http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 09:08:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delayed  (Read 1057 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »

So far it really looks like this fall/winter isn't going to be as crowded as once thought.  I can't say that this is much of a surprise since it happens every year, but it's still a bit of a bummer that some of the games I was really looking forward too have been pushed back to next year. 

So far I have seen announcements for delays or later releases for the following games:
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (all)
  • Mercenaries 2 (all)
  • Assassin's Creed (PC delayed until next year, 360/PS3 in November)
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (all)
  • Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising (PC)

Out of those titles, I think the one that bums me out the most is probably Mercenaries 2.  I have high hopes for that one, and who can resist blowing everything up in an open-world game?  Certainly not me. 

The good news is that there are still great games coming for any platform you may have. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »

well it simplifies things for me- I was debating which version of Assassins Creed to get (PC or 360) but now I'll be getting the 360 version.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:17:32 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 23, 2007, 09:04:07 AM

well it simplifies things for me- I was debating which version of Assassins Creed to get (PC or 360) but now I'll be getting the 360 version.
Same for me with regards to AC. The other stuff-well, honestly I was looking forward to all those games, but it really doesn't hurt me too much that they are coming out later-none of them were on my top 3 or 4 most anticipated, and there is still just a ton of stuff coming out in the next few months (and the next few weeks especially) to really carry us well into next year without any issue. I think those games will all actually end up coming out at the perfect time when most of finally finish off the overload of games we have gotten at the end of this year.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 03:30:09 PM »

For Mercs 2, I had been hearing rumblings that it didn't capture what the first game was.  The sandbox feel was missing, I think.  Hopefully, the delay is a realization that they have to provide what the fans are expecting if they want to milk this series to death...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »

I ignore release dates which are more than two weeks away.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:00:08 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 23, 2007, 06:34:35 AM

So far it really looks like this fall/winter isn't going to be as crowded as once thought. 

Jeez, speak for yourself.  This is literally week by week --

Last week - Eternal Sonata
This week - Halo 3
Then - PGR4
Then - Orange Box
Then - Beautiful Katamari
Then - Ace Combat 6 / Naruto
Then - Simpsons / Guitar Hero 3 / Virtua Fighter 5
Then - Call of Duty 4
Then - Assassin's Creed
Then - Mass Effect / Rock Band

A few of those are certainly in the "maybe" court (The Ace Combat week for instance), but that's a game a week for at least 10 weeks.  And that's only 360.  So thank goodness for some delays!  My usual budget for games is around one game a month smile
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 05:52:39 PM »

Quote from: kathode on September 23, 2007, 05:00:08 PM

So far it really looks like this fall/winter isn't going to be as crowded as once thought. 

This week - Halo 3
Then - PGR4
Then - Orange Box
Then - Call of Duty 4
Then - Assassin's Creed

A few of those are certainly in the "maybe" court (The Ace Combat week for instance), but that's a game a week for at least 10 weeks.  And that's only 360.  So thank goodness for some delays!  My usual budget for games is around one game a month smile

nice breakdown kathode

although personally, I can totally skip the Katamari/Ace Combat/Naruto weeks.  all the other weeks are must buys though

<edit>  I didn't get Eternal Sonata either
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »

I don't mind some delays....but I am going to wait and grab some used copys.  Why spend so much money for a game that is going to sit on a shelf until I can get to it.  I figure that I will just have to take them one at a time.  I am definitely getting H3 and COD4.  After that I wouldn't mind seeing if a used copy of PGR4 is out there somewhere.....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 06:18:23 PM »

I'm glad GTA4 got delayed, just allows me to purchase another game i wanted instead. I hate having 200000 games release within 2 months. i still don't understand why they do it or why there isn't more of a price war between games. It's basically like this. There's 2 games, both are 60 bucks. i wait to see how long they are and how fun they are. If they sound equally as great, but the length is different, I'm going for the longer one. If the prices were different however, that would be another factor. I'm more inclined to spend 40-50 than 60.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »

i'm not even sure i'm going to get ace combat any morw.  guy at eb said the only sku for it was bundled with the joystick for $150.  no game by itself.  i haven't confirmed this, and it sounds suspect any ways, but i've picked up a few more games than i originally planned, so this one gets the bump for now.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »

Thank God for holiday release delays, seriously. I couldn't handle a new GTA game and Mass Effect in the same flipping season even...

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 23, 2007, 07:01:29 PM

i'm not even sure i'm going to get ace combat any morw.  guy at eb said the only sku for it was bundled with the joystick for $150.  no game by itself.  i haven't confirmed this, and it sounds suspect any ways, but i've picked up a few more games than i originally planned, so this one gets the bump for now.

Well they have just the game w/ no joystick available on their website, so that guy was probably either ill informed or trying to sell some extra crap.  Or both. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 10:44:24 PM »

Hopefully, the delay is a realization that they have to provide what the fans are expecting if they want to milk this series to death...

hehehe for some reason very funny and very much on the pulse of "carpe-franchise"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on September 23, 2007, 05:52:39 PM

This week - Halo 3
Then - PGR4
Then - Orange Box
Then - Call of Duty 4
Then - Assassin's Creed

nice breakdown kathode

although personally, I can totally skip the Katamari/Ace Combat/Naruto weeks.  all the other weeks are must buys though

<edit>  I didn't get Eternal Sonata either

I got nothing definite up until CoD4 week, then it's 1 per week.  Of course there are games that aren't on the list that I plan on getting.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 12:45:35 PM »

This week - Halo 3
Then - PGR4
Then - Orange Box
Then - Call of Duty 4
Then - Assassin's Creed

This looks like my must-have list, sans Katamari / Naruto / VF5. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: