http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 02:45:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo 3 Speculation (and rumors)...  (Read 1426 times)
Clay
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2005, 06:49:16 PM »

I saw this over at Avault:

Diablo 3 and Burning Crusade Rumors

Reported by: Radu Nicolae

World of Warcraft Guru has obtained information from a reliable source (former Blizzard employee) that Blizzard Entertainment will be unveiling Diablo 3 at BlizzCon tomorrow. It is set to be a Massively Multiplayer Online Game much like World of Warcraft and there will be Guild Housing. The concept will be Hell invading Heaven, Darkness taking over Light. Their source also indicates that Starcraft 2 has been in development and Diablo is being developed for the Xbox 360 and not World of Warcraft according to earlier rumors.

About WoW: Burning Crusade:

I will say this in what I saw in the expansion when I was let into the secret development side (to move furniture out and make room for new designers) - They had one of those white boards where you draw ideas and stuff on ... Guess what - They have big plans for you to be able to do fighting while you are on your mount. I saw a couple drawings of MOB with mounts that you will be fighting ... the notes "70-75+" pop out as well as these will be in the Outlands, which is the new area in the expansion.

... and Diablo 3:

Last week they had a thing called "Show N Tell" which they have every 6 months to all the full time employees - Anyways Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell ... Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability ... Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it. They should have a gameplay demo to show at BlizzCon.

Read it all here:
http://www.wowguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9257

Please note that these are rumors, they may but also may not be true.

http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=10292005-4613

xbox live: nude rick james
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:52:49 PM »

:shock:

*waits*

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 08:01:23 PM »

Diablo 3 and Starcraft rumors were shot down today frown

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 08:08:55 PM »

You know, as long as there's a cool ongoing storyline, I'm almost, sorta, totally down for Diablo 3 as an MMORPG. Hell, Diablo II was basically designed as an MMORPG-lite anyway.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 08:11:52 PM »

Maybe, but it's still fun to speculate.  Diablo 3 could easily pull off some sort of Guild Wars-like instancing system.  In fact, it would make a lot of sense if they decided to go MMORPG with it.  However, there's no way they would make it without a single-player possibility.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 10:08:23 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Diablo 3 and Starcraft rumors were shot down today frown

Damnit I haven't read anything today, so I didn't know that. That effing sucks.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 02:18:20 PM »

Please, please, please...anything but an MMORPG.  I don't care if you turn Diablo in an RTS or FPS, just please don't make it an MMORPG.  Just keep using BattleNet for those who want to get their multiplayer fix, and make a game that those of us who loathe MMORPG's with every fiber of our being can play on our own.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 03:58:28 PM »

Unfortunately Gratch - unless all you singleplayer types shell out 12 bucks a month to the tune of 4 million of you... I think you may be fighting a losing battle.  Money talks, especially when it has over 40 million things to say per month.  That's alot of 'words', and they are speaking pretty loud.

LD    :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 04:22:36 PM »

Wouldn't a system like Guild Wars fit the bill, assuming you could solo the game?

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 06:32:44 PM »

Quote from: "Clay"
Wouldn't a system like Guild Wars fit the bill, assuming you could solo the game?

I think so.  People who loathe MMRPGs should really take a look at GW.  It's probably the only one that almost completely does away with grinding and auto-attack combat which are the major complaints about MMRPGs.  Now add some Blizzard style story and CGI sequences, make it more soloable and you got a great Diablo 3/GW style game.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 06:52:48 PM »

Yes, except the part where you have to keep paying every motnh to play, unlike Diablo 2.

Sadly, Lockdown is absolutely correct on this one.  And I loathe with every fiber of my being that some accounting guys managed to make a model of constant revenue stream and alot of gamers fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  It has permanently changed gaming...for the MUCH worse IMO.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 07:55:32 PM »

Granted, I havent played GW much, but IMO Diablo 2 > GW.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 08:37:23 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
Yes, except the part where you have to keep paying every motnh to play, unlike Diablo 2.

Sadly, Lockdown is absolutely correct on this one.  And I loathe with every fiber of my being that some accounting guys managed to make a model of constant revenue stream and alot of gamers fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  It has permanently changed gaming...for the MUCH worse IMO.

Back to GW again, it's done well without any monthly fees.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 08:43:52 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Granted, I havent played GW much, but IMO Diablo 2 > GW.

I agree with that but GW PvP > Diablo 2.

As I said, if they made Diablo 3 like GW with some improvements (story, solo, loot) then it could potentially be a really good game.  It's no coincidence though that GW has many of the Diablo gameplay elements since some of the developers worked for Blizzard.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 02:57:15 AM »

I wouldn't blame Blizzard for wanting battle.net players to cough up a little monthly dough. These aren't player/fan servers, these are free servers hosted by the developer that you only paid when you purchased the game. I think they've been pretty generous so far.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: