http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 02:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defense of the Ancients 2  (Read 2948 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »

the release is imminent?

Welcome to the new plan: We’re going to take the current version of Dota 2, which has The International set of heroes, and get it out there as fast as we can. We’ve still got some work to do in a couple of areas, so we’ll be keeping it invite-only for a (hopefully short) period of time. But there’ll be no restrictions on what players can do with it – they can release screenshots, make movies, shoutcast matches, write guides, publicly make fun of our HUD, or anything else their hearts desire. While they do that, we’ll be shipping regular updates with more heroes, new features we’ve been working on, and improvements on the existing content as we get more and more feedback.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »

Unless they remove denying I won't even look at it.  Unless they remove last hitting, I don't have much reason to switch from LoL.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

I'll definitely check it out - I suspect the release above is in some way related to Dominion hitting the scenes in LOL. Having played that DOTA 2 are going to have to make some fairly obvious changes to keep up:)

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »

As i read about features of DotA 2 and watch the replays (yes all can watch the replays in-game without a key and the game is beautiful) it's going to be really amazing and best DotA game ever.

Lately they wrote about bots!. They know how to use items, when to retreat, fight, farm, push a lane, they inform you about the actions they are going to take for example when or who they are going to gank or attack in teamfight and best of all - they will take your commands. You can tell them to attack tower/hero, defend a building or just farm in forest and they will do it.

And the replays are going to be as fun as the game itself! With searching, filtering, player perspective camera (knowing exactly where pro players move they camera or click) or director camera (you are always there, where the action takes place, and all the spectators can see the same place you currently see), different audio channels (different languages or commentators)... I'm really excited about it. I even started playing HoN again smile, just to learn DotA 2 items/heroes names (there's a mod changing HoN items/heroes to DotA 2 ones)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:42:19 PM by Kossak » Logged

Add me: Raptr: Kossak, Steam: Kossak
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »

If you like TotalBiscuit here's WTF is DotA 2 Beta. I play the beta for about a week now and i love it! I uninstalled HoN smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »

Blizzard is attempting to have the trademark application blocked. 

Getting into the fine print, Blizzard says that, because the original DOTA required WarCraft III to play - and because it's been using and licensing the term to other companies - that while it doesn't have a trademark on the term, it's got a better case for one than Valve.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »

settlement reached between Blizz and Valve.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »

The Dota Store.

Because I can,
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 06:05:27 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 01, 2012, 03:12:11 AM

Sure I have seen a game that came up with that concept a few years ago....just can't think which one  icon_biggrin

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »

If someone still doesn't have an invite and want to try it - add me on steam, i have few left.
And here's The International 2012 documentary.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »

Quote from: Kossak on November 21, 2012, 08:33:21 AM

If someone still doesn't have an invite and want to try it - add me on steam, i have few left.
And here's The International 2012 documentary.

I just watched that whole thing. None of it made sense, but it was awesome. And sad. And awesome.
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2012, 07:26:41 PM »

I guess so, for people new to the dota genre the gameplay doesn't make much sense on the beginning smile. Here's famous moment "The Play" from The International 2012 seen from 4 different cameras, where you can see reaction of the teams and audience.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »

Was going to ask about that. Chinese team does something badass. Na'vi counters with something badasser that was unexpected. Please explain what is going on. 
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »

This guy explained it pretty well so i quoted him here an just addedd links to heroes/skills/abilities/some corrections so anyone can understand them:

Quote from: ilovesharkpeople
The Play (in slow motion)

And the explanation for everything that happened there:

If any abilities, heroes, or items are not clear to you just ask or look them up on the Liquipedia Dota 2/dota 2 wiki:

Naga Siren came in and ulted - this stuns pretty much the entire team for a long duration, but makes them immune to damage or debuffs.

Dark Seer used vacuum to suck everyone on Na'Vi (except Juggernaut) in and set up the follow-up - using Tidehunter's ravage to stun everyone for 2 seconds, and use Lina's stun for ANOTHER couple seconds. This will all be happening as Na'Vi's team is getting their face beat in by Naga Siren and her illusions, as well as a number of AOE spells from the rest of iG - the result would be a thousand to two thousand damage on each member of navi really, REALLY fast.

Ferrari430, on Puck, uses his illusory orb ability to teleport himself in and attempts to silence Na'Vi at the moment Naga's ult ends - this means that even if Enigma used his BKB (Black King Bar) and went spell immune, the rest of the Na'Vi squad would be unable to follow up Enigma's black hole ultimate. Puck could then follow up for even more damage and use dream coil to ensure no one on Navi could possibly escape.

Lightofheaven, on Enigma, gets his BKB off immediately, before the ravage's cast animation finishes and he is stunned. Juggernaut is also able to use his blade fury and go spell immune - this allows both him and Enigma to avoid the ravage. In that SAME split second, Dendi, on Rubick Force Staffs to get out of the ravage AOE.

Ferrari430 is just the tiniest of a fraction of a second too late, and his silence does not go off before Enigma's black hole goes off - at this point you have most of iG caught in a 4 second stun from the black hole, Juggernaut spinning around doing AOE damage, and dendi non stunned and nearby.

Lina is able to get her stun off - but since Dendi is out of there and Juggernaut and Enigma are spell immune, she only catches two.

Dendi uses Rubick's ult to steal Tidehunter's ravage ability, and goes back in. While he does this he uses Telekinesis to lift up Lina and prevent her from using nukes on anyone after her initial stun.

As black hole only has a second or so left, Dendi lets off ravage. iG's squad takes a ton of damage and are stunned for even longer. The combined damage of Juggernaut, the stolen ravage, a follow-up fade bolt from dendi, black hole, and an ether shock from the now free-from-stun shadow shaman has killed everyone on iG, bar Lina who is JUST coming down from Dendi's Telekinesis.

Navi converges 5v1 on Lina, cleaning up the last of iG. They have just not only survived one of the most unbelievably powerful wombo-combos you can have in DOTA 2, but have totally reversed it and wiped iG without a single loss. The entire squad worked in absolutely perfect concert with one another to do all of this in mere seconds, when a thousanth of a second timing off from any one of them could have spelled absolute disaster for Navi.

Dendi is apparently standing up and screaming "SUCK IT" in Russian as the play concludes. This play has pretty much given Navi a HUGE advantage in game 2 of the bo3 winner's bracket finals after having lost game 1 in a mere 17 minutes. They proceeded to take this game, the following game, and advance to the grand finals for the chance to play for one million dollars and defend their title of the #1 dota team in the world.

Oh, and Navi's Courier flew over iG as they were coming in - it got hit by Puck once but was microed away to saftey by someone on Na'Vi instantly, and delivered its item after "the play" was complete. They even saved the damn Courier

And now, that same clip in real time

That whole thing, from start to finish, took place over only ten seconds. There was no opportunity to communicate here. It was all instant situation assessment/reaction in perfect concert with one another.

source
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:07:12 PM by Kossak » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: