http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 02:40:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo 3 rumor  (Read 704 times)
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:01:38 PM »

There's been a lot of rumors lately that this game is being worked on.  Today I saw this on Evil Avatar:

http://www.evilavatar.com

A source is claiming that Blizzard North nearly completed D3 quite a while ago but it was decided that it wasn't good enough to meet Blizzard's standards.  Supposedly this lead to the shut down of Blizzard North (which happened last year) and the relocation of much of the team to SoCal to be closer to Blizzard's HQ while the game gets reworked.

Now, this would be completely unbelievable if it weren't Blizzard and we didn't know about the Warcraft Adventures saga.  Even then, the timeline seems off.  It seems to me that a D3 completed a few years ago would be so technically archaic now that a "rework" would have to be replaced by a "start-over".  I can't imagine this except Blizzard probably has a free hand right now because of WOW and the money it's bringing in so I can see Vivendi letting them do what they want with it.  But how does a game get that far along without anyone knowing?

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:09:53 PM »

Maybe Snowstorm has implanted electro shock probes in their employees so whenever one of them tries to say anything about Beelzebub 3.  It sounds like a plausible reason Snowstorm North was shut down.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 05:25:46 AM »

I'd be behind Blizzard if they took the Diablo world and made an MMO out of it. Got nothing against the genre, and I think an ongoing story involving the armies of heaven vs hell could be killer cool.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 06:51:41 AM »

Anger.. rising...

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 06:49:47 PM »

Gaming Steve's podcast really really seems to confirm this news, and he usually knows what he is talking about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: