http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 07:25:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Demon's Souls PS3 US version  (Read 44870 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 24, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 24, 2010, 06:23:40 PM

Standing outside Flamelurker right now, but in soul form. My first time getting here.

Can I use Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to get into body form without warping back to Nexus?

THANKS!

Damn, almost had him.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 24, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 24, 2010, 06:23:40 PM

Can I use Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to get into body form without warping back to Nexus?

Yes.

So far I haven't seen any downside to being in body form. Problem is that it's so easy to die it seems like kind of a waste.

Question: there's nothing truly spectacular about it, but it's somehow spectacular. How is this possible?

Also, WTF is up with the corpse physics?   nod
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 24, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »

Finally got him! Sooooo much easier with a blue phantom helping, the Flamelurker's attention is only turned to one person...

Now to complete World 2 biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 24, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »

Someone definitely forgot to add some weight to the dead bodies, when I kill something I drag it between my feet for 25 yards each time.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 25, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 24, 2010, 10:06:46 PM

So far I haven't seen any downside to being in body form. Problem is that it's so easy to die it seems like kind of a waste.
Downside is that you do less damage.  Also, when you die outside the nexus in body form, you move that world's tendency towards black.  This can make it difficult to achieve white world tendency in that playthrough.  Further, the blacker the world tendency, the less powerful (and healthy) your character is and the stronger the enemies are.  Of course, the upside of this is that the drops are better.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 25, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »

So I was in 2-3 me thinks wondering around trying to get back to the hot lava area with patches and as I was going down a tunnel...two guys in red- they looked like spirits in game, only red instead of white- came up the way and started to attack me.  I freaked out and thought I had been invaded somehow so I fled like crazy as I was on my way back to retrieve 12k souls in my corpse.

I lost them and haven't seen anything like that again.

Thoughts?

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 25, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 25, 2010, 03:13:44 PM

So I was in 2-3 me thinks wondering around trying to get back to the hot lava area with patches and as I was going down a tunnel...two guys in red- they looked like spirits in game, only red instead of white- came up the way and started to attack me.  I freaked out and thought I had been invaded somehow so I fled like crazy as I was on my way back to retrieve 12k souls in my corpse.

Thoughts?

there are some in-game black phantoms: if i remember right, those 2 are barbarians...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 25, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on January 25, 2010, 03:49:39 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 25, 2010, 03:13:44 PM

Thoughts?

there are some in-game black phantoms: if i remember right, those 2 are barbarians...

You are right (Rainman!). Should I have fought them or shoudl I assume they are insanely powerful and I would have gotten whacked?

Will they reappear?
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 25, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 25, 2010, 04:44:35 PM

You are right (Rainman!). Should I have fought them or shoudl I assume they are insanely powerful and I would have gotten whacked?

Will they reappear?

i found them easy to outmaneuver (try to pull one away from the other, if you can, & take'm on one at a time). & they'll be there until you kill them...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 28, 2010, 03:55:01 AM »

Is there an easy way to determine which weapons reduce your mobility?

I found a sword that starts with a U unginata or something and it does great damage unmodded so I boosted it up one level.

Now I roll like a rock with an anchor attached to it. It's burden is 5.0. Just 2.0 more than my spear.  Help?

Also, as you get stronger does the enemie's perception range increase on you? Also, does the range that you can lock on decrease?  Seems like I can't lock as far away and they can see me sooner...
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: January 28, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 28, 2010, 03:55:01 AM

I found a sword that starts with a U unginata or something and it does great damage unmodded so I boosted it up one level.

Now I roll like a rock with an anchor attached to it. It's burden is 5.0. Just 2.0 more than my spear.  Help?

I'm guessing you broke your weight limit. If memory serves, you can hold up to 50% of your max capacity before you lose your ability to roll well. What weapon you have doesn't mean anything - it's all about the weight.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 28, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 28, 2010, 04:57:36 AM

I'm guessing you broke your weight limit. If memory serves, you can hold up to 50% of your max capacity before you lose your ability to roll well. What weapon you have doesn't mean anything - it's all about the weight.

Actually, I'm guessing you're wrong.  If I switch to the falchion I roll just fine.  If I switch back to the umbigata or whatever I roll like a fat man up an incline.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 28, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »

Also, I am really liking world 4. Nice variation of enemies from the other levels that I've seen. Like battling the rolling skeletons.  I cheesed the Vandguard battle by flaming him outside his perception range.  Got to the part where the first boss was, but had almost 40K souls saved up so I evac'd out.

Just discovered how secret doors work. Figured that if there was a doorway with bricks that I needed to have the right tendency for them to open...Oh well. Should have read that part of the wiki sooner.

Have the arbiter's shield and the regen ring...but I'm not sure using slots on them is worth it as the healing rate is so slow...

Still enjoying! Already want to go back through as a pure melee character...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:01:05 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 28, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

Also, as you get stronger does the enemie's perception range increase on you? Also, does the range that you can lock on decrease?  Seems like I can't lock as far away and they can see me sooner...

1) if your 'equip' weight (everything you're carrying, weapons included) is over half your 'carry' weight, you lose your mobility (your 'carry' weight is shown on either the status or equip menu page, can't remember which). so, yeah, a single weapon switch can put you over. put some points into endurance to increase your 'equip' weight...

2) no, & no - only thing i can think is you've maybe removed the thief ring? (& that still wouldn't effect lock-on)...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 31, 2010, 04:42:26 AM »

Finished world 2! Really neat boss battle in 2-3!

I wish I could play this game when it was dark outside biggrin I'm a pretty big wuss normally for scary-ish type stuff, but I'm now living in a house by myself in the middle of the country, sooooooo, yeah. I leave for work in the dark and come back in the dark, so it's pretty much just weekend time for me.

And it's not like Demon's Souls is a scary game, but I mean, there's random moaning/sounds, the atmosphere is just dreary and gloomy; they did a great job in that department.

Will tackle 4-1 tomorrow (f'n rolling skeletons)!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 31, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 31, 2010, 04:42:26 AM

I wish I could play this game when it was dark outside biggrin I'm a pretty big wuss normally for scary-ish type stuff, but I'm now living in a house by myself in the middle of the country, sooooooo, yeah. I leave for work in the dark and come back in the dark, so it's pretty much just weekend time for me.

And it's not like Demon's Souls is a scary game, but I mean, there's random moaning/sounds, the atmosphere is just dreary and gloomy; they did a great job in that department.

3-1 is a scary freaking board, imho.  And the Swamp in 5 is just creepy.  Great, great level design in this game!

Will tackle 4-1 tomorrow (f'n rolling skeletons)!

You mean the farming level!  Bring a shield and a blunt weapon, and go make some souls (and then a good bow for 4-2...).
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 01, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »

Gah, got all the way to the red-eyed skelly in front of the final boss. ARGH!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:33 AM »

Mission accomplished!!

Man, if you couldn't summon blue phantoms...there's just something re-assuring bringing in someone who knows what they're doing biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 01, 2010, 02:04:39 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on February 01, 2010, 01:47:33 AM

Mission accomplished!!

Man, if you couldn't summon blue phantoms...there's just something re-assuring bringing in someone who knows what they're doing biggrin

i know that's why i got married smile ...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 01, 2010, 06:16:06 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on February 01, 2010, 02:04:39 AM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on February 01, 2010, 01:47:33 AM

Mission accomplished!!

i know that's why i got married smile ...

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 02, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »

I haven't played this in a couple days. I had gotten to the fog of the first real boss on 4-1 and then went to cash in some souls. Haven't fired it up since.

Quote from: TML

Congrats! I tried that fight once and gave up. I had no ranged weaponry and my spells did nothing against it...
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 02, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »

Almost done with my second new game+.   It's been extremely enjoyable going through knowing how to get things done, to acquire items and crafting stones and  which weapons and items go best with the character concept I've chosen.  I'm going to run with this character for a while then might go back at some point and make a brute force based character to see the challenges from a different perspective.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 02, 2010, 01:13:29 PM

I haven't played this in a couple days. I had gotten to the fog of the first real boss on 4-1 and then went to cash in some souls. Haven't fired it up since.

Quote from: TML

Congrats! I tried that fight once and gave up. I had no ranged weaponry and my spells did nothing against it...

You don't need either for 2-3.  Use the giant harpoon guns.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 02, 2010, 06:02:57 PM »

There are giant harpoon guns?

My situational awareness in the room dropped like a stone as soon as I saw this giant dragon monster take over 9/10s of my screen and shake the very ground around me.

Guess I'll need to go back and check it out.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 02, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 02, 2010, 06:02:57 PM

There are giant harpoon guns?

My situational awareness in the room dropped like a stone as soon as I saw this giant dragon monster take over 9/10s of my screen and shake the very ground around me.

Guess I'll need to go back and check it out.

Quote from: semiconscious on January 23, 2010, 07:35:28 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on January 23, 2010, 06:13:37 PM

Also, Dragon God. Whatever.

he only attacks if he can see you:

Spoiler for Hiden:
clear a path to the right of where you enter, hiding behind pillars as you go...

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 02, 2010, 06:42:29 PM »

I didn't read the spoiler....cause I didn't want to be spoilered smile slywink
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 02, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 02, 2010, 06:42:29 PM

actually, that's a damn good reason smile ...

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 02, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on February 02, 2010, 07:30:58 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 02, 2010, 06:42:29 PM

actually, that's a damn good reason smile ...

Oh, yeah?  Well I DID read it, so there!

Having a poor memory is usually a curse, but it sure is a blessing for Spoilers... dunno when I'll get to DS, but even if it was today - I'd still be starting fresh!   Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 03, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »

Wow, I really love this game.  I'm closing in on finishing newgame+ with my 2nd character and it's still a blast to play.  This is the first game I've bought as an import.  Trusting Dante and Semi really paid off for me this time -- keep up the good recommendation work fellas.

Sensuous/ATB, I highly recommend trying out 2-3.  It's a unique boss "battle", more about stealth and puzzle solving than combat. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 03, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »

I will get back to it. I'm coming of 30 days of no MW2 so I'm playing that a little and I made the mistake of opening Mass Effect 2....so distractions distractions.

I hope to give it a little time tonight and at least work my way back to dragon god. I'd also like to kill those two red phantoms previously discussed.
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #950 on: February 08, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »

I love how this game kicks my ass, but still rocks...

Finished world 2, only got the last boss of world 1 to go...all other 3 worlds are intact (tackling Tower of Laria...gonna kill me some Mindflayer cousins...).

Also, anyone have a decent-ish list of where I can get X or Y types of stones for upgrading weapons?, seems I have to upgrade my weapons to +7 to use the demon boss souls for mega upgrades, true or false?

Fun times!

smile

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 08, 2010, 01:27:24 AM »

Quote from: MrDuck on February 08, 2010, 12:36:00 AM

Also, anyone have a decent-ish list of where I can get X or Y types of stones for upgrading weapons?, seems I have to upgrade my weapons to +7 to use the demon boss souls for mega upgrades, true or false?

wiki stone farming page...

demon's souls: hard to get into, hard to get out of smile ...

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 10, 2010, 01:50:07 AM »

The next time I keep talking myself out of buying a game because I don't think I'll enjoy it, I'm going to listen to myself.  I'm glad other people are enjoying it, but I found Demon's Souls to be absolutely terrible.  I don't mind hard games if there's a payoff, but playing DS is like slogging through the sewer to get to the septic tank at the end.

Attempting to fight the Tower Knight was what finally killed the game for me.  After several tries, I was able to make it through 1-2 mostly unscathed, and easily took down the archers and two blue knights near the end.  I get to the Tower Knight, and before I can even tell what's going on, I'm dead.  I make my way back, figure out what I need to do, but die again.  On my third try, I finally start fighting the Tower Knight, only to have the fight completely ruined by the camera.  It jerks around wildly, gets stuck, moves the view behind the wall so all I can see for a few seconds is a black screen, etc.  Bosses with one-hit kills and a terrible camera do not mix, and I decide I've had enough.  The prospect of fighting through the same area for the tenth (or more) time, only to be bested by the camera is not my idea of fun.  Goodbye, Demon's Souls - wish I'd never heard of you  icon_frown

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 10, 2010, 02:04:57 AM »

While I enjoyed the time I spent with DS, I can completely understand your feelings toward the game.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:57 AM »

I've never quit any game after three failed attempts at fighting something.  For that matter, I've never quit a game because of a battle.  I'm one stubborn mofo. slywink

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 10, 2010, 03:56:53 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 10, 2010, 02:12:57 AM

I've never quit any game after three failed attempts at fighting something.  For that matter, I've never quit a game because of a battle.  I'm one stubborn mofo. slywink

One of the reasons I quit is because I'm the same way.  In the past, I've spent over 6 hours trying to finish a single one-minute long level in Super Monkey Ball and the better part of a day on one level in Lode Runner.  The longer I put into a game, the less likely I will be to quit, since I won't want all that time to have been wasted.  I put around 12 hours into DS, waiting for it to "click", and I just kept enjoying it less and less.  Even now, I'm thinking about going back, even with all the frustration.  I'm trying to be strong, though slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 10, 2010, 05:02:03 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on February 10, 2010, 01:50:07 AM

I don't mind hard games if there's a payoff, but playing DS is like slogging through the sewer to get to the septic tank at the end.

well, yeah - but such a cool septic tank smile ...

i eventually realized that fixating on a particular boss was unproductive, frustrating, & pointless - there were always other places to go, goodies to find, & souls to be gotten. the game's really more about building your character up, & getting your skills down, than anything else, &, once you get in that kinda mindset, the game world becomes less intimidating, & the bosses become a lot more doable...

but boletaria's indeed a grim, gloomy, unforgiving place, & not for everyone...

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »

From CAG; Target.com is supposedly getting Deluxe editions in soon for shipment.  Site says 2-4 weeks to deliver:

http://www.target.com/Demons-Souls-Deluxe-PlayStation-3/dp/B002GJRQQY/ref=sc_qi_detaillink
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 22, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »

xposting:

Just picked this up again after a short attempt a few months ago. Got my ass handed to me as a Royal but tried a Knight and was able to power my way through the place (although got roasted trying to sneak into the dragon nest).

I may try another class, but need recommendations. I need to be able to block and take a bit of a beating. How is a priest compared to a Knight?
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 22, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »

Quote from: Jag on March 22, 2010, 08:17:23 PM

I may try another class, but need recommendations. I need to be able to block and take a bit of a beating. How is a priest compared to a Knight?

i've always gone with speed over comfort (wanderer), mostly in order to avoid taking a bit of a beating, so i can't be of much help smile - sorry...

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: