http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 05:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Rising 2 - PC or console?  (Read 1956 times)
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:18:07 AM »

Any reason I should be swayed one way or the other?  I own both consoles but mostly use the PS3.  My laptop is pretty oomphy (fine for F4D2, for example), but I usually prefer action games on the console just for convenience.

Any great deciders one way or the other aside from price (much cheaper on the PC, yes?)?
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:03:13 AM »

I haven't read any impressions on the PC version, but assuming decent gamepad support is implemented, it would probably be the way to go graphically.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:27:43 AM »

From what I've heard the graphics are noticeably crisper on the PC, and you'll be able to have far more zombies on the screen at once.

It's unlocked on Steam now and waiting for me when I get home. smile
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »

Was there any talk about the co-op multiplayer being available on the PC? I thought i heard something about the multiplayer mode being cancelled for the PC.

The main reason I want dead rising 2 is for co-op with a friend, otherwise I'm not a fan of the stuff they kept from Dead Rising 1.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:25:02 AM »

According to the Steam product page, the multiplayer is in for the PC version. Requires Games For Windows Live though.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:27:52 PM »

I'm sitting on the fence with this one.  I wish there was demo.  Their system requirements describes a computer only slightly slower than mine, it's a console port and it has GFWL (this is the major strike against it IMO).  Also I've read there is no way to change the control scheme in game (though people have found you can edit ini files).  The overall concept is something that intrigues me, but I'd like to try a taste of actual gameplay before I lay down my money.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »

Hmm...much cheaper, better graphics, and more zombies? This is sounding promising.  Capcom's PC ports have been very good lately.  Maybe I'll look into this on PC instead of 360.  Unfortunately, Best Buy doesn't have it listed on their site, I've got $20 in gift cards there.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 04:21:46 PM »

I was just comin to post this topic if not already here...enough info present that i'll go ahead.

I plan to steam it.  39.99 is a good price point and with the potiential for better graphics and more zeds....well i'm sold.

I'm gaming on a Fujitsu NH570 with a Nvidia 330M 1GB card. (18" laptop)
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:55 PM »

If I wasn't going to play Co-op I'd have gotten the PC version but a friend said that he wanted too so I got the 360 version.  I will always buy the PC version of a single player game.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:39 AM »

And I do the smart thing and use my friends and our awesome computers, great internet connections, for free online play, not to mention cheaper.

The only concern I have is that a lot of the recent capcom ports have had a fatal flaw, such as RE5 not having proper lighting on the PC. But then again, they've usually gone back and fixed any such problems.
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 12:50:29 AM »

Everyone knows the whole:  "PC games are $50, console games are $60" stance, but I don't understand why the console version of Dead Rising 2 is $60 and the PC version is $40?
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:05 AM »

Hopefully the PC version will be moddable - fix the save system, etc.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 02:05:57 AM »

Has anyone seen this at Best Buy?

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 03:20:28 AM »

Whichever version allows you to use a mouse.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 03:25:55 AM »

Anyone read about stupid respawning bosses returning to the same critical travel zone again and again? Those inmates broke the game for me.

I can tolerate the time limit, the death and replay system, and other oddities, but I just can't tolerate really stupid stupid design decisions that make the game simply not fun.

That said, it sounds like they really tried to fix stuff like survivor AI so it's not a nuisance anymore.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:29:22 AM by Turtle » Logged
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:38 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 29, 2010, 12:45:39 AM

such as RE5 not having proper lighting on the PC. But then again, they've usually gone back and fixed any such problems.

are you thinking of RE4 and its missing shaders? Resident Evil 5 was exactly the same as the PS3 and X360 versions, as the console versions were developed on the PC-based "MT Framework" engine. (this is also applicable to Dead Rising 2, Devil May Cry IV and the Lost Planet series)
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 01:21:45 PM »

Once I heard it was a good port, it really was a no-brainer for me.  Live enabled, mouse and keyboard, plus much better visuals made it an easy choice.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

I got this off of Steam and have been messing around with it on and off.  it's not a bad game per se, it's just not keeping my attention very well.  I may have to grab the ninja DLC though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 06:59:50 PM »

I'm going to wait for a Steam Sale.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »

I finally broke down and got this a few weeks ago as I was pre-ordering Fallout New Vegas.  I played it for a bit and had fun, but of course once New Vegas hit I haven't touched it.

One thing to be aware of, while I know many who got it for PC prefer mouse+keyboard, if you want to play on the PC using a controller this game only supports the wired version of the Microsoft controller.  If you've got the wireless version, or some "off brand" controller like Logitech the game doesn't recognize it.

I prefer mouse+keyboard, but I recently got a Logitech F310 controller for some other games like Lara Croft, Shank, some racing games, etc. and this is the only game that it hasn't worked with.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: