53:10 PM

In the mean time, I just saw the Male Demon Hunter, wow that just looks insanely cool.  I simply can't decide what class (and sex) I want to play first now, they are all just so awesome.  Not that I'll ever get to play this game, but I can fantasize about it at least.

I know. Maybe my future grandchildren will get to play it.

If it ever does come out in my lifetime, my first character will be a female Monk. I'm sure I'll play all the classes quite obsessively, but the Monk will be my first foray into the world of D3.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 01, 2011, 02:30:35 PM

I so wanted it.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on April 01, 2011, 07:37:41 PM

If it ever does come out in my lifetime, my first character will be a female Monk. I'm sure I'll play all the classes quite obsessively, but the Monk will be my first foray into the world of D3.
I've been using Diablo clones to train my 6 year old so that by the time he reaches adulthood, and the game is released, he will be a master.  My fear is that we will have already moved on to a more refined input device by then, and all the years of dedicated right click/left click mouse training will be in vain.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on April 01, 2011, 07:57:23 PM

I've been using Diablo clones to train my 6 year old so that by the time he reaches adulthood, and the game is released, he will be a master.  My fear is that we will have already moved on to a more refined input device by then, and all the years of dedicated right click/left click mouse training will be in vain.
Yes, probably by then he will be making the motion of a mouse click, rather than actually clicking a mouse button.  biggrin

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 01, 2011, 08:12:35 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on April 01, 2011, 07:57:23 PM

Yes, probably by then he will be making the motion of a mouse click, rather than actually clicking a mouse button.  biggrin

I'm expecting full psychic interfaces by then.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »

box art?

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »

That looks very nice, but I'd be shocked if it's not fake.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »

The box says an internet connection is required...I wonder if we will still be using the internet when the game is released?  We'll probably just mentally jack into the collective. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 06, 2011, 10:37:08 AM

That looks very nice, but I'd be shocked if it's not fake.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109014-Diablo-III-Box-Art-Revealed-Maybe-Not

Fake.  It's fan art of Sargeras.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

FANtastic art though. smile

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »

Blue's pointed out a NY Times preview:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/arts/video-games/diablo-iii-from-blizzard-a-preview.html?_r=1
But as Mr. Wilson put it: “We’re definitely in the home stretch. We’re crunching. This is when the magic happens.”

To my admittedly biased (and eager) ears, that sounds as if the Blizzard folks wanted to get the game out in 2011.
Which to me guarantees the game will be out by... 2014. Or is that too optimistic?  Roll Eyes  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »

Every time I see this thread lights up with a new post there's a tiny part of me that thinks/wishes/hopes it's finally the announcement of a release date, or at least that beta testing has begun.  Even though I know it won't be, I still get a tiny bit crushed when it's not  crybaby

That said, from everything I've read it certainly looks like they are internally targetting a 2011 end-of-year release, and that would be their only release this year.  Given that no word has started on beta testing though, that may still be a pipedream.  I thought I saw an estimate that beta to release would be around 6 months, so if it hasn't started yet, this year could be a bust...
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »

if beta starts in the soon'ish, we should see it in the fall/early 2012. if not, dont hold your breath.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 28, 2011, 04:25:03 PM

Blue's pointed out a NY Times preview:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/27/arts/video-games/diablo-iii-from-blizzard-a-preview.html?_r=1
But as Mr. Wilson put it: “We’re definitely in the home stretch. We’re crunching. This is when the magic happens.”

To my admittedly biased (and eager) ears, that sounds as if the Blizzard folks wanted to get the game out in 2011.
Which to me guarantees the game will be out by... 2014. Or is that too optimistic?  Roll Eyes  icon_smile

Nah, the first major patch will come out in 2014 assuming it hits shelves by December this year.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM »

external beta in Q3.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2011, 10:04:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

This better not be a tease!!!!  (can't access from work)  

Edit: this link is leading me nowhere!   CK!!!!!!!!   crybaby crybaby crybaby

Edit:  Ahhh I found it!!!  Dare I get my hopes up?!?!?!??!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/09/diablo-3-external-beta-coming-q3-2011/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:07:51 PM by rittchard » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »

huh, I change pages in Joystiq and it gives me that url no matter which page it is (the wrong generic Joystiq one that is).

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: