http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 12:29:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devil May Cry 4 on 360!  (Read 2131 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »

According to a rumor on Neogaf, DMC4 will be getting a simultaneous on PS3 and 360.

It wouldn't be terribly surprising, since Capcom has been supporting the 360 pretty heavily.  Still, if it's true, oh my.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 03:48:52 AM by Chaz » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:59:37 AM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158088

It's true and I'm not shocked at all.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 03:05:37 AM »

It's also coming to the PC.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 03:43:20 AM »

This is actually one less reason for me to want to buy a PS3 at this price point.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:48:12 AM »

I'm honestly surprised; this is one franchise I expected Sony would be begging Capcom to keep exclusive.

Though it falls in with what I expect: there will be fewer and fewer system exclusives to any system aside from 1st & 2nd party efforts as time goes on. Time-limited exclusives may continue to be fashionable for a while, though.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 03:57:36 AM »

PC?  Really?  Why?

gellar
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:16:21 AM »

I'm shocked because I just knew Sony would do everything possible to keep that only on the PS3, or at least time limited on the PS3.  Simultaneous is huge.  This also reinforces my descision to hold off on a PS3.  Right now there really isn't a reason to do it.  With DMC, GTA, Assasins Creed and other games being multi platform, I just don't see a reason till a Final Fantasy game or some other RPG hits.  Right now I think these games have to be multiplatform if they are getting get any sort of numbers.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:17:04 AM »

They have previously put Devil May Cry 3 and the Onimusha games onto the PC (although usually late) so no big surprise there.  I hope this one turns out to be really good, and I'm glad that I'll get the option to try it on my 360 (because I'm sure I won't be able to afford another system this year).  

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:02:01 AM »

I've never been sure why there was so much hype about keeping this exclusive.  The franchise really isn't that popular and I doubt Sony would have moved too many PS3s just on the basis of the game.  Which isn't a complaint about the Devil May Cry series itself, just that it doesn't deserve the system seller/killer app status that so many Sony diehards have labeled it with. 
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:57:36 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 20, 2007, 05:02:01 AM

I've never been sure why there was so much hype about keeping this exclusive.  The franchise really isn't that popular and I doubt Sony would have moved too many PS3s just on the basis of the game.  Which isn't a complaint about the Devil May Cry series itself, just that it doesn't deserve the system seller/killer app status that so many Sony diehards have labeled it with. 

I think it's as much of a system seller as Ninja Gaiden is/would be.  they're the exact same type of game.  both of them aren't quite on the level of a Halo or Final Fantasy, but they're pretty up there IMO.  I know DMC4 would definitely have made me buy a PS3 (I don't have one yet)

now, I won't get a PS3 until:  Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, or God of War 3
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 06:14:08 AM »

the capcom/360 love affair continues

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:27:12 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on March 20, 2007, 05:57:36 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 20, 2007, 05:02:01 AM

I think it's as much of a system seller as Ninja Gaiden is/would be.  they're the exact same type of game.  both of them aren't quite on the level of a Halo or Final Fantasy, but they're pretty up there IMO.  I know DMC4 would definitely have made me buy a PS3 (I don't have one yet)

now, I won't get a PS3 until:  Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, or God of War 3

I don't think Ninja Gaiden is a system seller either.  It did less than  million in the US. 

Basically, any game that sells less than a million (and Devil May Cry doesn't do that either) just ain't a system seller.  Now, it doesn't mean that it doesn't sell a system *for some people* but there are probably people who bought a PS2 for Disgaea and that certainly doesn't qualify either.  DMC has a very vocal, very hardcore fanbase but it just isn't that large.

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:56:38 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 20, 2007, 06:27:12 AM

I don't think Ninja Gaiden is a system seller either.  It did less than  million in the US. 

Basically, any game that sells less than a million (and Devil May Cry doesn't do that either) just ain't a system seller.  Now, it doesn't mean that it doesn't sell a system *for some people* but there are probably people who bought a PS2 for Disgaea and that certainly doesn't qualify either.  DMC has a very vocal, very hardcore fanbase but it just isn't that large.

I don't really agree with your Ninja Gaiden opinion, but maybe we just have a different definition of the term system seller.  I don't really base it just on one strict, cold number...my perception of it is a game that generates positive buzz about the console for someone, even if they don't end up buying the game.  and to me, Ninja Gaiden did exactly just that for the xbox1.  everybody heard about the incredible graphics and presentation it had, and therefore what the xbox1 was capable of.  but a lot of people didn't buy it because of its perceived difficulty...bunch of wusses, cause it really wasn't that hard =P

I love the God of Wars, but they are really just too easy on default, compared to NG and DMC3.  that's why I still personally think those two are better games than GoW/GoW2

back to NG though...what other game generated such positive general thoughts and hype about the xbox1 hardware, other than the Halos?  nothing else really (I'm not listing DoA3 cause it's by the same dev team of course).  other than maybe Knights of the Old Republic
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:05:58 AM by KePoW » Logged
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 07:10:20 AM »

the PC versions are done by Capcom's Taiwan-ese or Hong Kong studio (forgot which), and are pretty bare-bones/minimal ports.  just enough effort is put into them so they run on fairly high-end Windows rigs without toooo many problems, and retail for $19.99 USD.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 02:59:37 AM

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158088

It's true and I'm not shocked at all.

Not shocked either-Capcom has clearly been migrating at least some support to the 360 and after fairly good sales of their last couple titles sees this wisdom of a multi-platform release. I don't really see a negative in this.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »

Apparently Ace Combat 6 is on 360 as well according to this thread: link

And I found a picture I liked at QT3:

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »

I guess this is good news, but personally I can't stand the DMC games.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »

Now all I need to see is Konami announcing MGS4 for the damn thing and I'll never need a PS3.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 12:31:13 PM »

Quote from: warning on March 20, 2007, 11:56:08 AM

That list will never be complete though, cause Gran Turismo is owned by Sony.  Tongue

Oh and it looks like they left off a bunch of 1st party Sony stuff....God of War 3? Ratchet and Clank? heh.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:32:52 PM by Hetz » Logged

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »

There are like two games on that list plus Ratchet and and the new game from Naughty Dog I want right now. Perpahs getting the PS3 was premature.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on March 20, 2007, 06:56:38 AM

back to NG though...what other game generated such positive general thoughts and hype about the xbox1 hardware, other than the Halos?  nothing else really (I'm not listing DoA3 cause it's by the same dev team of course).  other than maybe Knights of the Old Republic

Hype is one thing and NG had a lot of it and there is no doubt that it's a technical masterpiece.  It's also quite beoved by it's hardcore fanbase.  But it wasn't a big seller and Xbox sales didn't noticeably spike the month is was released either so I just don't think it merits anything close to system seller status.   And considering the poor word of mouth the first game garnered thanks to it's insane difficulty, Ninjja Gaiden 2 could have quite a steep hill to climb if people feel like they were burned once and aren't willing to resample.

And it may be debatable whether God of War is a better game, but it has far more market strength than NG or DMC. 

As for the rest of the Xbox lineup, the sad truth is that there really weren't many blockbusters at all and MS came into this generation with a lack of strong brands to build from outside of Halo.  But they seem to be doing a pretty good job so far and if this year's lineup pans out in the quality department they'll have a much, much stronger exclusive base than they ever had before. 
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 02:23:34 PM »

Not a game.  But I would mention Xbox Live being the Xbox 1's killer app.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 02:25:56 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 20, 2007, 02:23:34 PM

Not a game.  But I would mention Xbox Live being the Xbox 1's killer app.

Totally agree with that.  MS's two strongest assets coming into this gen were Halo and Live. 
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »

W00t! This is exciting news to me.

Now I have a reason to play through 2 (maybe) and 3 on the PS2. If the story continues on 360, I'm there.

DMC1 was a masterpiece.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 20, 2007, 02:04:43 PM

And it may be debatable whether God of War is a better game, but it has far more market strength than NG or DMC. 

yeah, I certainly agree with that.  too bad it'll never go multi-platform, so I'll have to get a PS3 at some point =P
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 03:37:48 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on March 20, 2007, 03:34:12 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 20, 2007, 02:04:43 PM

yeah, I certainly agree with that.  too bad it'll never go multi-platform, so I'll have to get a PS3 at some point =P

And Final Fantasy, buddie.  YOU KNOW YOU'RE ITCHIN FOR IT.

gellar
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 03:39:07 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 20, 2007, 02:56:41 PM

W00t! This is exciting news to me.

Now I have a reason to play through 2 (maybe) and 3 on the PS2. If the story continues on 360, I'm there.

DMC1 was a masterpiece.

if you loved DMC1, then you should definitely play DMC3 sometime when you get a chance.  it's brilliant IMO, and it has the deepest and best pure combat system out of the 'holy trinity':  NG, GoW1/GoW2, DMC1/DMC3

as mentioned in another DMC thread recently, do yourself a favor and don't both with DMC2.  ebay it, sell it, or burn it
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 06:07:55 PM »

Quote from: warning on March 20, 2007, 11:56:08 AM

yeah but gran turismo 4 sucked balls IMO...i'll stick to Forza or even PGR...but yeah on FF13 and MGS4

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »

icon_lol   That picture is hilarious.  Thumbs up for this news.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on March 20, 2007, 07:01:05 PM

Yes, hilarious in it's absurdity. There are a bunch more games than that coming to the PS3 that the 360 will never have.

So yes, Xbox Fanboys can squeal like little school girls that Devil May Cry 4 will be out on the 360. Some people are acting like it's exclusive to the 360 or something the way they are (over)reacting. It's still coming to the PS3 and PC as well, ya know...this isn't that big a deal btw outside of the 360 fanboy circle jerk crowd.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 08:07:04 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 08:02:10 PM

Yes, hilarious in it's absurdity. There are a bunch more games than that coming to the PS3 that the 360 will never have.

So yes, Xbox Fanboys can squeal like little school girls that Devil May Cry 4 will be out on the 360. Some people are acting like it's exclusive to the 360 or something the way they are (over)reacting. It's still coming to the PS3 and PC as well, ya know...this isn't that big a deal btw outside of the 360 fanboy circle jerk crowd.

Talk about overreacting... look in a mirror...

Just like the 360 will have games the PS3 will never have. 

The fact of the matter is, that less 3rd party exclusives makes it much easier for people to decide on a system.  I am personally not a fan of many of the 1st party Sony titles, so this type of news (if DMC was my type of game, which it isn't) makes it easier for me to hold of on buying a PS3 which in the long run can save me money. 

Why is it such a bad thing for 360 owners to be happy that a title is no longer exclusive to a system they may not own.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 08:12:40 PM »

Wow, this is huge for MS. The DMC series may not be huge system sellers, but it is most definately one of the games people were anticipating on the PS3.

Your the only one overreacting in this thread bud...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:17:25 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 20, 2007, 08:07:04 PM

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 08:02:10 PM

Just like the 360 will have games the PS3 will never have. 

Yes, I know. I don't see goofy lists being made with the 360 3rd party exclusives though....maybe cause there are not many to begin with?

Lets see....there is:

Bioshock (95% going to go to the PS3, just like DMC4 was rumored to be going to the 360)
Gears of War (is this a 3rd party game? I get conflicting answers to that....I guess we will call it 2nd party)
Mass Effect

What else????

Bioware is working on an exclusive PS3 game...so that sort of cancels out Mass Effect...especially if it is KOTOR 3, which is rumored.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 20, 2007, 08:12:40 PM

Wow, this is huge for MS.

No, Final Fantasy XIII would be huge. This, not so much. Practically everyone thought it would with Capcom being so close to MS now anyway.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »

Gears of War 1 is exclusive to Microsoft.  They have first rights of refusal to a sequel (which they obviously going to exercise), so that makes Gears 2 exclusive as well. 
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 08:15:00 PM

Quote from: Ridah on March 20, 2007, 08:12:40 PM

Wow, this is huge for MS.

No, Final Fantasy XIII would be huge. This, not so much. Practically everyone thought it would with Capcom being so close to MS now anyway.

No, FF12 would be devastating. DMC is just huge.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 08:13:50 PM

Bioware is working on an exclusive PS3 game...so that sort of cancels out Mass Effect...especially if it is KOTOR 3, which is rumored.

LOL at an unannounced, rumored, "maybe" PS3 exclusive canceling out Mass Effect.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 08:31:26 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 20, 2007, 08:24:59 PM

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 08:13:50 PM

LOL at an unannounced, rumored, "maybe" PS3 exclusive canceling out Mass Effect.

There is nothing "maybe" about it. They are working on an exclusive. Exactly what it is....well that is a rumor.

Oh and do you honestly think that Mass Effect is going to be a huge seller?  icon_lol  I mean, I think it looks awesome...but come on.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 08:40:31 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on March 20, 2007, 08:31:26 PM

There is nothing "maybe" about it. They are working on an exclusive. Exactly what it is....well that is a rumor.

Oh and do you honestly think that Mass Effect is going to be a huge seller?  icon_lol  I mean, I think it looks awesome...but come on.

It could be a downloadable game for all we know. My point is it is way too early to say that would cancel out Mass Effect.

Will Mass Effect be a huge seller?  I don't know.  But I'm not sure how big of a seller any  PS3 game could be right now or for the immediate future given the tiny install base the PS3 is looking to have in relation to the 360. 

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on March 20, 2007, 08:20:31 PM

FF12 would be devastating. DMC is just huge.

Agreed.  But this is just the continuation of the trend we're seeing in general towards fewer and fewer exclusives.  With the 360 having a formidable install base and continuing to sell very well and the Wii's pact-with-the-devil sales, it's no surprise that more companies are shifting to multiplatform.

I don't think it's going too far out on a limb to predict that Mass Effect is going to sell to the same crowd that made Oblivion a top seller on the 360.  And Oblivion sold like hot cakes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: