http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 04:43:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devil's Right : PSP pwnz DS.  (Read 1502 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:44:28 PM »

I found Devil's webcast. slywink

But Nintendo IS making money... with their GigaFlops.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:11:22 PM »

Oh my lord, this is painful on so many levels.  I think I'll feel better if someone tells me that he's not serious.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 03:20:37 PM »

I think it's true, cuz, you know, he heard it on the radio.
Look it up, people.
Look it up on GOOGLE. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »

Look it up folks!

That's just really painful to watch.  It's almost as bad as the Star Wars kid.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 05:43:02 PM »

Has to be fake.  That guy doesnt even know what he is saying... $300!

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 05:50:28 PM »

"It's got two screens, who cares?"

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 06:59:49 PM »

"PSP stands for Playstation Portable.  What does DS stand for?  I don't know."  

smile  He should look it up.

He's just bitter because his mom said he couldn't have one until he cleans his room.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 10:55:03 PM »

I'd be pretty sure that guy is kidding, but I was present at a local GameSpot when a customer walked in and started challenging the staff to explain why anyone would want an X-Box 360 for $400 when they could just wait and get the incredible PS3 for $600.  He complained that the 360 is "nothing but an X-Box with slightly better graphics," while crowing that the PS3 is really going to blow everyone away with its *real* high-definition support.  When one of the clerks asked him to name all of the PS3 games he was planning to buy, the customer fumbled before proudly announcing that he knew tons of great games were on the way while the 360 only has "more of the same."

If I hadn't been there myself, I never would have believed someone could sincerely hold such a self-contradictory and ill-informed position.  I can understand why someone would be excited for the PS3 and I can also understand why a lot of people are concerned about its high price and lackluster showing at E3.  The part I don't get is why someone would feel the need to tear down a different system that, in these cases, they clearly don't even own.  Never unestimate the stupidity of the common fanboy, I guess....

-Autistic Angel
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:08:57 AM »

Not me, but he's 100% correct with everything he said!!  :wink:

Stupid DS!!  Tongue

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 02:35:50 AM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
He complained that the 360 is "nothing but an X-Box with slightly better graphics," while crowing that the PS3 is really going to blow everyone away with its *real* high-definition support.

I've actually been in a store when the sales lump said something similar to a potential 360 buyer.  Why buy a 360 when you can buy these fantastic pre-owned PS2 games?  If you buy the discount card you save 10%.  I wonder if the lump would have jumped the counter and killed the hapless customer had he inquired about the Wii.

Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 03:19:08 AM »

Some weeks ago (long before E3) this guy is in the store with his kid and starts asking about the PS3. How is it going to be, he wants to know. I tell him we really don't know just yet but that it will probably be on par with 360. But are the games on PS3 going to be better, asks the kid. I repeat that we don't know because there are no PS3 games yet (only some lousy screens and FMV stuff, no real footage...especially back when this happpened).

Said guy left me stunned when he turned to his kid and proclaimed that I obviously had no idea what I was talking about.

Whatever.

It's surprising how many people seem to have finally caved in on buying a 360 after hearing what the price on the PS3 was going to be. Not hordes, mind you, but more than I expected.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

I forgot how much I don't miss the "everybody's a freaking video game genius" attitude that permeates the customer types that come into video game stores.

My example was post Gamecube Launch, a kid and his mom walk in and the kid is more a teen, and he starts asking about the nintendo Dolphin, I explain that was the codename for the Cube and that Nintendo launched it over a year ago. Needless to say the kid doesn't believe me, and the mom proceeds to tell me that her child is a genius and I don't know anything about videogames. What can you do? I laughed at the lady and the kid and said goodluck on finding that dolphin.

You just want to make those folks eat crow sometimes. It's why I like my current job so much, my customers actually appreciate my knowledge and use me as a resource to help their business.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 01:34:37 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
It's why I like my current job so much, my customers actually appreciate my knowledge and use me as a resource

Most of mine do too, and I find it quite gratifying. It makes the ones that don't stand out that much more sometimes.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
I found Devil's webcast. slywink

Oh where do I even START!?!

Tongue

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 03:46:21 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"

It's surprising how many people seem to have finally caved in on buying a 360 after hearing what the price on the PS3 was going to be. Not hordes, mind you, but more than I expected.

I'll be one of those people at some point this year.

PSN ID: EduardoX
warning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »

Quote from: "Eduardo X"
Quote from: "Misguided"

I'll be one of those people at some point this year.

Yup.  Same here though maybe not in 06 but definitely in 07.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 12:01:50 AM »

Fanboyism is like a disease... I hired a friend of mine to work as a sales associate at my store and its incredible how biased he is in his opinion of the 360 and the PS3. He absolutely shuns the 360, he calls himself a " PS Guy". He has his own solid points: PS3 will have MGS4 and FF13, and I tell him I'm personally looking forward to more 360 titles at this point because most of them are original titles and not just another sequel. He loves to completely close his mind to the fact the there are original and very promising 360 titles by saying its just more of the same and don't really stand out. Kinda contradictory when his two examples of why he wants a PS3 is two sequels. What surprises me is that he's otherwise a very open-minded person... except when it comes to video games. That's why I call it a disease  :?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=902109023681812200&q=ds

Maybe someone started another thread, but there you go.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 09:09:58 PM »

John Kerry would be proud.

Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 10:14:04 PM »

Wow, that was really funny. I was chuckling the entire time. Quality entertainment, I tell ya!

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 01:42:05 AM »

Here's his website incase you didn't see it on the google page. I guess he's trying to be funny, or something, with the shows he makes. I'd imagine this is an attempt at viral marketing. People get mad, go to his site, watch a few of his other shows, suddenly like him.

I did like the part in his PSP sucks video where he almost started laughing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: