http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 10:22:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 1779 times)
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2005, 08:34:35 AM »

http://www.gametab.com/news/214394/

I so hope this turns out to be the case. D2 is my all time favorite game. The hours I spent on that game.... Pretty scary actually. It's 4½ years old, and not even Blizzard themselves can top it with WoW. Yeah, it's a MMORPG, but still...
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 02:58:22 PM »

Quote from: "DArtagnan"
http://www.gametab.com/news/214394/

It's 4½ years old, and not even Blizzard themselves can top it with WoW. Yeah, it's a MMORPG, but still...

says you. WoW is much better than D2. i think that game is pants. dungeon siege and sacred were better than D2. i even liked prince of qin more.  :shock: heh, i know that will get me flamed.
Big Jake
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 12:05:16 AM »

No it won't.  We'll just recognize that you are insane.

As for the news: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCK!!!! (if it is true.  Only five more years of waiting!)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:05:13 PM »

I'm with Weeskwee, WoW utterly blows D2 away.  That's not to say D2 wasn't a fun game for it's time, but it doesn't even hold a candle to WoW.

Here's hoping they will balance things a little better from the start in D3 and try some new ideas.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 03:56:59 PM »

If anybody says Dungeon Seige is better than Diablo 2, they need to put down the crack pipe  Tongue

But definitely, WoW > D2.  In fact, WoW > just about any game.  I do really like how they have incorporated certain fun elements of D2 into WoW, like being able to judge an item's worth by its color/classification, item sets, and even grabbing a few concepts from it, like Paladin blessings and auras, Druid shapechange, etc.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 04:17:04 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
If anybody says Dungeon Seige is better than Diablo 2, they need to put down the crack pipe  Tongue

But definitely, WoW > D2.  In fact, WoW > just about any game.  I do really like how they have incorporated certain fun elements of D2 into WoW, like being able to judge an item's worth by its color/classification, item sets, and even grabbing a few concepts from it, like Paladin blessings and auras, Druid shapechange, etc.

100% agree.  I don't think WoW would be anywhere near the game it is if Blizzard hadn't had the Diablo series to gather ideas from.  Those little ideas they carried over work really well.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 07:00:43 PM »

Great to hear about D3!

I love mmrpgs and I think WoW is one of the best ones out there but I still think Diablo is the better game.

The difference with Diablo is that even with a short sitting (~1hr) I get a good sense of accomplishment.  Not the case at higher level WoW.  Maybe it's time for mmrpgs to move to the next evolution cause I've been playing the same game since EQ1 albeit with some of the frustration removed.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 07:15:55 PM »

I'm very excited about the potential of a Diablo 3.

And Diablo/Diablo 2 are more fun than WoW in its current state, I'd say.

The notion that Dungeon Siege is anything but a screensaver is also 100% retarded.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 07:47:11 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
The notion that Dungeon Siege is anything but a screensaver is also 100% retarded.

Guess that makes me retarded.  I enjoyed DS quite a bit.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 07:48:22 PM »

Me too frown I really did like it...although I never could get back into it the second time around.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 07:51:43 PM »

Uh, my bad.  I thought DS was one of those games everyone mocks openly, like Daikatana.

When you were 'playing' DS, did you realize the only input you had on the game's outcome was how fast you clicked the potion button?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 02:16:35 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Uh, my bad.  I thought DS was one of those games everyone mocks openly, like Daikatana.

When you were 'playing' DS, did you realize the only input you had on the game's outcome was how fast you clicked the potion button?

As oppesed to Diablo where you alternated between attack and potion buttons?  :roll:

morlac00 on PSN
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 02:27:57 PM »

As oppesed to Diablo where you alternated between attack and potion buttons?

Yes, because D2's barbarian's and Amazons each had one and only one attack like in ds?

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 03:34:05 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
As oppesed to Diablo where you alternated between attack and potion buttons?

Yes, because D2's barbarian's and Amazons each had one and only one attack like in ds?

Pretty much.  At least my barb did.  Just specced him alot in sword mastery and some passive  stuff.  I only used 'special' attacks on boss monsters and then it was onlly one.  Fineshed the whole game that way...it was meh.

Of course in DS the 'melee' guys only really had one attack but the archers and 2 mage classes all had a variety of stuff to play with, espically with the expansion.

edit : but im retarted soo there is no use trying to debate with me.

morlac00 on PSN
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 09:17:24 PM »

I never said or indicated you were retarded.  I merely point out a fact that you confirmed in your own post: Diablo 2 had more than one mode of attack for the physical-oriented characters.  DS did not.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 09:28:55 PM »

Quote from: "morlac"
edit : but im retarted soo there is no use trying to debate with me.
I said the notion was retarded, not people who swing with it.

Seriously though.  Most characters in Diablo 2 had access to over 20 different methods of attack via skills.  I don't remember that in Dungeon Siege.  Combat was already said and done before I could figure out if I even had other abilites to use.

DS is a nice screensaver, don't get me wrong.  But a game?  I've seen more interactive programs coming out of a fourth grade CompSci class learning BASIC.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: