http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:34:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: diablo 2 question - mods you might want to read this too  (Read 2168 times)
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 11:18:37 PM »

so if this is in violation of coc or gts good reputation please delete it stat

but heres the deal - i have a copy of d2 and my sister is in town for a few - i thought it might be fun to get in on some battlenet action with her as ive been playing and enjoying the game for the last couple weeks

so that means my copy is in use - i want to install it on her laptop as well and was hoping a cd key would let me do that - anyone have one that they arent using that i could put in for her install?

of course if d2 has a spawn option like d1 (that would let us onto battlenet simultaneously) or if the play cd has to be in the drive to play then let me know, because if 1 is the case were all set and if its 2, well then even with a cd key its not going to happen!

thanks
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:41:15 AM »

well this is topicall! I went into my local EB today and I saw a copy of the diablo battlechest.  Ooh that would be a good game for my Eee PC, I thought.  I pick it up and look at the price tag- $40. Forty fucking dollars!!! Has it always been that expensive or has EB jacked up the price since the E3 video was released?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »

hmm that kinda lessens the likelihood that id go out tomorrow and pick it up (ive been curious about the expansion anyway - well mildly its not like there isnt enough in just the regular game)

anyone at least know if i can run it without the cd after i install? (theres a "full install option but it might just be cinematics)
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 01:07:55 AM »

the latest patch allows you  to play without the cd
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 01:27:30 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 13, 2008, 12:41:15 AM

well this is topicall! I went into my local EB today and I saw a copy of the diablo battlechest.  Ooh that would be a good game for my Eee PC, I thought.  I pick it up and look at the price tag- $40. Forty fucking dollars!!! Has it always been that expensive or has EB jacked up the price since the E3 video was released?

Nope, I've seen it at Best Buy for $40 for a long time now. I was hoping it would go down sometime, but since the news of Diablo 3 from the Worldwide Invitational thing in Paris, I seriously doubt it. It was in the top 5 for Amazon right after the D3 anouncement too. :o
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »

If I recall the newest D2 patch includes a NOCD in it so if you patch up you dont need the cd in to play.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

Saw this deal on http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=860572&highlight=diablonet

You can buy D2 and LOD CD KEYS for $5.45 here  http://www.g2buy.com/index.php?gOo=goods_search_list.dwt&gcat=1903

When they email you the code and you register it on blizzard accounts Blizzard gives you a new 26 character CD Key you need to enter. If you enter the 15 character one this site gave you it will fail. You can see your game key by logging in to your blizzard account clicking on games and then clicking on view key for whichever game you are installing
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 03:47:29 PM »

I doubt you'll be able to play on battle.net with the same key. You probably should be able to play over a local network though, which is pretty much just as good.
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 02:44:57 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 13, 2008, 12:41:15 AM

I was shopping at an EB recently and heard someone asking the employees for a copy of Diablo II.  They advised the customer that since Diablo III was announced, they haven't been able to keep their copies of Diablo II/Battlechest in stock for any length of time.  Doesn't sound like the price will be dropping anytime soon. 

Amazing that so many PC games drop in price after 8 weeks while Diablo II is still going strong after 8 years.

16-bit and loving it!
da Toad
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 06:29:48 AM »

LAN play works just fine with 1 CD key. If you need a remote connection you could try something like Hamachi to emulate a LAN over the net (haven't tried this).
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 06:39:32 AM »

as much fun as ive been having over bnet it sounds like if we want to get in on d2 it might have to be through lan frown new character - and i was just starting to get my sorc up and running

thanks for the lan emulator but im all set - her laptop has no prob jumping on my local
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on August 14, 2008, 06:39:32 AM

her laptop has no prob jumping on my local

That sounds dirty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: