http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 04:28:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Second Playthrough 22 months after first!  (Read 754 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:09:15 AM »

As I mentioned in the Weekend Playlist, I've decided to play DX:HR once again, 22 months after my one and only play through. Only this time I'm going to do it differently. I'm not going to augment my hacking skills at all, sticking to the given level one hacking skill which might open a simple bike lock on a good day disgust. I'll see if the fabled "multiple approaches to solving the problems" in DX:HR really holds true.

I've done the first away mission at the factory. Sadly, I failed to rescue the hostages crybaby. Now I'm wandering around Detroit looking for trouble. Or maybe it's looking for me. ninja

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:30:22 PM »

I did a similar thing - I went through the game with only the augments they force on you.  It's SO much harder, but it's certainly achievable. I think there is even an achievement for it too...

I'm going to pick up the Director's Cut when that comes out for my next run.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:50:40 PM »

I started to do another run through, then they announced the Director's Cut was coming to the PC, so I'm gonna wait a bit now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 08:09:15 PM »

Yep, I'm waiting as well.

Where the heck is the sequel?!
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »

This is one of those games that I picked up during a Steam sale that I really need/want to play.  Without knowing too much about the details of the game mechanics, I was planning on going with a combat heavy development, so I could experience the story and not have to worry too much about survivability.  I'm not sure if that's possible, but that's my plan!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:07:04 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 08, 2013, 08:09:15 PM

Yep, I'm waiting as well.

Where the heck is the sequel?!

well, there is the mobile game The Fall biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »

*tasers Ceekay and leaves him in a crate*

Interestingly, Deus Ex is a game that epitomizes the limitations of this generation of consoles, to me. Knowing what I know now about game design, I'm seeing so many of the things they had to cut to fit on consoles. The nearly complete lack of dynamic shadows, for instance. I think they put the pee filter on everything just to cover that up.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 02:39:44 AM »

I've finished the missions in Detroit that revolved around the police station. On my first playthrough I had to sneak into and out of it; this time I came in the front door and had the run of the place. Still had to knock a couple of guys unconscious but so far, not a single kill needed. Too bad, since I'm armed to the teeth. slywink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: