http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 10:47:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defective Guitar Hero II [360] guitars  (Read 1534 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:57:39 PM »

Apparently Red Octane has acknowledged that two models (95065 and 95055) of the XBox 360 guitar are defective and users are told to exchange them for a different model. 

I don't even have the game, but I know quite a few here do and some were mentioning trouble with their guitars.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »

The only problem I have with mine is if I hold the neck the way that is most comfortable to me, then as soon as I have star power it pretty much launches into it.  I have to hold the neck a little lower to compensate.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »

Mine is defective.  It won't let me five-star Institutionalized on Medium.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »

Quote from: kathode on April 07, 2007, 05:18:37 PM

Hahha...good one.

Mine is one of the defective ones.  Hopefully we'll see some way to shop those back mighty quicklike.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 05:55:52 PM »

Same. Opened a RMA this morning. Hopefully things go quickly and smoothly.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 06:02:44 PM »

Reading the entire article it looks like it is only the 95055 Guitar, but they have seen it in boxes with 95065

They are saying to look on the back of the guitar only, if it says 95055 then it is most likely defective

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on April 07, 2007, 06:02:44 PM

Reading the entire article it looks like it is only the 95055 Guitar, but they have seen it in boxes with 95065

They are saying to look on the back of the guitar only, if it says 95055 then it is most likely defective

Not exactly: "Over at sister site Xbox 360 Fanboy, where they received a broken controller, they had a 95067 (that is not a typo) box with a 95065 guitar inside. At this point Red Octane acknowledges "defective" models as 95065 and 95055."

Sandwiches do fix everything.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »

Quote from: kathode on April 07, 2007, 05:18:37 PM

thank you...now i know i'm not the only one with this problem.  i've five-starred everything else on medium (even a bunch of the bonus tracks), but that damn song still kicks my ass icon_evil

as for my guitar, i have a 95065 (in a re-stickered 95055 box)...whammy bar works great, but i have to tilt the thing almost completely vertical to trigger star power.  i guess i may try returning mine to Circuit City soon if they have one of the ones that supposedly works better...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:05:43 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 07:46:07 PM »

Yeah, I've got a 95065 with the wonderful yellow button problems and the whammy bar is a little touchy and weird too. I guess I'm headed for my third copy of the game :|

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on April 07, 2007, 07:46:07 PM

Yeah, I've got a 95065 with the wonderful yellow button problems and the whammy bar is a little touchy and weird too. I guess I'm headed for my third copy of the game :|

Exact same here. I'll have to figure out how to do the exchange. Nice to know I wasn't imagining the issues mine has had.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 09:35:25 PM »

I have one of each, they seem to work fine but I guess I'll start the process
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 04:23:29 AM »

Hmm, sticker on the box says 95061 but it says 95065 on the guitar itself.  So I wouldn't really feel comfortable exchanging it since the stickers clearly aren't accurate so there is no way to know what I'm exchanging for.

Seems to work alright though so far so I'll probably just keep it for now.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »

Does anyone know more about the defective guitars?  For example, I have one of each of the numbers listed as "defective", but they seem to work just fine.  No whammy bar issues, no sticking yellow button, and I wouldn't have ever known about any issues with the guitars I have until I read about them here.

I'm wondering if the defective guitars malfunction right out of the box, or of the defects become known later after extensive play.  Also, do the issues effect some of the guitars from the two defective batches, or are both batches bad in their entirety.  I'd hate to return two perfectly functioning guitars out of fear that perhaps someday they'll stop working due to a defect effecting some of the guitars they manufactured, but I also don't want to wind up discovering that my guitars were in fact defective sometime down the road and thinking, "Damn, if only I would have returned them when I had the chance." 

What is a rockstar to do?

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 11, 2007, 03:51:12 PM

Does anyone know more about the defective guitars?  For example, I have one of each of the numbers listed as "defective", but they seem to work just fine.  No whammy bar issues, no sticking yellow button, and I wouldn't have ever known about any issues with the guitars I have until I read about them here.

I'm wondering if the defective guitars malfunction right out of the box, or of the defects become known later after extensive play.  Also, do the issues effect some of the guitars from the two defective batches, or are both batches bad in their entirety.  I'd hate to return two perfectly functioning guitars out of fear that perhaps someday they'll stop working due to a defect effecting some of the guitars they manufactured, but I also don't want to wind up discovering that my guitars were in fact defective sometime down the road and thinking, "Damn, if only I would have returned them when I had the chance." 

What is a rockstar to do?

I'm interested in the same questions......are they bad out of the box or do they eventually crap out?  I've got the 95055 guitar.  Doesn't seem to be anything broken with it but I've only played with it about 8 hours or so.

- shaggy

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I've got one of the defective models and it works fine, so why bother with the hassle of a return? 
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »

Quote from: kathode on April 11, 2007, 05:37:41 PM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I've got one of the defective models and it works fine, so why bother with the hassle of a return? 

That's exactly what I've been thinking.  I've read posts from all over the internet from people with "defective" guitars that work just fine, and many others from people with real defects.  For now I've been taking the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, mainly because I'd have to take the bundle pack back to Best Buy, and I've already "personalized" my guitar with the enlosed stickers, and I have another single guitar that would have to go back to Toys-R-Us.  I'm wondering if the defects only effect some of the guitars from the "bad" batches.  Because there are plenty out there with "bad" guitars that work fine, and I've even read about people having problems with guitars that aren't part of the defective models. 

Guess I should just be happy that my guitars work just fine and only deal with a return if I have to. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 09:06:33 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 11, 2007, 03:51:12 PM

...but I also don't want to wind up discovering that my guitars were in fact defective sometime down the road and thinking, "Damn, if only I would have returned them when I had the chance." 

By then the authorized wireless guitar will be available and it will be the perfect excuse!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 11:19:09 AM »

Ok finally picked up GH from Gamestop since i had alot of credit, and i've got the 95055 model and the whammy bar is defective.  So i have a question about returning it....

I'll be waiting a long time for Gamestop to exchange it since they get them in only occasionally it seems, so does anyone see why i can't maybe swap it out at Wal Mart or would Red Octane swap it out even though i didn't buy it through them?  I'm thinking of taking it to Wal Mart and exchanging it even though i have no receipt if thats my best bet.

Anyone know?

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »

Quote from: kathode on April 11, 2007, 05:37:41 PM

Same here.  Whammy bar on my 055 model works just fine.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on April 26, 2007, 11:19:09 AM

Ok finally picked up GH from Gamestop since i had alot of credit, and i've got the 95055 model and the whammy bar is defective.  So i have a question about returning it....

I'll be waiting a long time for Gamestop to exchange it since they get them in only occasionally it seems, so does anyone see why i can't maybe swap it out at Wal Mart or would Red Octane swap it out even though i didn't buy it through them?  I'm thinking of taking it to Wal Mart and exchanging it even though i have no receipt if thats my best bet.

Anyone know?

Did you apply the patch that's supposed to fix it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: